Emma Drew #20 Jam jars, pork belly and excuses aplenty. Size slinky 16? No, more like a 20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't make up my mind whether I think she is deeply depressed and struggles with everything in life, or if she is just very manipulative, attention seeking and a really horrible person. I haven't followed her as long as a lot of you šŸ¤” her behaviour is just bizarre šŸ„“
It makes me feel weird because in the darkest hole of depression, I was exactly like her in terms of eating crap and sleeping all day, but I never spread it around the internet. Some days it's like she's proud of how she is. Like her entire business plan was earn enough money to entirely succumb to depression. When I was in that place, I couldn't work, I didnt have any passive income and I racked up debts just buying food. I was not proud, I was desperate not to live that way!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I th
It makes me feel weird because in the darkest hole of depression, I was exactly like her in terms of eating crap and sleeping all day, but I never spread it around the internet. Some days it's like she's proud of how she is. Like her entire business plan was earn enough money to entirely succumb to depression. When I was in that place, I couldn't work, I didnt have any passive income and I racked up debts just buying food. I was not proud, I was desperate not to live that way!
I think you've hit the nail there. You're right it's like she is proud in an odd way. I don't know if she's doing it for attention because she can't get attention any other way, or if she just can't help herself. She is such a strange fish. I wonder how much wallowing she would do if she had zero income and was forced out the door šŸ¤”

Reactions: 13
I can't make up my mind whether I think she is deeply depressed and struggles with everything in life, or if she is just very manipulative, attention seeking and a really horrible person. I haven't followed her as long as a lot of you šŸ¤” her behaviour is just bizarre šŸ„“
I do think she does genuinely have mental health issues but they are not as severe and debilitating as she makes out. She uses her mental health as an excuse not to do anything productive, exciting or basically anything she doesnā€™t want to do. She plays the mental health card to her advantage to make things go her way.

Iā€™m really open about my struggles with my mental health but I have NEVER used them as an excuse to get out of anything, Emma does every single day!! And Tony lets her!! There have definitely been days when Iā€™ve been incapable of getting out of bed, having a shower, making food or anything else but on those days I also didnā€™t have the energy to text, post Instagram stories or even speak to anyone. The fact that Emma is able to pick and choose what she is and isnā€™t capable of each makes it so clear that sheā€™s milking the situation for all itā€™s worth. When I was really ill and couldnā€™t cope with anything, my husband would talk to me in the morning and set me a little challenge for the day - some days it would only be have a shower or make a cup of tea, but other days it would be walk round the block, change the bed, clear out a cupboard etc. The tasks got bigger and bigger as I started to recover and I genuinely donā€™t think I could have climbed out of the dark hole without him. Tony does the opposite for Emma - ā€œoh you want to lie in bed all day, go on then! Oh you want to eat terrible food that makes you feel terrible? Great go ahead!ā€

Reactions: 18
Literally none of her bags look used! Although makes sense since she just lazes about indoors all the time so doesn't need them. If I was going to spend decent money on a bag you bet I'd get my moneys worth and use it all the time!!
Theyā€™re probably not used. She will sell them on eventually. And besides, you canā€™t hold a handbag when you need both your grabby hands free at the same time in the shops.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Just got another matched betting ad email from her. Iā€™m sorry but there is no way she does any matched betting at all anymore. And make Ā£1000 a month? Now? No way, yes itā€™s entirely possible after sign ups but not without putting in a few hours a day minimum and she literally never mentions doing it! Such a lie. Speaking from 4 years matched betting experience, I smell bullshit

Reactions: 17
I do think she does genuinely have mental health issues but they are not as severe and debilitating as she makes out. She uses her mental health as an excuse not to do anything productive, exciting or basically anything she doesnā€™t want to do. She plays the mental health card to her advantage to make things go her way.

Iā€™m really open about my struggles with my mental health but I have NEVER used them as an excuse to get out of anything, Emma does every single day!! And Tony lets her!! There have definitely been days when Iā€™ve been incapable of getting out of bed, having a shower, making food or anything else but on those days I also didnā€™t have the energy to text, post Instagram stories or even speak to anyone. The fact that Emma is able to pick and choose what she is and isnā€™t capable of each makes it so clear that sheā€™s milking the situation for all itā€™s worth. When I was really ill and couldnā€™t cope with anything, my husband would talk to me in the morning and set me a little challenge for the day - some days it would only be have a shower or make a cup of tea, but other days it would be walk round the block, change the bed, clear out a cupboard etc. The tasks got bigger and bigger as I started to recover and I genuinely donā€™t think I could have climbed out of the dark hole without him. Tony does the opposite for Emma - ā€œoh you want to lie in bed all day, go on then! Oh you want to eat terrible food that makes you feel terrible? Great go ahead!ā€
Yes that's how I was, you've described it well. I wasn't capable of taking my son to school or looking after the house, it was like having a blackout and being under water. I never used to answer the phone to anyone, never text back etc. I'd decline any invites however small for a long time. I can't imagine I'd have had the energy to be posting on instagram all the time.

