Emma Drew #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She describes herself as an 'influencer' and in light of her cancer diagnosis could use her platform to actually do something charitable but chooses not to! She's celebrating her good news tonight, let's hope tomorrow she shares some swipe ups to The Eve Appeal or similar charity that supports those with womb cancer. Raise awareness on symptoms, make a donation, encourage others to donate and learn about it. Her Christmas mystery boxes proceeds to charity etc. Honestly she's in a better position than most to be charitable and giving, but it's always all about her and only her.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Well ladies, take a leaf out of Drew’s book.
If we discover we have cancer, just a hormonal coil & exercise plus weight loss will do the trick! 🤪

Reactions: 11
Would

Also would a consultant say 'this is indeed good news' 🤔
I hate defending Emma but... yes.

Consultant letters will often use layman terms depending on the patient and are very casual. When I was having treatment for my leg, one of the letters describe that I’ve had a “bouncing baby boy” and describe me a “very happy lady” post one of my steroid cycles. Very casual. However once my consultant began writing to another consultant and CC’d me in, it was more professional using professional terms.

The word tummy is a tricky one, we are encouraged to use abdomen or stomach as tummy is quite “childish”, along with belly. Might be the case that Emma has said tummy and that’s the word the consultant has chosen to use, or that’s what the consultant prefers to use in letters to the patient.

I’ll try and find an example of one of mine.

Reactions: 7
I hate defending Emma but... yes.

Consultant letters will often use layman terms depending on the patient and are very casual. When I was having treatment for my leg, one of the letters describe that I’ve had a “bouncing baby boy” and describe me a “very happy lady” post one of my steroid cycles. Very casual. However once my consultant began writing to another consultant and CC’d me in, it was more professional using professional terms.

The word tummy is a tricky one, we are encouraged to use abdomen or stomach as tummy is quite “childish”, along with belly. Might be the case that Emma has said tummy and that’s the word the consultant has chosen to use, or that’s what the consultant prefers to use in letters to the patient.

I’ll try and find an example of one of mine.
I’ve had this before. I fell at a park a little way away from where I lived and I broke my foot, the hospital letter described me as a “health tourist”. It really made me laugh as it’s such an odd phrase.
I’ve also been called delightful and described as having a “sunny disposition” in consultant letters.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’ve had this before. I fell at a park a little way away from where I lived and I broke my foot, the hospital letter described me as a “health tourist”. It really made me laugh as it’s such an odd phrase.
I’ve also been called delightful and described as having a “sunny disposition” in consultant letters.
I LIVE for what consultants describe patients in their letters!!! Mine are really funny; I’ve found one where I had my son with me and it says “small potato attended clinic today with her baby, both appear in good moods”. What you chatting about, doc??

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Fair enough if that’s all normal then, just made me wonder. She DEFINITELY uses the word tummy, it’s so cute like her 🥺🥺

• Haha
Reactions: 8
We've been blessed to a tiktok from the christmas shop formerly of holt. We get to see inside a £10 mystery box!

What is the point in having to drive to the unit to package when you could have simply stored this in a spare room?

Reactions: 9
I LIVE for what consultants describe patients in their letters!!! Mine are really funny; I’ve found one where I had my son with me and it says “small potato attended clinic today with her baby, both appear in good moods”. What you chatting about, doc??
I believe that some consultants dictate letters to computer, and “Mrs Patient attended today” auto corrected to “small potato” no proof reading. That is quite comical though!

As for Mrs Drew. I have no words.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The mystery boxes she’s talking about are clothes ones that all the so called money bloggers jumped on to buy so they could resell. From what I can gather they are taking up to 6 months to arrive. Think she was expecting dresses.
No it was a beauty box that Emma herself advertised. You paid £1.99 in postage and supposedly got £7.50 + worth of makeup, what it actually turned out to be was ex samples of revolution makeup. A few money bloggers called them out and they vanished. At the time Emma mentioned nothing until she wrote her blog 🙄

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
So why does someone with a thumb tum need a kitchen aid? I mean, baking cakes and bread is absolutely what the Drew’s need. They eat out and get takeaway more than cooking at home. I have a Russel hobbs version and it does exactly the same Job for £90 - if I was baking every week then fair enough and they definitely aren’t doing it once a month let alone weekly.

