Emma Drew #4 New house, same manky bed. Unpack the boxes? Nah, I’ll still nap instead!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
anyway I’ve seen she’s come off some of her diabetes tablets that’s amazing
Why is this amazing? This is proof that a week of not eating like a whale she has managed to sort out her diabetes partly. Sorry if it sounds really harsh but why celebrate something which is easily achievable? It's literally been a week...that wouldn't have required much effort

• Angry
Reactions: 18
anyway I’ve seen she’s come off some of her diabetes tablets that’s amazing
Yes it may be. What has it been 7-10 days? Well done her but that is a very low point of reference. Yes dealing with many diabetic symptoms/factors is a major element of wls. However that is a success is if the outcome is long term. Not just 7-10 days post surgery. OK with such medications they are reactive so if your readings are XYZ you may need to reduce or come off of them. BUT long term maybe not so clear cut.

WLS is a long term solution so I am posting this not just to be negative but a real life experience. Today I am 10 years and 228 days post surgery. This morning at my check up I weighed in at 11st 4 lbs - heaviest recorded weight 35 stones 13lbs. So how did I feel today? Well at my check up I felt marvellous, by noon I felt like someone had cut me in half and twisted my innards to death. I decided to eat half a roast beef salad sandwich on my way to my office in London. I've eaten the same sandwich a zillion times since 9 months post op. Over lunch I read Emma's post about her coming off of diabetes meds and I thought just shut up its 5 days. I actually came off so many meds as I lost weight, BP, heart etc but many were short term. Now I take 4 of 7 of them again WLS doesn't solve all medical problems. I gave some thought to contacting her but soon gave up that idea I have tried in the past just to be vilified at even suggesting she might research wls.

Today oh my gawd I would have considered killing myself if I had the chance. What did I do? Nothing it was just one of those days when my altered stomach could not cope. Usual 1/2 a beef sandwich is fine but today 30 minutes later I was in agony. I knew enough to just go to a loo and sit there relaxing back as much as I could. No point in making a fuss it will either resolve over time or not when I would call or get someone to call me a taxi to hospital or I would be very very sick and then much better. The latter happened, I just heaved my heart up which for half a roast beef sandwich seemed excessive.

This is just a long winded way in saying if you are following Princess Emma then please remember she is in the honeymoon phase she will post stuff that needs careful analysis. She may well loose high amounts of weight in these first few weeks (I didn't I lost 12 pounds in 12 weeks post op I had the famous weight loss stall at 3 weeks) she may see changes in the short term to her medication - this may well change over time. There are so many post op things that may occur. She might experience them, she may record this or not but they are there. If you are following this please do not take Disney Princess Emma's take on wls as the only way. WLS is a major life choice it is not really something to be done in secret you need support and information throughout. To get this you can approach your GP - that may not be the best place they have marginal knowledge but google wls in your area and look for a support group.

Why is this amazing? This is proof that a week of not eating like a whale she has managed to sort out her diabetes partly. Sorry if it sounds really harsh but why celebrate something which is easily achievable? It's literally been a week...that wouldn't have required much effort
Nope just nope. You appear to have a problem. No you are correct 5 days is not enough to base evidence on see my post. BUT no way could anyone stop eating as you state "like a whale" impact on their diabetes alone in 5 days. It is not a single factor if it was then it would be an easy fix for diabetes. Are you a doctor or basing this on true scientific fact? I know you can't provide this but by all means prove me wrong and front up and tell us how and provide evidence that I can take to my colleagues and refute chapter and verse and provide you with counter evidence of a raft or proven scientific evidence.

I really have no time for Emma and despise the way she has done this wls journey after disparaging it for years if suggested to her. BUT there is proven fact and silly statements and yours is the latter.