Has her family tried to help her do you know? or is it only her father she sees? Obvs he's not in a good state himself

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I do think there are some MH issues with her, but not to the extent she claims. I think she is genuinely just lazy. She has no drive to improve because she loves herself as she is.

I do think there are some MH issues with her, but not to the extent she claims. I think she is genuinely just lazy. She has no drive to improve because she loves herself as she is.
The level she goes to too, like saying she had cancer, that can't be normal behaviour. You'd have to have some serious issues to think like that šŸ˜³

I feel like I've been manipulated by her because I can't make my mind up šŸ˜„šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 10
I think that's it. She seems to do very little to actually try and improve. I would buy all sorts of things from books to vitamins to fitness stuff to try and get out of that hole. If anything she's adjusted her entire life so she can spend more time in her hovel doing sod all.

Reactions: 11
I definitely think she is depressed.. it's just the not helping herself and being so open about it all that I find strange.

I did an Emma and went back to bed this afternoon and cried, I'm in a tit place mentally at the moment as I'm sure others are.

I laid there for an hour and got back up, did some cleaning and sent some emails then I went outside even tho the weather is awful and I feel better for it. Sometimes you just have to put one foot in front of the other and just try, she doesn't even try.

It's like she just wants constant validation for her lazy lifestyle.

The only person who can help Emma is Emma but I don't think her selfishness will allow that.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I don't think doubt that she's depressed. I'd also be depressed if my life was so hollow.

As I mentioned earlier though, I felt sick seeing all of the clothes she's never worn that she's decluttering.

Emma says herself that she has a shopping addiction, has problems with emotional eating, and alludes to depression/anxiety. She supposedly has all the disposable income in the world (and certainly has money to burn as evidenced by today's handbag collection), which she could be spending on therapy but chooses not to.

Instead of taking the initiative to seek help, Emma just retreats to her bed, orders clothes that will never fit, and texts Tony to bring up snackies.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Exactly. When truly depressed just getting out of bed to get the post is a true effort (and maybe not even possible some days) . You do not leap out of bed phone in hand, grab 34553 snacks on the way and return to bed and post all about it to the Internet

Reactions: 12
To echo everyone here I think she is depressed but there is probably some further mental health issues at play. I don't like to armchair diagnose but she reminds me a lot of a family member who has a personality disorder. People who play the victim this much and this extreme often have a cluster B personality disorder. It could be narcissism or something else.

Just got another matched betting ad email from her. Iā€™m sorry but there is no way she does any matched betting at all anymore. And make Ā£1000 a month? Now? No way, yes itā€™s entirely possible after sign ups but not without putting in a few hours a day minimum and she literally never mentions doing it! Such a lie. Speaking from 4 years matched betting experience, I smell bullshit
Yeah, it's pretty much impossible now if you've been doing it a while, lost all your accounts and are having to scrabble around on unrestricted ones for EPs and Arbs. Unless you have multiple pets, that ship has sailed I think.

On saying that, I have done it for 9 years and made over Ā£100k so it served me very well.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
To echo everyone here I think she is depressed but there is probably some further mental health issues at play. I don't like to armchair diagnose but she reminds me a lot of a family member who has a personality disorder. People who play the victim this much and this extreme often have a cluster B personality disorder. It could be narcissism or something else.
Hmm, I have a cluster B family member (borderline personality disorder) and she always plays the victim/martyr and thrives off attention.

Reactions: 8
Hmm, I have a cluster B family member (borderline personality disorder) and she always plays the victim/martyr and thrives off attention.
No idea if that's what Emma has but it's clear she needs to get into regular therapy and stick at it. It's weird cause sometimes she seems to gain self awareness and wants to improve but most of the time she seems to get satisfaction from being a lazy flump

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I think you've hit the nail on the head. I only know about BPD so I had to look up narcissistic personality disorder -

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I think you've hit the nail on the head. I only know about BPD so I had to look up narcissistic personality disorder -
A lotttt of influencers have narcisstic traits. Like moths to a flame, the attention on social media is too much to resist

Reactions: 11
Sheā€™s not accountable to anyone who will call her out on it so she ā€œgets away with itā€. If she had a normal relationship with her family rather than not having a mum and having a dad with his own issues (and who isnā€™t on social media) sheā€™d be very different. They donā€™t have friends who drop in or who talk about the things she posts. Her social media is a stream of consciousness, itā€™s like sheā€™s screaming into a cave and waiting for the echo. Nothings coming back so she just keeps going without any consequences either

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.