Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
But that can go for any company. Why is Chip any different?
Banks have now accepted Open Banking. I can link all my accounts to Barclays if I choose.
It’s a little disappointing that as we hit 2020, people are still panicking about this kind of thing.
Not all banks have, Santander for one haven’t and I’ve been told by them it’s a risk allowing a third party to access the accounts and we are not covered.

I don’t use chip but I have used other apps that allow access to my accounts (budgeting etc). However there is always a risk when you give your information over even if it’s not the app it could be a hacker.

cccccccmmmmmmmmm

on the mortgage over payment post shes replied to a comment saying their mortgage payment is £370 less than they paid in rent yet when they moved to the chapel it was because it was so much cheaper than the last place they rented, she said it was £300 cheaper.....something doesnt add up here :unsure:
Depends how much deposit they put down, it's entirely possible that it's considerably cheaper than their rent was if they put down a hefty deposit.

If I was Emma I would buy a few healthy options frozen meals for nope days so I had something quick and nutritious on hand. I am sure it would do Tony good as well. I would also get a Fitbit so I could see how many steps I was doing and how much I was sleeping. She is too young to just give up.
When I was off work over Christmas I loved going for walks and gym/swimming. I would have thought that sort of self care would be even easier when you have greater control of your schedule.
m&s do really nice frozen healthier meals I think 3 for £10.

CactusCat

I wonder if she’ll fit in the chair.

The old carpet was nicer too, no offence to anyone and I know each to their own but what they’ve gone for just reminds me of landlord carpet they put down in student houses to hide stains etc, not the type of thing I’d expect from a young childless couple who both work from home with a robot hoover and should find it relatively easy to keep their house relatively clean and tidy.
Yes, I'd buy this carpet because of kids!!

Anotherct

VIP Member
I've been using Chip for a couple of years. It analyses your bank account and works out how much you can afford to save. Then, every few days, it takes small amounts from your bank and transfers it to your Chip account. You can increase, decrease or stop at any time.
It is legitimate. Although I realise I now sound like a Chip employee.
Yeah I get it’s legit - but for some reason it didn’t work for me. My bank has the ability to move money across to an account anyway so would rather keep it altogether.

skintsocks

VIP Member
I've read that, but I've known a few people who always said that publicly because they didn't want anyone to know that things weren't happening. It's not nice when people ask when you're going to have children if you are having issues. I may well be totally wrong, and I think you're right that it's probably a weight thing.