Because sometimes you’ve gotta give someone praise.
I don’t hate Emma to be honest I don’t really dislike her either. She annoyed me with the Lloyds ad and slagging off other people over eBay but honestly her health is a worry.
So back to it, it is clearly known that Emma has weight related health issues and we’ve all seen that she has struggled to stop herself eating shite food. For her diabetes to be finally coming under control is amazing because I honestly didn’t think she could do it. I will applaud her for that regardless of how she’s done it because this is a women I honestly thought we would all see die from heart failure or diabetic related health issues.
Call her out on her 20 cog bullshit or being to scruffy to clean her cats trays by all means but if wls is what she needed to do to change then I’m all for it.
I hear you and agree but would just caution folks reading that her diabetes being "under control" is only after 5 days of readings this is not an indication of a long term solution which Emma implies. It can/may be but equally (and in some cases) it is not. It is on a case by case basis as an individuals wls journey progresses. WLS is a relatively new procedure i.e. less than 30 years history so findings are developing all the time. New research shows improvements to diabetics may be short term ( but nonetheless very beneficial in the long term) - I would suggest to google it but not sure whether recent academic data may yet be on line.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
As Emma is on a liquid diet, her blood sugars will be much lower than they used to be - which is probably why she’s come off her meds.

I’m glad she’s finally addressing her health issues, but she’s making out like she’s reversed her diabetes in the space of a few days which is simply not the case.

Reactions: 13
As Emma is on a liquid diet, her blood sugars will be much lower than they used to be - which is probably why she’s come off her meds.

I’m glad she’s finally addressing her health issues, but she’s making out like she’s reversed her diabetes in the space of a few days which is simply not the case.
Exactly this. As she is type 2, that is mostly controlled by diet and weight. If she had eaten salad for a week, she would have also dropped her sugars and wouldn’t need the meds. Her bloods were always high due to the carbs and sugar. If she now goes and eats a pizza a day, she would have to take those tablets again. She CAN reverse it, but it’s whether she’s willing to put in the work

Reactions: 6
Yes it may be. What has it been 7-10 days? Well done her but that is a very low point of reference. Yes dealing with many diabetic symptoms/factors is a major element of wls. However that is a success is if the outcome is long term. Not just 7-10 days post surgery. OK with such medications they are reactive so if your readings are XYZ you may need to reduce or come off of them. BUT long term maybe not so clear cut.

WLS is a long term solution so I am posting this not just to be negative but a real life experience. Today I am 10 years and 228 days post surgery. This morning at my check up I weighed in at 11st 4 lbs - heaviest recorded weight 35 stones 13lbs. So how did I feel today? Well at my check up I felt marvellous, by noon I felt like someone had cut me in half and twisted my innards to death. I decided to eat half a roast beef salad sandwich on my way to my office in London. I've eaten the same sandwich a zillion times since 9 months post op. Over lunch I read Emma's post about her coming off of diabetes meds and I thought just shut up its 5 days. I actually came off so many meds as I lost weight, BP, heart etc but many were short term. Now I take 4 of 7 of them again WLS doesn't solve all medical problems. I gave some thought to contacting her but soon gave up that idea I have tried in the past just to be vilified at even suggesting she might research wls.

Today oh my gawd I would have considered killing myself if I had the chance. What did I do? Nothing it was just one of those days when my altered stomach could not cope. Usual 1/2 a beef sandwich is fine but today 30 minutes later I was in agony. I knew enough to just go to a loo and sit there relaxing back as much as I could. No point in making a fuss it will either resolve over time or not when I would call or get someone to call me a taxi to hospital or I would be very very sick and then much better. The latter happened, I just heaved my heart up which for half a roast beef sandwich seemed excessive.

This is just a long winded way in saying if you are following Princess Emma then please remember she is in the honeymoon phase she will post stuff that needs careful analysis. She may well loose high amounts of weight in these first few weeks (I didn't I lost 12 pounds in 12 weeks post op I had the famous weight loss stall at 3 weeks) she may see changes in the short term to her medication - this may well change over time. There are so many post op things that may occur. She might experience them, she may record this or not but they are there. If you are following this please do not take Disney Princess Emma's take on wls as the only way. WLS is a major life choice it is not really something to be done in secret you need support and information throughout. To get this you can approach your GP - that may not be the best place they have marginal knowledge but google wls in your area and look for a support group.

