Emma Drew #4 New house, same manky bed. Unpack the boxes? Nah, I’ll still nap instead!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have heeded what folk have said to me on tattle that I should just step back this is not somewhere I should use for my support of wls and I have accepted that. There have been a lot of posts I would have queried and replied to with evidence to query their post. All I will say is I reached out to Emma a while ago. She was very rude. She has now has wls that she so castigated any suggestion of. I am sorry to say I doubted she would ever do it given the hard work involved to be successful but as it turns out she concealed it but did do the surgery I tried to speak out to explain how wls could be right and how to be successful. I just want to say I acknowledge that was a mistake on my part. My most important message to tattle is that I am sorry I wasted my time trying to explain wls which was actually in support of someone who I truly doubt will ever do the whole 9 yards. For those of you who query it and feel healthy eating or a diet regime is the answer to be grossly obese (I mean over 28stones) then of course I understand where you are coming from.

BUT just DM me and ask those questions and ask me for answers. Believe me I am happy to answer. If you honestly think I would easily carry on with a life when i could not even wipe my own behind and could have and did loose stones and stones but yes could not stop it all going back on then please just weigh in with your own evidenced and experienced suggestions. Yes I was disgusted by myself, I am a very intelligent woman (2 soon to be 3 PhDs) my own business a 6 figure income+ as Emma claims, now retired but still consulting and no I couldn't do it. Come on in and add to my feelings of failure that I felt all my adult life. There are many of you who obviously know and have experience of doing this, come on tell me how. Do you honestly think I spent almost £100,000 to get the surgery, all the skin removal and the psychologcal counselling that continues 11 years on when i could have done it via healthy eating???????? FFS dream on. I can't ask for anyone else but ffs give me , just one of many, a break.

Emma well she will need to tread her own path I won't even try to post on here again. I am a wls person I did it because I didn't see any other way to living a few more years. By the sound of it many feel I just needed to limit food and up my exercise all I can say is ffs get a grip if that was it I would have done it a zillion times.

Reactions: 2
Your situation seems very different to Emma's.

I'm happy to hear evidence to support Emma not being able to lose the weight through diet and exercise?

All I see is a petulant brat that couldn't be bothered to make any changes, even small ones in the months leading up to surgery? I'm assuming it would have been booked for a while.

I'm not an expert but it's hard to see WLS as the answer when she hasn't done anything to address the problem.

Emma can wipe her own arse but she choses to let Tony do it. That is where you differ yeah?

Literally if you want to lose weight you need to limit your calories and exercise. Unless you have an underactive thyroid - sort that first. Apart from that it's emotional and WLS won't address that.. as we are about to see!

Reactions: 6
I think WLS is a commendable option for anyone, it’s not an easy solution.

if I could afford it, I would have it
However - I have had a friend who had it (via NHS) and the psychological intervention beforehand was extensive, 12/18 months before she had the op. I’ve looked at the company Emma used and although it looks reputable it doesn’t particularly emphasise the psychological support that’s needed.
I hope she succeeds I do, but most of us who are fat have an emotional and mental problem with food, surgery is merely a tool, you need to fix the mind first! Again, I hope she does.

Your situation seems very different to Emma's.

I'm happy to hear evidence to support Emma not being able to lose the weight through diet and exercise?

All I see is a petulant brat that couldn't be bothered to make any changes, even small ones in the months leading up to surgery? I'm assuming it would have been booked for a while.

I'm not an expert but it's hard to see WLS as the answer when she hasn't done anything to address the problem.

Emma can wipe her own arse but she choses to let Tony do it. That is where you differ yeah?

Literally if you want to lose weight you need to limit your calories and exercise. Unless you have an underactive thyroid - sort that first. Apart from that it's emotional and WLS won't address that.. as we are about to see!
Emma and I differ essentially in that I see a life where you reap what you sew weight loss is one thing another example is ebay. She sells and so do I. She says one thing i.e declare your money except personal stuff, castigates others for not declaring then sells stuff on her personal account size 6/8 claiming its her own stuff. Sorry I didn't come down with the last shower.

The wipe your own arse is a powerful motif. I don't actually think she was there yet I estimate her height but she may have been 18-22 stones. This happened to me at about 29 stones and believe me nappy wipes prove essential. I was so ashamed I just can't explain but still you go on.

You are essentially correct as to how to loose weight and believe me I agree. BUT when you have done this a zillion times and lost so much weight but it all goes ptong and you gain it all back. Yes you/I have failed big time. Believe me no-one could have castigated me more than me and that is the reason why I refused to accept the help offered by the NHS. My career was as a senior NHS Manager and I was offered both the surgery and the skin removal post op. I have posted every where that I refused any funding. No I am not a saint by any means. Most of my friends said I was a fool. Sorry I just knew that it needed to hit me in the pocket. Believe me it may still not have registered I have made many silly financial decisions but this time it did, why I don't know as I earned more than enough to cover it in one year. It just did.

