Emmylou Loves #27 Buy my clothes and eat my cheese, line my pockets and catch my disease.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
8F2DAAD4-92C5-418D-ADC7-F429A58FE51C.jpeg
That narky bleep face when S has the audacity to say he wants to play soccer says it all…then turns away from camera (and him) and passive aggressive mutters “anyway” 🤬

• Angry
Reactions: 30
I know I say it all the time but geez poor sage for sure his ridiculous mother has ruined basketball for him why on earth can she not let him have one thing for himself without making it about her. She never even needed to mention him and his basketball on Instagram but she put it out there and now he is unhappy again. What a sick sad life she has made for those kids. Also I seen this and though of our gal but let’s face it even going outside doesn’t mean she bothers. Put some more effort into yourself Emmy you are not busy if you have time to throw around an ugly fake basketball.

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 14
So a few things for me:

that dinner served to sage was more that I serve for my tradie husband, who runs 10km plusi in the early morning, works manual work all day, then does activities with our son until dinner time.
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The hair situation.
I have many friends who go to that hairdresser. The hairdressers seam to do a great job on blonde. But sorry to say, Emmy Lou, the orange colour blonde that you think is looking mighty fine. It really doesn’t.
it will go very brassy in a week or two and it’s looking very dry!
Definitely needs to go darker.

I had a partner who’s mother was a “feeder” when he was little. He grew up a Bigger child. He had weight issues from teenage years right through to his adult life. He then struggled with eating disorders. The resentment he holds toward his mother now, it’s sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Donna Hay’s meatloaf recipe has breadcrumbs soaking in some milk. However, she doesn’t soak whole pieces of bread. It’s bread which has been blended first, then soaked. The pasta was over cooked and she used the wrong utensil to serve spaghetti. My husband used to be a chef and just laughs at how bad her cooking is. He couldn’t believe she could stuff up slow cooked oxtail. 😂😂

Reactions: 17
My God do I feel for those kids. She is a classic narc. Any enjoyment S got out of basketball is long gone. First she relished his achievements as her own, and then when she saw the positive feedback he received for playing she became competitive. She has no empathy for her children. Her whole life is one big compulsive drive to place herself at the front and centre of every situation. We can see now why her Perth based family have had enough. ALove finally got out (and as spineless as he seems, removing yourself from a narc is not easy, so good on him). SL has clearly withdrawn. She couldn't name five legitimate, actual friends if her life depended on it (no, EL - Leah, Lia and Polly don't count. They are paid employees, not your friends).

What a clusterfuck of a life she has created for herself. I think she was always like this, but the pandemic seemed to magnify her faults and make her even more obnoxious. I'd really love to have her beside me at the nail salon, getting her little trotters soaked, so I could start a conversation and tell her what a piece of work she is whilst she had no easy way to escape. I wonder how many people she has cut out of her life who dared to call her out 🤔

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
So a few things for me:

that dinner served to sage was more that I serve for my tradie husband, who runs 10km plusi in the early morning, works manual work all day, then does activities with our son until dinner time.
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The hair situation.
I have many friends who go to that hairdresser. The hairdressers seam to do a great job on blonde. But sorry to say, Emmy Lou, the orange colour blonde that you think is looking mighty fine. It really doesn’t.
it will go very brassy in a week or two and it’s looking very dry!
Definitely needs to go darker.

I had a partner who’s mother was a “feeder” when he was little. He grew up a Bigger child. He had weight issues from teenage years right through to his adult life. He then struggled with eating disorders. The resentment he holds toward his mother now, it’s sad.
I agree her hair colour doesn't look much different from before it was done. Still dark roots.

Reactions: 11
So Sage decided he does not want to play hoops I hope it’s not because friends have seen him him with the maniac mother and have taunted him.
100% sure they have seen...turning 12 is grade 7 here in WA..its high school. My boys go to an all boys school and having a mother like this on insta would lead to full time bullying...esp with a public profile, the dirty jokes, skanky clothes..it would honestly be mortifying for him. its embarrassing for us to watch but guaranteed its hell for him..

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Lmfao!!!! If she is thinking this is about her, then we have no hope of cracking that thick skull of hers with how looney she really is!!!!
LOLLLLL cycle breaker!!!!!! She is a whackjob!!!!
She is creating bad cycles! I dont see suelyn pulling this kind of bullshit! Her niece also seems normal. How dare this toad insinuate there needs to be a cycle broken from previously. She is the problem. Omg i want to shout it from the rooftops. EMMYLOU ONE WORD YOU ARE THE PROBLEM. bleeping hell.

The only thing she is teaching her kids is how to be camera operators, production assistants and runners.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
My God do I feel for those kids. She is a classic narc. Any enjoyment S got out of basketball is long gone. First she relished his achievements as her own, and then when she saw the positive feedback he received for playing she became competitive. She has no empathy for her children. Her whole life is one big compulsive drive to place herself at the front and centre of every situation. We can see now why her Perth based family have had enough. ALove finally got out (and as spineless as he seems, removing yourself from a narc is not easy, so good on him). SL has clearly withdrawn. She couldn't name five legitimate, actual friends if her life depended on it (no, EL - Leah, Lia and Polly don't count. They are paid employees, not your friends).

