Emma Drew #4 New house, same manky bed. Unpack the boxes? Nah, I’ll still nap instead!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Talking about the clothes people wear or how her teeth are spaced is not 'gossip'. Gossip is more talking about things not confirmed yet or things she is doing.

I came here to see if anyone else had had trouble with any of the links she had suggested. I did not say I liked Emma, I think she's underhand with the things she suggests to people looking upto her with the money side of things, I think to belittle someone by the way they dress or their appearance (teeth not weight) is very childish.

If what I'm doing, sharing my opinion, is against tattle rules then block me, not going to ruin my life 😂
Good luck on your quest to get to the bottom of the trouble you’re having with Emma’s links! I’m not sure why you thought to come straight to a gossip site to find the answer rather than sending ol’tictacteeth a DM, but I’m sorry we couldn’t help you.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Suddenly I have been blocked. So just to say its fine. I work very hard in the wls community. When Emma reached out maybe 3 years ago about wls answered her queries. She hated it and well lets not go there she basically said it was the devils own work. Now she has had wls and wanted to control who knew and when. Well in one way I understand that but truly in another I don't. Ffs Emma make your mind up castigating it one minute seeking to be the reluctant poster child the next. I have been told here that I should let it go. I agree this thread is about her overall persona. BUT please do not ever give any credence to her wls posts. Over and out

Reactions: 4
Suddenly I have been blocked. So just to say its fine. I work very hard in the wls community. When Emma reached out maybe 3 years ago about wls answered her queries. She hated it and well lets not go there she basically said it was the devils own work. Now she has had wls and wanted to control who knew and when. Well in one way I understand that but truly in another I don't. Ffs Emma make your mind up castigating it one minute seeking to be the reluctant poster child the next. I have been told here that I should let it go. I agree this thread is about her overall persona. BUT please do not ever give any credence to her wls posts. Over and out
blocked you on insta? how does she know its you?

Reactions: 2
blocked you on insta? how does she know its you?
I posted my insta name when I posted what I had added as a comment on here she says she doesn't read here but her friends do I assume that is how. It doesn't matter I have been told here to not care about her its her decision and her journey. That is what I am going to do. I do care very much re wls, I want a true picture to be out there but this is not the right place and she is not worth worrying about. If she does well good for her. I'm sticking to reading here and laughing over at Mrs Hinch and co

Reactions: 3
I posted my insta name when I posted what I had added as a comment on here she says she doesn't read here but her friends do I assume that is how. It doesn't matter I have been told here to not care about her its her decision and her journey. That is what I am going to do. I do care very much re wls, I want a true picture to be out there but this is not the right place and she is not worth worrying about. If she does well good for her. I'm sticking to reading here and laughing over at Mrs Hinch and co
ahhh of course, that makes sense. I was thinking she was just picking random people and blocking in the hope of getting rid of all tattlers ;)
You feel strongly about it with good reason, you have a lot of experience and are clearly passionate about it, don't let people tell you not to care or have an opinion. We all feel differently about things, theres a thread on here called trim with tan and to some it looks like im totally obsessed with how dirty she is and how she has the greasiest hair ever lol its just my thing, I like hygiene ;) WLS is your thing and you've opened our eyes a lot on it and provided good info for us.

Reactions: 6
I have learnt about weight loss surgery from you Martha Jay. Luckily I don't need it but I think you are giving balanced advice. Some people seem to think of it as an easy option which I know it is not.

Reactions: 4
ahhh of course, that makes sense. I was thinking she was just picking random people and blocking in the hope of getting rid of all tattlers ;)
You feel strongly about it with good reason, you have a lot of experience and are clearly passionate about it, don't let people tell you not to care or have an opinion. We all feel differently about things, theres a thread on here called trim with tan and to some it looks like im totally obsessed with how dirty she is and how she has the greasiest hair ever lol its just my thing, I like hygiene ;) WLS is your thing and you've opened our eyes a lot on it and provided good info for us.

