Emma Drew #4 New house, same manky bed. Unpack the boxes? Nah, I’ll still nap instead!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If I was Emma I would buy a few healthy options frozen meals for nope days so I had something quick and nutritious on hand. I am sure it would do Tony good as well. I would also get a Fitbit so I could see how many steps I was doing and how much I was sleeping. She is too young to just give up.

Reactions: 4
If I was Emma I would buy a few healthy options frozen meals for nope days so I had something quick and nutritious on hand. I am sure it would do Tony good as well. I would also get a Fitbit so I could see how many steps I was doing and how much I was sleeping. She is too young to just give up.
When I was off work over Christmas I loved going for walks and gym/swimming. I would have thought that sort of self care would be even easier when you have greater control of your schedule.
m&s do really nice frozen healthier meals I think 3 for £10.

I dont understand why if you were claiming to turn over 6 figures your accounts would suggest otherwise. Unless shes not declaring her income?
Nothing she ever says adds up!
That's a balance sheet, not a profit and loss. A balance sheet only shows the assets and liabilities of a business, not how much income it's earned. Since a lot of what Emma does doesn't have a physical presence, the balance sheet for the business is always going to be tiny - it'll be things like any remaining eBay stock, her desk, her computer etc. etc.

Reactions: 3
That's a balance sheet, not a profit and loss. A balance sheet only shows the assets and liabilities of a business, not how much income it's earned. Since a lot of what Emma does doesn't have a physical presence, the balance sheet for the business is always going to be tiny - it'll be things like any remaining eBay stock, her desk, her computer etc. etc.
Makes sense I guess but why has she never submitted actual accounts then? She claimed to need 2 years of accounts for a mortgage ?! And shes not listed on any other business so did she mean sole trader accounts? She definitely said at the time business accounts so shes at it x

Makes sense I guess but why has she never submitted actual accounts then? She claimed to need 2 years of accounts for a mortgage ?! And shes not listed on any other business so did she mean sole trader accounts? She definitely said at the time business accounts so shes at it x
If you're a micro-company you're permitted to submit simplified accounts with no profit & loss - currently that's defined as meeting 2 out of 3 of (1) 10 employees or less, (2) no more than £316,000 on your balance sheet, (3) turnover under £632,000. Small companies up to a turnover of £10.2 million can also choose not to submit their profit and loss as long as they state the fact in the audit report.

Reactions: 1
And now she wants us to believe that she can over pay her mortgage, and that we can too, by just doing a few "side hustles". She really is clueless. What about the millions who woudl love to be able to afford a mortgage, any mortgage, let alone one they can over pay. Who are working all the hours they can just to keep a roof over their heads. And here's Saint Emma of Side Hustles telling us she will be over paying her mortgage to the tune of £10K this year.

Look up the dicitionary definition of hustle, Emma. 1) to push roughly (yep like you do with all this affiliate crap down our throats; 2) obtain illicitly (yep all the reselling stuff on eBay you claimed you had stopped; 3) a fraud or swindle (like you with your £100K lifestyle you claim to be living).

Side hustles are all a sham. Ive said it before, she is morally reprehensible and is getting more and more unrelatable

Nothing about her or Tony is aspirational or inspiring

• Heart
Reactions: 11
on the mortgage over payment post shes replied to a comment saying their mortgage payment is £370 less than they paid in rent yet when they moved to the chapel it was because it was so much cheaper than the last place they rented, she said it was £300 cheaper.....something doesnt add up here :unsure:

Reactions: 5
And now she wants us to believe that she can over pay her mortgage, and that we can too, by just doing a few "side hustles". She really is clueless. What about the millions who woudl love to be able to afford a mortgage, any mortgage, let alone one they can over pay. Who are working all the hours they can just to keep a roof over their heads. And here's Saint Emma of Side Hustles telling us she will be over paying her mortgage to the tune of £10K this year.

Look up the dicitionary definition of hustle, Emma. 1) to push roughly (yep like you do with all this affiliate crap down our throats; 2) obtain illicitly (yep all the reselling stuff on eBay you claimed you had stopped; 3) a fraud or swindle (like you with your £100K lifestyle you claim to be living).

Side hustles are all a sham. Ive said it before, she is morally reprehensible and is getting more and more unrelatable

Nothing about her or Tony is aspirational or inspiring
Totally agree that theres no chance in hell theyre going to pay their mortgage through side hustles.

However, side hustles can most definitely be legit. I have one and its bought in the equivelant of a small full time income whilst i work a full time job, too.

Emma just seems to think earning 25p by doing a survey thay takes half an hour is a legit side hustle :rolleyes:

Reactions: 8
on the mortgage over payment post shes replied to a comment saying their mortgage payment is £370 less than they paid in rent yet when they moved to the chapel it was because it was so much cheaper than the last place they rented, she said it was £300 cheaper.....something doesnt add up here :unsure:
Remember, numbers clearly aren’t her specialty if she thinks she makes a 6 figure salary! 🤣

Jeeze! If your mortgage payment is that low of course you can make over payments, but then judging how little work they do maybe it’s not that easy.

Totally agree that theres no chance in hell theyre going to pay their mortgage through side hustles.

However, side hustles can most definitely be legit. I have one and its bought in the equivelant of a small full time income whilst i work a full time job, too.

Emma just seems to think earning 25p by doing a survey thay takes half an hour is a legit side hustle :rolleyes:
I also have a legit side hustle. But it’s not reliant on others clicking links or scamming them etc. I make about £100-200 a week along side my full time job.

Reactions: 3
Depends how much deposit they put down, it's entirely possible that it's considerably cheaper than their rent was if they put down a hefty deposit.

Depends how much deposit they put down, it's entirely possible that it's considerably cheaper than their rent was if they put down a hefty deposit.
yes I get that but I mean it literally doesn't add up, the chapel rent was 300 cheaper than the house they rented and that was 700 when it went back up for rent, making the chapel 400 so how is the mortgage 370 cheaper as it would be just £30 a month??

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Please can someone tell me some of these legit side hustles? I'm the idiot doing the surveys for hours 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 6
She harps on about over payments but there’s so much to consider and not one size fits all so shouldn’t encourage it as if she knows what she’s on about. We don’t bother with over payments due to the fees and “paying it off 3 months earlier” in the grand scheme of things is tit we rather save the extra in a high interest account so overtime saves us more then we may choose to pay off early. Did she blog about buying a house? How she did it? How she got a mortgage self employed? or anything slightly helpful to her readers or is it all about crap affiliate links and dodgy websites with her?
I used to really like her back in the day.

]

I freelance for my old job doing accounts in the evenings after my full time job. It brings in anywhere between 800-1500 a month extra (before tax etc). I know I’m extremely lucky (yet exhausted) to have this.
Good for you! That’s brilliant!!

Reactions: 2
She seems to be having a good day yesterday and today which is nice to watch for a change. Let's hope she is making some positive changes for 2020

Reactions: 5

is her whole income not just a combination of ‘side hustles’. Fail to see what her actual business is 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
I still think she had a huge deposit from the sale of her house in (just outside) Chester. For all we know they used that, their own savings, her Dad could have given her an early ‘inheritance’ and her mortgage is genuinely tiny, which would explain how she was successful in actually getting one on what is realistically going to be a relatively small take home income.

My guess is that when the family fled South Africa with only their suitcases her father had a house or business to sell. After a few months he was able to transfer his money to England. By the time Emma started university he was in a position to give her a deposit for a house and act as guarantor for her first mortgage.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.