Emily Norris #8 Show off vlogs, forgotten dogs, spoilt children given toys and trips to flog!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh and “all the boys” have birthday’s this time of year making it extra busy. Jackson’s was in September and Caleb’s October. 🙄
Lol my little one is in 24th December, my OH is 1.1., my sister is 4.1. And I'm 9th january. Wanna talk about being busy around holidays E? 🤣 and if October counts as 'this time of the year' then add my other son too and other sister too 😆

God how she even made it into adulthood 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 2
So now she's "giving back" by tidying someone's house? Now while I think that is a really nice thing to do, I would think a lot more of it if it wasn't really just content for her Youtube channel etc. Making money out of someone's unfortunate situation does not sit right with me. I know there are TV programmes about this- perhaps Emily is hoping she will get a TV show out of this?!
And I strongly suspect Emily will come over as totally patronising.

Reactions: 18
I think it's a nice thing she's doing, helping out the lady who has clearly let things get on top of her during a difficult time.
But, she's using it for content so not entirely altruistic reasons. She will be making vlogs and gaining ad revenue, wouldn't even be surprised if the vlogs end up as paid promotions for the cleaning product companies she works with. She would never just go and do something like this just to be a good human.
Had to lol at her roping in both Matt and her MiL.

@Maddogsmum we were clearly thinking the same thing at same time there!

Reactions: 9
So now she's "giving back" by tidying someone's house? Now while I think that is a really nice thing to do, I would think a lot more of it if it wasn't really just content for her Youtube channel etc. Making money out of someone's unfortunate situation does not sit right with me. I know there are TV programmes about this- perhaps Emily is hoping she will get a TV show out of this?!
I agree. I hate how people only do nice things so that they can post about them online for gratification.

I can’t stand the phrase “good deed done”.

Reactions: 11
I really want to believe shes doing it for the right reasons, truly I do. And honestly I think a big part of it is her wanting to help. But again its the lack of self awareness - I'm going to come from my ridiculous mansion wearing hair extensions that probably cost more than your washing machine and do some cleaning for you (as long as I can stick it on Youtube)

I actually do think her heart is in the right place (mostly) but Matt being involved just makes me uncomfortable. I don't know why I can just imagine him looking down his nose or talking about how minging the house is when they leave

Reactions: 8
I just think she’s doing it for content. If you really cared, why would you put it all over the internet… it just seems wrong to me.

Reactions: 10
What makes me uncomfortable is these are potentially vulnerable people (someone who has suddenly lost their partner, she's talking about doing it for disabled folk etc) and she is sharing their story and home all over the internet. Is she being careful to protect their identity, where they live etc?

Also, she was planning to do "hacks" but ended up cleaning. Not sure what she expected but hacks are only any good if you already have some systems going and can improve them. They are absolutely useless for someone whose got into a state that they just don't know where to start.

Honestly think it's something cooked up in a mtg with her management company to increase engagement and find a new direction for when the kids are too old for her to flog them and her "day in the life" on the internet. It may give her the warm fuzzies but fundamentally it's all about the cash flow.

Reactions: 8
Emily is so easy to read, clearly jumping on the Aurikatariina bandwagon who is a genuinley lovely person. She has 1.86 miillion subscribers as well and never divulges the identities of the people she helps.

Reactions: 7
Just like those videos on social media when a random asks someone for money for a coffee etc because thet left their purse at home. Or they test a persons’ honesty to a homeless person by dropping something valuable and by giving it back they get a fistful of cash. All content. Egghead will have researchers on here and because she’s filthy rich and bragging with her hoose and hair extensions she’s been advised and come up with a plan to come over as little Emily with the big heart giving back to the poor.

Oh, there she is!

Attachments

I have absolutely no doubt she is doing this for views and traffic to her channel. But at least she’s actually having to put a bit of effort in rather than stealing hacks and recipes or selling her kids lives online. She’ll soon get bored of actually doing a bit of work for a living

Reactions: 6
Until I read it here on Tattle I'd no idea that Emz has busied herself helping someone else. I'm on the fence about how I feel about this. Regardless of her motives (I suspect not altogether altruistic) so long as the outcome is positive for the individual whom she has helped I don't suppose it matters whether she has done it for views or not. Personally, as things stand in my life, I wouldn't want that patronising boiled egg-come-orange of a person entering my life in any capacity but maybe I would feel any help is help if I were struggling?

• Heart
I agree. I love watching the clutter bug, she has done a similar thing but mostly family, and she actually has an established brand, speciality and is creative thinking up her different clutter bug styles. I’m not sure what Emily cleaning somebody’s house has to do with her overall aim of her channel? It seems random and off balance.so many untalented YouTubers! Not clutter bug, a slob comes clean or the minimal mom though, they are genuine, have integrity and aren’t just after peoples money!

Reactions: 3
Emily is so easy to read, clearly jumping on the Aurikatariina bandwagon who is a genuinley lovely person. She has 1.86 miillion subscribers as well and never divulges the identities of the people she helps.
I agree seems like she is copying her. It doesn’t fit with her channel at all and seems like a very random idea.

I’m really not interested in watching her clean someone else’s house. If that’s the route she’s going to go down o think she her channel will lose views even more!

Yep cleaning/decorating others people houses are super popular now so just hop on another bandwagon and steal someone else idea 🤮 that's Emz for you...

Yep cleaning/decorating others people houses are super popular now so just hop on another bandwagon and steal someone else idea 🤮 that's Emz for you...
Let’s not forget that she hired a cleaning company, not such a selfless deed after all. Throwing money at the problem as usual

• Wow
The 'before' pictures of that house should come with a trigger warning 🤢 Fair play to Emily for getting stuck in but if it was a true selfless deed she wouldn't be parading this all over the Internet!

Let’s not forget that she hired a cleaning company, not such a selfless deed after all. Throwing money at the problem as usual
You mean the clean she did at that persons house, on Facebook, she hired help to do it?

Reactions: 1
Yes, she did two days of decluttering but the real dirty hard graft in the kitchen and bathroom was done by hired cleaners. Princess Emz couldn't get her hands mucky!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.