BRB just looking at this thread 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Yes it may be. What has it been 7-10 days? Well done her but that is a very low point of reference. Yes dealing with many diabetic symptoms/factors is a major element of wls. However that is a success is if the outcome is long term. Not just 7-10 days post surgery. OK with such medications they are reactive so if your readings are XYZ you may need to reduce or come off of them. BUT long term maybe not so clear cut.

WLS is a long term solution so I am posting this not just to be negative but a real life experience. Today I am 10 years and 228 days post surgery. This morning at my check up I weighed in at 11st 4 lbs - heaviest recorded weight 35 stones 13lbs. So how did I feel today? Well at my check up I felt marvellous, by noon I felt like someone had cut me in half and twisted my innards to death. I decided to eat half a roast beef salad sandwich on my way to my office in London. I've eaten the same sandwich a zillion times since 9 months post op. Over lunch I read Emma's post about her coming off of diabetes meds and I thought just shut up its 5 days. I actually came off so many meds as I lost weight, BP, heart etc but many were short term. Now I take 4 of 7 of them again WLS doesn't solve all medical problems. I gave some thought to contacting her but soon gave up that idea I have tried in the past just to be vilified at even suggesting she might research wls.

Today oh my gawd I would have considered killing myself if I had the chance. What did I do? Nothing it was just one of those days when my altered stomach could not cope. Usual 1/2 a beef sandwich is fine but today 30 minutes later I was in agony. I knew enough to just go to a loo and sit there relaxing back as much as I could. No point in making a fuss it will either resolve over time or not when I would call or get someone to call me a taxi to hospital or I would be very very sick and then much better. The latter happened, I just heaved my heart up which for half a roast beef sandwich seemed excessive.

This is just a long winded way in saying if you are following Princess Emma then please remember she is in the honeymoon phase she will post stuff that needs careful analysis. She may well loose high amounts of weight in these first few weeks (I didn't I lost 12 pounds in 12 weeks post op I had the famous weight loss stall at 3 weeks) she may see changes in the short term to her medication - this may well change over time. There are so many post op things that may occur. She might experience them, she may record this or not but they are there. If you are following this please do not take Disney Princess Emma's take on wls as the only way. WLS is a major life choice it is not really something to be done in secret you need support and information throughout. To get this you can approach your GP - that may not be the best place they have marginal knowledge but google wls in your area and look for a support group.

Nope just nope. You appear to have a problem. No you are correct 5 days is not enough to base evidence on see my post. BUT no way could anyone stop eating as you state "like a whale" impact on their diabetes alone in 5 days. It is not a single factor if it was then it would be an easy fix for diabetes. Are you a doctor or basing this on true scientific fact? I know you can't provide this but by all means prove me wrong and front up and tell us how and provide evidence that I can take to my colleagues and refute chapter and verse and provide you with counter evidence of a raft or proven scientific evidence.

I really have no time for Emma and despise the way she has done this wls journey after disparaging it for years if suggested to her. BUT there is proven fact and silly statements and yours is the latter.

I hear you and agree but would just caution folks reading that her diabetes being "under control" is only after 5 days of readings this is not an indication of a long term solution which Emma implies. It can/may be but equally (and in some cases) it is not. It is on a case by case basis as an individuals wls journey progresses. WLS is a relatively new procedure i.e. less than 30 years history so findings are developing all the time. New research shows improvements to diabetics may be short term ( but nonetheless very beneficial in the long term) - I would suggest to google it but not sure whether recent academic data may yet be on line.

Ok - so she has managed to come off some diabetes tablets 5 days after surgery. They have changed her digestion and she has had to change her food. Can you please explain to me the medical reason behind why she has been able to come off the tablets after the surgery?

For me it seems obvious that the change in food has been enough. She can't eat as much as she usually can. That's a fact.

I realise that you will take this offensively as you had the surgery yourself but I don't see it as a reason to celebrate when she has been continuously posting about her awful eating habits and appeared to change absolutely nothing since her diabetes diagnosis

Reactions: 3
Ok - so she has managed to come off some diabetes tablets 5 days after surgery. They have changed her digestion and she has had to change her food. Can you please explain to me the medical reason behind why she has been able to come off the tablets after the surgery?

For me it seems obvious that the change in food has been enough. She can't eat as much as she usually can. That's a fact.