So for all the naysayers I hear you, I understand what you are saying and the logic that you are applying. BUT how many of you posting are morbidly obese? Lets start a discussion after knowing that fact. I would also ask how many of you posting weigh less than 11st. and under 5 foot 6 inches in height? Lets get some base line

Emma and I differ essentially in that I see a life where you reap what you sew weight loss is one thing another example is ebay. She sells and so do I. She says one thing i.e declare your money except personal stuff, castigates others for not declaring then sells stuff on her personal account size 6/8 claiming its her own stuff. Sorry I didn't come down with the last shower.

The wipe your own arse is a powerful motif. I don't actually think she was there yet I estimate her height but she may have been 18-22 stones. This happened to me at about 29 stones and believe me nappy wipes prove essential. I was so ashamed I just can't explain but still you go on.

You are essentially correct as to how to loose weight and believe me I agree. BUT when you have done this a zillion times and lost so much weight but it all goes ptong and you gain it all back. Yes you/I have failed big time. Believe me no-one could have castigated me more than me and that is the reason why I refused to accept the help offered by the NHS. My career was as a senior NHS Manager and I was offered both the surgery and the skin removal post op. I have posted every where that I refused any funding. No I am not a saint by any means. Most of my friends said I was a fool. Sorry I just knew that it needed to hit me in the pocket. Believe me it may still not have registered I have made many silly financial decisions but this time it did, why I don't know as I earned more than enough to cover it in one year. It just did.

So for all the naysayers I hear you, I understand what you are saying and the logic that you are applying. BUT how many of you posting are morbidly obese? Lets start a discussion after knowing that fact. I would also ask how many of you posting weigh less than 11st. and under 5 foot 6 inches in height? Lets get some base line

I hope you will stick around here but let's not focus completely on Emma's weight loss journey.

You nailed it with where you differ - Morally Emma is in the gutter with her dodgy ebay and scammy links so please don't take our criticism as aimed at people struggling with weight loss or anything else that doesn't define you.

We want Emma to succeed at this but as usual her approach to it stinks!

I don't want to down play the struggles of losing weight, I have my own demons but I want to see some effort from her! That's all.

• Heart
I think WLS is a commendable option for anyone, it’s not an easy solution.

if I could afford it, I would have it
However - I have had a friend who had it (via NHS) and the psychological intervention beforehand was extensive, 12/18 months before she had the op. I’ve looked at the company Emma used and although it looks reputable it doesn’t particularly emphasise the psychological support that’s needed.
I hope she succeeds I do, but most of us who are fat have an emotional and mental problem with food, surgery is merely a tool, you need to fix the mind first! Again, I hope she does.
Exactly this - I need to lose about 5 stone, so in the grand scheme of things. Not really WLS size but my relationship with food is awful. As soon as I’m anxious, sad, happy I eat. It’s literally a viscous cycle that until I get hold of, no one can help me. (I think I’ve FINALLY got a hold of my emotional eating) but it’s taken years

@MarthaJay could you inbox me please? ☺ I’d love some advice and don’t know how to message on here thanks xx

Exactly this - I need to lose about 5 stone, so in the grand scheme of things. Not really WLS size but my relationship with food is awful. As soon as I’m anxious, sad, happy I eat. It’s literally a viscous cycle that until I get hold of, no one can help me. (I think I’ve FINALLY got a hold of my emotional eating) but it’s taken years
I've struggled with emotional eating, I was eating so much until recently, I'd eat breakfast, snack all day at work and have a full meal for lunch, then snack before dinner, have dinner, then sit and eat until I went to bed, and it was all chocolate and sweets and ice cream 😫. I wasn't massive by any means, only about 13 stone probably (I don't own scales though). I recently left my now ex-fiancee and it's just suddenly stopped, I've had a tub of ben and Jerry's in the freezer for over a week and it's still half full (!!!). I hadn't realised how miserable and lonely I was with him and I was just using food as a coping mechanism, now he's gone I don't feel the need in the slightest to sit there and scoff an entire bar of Cadburys to make me feel less crappy. I still need to work on my food choices but never realised the impact my crappy relationship had on it.

Not saying you should all go and leave your partners 😂😂 but just advice to look at the bigger picture. I never even made the connection that I was eating out of loneliness and being unhappy in my relationship 😬.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I've struggled with emotional eating, I was eating so much until recently, I'd eat breakfast, snack all day at work and have a full meal for lunch, then snack before dinner, have dinner, then sit and eat until I went to bed, and it was all chocolate and sweets and ice cream 😫. I wasn't massive by any means, only about 13 stone probably (I don't own scales though). I recently left my now ex-fiancee and it's just suddenly stopped, I've had a tub of ben and Jerry's in the freezer for over a week and it's still half full (!!!). I hadn't realised how miserable and lonely I was with him and I was just using food as a coping mechanism, now he's gone I don't feel the need in the slightest to sit there and scoff an entire bar of Cadburys to make me feel less crappy. I still need to work on my food choices but never realised the impact my crappy relationship had on it.