Reactions: 17
No it was a beauty box that Emma herself advertised. You paid £1.99 in postage and supposedly got £7.50 + worth of makeup, what it actually turned out to be was ex samples of revolution makeup. A few money bloggers called them out and they vanish. At the time Emma mentioned nothing until she wrote her blog 🙄
I didn’t know about those. I know she’s bought clothes ones which haven’t turned up as she was moaning about it on someone else’s tweet. Can’t think who it was though.

Reactions: 2
So why does someone with a thumb tum need a kitchen aid? I mean, baking cakes and bread is absolutely what the Drew’s need. They eat out and get takeaway more than cooking at home. I have a Russel hobbs version and it does exactly the same Job for £90 - if I was baking every week then fair enough and they definitely aren’t doing it once a month let alone weekly.

That is one hell of an emotional spend!

Reactions: 6
She is bleeping vile.

I had to have a hysterectomy in my mid thirties due to cancer.

When I received my letter to say that I was cancer free, I bleeping sobbed. It wasn't even a surprise as I had already been told in person but to get it in writing just made me bawl my eyes out all over again.

'Sexiest letter' - you nasty witch. You have no idea, really no idea.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
What on earth!! I’ve followed her for years (until recently) and I’ve NEVER seen her bake anything. Why on earth does she need a £500 mixer? Oh yea, she’s addicted to spending. What an absolute twit!

I’ve got a £50 mixer that I use at least once a week and have had it for almost 6 years. I remember originally wanting a Kitchen Aid but then realised a cheaper one does exactly the same job and as it lives in a cupboard, it doesn’t matter what it looks like.
I often work out the price of items per usage to try and justify big spends - so a £100 pair of shoes worn 10 times would cost £10 per wear etc. A £500 Kitchen Aid that only ever gets used once or twice is going to produce some VERY expensive cakes (that she shouldn’t even be eating in the first place!!!).

Also, when I think about all the health issues I’ve had over the years and any gifts I’ve been given by family to celebrate recoveries or help me through, they’ve been small (like chocolates or flowers) and/or really meaningful. For example, when I hit rock bottom with anxiety and depression my parents bought me a teddy bear and called it Mr Happy so I could cuddle it and it would hopefully make me feel better. I’ve had it coming up 5 years now and I still squeeze it every night to remind of where I’ve come from and the support my family gave me. Reckon Emma will even remember she’s got this Kitchen Aid in 5 weeks time never mind 5 years? I’m guessing not a chance!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
What on earth!! I’ve followed her for years (until recently) and I’ve NEVER seen her bake anything. Why on earth does she need a £500 mixer? Oh yea, she’s addicted to spending. What an absolute twit!

I’ve got a £50 mixer that I use at least once a week and have had it for almost 6 years. I remember originally wanting a Kitchen Aid but then realised a cheaper one does exactly the same job and as it lives in a cupboard, it doesn’t matter what it looks like.
I often work out the price of items per usage to try and justify big spends - so a £100 pair of shoes worn 10 times would cost £10 per wear etc. A £500 Kitchen Aid that only ever gets used once or twice is going to produce some VERY expensive cakes (that she shouldn’t even be eating in the first place!!!).

Also, when I think about all the health issues I’ve had over the years and any gifts I’ve been given by family to celebrate recoveries or help me through, they’ve been small (like chocolates or flowers) and/or really meaningful. For example, when I hit rock bottom with anxiety and depression my parents bought me a teddy bear and called it Mr Happy so I could cuddle it and it would hopefully make me feel better. I’ve had it coming up 5 years now and I still squeeze it every night to remind of where I’ve come from and the support my family gave me. Reckon Emma will even remember she’s got this Kitchen Aid in 5 weeks time never mind 5 years? I’m guessing not a chance!
She makes fork biscuits sometimes, I don’t remember the exact recipe other than it’s very basic.

She said the other week she wanted a kitchen aid so now she’s just using the cancer as an excuse/justify such a big purchase 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 11
Ya gurl needed one (not an emotional spend at all) so ya gurl did it. She’ll be re-selling it for more money on eBay next month

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.