Emma’s Rectangle #2 No upload tonight, nothings wrong, been stewing apples all day long

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She was such a witch about her neighbour cutting their hedge while she was filming... wtf, they can do what they want?? The world doesn’t revolve around YouTubers 🙃 wonder if they watch her videos
and the fact like it's all so dramatic and acting like it's SUCH a problem. Nobody cares. If she has any genuine fans they just want to see content from her, they don't care if there's a hedge trimmer in the background that they can BARELY hear. Any excuse not to do anything. lazy lazy cow

Reactions: 5
and the fact like it's all so dramatic and acting like it's SUCH a problem. Nobody cares. If she has any genuine fans they just want to see content from her, they don't care if there's a hedge trimmer in the background that they can BARELY hear. Any excuse not to do anything. lazy lazy cow
Yep! And then the whole emotional chat about that insta message, I get it’s been a hard time for everyone the past year but I don’t believe she can hand on heart say that doing one half arsed vlog each week with the same recycled content (workout, stewing apples, makeup) is her working hard enough... I work in marketing and wish I could use the ‘uninspired’ excuse for not bothering to come up with new campaign ideas but guess what, I’ve had to pull inspiration from somewhere just like everyone else that’s had to work 40+ hours each and every week 🙃

Reactions: 8
Or.... just film some reels. They don't require sound and she said she was behind with them, but also really enjoys them.

ETA or even edit a travel vlog!?

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Monday- talks about the gym, goes to the gym, talks about the gym some more, has a walk, does some editing, then a relaxing evening

Tuesday- talks about the gym, goes to the gym, hasn't thought about what to film, doesn't film, talks about the gym some more, manages to do 3 mini reels (what a trooper!)

Wednesday- (that hoodie must need a wash by now?)Talks about the gym, goes to get her nails done.

Thursday- goes to..... the gym! Doesn't wash, just gets home and rushes some makeup, doesn't feel like making a video.... cut to the end of the day making her evening meal and she's had a spin class.

Friday- off to the gym again, then it's the car MOT, or not. Unpacks PR then goes to the park.

I lost interest by Saturday but maybe she had a busy work day then. Does she really think that she's giving the impression that she works hard all week? Yes, we only see what you show us but you show us every day and half of them are filled with the gym, beauty appointments and not feeling like doing anything.

What we've all learned from this weeks vlog is that Emma talks about getting really sweaty but then seems cool with sitting around and not having a shower after a workout.
I love these weekly round-ups 🤣 surely she must see how ridiculous her working week is?!

• Haha
I love these weekly round-ups 🤣 surely she must see how ridiculous her working week is?!
Honestly, every week I just watch and think 'wow, I'm in the wrong job'. Maybe she thinks this is how we all work? Half a day at a nail salon here, a few hours at the gym there....

Reactions: 8
I’m really not sure how Tim puts up with it if he’s working his job and she’s complaining hers is hard

Reactions: 1
Personally I don’t see the inconsistent message as ‘hate’. At the end of the day, if I called in sick or turned up late to work every week then my manager calling me out on it isn’t ‘hate’. It’s a part of every single job out there. Granted, it’s different in the sense of it being sent by just a member of the public but still, it’s really not the most offensive thing is it?

Reactions: 16
Personally I don’t see the inconsistent message as ‘hate’. At the end of the day, if I called in sick or turned up late to work every week then my manager calling me out on it isn’t ‘hate’. It’s a part of every single job out there. Granted, it’s different in the sense of it being sent by just a member of the public but still, it’s really not the most offensive thing is it?
Agreed. We’ll probably never know the tone of the message. But there’s always going to be a weird, blurred line between “influencers” and their followers.
The reason they get a high number of subs is because people find them relatable... as if they could be friends. And it’s normal to want to pull your friends up when you see them slipping.
NOT saying that followers = friends or even know the influencer in real life, but the influencers themselves invite this dynamic by asking to be followed, asking for comments, asking for opinions and ideas...
You can’t want the positive without the negatives Em... 🤷🏾‍ Idk. Just my 3 cents.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I couldn't get through the whole vlog. I know it's upsetting when someone tells you something you don't want to hear about yourself but surely she can see how it looks to people watching her vlogs?

I know it's snapshots but we see her obsession with the gym and walks and putting a spin class before work, when she's already left it to the last minute. I've struggled with motivation because of mental health over lockdown too but I would have been fired by now if I just didn't do any work and only completed one task a week.