I realise that you will take this offensively as you had the surgery yourself but I don't see it as a reason to celebrate when she has been continuously posting about her awful eating habits and appeared to change absolutely nothing since her diabetes diagnosis
I’ve not had WLS but I know ALOT about diabetes after having a partner with type 1.

Basically, her blood sugars will have naturally dropped because she is eating less sugar and carbs so will need less tablets, but she could have done that herself just eating healthy food. She is only off them because of the lack of tit food - the second she eats the takeaways (at her current size) she will be back on them. It’s great progress 100%, but she isn’t off them for good just yet, unless she carries on of course

Reactions: 7
I’ve not had WLS but I know ALOT about diabetes after having a partner with type 1.

Basically, her blood sugars will have naturally dropped because she is eating less sugar and carbs so will need less tablets, but she could have done that herself just eating healthy food. She is only off them because of the lack of tit food - the second she eats the takeaways (at her current size) she will be back on them. It’s great progress 100%, but she isn’t off them for good just yet, unless she carries on of course
That's exactly what I was saying so thank you for agreeing with me! That's why I don't see why people are saying it's amazing she's come off some tablets. A week of sensible eating would have done the same so I don't see why that should be celebrated. She took the easy way out instead of putting the hard work in...seemingly skipping over the part that she will have to continue eating sensibly from now on

Reactions: 11

[/QUO

Last edited:
I have been blocked on IG too; not that I’ve followed her since we haven’t spoken in a few years. I was blocked over this past week.

Reactions: 2
I have been blocked on IG too; not that I’ve followed her since we haven’t spoken in a few years. I was blocked over this past week.
Your not missing much tbh ,she bought some food scented pens yesterday (no doubt to lay in bed sniffing them ) and today she's gonna freeze some hot cross buns to eat in December... So ,same old ,same old the obsession with food continues. :(

• Haha
Reactions: 10
What a surprise. She is going to keep hot cross buns and eat them later in the year. Ridiculous. The habits clearly haven't changed and will not change so this will end up all being for nothing!

Reactions: 9
What a surprise. She is going to keep hot cross buns and eat them later in the year. Ridiculous. The habits clearly haven't changed and will not change so this will end up all being for nothing!
If anything her obsession is more intense ! she definitely wasn't ready for that kind of drastic surgery.

I just don't understand why on earth is she collecting those Too Good To Go boxes?!?!? 🤯 why wouldn't she leave them to people who are on the breadlkne and could do with them? Why go out of your way when recovering from WLS to collect them?? If she is restricted to certain things budget for them and batch cook for Tony.
I love my food but to freeze hot cross buns to have them in 11 months is so beyond me 🙄
Also, the floor guy has vanished! Has he received princess Emma treatment and had enough?

Reactions: 12
I just don't understand why on earth is she collecting those Too Good To Go boxes?!?!? 🤯 why wouldn't she leave them to people who are on the breadlkne and could do with them? Why go out of your way when recovering from WLS to collect them?? If she is restricted to certain things budget for them and batch cook for Tony.
I love my food but to freeze hot cross buns to have them in 11 months is so beyond me 🙄
Also, the floor guy has vanished! Has he received princess Emma treatment and had enough?
He might be tied to a chair and getting force fed all the stuff she can’t eat 😬😩

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She’s reaching a new low with these Too Good To Go boxes. She can’t even eat the damn food. What is wrong with her?!
Three G’s- Greedy, glutinous and grabby.
Give that box to a family who need it.
Ffs Emma.

Reactions: 15
She definitely reads here but pretends not to.

Who wants to bet she feeds Tony everything she can no longer have?

Pretty sure they sell hot cross buns all year round now, so why not just buy some when you’re ready? Better yet, work on your absolute obsession and fixation with food. Surely her doctor and dietician must despair. It’s clearly a deep rooted emotional issue for her and the main reason I’m not optimistic about this surgical ‘fix’. I think she will struggle more than ever in the months to come, but I hope she proves us all wrong.

Seems like she just jumped into wls without proper thought. Most people think about it or prepare for years, I hope it works out for her but I think she's going to find it a massive challenge.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.