Not saying you should all go and leave your partners 😂😂 but just advice to look at the bigger picture. I never even made the connection that I was eating out of loneliness and being unhappy in my relationship 😬.
Haha I know what you mean. I left ex’s and the emotional eating stopped but recently we’ve been thrown a lot of tit news (family health etc so it’s been triggered again) but for some reason I joined SW online and feel at peace with food. Maybe it’s because I know I’m on some sort of healthy eating diet thing but I don’t have to contend with the pretentious nobs at a group or a leader that’s 10 stone bigger than me. I like SW, I don’t like the idiots that go to group and follow it though, it’s like a weird social cult for women who don’t work 😂

Reactions: 1
I hope you will stick around here but let's not focus completely on Emma's weight loss journey.

You nailed it with where you differ - Morally Emma is in the gutter with her dodgy ebay and scammy links so please don't take our criticism as aimed at people struggling with weight loss or anything else that doesn't define you.

We want Emma to succeed at this but as usual her approach to it stinks!

I don't want to down play the struggles of losing weight, I have my own demons but I want to see some effort from her! That's all.
Thank you for your reply. Sadly and I really mean that I will now just read here. Hand on heart and you will see my previous posts on here I thought Emma doing wls was a complete no no. Personally she has totally ripped into me, different platform, different handle, about my wls and said it was an easy option and one she would never consider. When I saw rumours on here I immediately discounted it she was so adamant and nasty. I reached out to the wls community no joy. BUT now she has come back with her provider the Cobham Clinic. So no wonder. No comment on them at all. On her not going to bother.

I knew or suspected Emma will/would struggle to make wls work. Truly I hope she cracks it and proves me wrong. I am sorry to get so deep into it here it was not the place. My brother and business partner has read all of this and feels my posting does no good and he is right. I am just a wls warrior when it is right and got carried away and I apologise. All I can say is DM me if you want to ask me questions. If that is not allowed on the forum then please delete this. My final statement is if you have been morbidly obese +++ done all the diets please ignore the naysayers please feel able to explore wls. It may well not be for you, do feel free to get in touch. Believe me if you contact me I suspect that 85% of the time I will say by all means go through the process but my opinion it is not for you at present. Honestly it is not an easy option you can duck it up/ It can be life threatening. Slimming world or WW don't threaten your life as wls can do e.g.malnutrition, malabsorption to name just 2 you will have significantly have altered your body. if you do it right and commit then you can break down the final wall. It is not easy, it has many risks and honestly it is for the few not the many but if you fall into that very select group who really have no other option than an early demise then it may be worth considering. But please don't post here it is the easy option without knowing the facts. Believe me it really isn't. Of the 12 folks who had wls when I did at Chichester 4 are dead - 2 because of heart related problems may be due to weight issues not able to say as have no details, 6 have now regained a lot of weight (details as belong to a group) and 2 of us soldier on, myself still doing OK, my colleague not because of wls struggling.

Emma is on her own wls journey I do honestly wish her every good luck. I hear my brother's concerns so I won't post here anymore about wls

• Angry
Reactions: 1
Can we please move on from the wls opinions. Its been done, her decision and whatever we think from personal experience wont make any difference. Ive stopped reading for a few days just because it was going on too much

I genuinely wish her well. She is a human being, i guess 😂

However, why does she insist on posting numerous cat pics 😂 i am surprised they dont have their own profile

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Can we please move on from the wls opinions. Its been done, her decision and whatever we think from personal experience wont make any difference. Ive stopped reading for a few days just because it was going on too much

However, why does she insist on posting numerous cat pics 😂 i am surprised they dont have their own profile
She can’t monetise a cat profile otherwise would have 100% already done it.

• Haha

I second this, there’s the Off Topic category for anyone who might want to discuss WLS.

Imagine an account for her cats hahaha it would be so boring literally just them watching fish videos on the telly and sleeping. That is all.

Let’s be honest. She wouldn’t do it for the girls. Only Treecko. Cause she found him in a tree or some tit 🙄🙄🙄

• Haha
Let’s be honest. She wouldn’t do it for the girls. Only Treecko. Cause she found him in a tree or some tit 🙄🙄🙄
Does anyone remember the ‘announcement video’ they did when they got him (might have been one of the others can’t be sure). They basically made out like they were announcing a pregnancy but then ‘tricked’ us all when it turned out to be a cat. I’m sure most people knew before the cat was out of the bag so to speak, I’m not convinced Tiny McDonalds has got it in him 😂 😂 :sick:

• Haha
Does anyone remember the ‘announcement video’ they did when they got him (might have been one of the others can’t be sure). They basically made out like they were announcing a pregnancy but then ‘tricked’ us all when it turned out to be a cat. I’m sure most people knew before the cat was out of the bag so to speak, I’m not convinced Tiny McDonalds has got it in him 😂 😂 :sick:
Tbh they appear more as weird geeky mates than lovers

Reactions: 5
I second this, there’s the Off Topic category for anyone who might want to discuss WLS.

Imagine an account for her cats hahaha it would be so boring literally just them watching fish videos on the telly and sleeping. That is all.
Thank you. I feel it was becoming too much of an argument about the process etc. I dont have time to be reading essays 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.