I'm guessing her vlogs get the most views and that's why she doesn't miss an upload, but it's definitely not a full time job at this point. She is very very lucky to be financially stable enough to only have to work for a few hours a week. And if that the case, brilliant but embrace it and say, this is all I want to do.

If the perfectionism thing was really the reason she would be spending all hours getting it right and sticking to her schedule. But she isn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
She literally spends her “working day” - a normal person’s 9-5, going to the gym and getting her hair done? Then cries about her perfectionism?

make it make sense?

Reactions: 16
I really do think Emma would benefit from stepping back from social media for a while. I think getting another job would help her so much and not having to rely on social media for her sole income would be so beneficial.

Well, I too am a perfectionist, but I am also a grown up who learnt that there is no such thing as perfect, that my perfect won't be perfect for everybody. Therefore, it's just waste of time and energy to seek perfection. Also, when you have a deadline, you can't give up at the end, you need to show and deliver. That is not valid excuse at all.
Always seek to be better, but you have to learn to draw the line. Moment of epiphany came with work experience, mentors, colleagues and also that you have to pay the bills and eat something.

Wow I sound like I have million years. Lol

She said in her story that she was worried that she doesn't have enough material for vlog, but ended up uploading an hour long one - half of it gym, other half justifying herself... and I actually expected something.

She was such a witch about her neighbour cutting their hedge while she was filming... wtf, they can do what they want?? The world doesn’t revolve around YouTubers 🙃 wonder if they watch her videos
Imagine how her poor bf feels having to work from home and listen to her baby voice and reel takes .... he must have a great pair of headphones to block that out

• Haha
She said in her story that she was worried that she doesn't have enough material for vlog, but ended up uploading an hour long one - half of it gym, other half justifying herself... and I actually expected something.
From the moment I saw 1 hr, I skipped. No way am I watching an hour of her moaning/exercise montages. Ridiculous.

Reactions: 2
Well, I too am a perfectionist, but I am also a grown up who learnt that there is no such thing as perfect, that my perfect won't be perfect for everybody. Therefore, it's just waste of time and energy to seek perfection. Also, when you have a deadline, you can't give up at the end, you need to show and deliver. That is not valid excuse at all.
Always seek to be better, but you have to learn to draw the line. Moment of epiphany came with work experience, mentors, colleagues and also that you have to pay the bills and eat something.

Wow I sound like I have million years. Lol

Totally agree. I sympathise with her, I am somewhat a lazy perfectionist too, but when it comes to work, you just have to knuckle down.

Reactions: 3
her ramble about the comment che got about being inconsistent .... I mean she just kept digging a hole!!

Did she even upload that video she stopped filming to go to spin for? In theory if that was her only delay, it should have been up the following day? 🙄

Did she even upload that video she stopped filming to go to spin for? In theory if that was her only delay, it should have been up the following day? 🙄
Nope no sign of it yet. Probs cos she got that comment so had to take time off to deal with it emotionally obvz

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’ve been thinking about this a lot since I watched her video yesterday and I’ve come to the conclusion that blogs are easy. They’re literally her filming her life, she doesn’t have to have any creative ideas, she doesn’t have to make any effort, she literally just films what she’s doing in a day which I guess is the appeal to most people. However, she says she films but then doesn’t upload them because they’re not good enough in her eyes yet in this video she said her film on Tuesday wasn’t good enough because she wasn’t in a good mood (but continued to film for the vlog, granted maybe not as much as she usually would and had said prior it was because of the strimming or hedge cutting I couldn’t hear it) and Thursday she was going to *try* to film and then it cut to her talk about the message. I just find it hard to believe if she had filmed she didn’t mention it at the time.

I understand this lockdown being hard and not having the motivation. I feel the same way and sure it means stepping back a bit but not completely, that’s showing her privilege she’s in a position to do that. I agree she doesn’t deserve hate and she’s human like everyone but as a previous poster showed she doesn’t do much in a week, especially for her to say 3 videos a week isn’t achievable. Plus I don’t see how a video editor will help when she films the day of upload, surely for that to be possible she’ll need to film in advance to give them time to edit them. I don’t see why she doesn’t just set it as a Sunday vlog and a Wednesday regular upload if the 3 videos are too much. I think it’s a miscommunication, she’s seeing uploading the vlog as her consistency and anything else is a bonus but she’s never explained that before. It’s been 3 videos a week so if she’s changing it, fine, whatever but tell people so they don’t expect more or cut your 2 hour gym session plus walks down. Normal working people don’t have that luxury so have to fit that in around working, why should she be able to spend until lunchtime every day having a gym session and pamper calling it work?

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.