Nope just nope. You appear to have a problem. No you are correct 5 days is not enough to base evidence on see my post. BUT no way could anyone stop eating as you state "like a whale" impact on their diabetes alone in 5 days. It is not a single factor if it was then it would be an easy fix for diabetes. Are you a doctor or basing this on true scientific fact? I know you can't provide this but by all means prove me wrong and front up and tell us how and provide evidence that I can take to my colleagues and refute chapter and verse and provide you with counter evidence of a raft or proven scientific evidence.

I really have no time for Emma and despise the way she has done this wls journey after disparaging it for years if suggested to her. BUT there is proven fact and silly statements and yours is the latter.

I hear you and agree but would just caution folks reading that her diabetes being "under control" is only after 5 days of readings this is not an indication of a long term solution which Emma implies. It can/may be but equally (and in some cases) it is not. It is on a case by case basis as an individuals wls journey progresses. WLS is a relatively new procedure i.e. less than 30 years history so findings are developing all the time. New research shows improvements to diabetics may be short term ( but nonetheless very beneficial in the long term) - I would suggest to google it but not sure whether recent academic data may yet be on line.
It’s not that serious :confused:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Always ready to say sorry but what isn't that serious?
To be taking things back to your colleagues and peers in the WLS community, backing up facts etc, you have lots of relevant experience and perhaps Emma would have benefitted from reaching out to people with experience like yours but she didn’t... just don’t stress yourself out over her situation or people on here making comments out what Emma says about her situation. It’s not that serious!

Reactions: 9
To be taking things back to your colleagues and peers in the WLS community, backing up facts etc, you have lots of relevant experience and perhaps Emma would have benefitted from reaching out to people with experience like yours but she didn’t... just don’t stress yourself out over her situation or people on here making comments out what Emma says about her situation. It’s not that serious!
No I agree not for her but others read this and it may be for them but I take your point. I keep trying to dip out but I care. However will try harder to leave it be.

Reactions: 1
“My mum helped me buy” translation- my mum bought outright, because there’s no way a full time uni student could get a mortgage on, my first house. I wish she’d acknowledge that her financial situation isn’t because of 20 cogs but because she owned an asset of significant value thanks to her parents.

Reactions: 12
I feel she can't do right for doing wrong. I haven't agreed with the way she pushed money making schemes, got caught out by 1 myself (20 cogs 😕).

People were complaining about her being demotivated, lazy etc. Now she appears more upbeat, looking after herself, trying to fucus on the house but yet still gets criticised for those things.

I'm sure she has properly researched WLS, had advice from people, I have a friend who had this and it is by far the easy option, she had counselling prior, talked to people, yet it was still a shock when it was happening to her. She did everything they said but still ended up with severe vitamin deficiencies and hair loss.

Emma may not have shown the lead up, she may have mis led us with the meals she ate but I would too, if I knew there was a site with a thread about me, I'd either send out bogus info, to annoy people or just keep some of my things, things I'd be worried about people criticising me for, under the radar. She probably was worried about what others would say and with having to have a positive mind set didn't want to risk negativity.

If I knew there was a thread about me, I'd look, I'd try to keep it to a minimum but I'm a type of person who is like that, people are, not everyone is strong enough to have it be water off a ducks back.

I joined here to read and also see what vloggers/influences etc were doing underhand, their dodgy deals or advertising, I can be a bit naieve to things like that but commenting on people's appearance and dragging them down at every step is very unkind.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
So, she hasn’t saved up with her 6 figure income to get wls but used money from a house that her mum bought to buy it.

how the hell is she meant to teach others about money when she proves she didn’t save (unless of course it was gifted and that’s another kettle of fish)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I feel she can't do right for doing wrong. I haven't agreed with the way she pushed money making schemes, got caught out by 1 myself (20 cogs 😕).