What a clusterfuck of a life she has created for herself. I think she was always like this, but the pandemic seemed to magnify her faults and make her even more obnoxious. I'd really love to have her beside me at the nail salon, getting her little trotters soaked, so I could start a conversation and tell her what a piece of work she is whilst she had no easy way to escape. I wonder how many people she has cut out of her life who dared to call her out 🤔
💯 Snarks!

I grew up in a family of narcs so this behaviour is all too familiar. Anything the kids achieve will be because of her (or so she'll say); their special days will become all about her (I hope her daughters have the good sense to elope should they choose to marry - Sage's future partner will be in for one heck of a ride); any of their hobbies will become her hobbies - and she'll be so much better at them than they could ever hope to be. It's all a big competition and it's bloody exhausting. You have to move far, far away for your own sanity.

Her desire to put herself and her desires (not needs) above all else is nauseating. I admit that I'm a bit over the top and overcook a lot of things, but part of my Sunday routine is to plan for the week ahead - what we're wearing, menu planning and preparation (which normally involves making meals ahead of time and freezing them into portion-sized containers). Washing, ironing, folding all gets done during the week, making it easy to stay on top of it. Shopping is normally done at 9pm one week night, when the supermarket is nearly empty (and never without a list). I'm not perfect, but having a routine helps with any curveballs that might occur during the week.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
She is really looking old her youthfulness which was one of her better attributes has completely gone.
She looks fed up and overwhelmed. If she released all the stuff she'd likely be a lot happier!

I keep getting emails from Ezibuy (daily) announcing big sales on things - today, certain coats have 70% off. I'm going to assume they are finding the current climate a bit tough ... is anyone buying any of the Zoe Moss stuff?

Reactions: 9
@Messychaotic - one word im exactly the same usually Monday is my day off and it’s prep for the whole week! Cooking, meal planning, shopping and most of the washing and ironing are done with knowing what I have to do for the week ahead i update all our timetables accordingly. However mad dog lays around in her spare time licking her cheezel fingers and thinking of ways to talk herself up. She has no clue! Understand this lazylou if you showed us real things you do for your kids instead of your unhygienic revolting cooking and you screaming at their sports like a crazy lady we would like you more. Oh that’s right you don’t do these things anymore or probably ever really did.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
100% sure they have seen...turning 12 is grade 7 here in WA..its high school. My boys go to an all boys school and having a mother like this on insta would lead to full time bullying...esp with a public profile, the dirty jokes, skanky clothes..it would honestly be mortifying for him. its embarrassing for us to watch but guaranteed its hell for him..
This! Oh poor, poor S ☹ Everyone always focuses on how nasty preteen and teenage girls can be, but boys that age are just as bad, truly. And young men often lack- thanks to toxic masculinity- the emotionally intimate friendships that girls, at least, can use to shield from nastiness. I just hope ALove is an utterly fantastic Dad, the kid needs someone in his corner. Your own boys are lucky to have you, a mother who clearly thinks about them as their own beings and not merely extensions of herself. It’s ridiculous that ELL gallivants like this on a public profile for all to see. It would be mortifying for S.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
💯 Snarks!

I grew up in a family of narcs so this behaviour is all too familiar. Anything the kids achieve will be because of her (or so she'll say); their special days will become all about her (I hope her daughters have the good sense to elope should they choose to marry - Sage's future partner will be in for one heck of a ride); any of their hobbies will become her hobbies - and she'll be so much better at them than they could ever hope to be. It's all a big competition and it's bloody exhausting. You have to move far, far away for your own sanity.

Her desire to put herself and her desires (not needs) above all else is nauseating. I admit that I'm a bit over the top and overcook a lot of things, but part of my Sunday routine is to plan for the week ahead - what we're wearing, menu planning and preparation (which normally involves making meals ahead of time and freezing them into portion-sized containers). Washing, ironing, folding all gets done during the week, making it easy to stay on top of it. Shopping is normally done at 9pm one week night, when the supermarket is nearly empty (and never without a list). I'm not perfect, but having a routine helps with any curveballs that might occur during the week.
Messychaotic - my routine is pretty similar and it works.

Sundays are days to enjoy with the family but I do have a big focus on organising the coming week. I have always made sure clothes are organised (washed, ironed and put away) before Sunday evening. I shop in the evenings because it is quite in the shop and I can be in and out in no time. During the week, I will pop into the local green grocers and pick up things I actually need.

I couldn’t live the way Emmylou Oneword lives as it would be anxiety inducing! The absolute chaos in her home cannot be good for her and the children. I very much parent (and run my home) the way my grandmothers and mother taught me: following the Dutch age-old parenting beliefs of the “3 Rs”: Rust, Reinheid en Regelmaat (which roughly translate to: rest, cleanliness and routine). All that is lacking in the Emmylou household!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.