English channel migrant crossing crisis #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing that never happens happened again.

Hung around outside the club. Posed as a Good Samaritan. Waited until he thought there were no witnesses. Tried to block her escape route.

Pure sexual predator behaviour. 70% likely to be moving close to you when he is finished serving time at his majesty’s pleasure 😜.

This guy is a rape murder waiting to happen.
Heaven forbid we should tar all asylum seekers with the same brush. Do you ever listen to the people who work amongst and know asylum seekers? Of course there are going to be a few bad eggs, there are everywhere, but this constant Braverman type rhetoric that they are all murderers and rapists is a bit pathetic. We even have the deputy leader of Reform saying let them drown. Anyone voting for Reform here?
Can you imagine a civil war breaking out here and you having to flee the country in a flimsy dingy?

Reactions: 1
Heaven forbid we should tar all asylum seekers with the same brush. Do you ever listen to the people who work amongst and know asylum seekers? Of course there are going to be a few bad eggs, there are everywhere, but this constant Braverman type rhetoric that they are all murderers and rapists is a bit pathetic. We even have the deputy leader of Reform saying let them drown. Anyone voting for Reform here?
Can you imagine a civil war breaking out here and you having to flee the country in a flimsy dingy?
There is currently no civil war in France where said migrants boarded said flimsy dinghy.

And to answer your question, yes as I've stated numerous times I was an officer with Northumbria Police for 20 years and must have attended well over 100 call outs for illegal entry, at the time usually emerging from the back of a lorry.

And I have never once said they were "all murderers and rapists". No one has. But I would respectfully point out that if illegal migrants didn't commit heinous crimes it wouldn't be possible to post about their convictions on an almost daily basis. Damn life intruding on ideological purity again.

Don't you think your tantrum was a little pathetic?

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
They’re not fleeing for their lives they’re travelling through numerous safe countries, asylum shopping 🛒

Reactions: 6
I’ve heard this mentioned on social media but can’t seem to find anything about it in the news so I thought I’d ask here - is it true that the EU or EU countries sends migrants to Rwanda?

Reactions: 2
I’ve heard this mentioned on social media but can’t seem to find anything about it in the news so I thought I’d ask here - is it true that the EU or EU countries sends migrants to Rwanda?
My understanding is that some EU countries are monitoring the results of the policy with an eye to introducing similar policies themselves.

The UN do
Is this not just part of the infinite flexibility of interpretation available when “nuance” is introduced to a debate.

For example is a large company wants to invest in a community and open a new factory but said it would never invest in Africa because the place is in chaos and it’s factory would either be looted or burned down the the usual suspects (see above) would be shrieking “Racist! Racist! Racist! That attitude is based on outdated White Man centric post colonial attitudes. Africa has made huge steps and this is all a Far Right plot to stop prosperity arriving on the continent. Shame! Shame! Shame! Boycott! Hashtag! TikTok”.

So then a decision is made, ok we recognise this progress therefore we will send some asylum seekers for processing the self same people would shriek even louder, ‘No! No! No! It’s far too dangerous. They will be brutally murdered within a week and have all their human rights removed. Facist! Facist! Facist! Be Kind! Solidarity”.

It’s fine to see shades of grey in a debate, but not so that the world disappears from view.

These people are bleeping insane…..

Reactions: 4
After all we now know, the crooked lawyers, home office, french authority human traffickers, you think this is ok? Support these crimes? :rolleyes:

They wonder why people have concerns.

Last edited:
There is currently no civil war in France where said migrants boarded said flimsy dinghy.

And to answer your question, yes as I've stated numerous times I was an officer with Northumbria Police for 20 years and must have attended well over 100 call outs for illegal entry, at the time usually emerging from the back of a lorry.

And I have never once said they were "all murderers and rapists". No one has. But I would respectfully point out that if illegal migrants didn't commit heinous crimes it wouldn't be possible to post about their convictions on an almost daily basis. Damn life intruding on ideological purity again.

Don't you think your tantrum was a little pathetic?
I didn’t have a tantrum and no I don’t think it is pathetic. What I think is pathetic is this focus on the odd bad apple whilst ignoring the vast majority of genuine refugees. As for your point about France, what has that got to do with anything? If you need to make a new life somewhere and speak English not French or have relatives in England not France, why would you stay in France? Why should France have to deal with all migration just because there is a thin strip of water between us? I’m sure you know that asylum seekers do not have to apply for asylum in the first safe country they come to. It makes perfect sense for them to seek asylum where it works best for them. I am sure you know too that we take far fewer asylum seekers than other European countries.
A seven year old girl drowned the other day. But you carry on focussing on the bad guys.
---
Happy with this?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I didn’t have a tantrum and no I don’t think it is pathetic. What I think is pathetic is this focus on the odd bad apple whilst ignoring the vast majority of genuine refugees. As for your point about France, what has that got to do with anything? If you need to make a new life somewhere and speak English not French or have relatives in England not France, why would you stay in France? Why should France have to deal with all migration just because there is a thin strip of water between us? I’m sure you know that asylum seekers do not have to apply for asylum in the first safe country they come to. It makes perfect sense for them to seek asylum where it works best for them. I am sure you know too that we take far fewer asylum seekers than other European countries.
A seven year old girl drowned the other day. But you carry on focussing on the bad guys.
---
Happy with this?