People were complaining about her being demotivated, lazy etc. Now she appears more upbeat, looking after herself, trying to fucus on the house but yet still gets criticised for those things.

I'm sure she has properly researched WLS, had advice from people, I have a friend who had this and it is by far the easy option, she had counselling prior, talked to people, yet it was still a shock when it was happening to her. She did everything they said but still ended up with severe vitamin deficiencies and hair loss.

Emma may not have shown the lead up, she may have mis led us with the meals she ate but I would too, if I knew there was a site with a thread about me, I'd either send out bogus info, to annoy people or just keep some of my things, things I'd be worried about people criticising me for, under the radar. She probably was worried about what others would say and with having to have a positive mind set didn't want to risk negativity.

If I knew there was a thread about me, I'd look, I'd try to keep it to a minimum but I'm a type of person who is like that, people are, not everyone is strong enough to have it be water off a ducks back.

I joined here to read and also see what vloggers/influences etc were doing underhand, their dodgy deals or advertising, I can be a bit naieve to things like that but commenting on people's appearance and dragging them down at every step is very unkind.
This is a gossip forum. None of it is kind. If you like her what brought you to her thread or stopped you starting one up in the rave section?

Reactions: 11

if you think this thread is unkind then don't read some of the others! this one is tame in comparison because after all its a gossip site, peoples looks will and do get talked about, if it offends you then scroll on by, trying to moderate a thread and telling people what they can/can't talk about is against the rules, if you think something oversteps a mark hit report and let the actual mods make that decision.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I think it is fair to challenge a food blogger (Mrs. Pinch) on her advice if she ends up needing weight loss surgery. I do think Emma as an influencer ought to be more aware of the consequences of what she writes whether it is recommending people who are struggling with money to sign up to gambling sites or telling people to buy lots of sugary snacks from poundland. She did take money from Lloyds to help people who were diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I think we all want Emma to be happier and healthier.

Reactions: 8
Tbh - most people on here don’t actually discuss her weight. We discuss her habits that got her there. You can be slim and have a terrible diet, but when you have diabetes and OPENLY say you’ve eaten takeaways for 3 weeks then it’s going to get talked about no matter who you are. If I said that in work, it would get talked about so if you post on a public social media account it will also get talked about. She’s meant to be a money blogger but spends HUNDREDS on food. Her weight is just a factor of her bad diet, we talk about the habits not actually that’s she’s fat.

I’ve followed her for years because I used to like her content, not because of her weight. I’m now interested in her WLS because I love seeing people succeed in WL

Reactions: 6
Emma is one of the rudest people I have ever met.
She publicly shames other people at every opportunity despite being shady as hell herself. I'm not going to DM her abuse but if I want to come on here and discuss her tiny teeth I will.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Talking about the clothes people wear or how her teeth are spaced is not 'gossip'. Gossip is more talking about things not confirmed yet or things she is doing.

I came here to see if anyone else had had trouble with any of the links she had suggested. I did not say I liked Emma, I think she's underhand with the things she suggests to people looking upto her with the money side of things, I think to belittle someone by the way they dress or their appearance (teeth not weight) is very childish.

If what I'm doing, sharing my opinion, is against tattle rules then block me, not going to ruin my life 😂
take your own advice and block us if its bothering you so much and FYI gossip comes in many forms.......critiquing someones teeth is one of them ;)

Emma is one of the rudest people I have ever met.
She publicly shames other people at every opportunity despite being shady as hell herself. I'm not going to DM her abuse but if I want to come on here and discuss her tiny teeth I will.
exactly! I remember once she had a go at Fern Mccann and her "big duck lips" in the pound land group, happy to dish it out yet calls people trolls who dare to do the same, usual bullshit double standards ;)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.