English channel migrant crossing crisis #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Continue here

Recap: the government is set to vote on the Rwanda bill but a group of Tory MPs don't think it'll work

(Couldn’t add on last thread )
---
Said on the earlier thread about budgetary constraints holding people back from studying for roles within the NHS ,then bringing foreign workers to train in these roles…Makes no sense to me whatsoever, we should be investing in our own young people .

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
It sounds like someone has taken their own life on the Bibi Stockholm barge.

I saw Starmers condolence speech…None for the children of Gaza…Tells us all we need to know 🙄
---
He didn’t send condolences to those in hotels that took their own life 🤔
---

---
If anything it tells us we need a more robust, controlled asylum system that works for all .

Last edited:
I saw Starmers condolence speech…None for the children of Gaza…Tells us all we need to know 🙄
---
---

---
If anything it tells us we need a more robust, controlled asylum system that works for all .
[/QUOTE
---
---

---
He didn’t mention Gaza because they were talking about this specific incident. He has mentioned the victims of Gaza previously.
Of course we need a better system for dealing with asylum seekers, which is precisely why the Rwanda plan needs to be dropped right now and the money spent on a proper system with better ways of accessing our system that doesn’t involving risking life and limb on the Channel in a rubber dinghy.

Reactions: 1
The failed asylum system is causing so many deaths for so many veterans and homeless people. They deserve better.

Reactions: 4
That would involve rewriting the whole refugee/ ECHR pact! Would you like to see that happen?

If they entered without proper documentation it’s only right items be confiscated in the interest of national security, in other countries they’d be detained and removed to holding centres, not driven to hotels in community settings.

If they entered without proper documentation it’s only right items be confiscated in the interest of national security, in other countries they’d be detained and removed to holding centres, not driven to hotels in community settings.
Strongly agree. Our own citizens have restrictions to adhere to when attending ticketed events, concerts, gatherings etc. Bags are routinely checked at some events so I should think it essential when people are illegally entering a country and possibly be carrying bombs or lethal weapons.

Reactions: 10
Asked whether he would ever consider sending asylum seekers abroad, the Labour leader said he was open to the idea of offshore processing.
The Rwanda scheme…is a straight deportation scheme in relation to people who have already arrived”, he told reporters. “Other countries around the world do have schemes where they divert people away for processing elsewhere. That’s a different kind of scheme and I’ll look at any scheme that might work."

Also I have been to "ticketed events, concerts gatherings etc." where "bags are routinely checked" but I don't think that these has ever involved being strip searched and having my mobile phone and SIM card confiscated as part of a blanket policy that the Home Secretary has already admitted is illegal.

Asked whether he would ever consider sending asylum seekers abroad, the Labour leader said he was open to the idea of offshore processing.
The Rwanda scheme…is a straight deportation scheme in relation to people who have already arrived”, he told reporters. “Other countries around the world do have schemes where they divert people away for processing elsewhere. That’s a different kind of scheme and I’ll look at any scheme that might work."

Also I have been to "ticketed events, concerts gatherings etc." where "bags are routinely checked" but I don't think that these has ever involved being strip searched and having my mobile phone and SIM card confiscated as part of a blanket policy that the Home Secretary has already admitted is illegal.
That’s everyday life in NI 😂 ask anyone what stop n search powers mean, some people up to 40 times a day…All in the name of security, of course!
---
Why didn’t he apply through the legal routes!
IMG_2026.jpeg

Last edited:
The failed asylum system is causing so many deaths for so many veterans and homeless people. They deserve better.
Separately, do you genuinely believe we have a government that cares about the homeless or veterans? Because before this became a "crisis" they weren't exactly being offered support on a platter.

Imagine immigration lawyers making that type of boo-boo 🙄
---
Santa has been given leave to remain by the Irish 🤡 😂let’s hope he’s got an unlimited number of houses , money and guards in his sack 🎅🏻

Throwing millions of £ at Rwanda to improve its asylum processing system but the UK can't even reach its own target

---
More asylum seekers waiting 3 years for a decision

The number of asylum seekers waiting three years or more for a decision on their future has more than trebled in the past year, according to exclusive data obtained by this newspaper.

During the same period, those who have been waiting at least a year have seen their number almost double, Byline Times has learned, as has that of those awaiting any kind of outcome.

Today’s Byline Times data, obtained via a Freedom of Information request, highlights the human cost of the government’s ongoing immigration disaster and lays bare the full extent of asylum delays. Between January and March 2023, the number of people waiting three years or more years has increased by 236%, from 531 to 1,789, compared to the same period the previous year.

Over the same period, the number of those waiting a year or more to learn their fate has jumped 96% from 3,634 to 7,124. The number awaiting any decision has gone up 122% from 4,827 to 10,750.

Reactions: 1
Throwing millions of £ at Rwanda to improve its asylum processing system but the UK can't even reach its own target

---
More asylum seekers waiting 3 years for a decision

The number of asylum seekers waiting three years or more for a decision on their future has more than trebled in the past year, according to exclusive data obtained by this newspaper.

During the same period, those who have been waiting at least a year have seen their number almost double, Byline Times has learned, as has that of those awaiting any kind of outcome.

Today’s Byline Times data, obtained via a Freedom of Information request, highlights the human cost of the government’s ongoing immigration disaster and lays bare the full extent of asylum delays. Between January and March 2023, the number of people waiting three years or more years has increased by 236%, from 531 to 1,789, compared to the same period the previous year.

Over the same period, the number of those waiting a year or more to learn their fate has jumped 96% from 3,634 to 7,124. The number awaiting any decision has gone up 122% from 4,827 to 10,750.
How will they force deportation?