Why should UK taxpayers be burdened by X amount of migrants relatives that can’t support themselves, find accommodation or pay for healthcare and education? These things have to be funded they’re not free…The seven yr old child died at the hands of other violent migrants ( Sky news story above) .
---
Ireland’s exploding over this issue.That’s pepper spray btw.

---
(Articles paywalled )

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
---
Happy with this?

Well in that case I feel no guilt whatsoever for the tragedy in the channel. All the migrants were in France. A safe country and each was faced with a choice. Stay there and apply, or board a seriously over loaded dinghy in the full knowledge that the choice could be fatal. They chose the latter. Now someone may choose to walk down the middle of the M1 at 2am wearing black clothes. If they did I would first of all question their sanity, and second of all I would point out that there is more than an even chance that they would get mown by a large duck off lorry. It is if course a tragedy, but it's a tragedy which could have been avoided by the simple expedience of not walking down the M1 at 2am. Perhaps you feel the government should put up a sign every five miles saying something along the lines of "Walking on the motorway is a bleeping stupid thing to do". Perhaps they should also put up a sign on Calais beaches saying "An overloaded dinghy is likely to sink, your call". And please don't tell me that they have no choice. They simply need to find the nearest Gendarme.

The thin strip of water you refer to is the English channel. Unfortunately this is a geographical reality and has been since the decline of the last ice age many 100,000 years ago. The channel means that the UK is an island and it isn't possible to get here directly unless you a) fly, or b) master the ability to walk on water, or c) transmute yourself into a flat stone and skim yourself across. If none of these apply then you passed through several safe countries on your way here and chose the perilous crossing every time. Chose. You didn't have too. You had other options. You had several options. You chose badly.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Four arrested..all should be deported.
---
This is the latest sticking point, asylum claims weren’t processed fast enough 😂
---
Money well spent! The public have a right to know these things when we’re supporting them .

Last edited:
Didn't think it would be long until the aggression turned to murder with these extremists :(
This was in my part of the world and there was a big feature on the case on the local news. He had basically been all over Europe, rejected wherever he went. He even attacked two policewomen during the interrogation. More on him here.

Hmmm. Does anyone else think that the “security services” were monitoring his shop because he was, well, an Islamic extremist?

“Bad egg“ seems woefully inadequate. Kind of like claiming that a person in the path of a tidal wave is about to feel an increase in moisture…..
---
Four arrested..all should be deported.
---
This is the latest sticking point, asylum claims weren’t processed fast enough 😂
---
Money well spent! The public have a right to know these things when we’re supporting them .
Well you know how it is. Forced to flee Vietnam with nothing to your name but your social media accounts, your phone, your roaming data allowance, and several thousand pounds in used notes to pay “informal travel agents”.

Just the essentials.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Didn't think it would be long until the aggression turned to murder with these extremists :(
We’ve had massive problems with Islamic extremists since the early 00s. Sadly, Jihadist material including bomb making instructions and execution videos gets more clicks in the UK than in any other European nation. I think more attacks and deaths will occur and it will all be ‘lessons will be learned’. I mean look at Khairi Saadallah who killed 3 men and injured 3 other people in 2020. The BBC didn’t mention terrorism in their report even though his motivation was jihadism and the police said the attacks were terrorism. Since he came to the UK in 2013, from an affluent middle class family, he had been in and out of prison. Even though he was convicted six times for 15 crimes between 2015 and 2019 (of which eight were violent crimes, two involved possession of a knife and two involved racially or religiously aggravated harassment) he was given permission to stay in 2018! In Libya he was a member of Ansar al-Sharia (which he denied on his application) and spent time with a British spokesman for a terrorist organisation. He was released 17 days before the attack after being imprisoned for assault and possession of a bladed item. All this and the powers of be did nothing much apart from saying he was unable to be deported back to Libya because of his human rights. But what about the human rights of those 6 in 2020? Or the others he harmed?

The vetting process needs to be tougher because I am fed up of hearing about rapists and terrorists who have been afforded the opportunity to stay in this country because of their human rights. It’s almost like the authorities, etc and their inaction is the signing the death warrants for everyday citizens because another attack will happen, be it big or small.

Reactions: 7