Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Howdyhi

Chatty Member
I’m confused too. Being midsize I think I’m quite fortunate in the sense that I’m catered for in clothing, Emily only seems to shop on boohoo and PLT. Zara and H&M are a nightmare but that’s because the sizing is ridic! I’ve been plus size and that was a nightmare, all the fashionable clothes were horribly made and it was all crop tops and unflattering PLT/fashion nova styles made for people with heaps of body confidence (think Lizzo) Anyway, I just don’t see how she thinks she’s made up a new concept? Also I think by excluding sizes she’s making a big mistake.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

glamapuss

Exactly, I started following her cause I thought she looked great (I mean style-wise) and gave great tips on how to dress. Think she’s lost it a bit during lockdown but who hasn’t 😂

As for the dresses being ‘short’ on her - maybe sizing up/wearing your proper size could help? 😶 everything just looks very tight on her, like you couldn’t even breathe properly
Yes the squeezing is helped by the stretchy fabric on a lot of the body suits items she chooses.

As another member has said the shape wear rolls down, I did wear Spanx once to a wedding and it was awful... I got sweaty vag to be blunt with so much compression so wouldn’t do it again 😂😂😂😂 so wearing something so tight each and every day is really going to start chaffing and cutting into the skin and I don’t like that feeling.

A reel on Instagram can look amazing but vs the daily commute that look can be very different

Platformcrocs

VIP Member
As an above poster has already said, different sizes look different on everyone. I’ve also been a size 12 and was still 12 stone and yes, the doctors congratulated me on losing weight but also reminded me I still wasn’t in a healthy weight category. I had a similar body shape to Emily and was happy with my body.

Emily quite openly said when she came back from Dubai (which is when I lost respect for her) that she was now a 14 as she’d been over indulging. She’s also said that she’s eating healthy and exercising and that she wants to lose weight healthily and steadily (although she doesn’t have to if she wants but she has been honest about it).

People really need to start taking responsibility for their own Instagram feed. Emily isn’t responsible for how you all feel about your body, especially when I actually think she has been honest about her journey with her body. If someone is triggering you because of the size they say they are, you need to remove them from your feed as that’s clearly unhealthy for you. However, I’ll repeat it again, I don’t think Emily is lying about anything. I do feel for anyone struggling with their body and disordered eating but I encourage you to follow people who only make you feel good about your body.

And in a final note, I’ve put on around a stone in the last year (lockdown indulges) but a lot of my size 12s still fit me. Some are a bit snug, but they still fit and a lot of my clothes have a bit of stretch. If you’re someone who’s weight fluctuates then you will buy a lot of clothes with stretch, it’s cost effective.
To be clear, no one has come here and blamed Emily for how they feel about their body. It's part of a wider issue with social media, photo editing (some people say she doesn't - but I'd say like most Instagrammers, there will certainly be an element of it) and also, vanity sizing. I think Emily is very good at dressing for her height and figure and she's posted a lot of useful stuff about shapewear and how to pose for photos, getting the right angle, etc which makes all the difference.

• Heart

ann88

Chatty Member
her face shape has changed, I’ve been looking and it’s on the lower half jaw area, it has become very square. I thought it was because of the weight gain maybe but then my face goes round and I have hamster cheeks myself when I gain, but could possible be hormones.

for Someone short, I don’t understand how things are short on her height but they are.

personally I feel she looks a bit frumpy of late, I think that’s a word. Looks older than her age and not so glam, maybe it’s the lockdown as she is normally on fire.
Exactly, I started following her cause I thought she looked great (I mean style-wise) and gave great tips on how to dress. Think she’s lost it a bit during lockdown but who hasn’t 😂

As for the dresses being ‘short’ on her - maybe sizing up/wearing your proper size could help? 😶 everything just looks very tight on her, like you couldn’t even breathe properly

Poppykisses87

I do like this girl but I also do find her triggering
When she says size 12-14 and I then like others has said above think that I must be wearing rose tinted glasses as I’m a 14-16 and don’t look as big as her!
So now I’m thinking am I actually bigger then what I think iam
And the whole Dubai trip angered me so much!
There was so much bragging and like others have said it was unnecessary travel

I fully agree. I’m about a 12-14 but she looks a bit bigger than me...

I gave her the benefit of a doubt with the Dubai trip, but she was posting A LOT during that trip and for it to have been a surprise trip as she tried justifying, it was a bit tasteless to have posted as much as she did. I wish she had said it was a surprise trip and she wouldn’t be posting for a bit.

I think she means well, and as someone who has gained a couple of stone since last year she’s helped me look for other clothes apart from leggings. I’m hoping she stays nice though. I’d hate for all this new popularity to get to her head!! There doesn’t seem to be many relatable “influencers” left !

glamapuss

Same lol ! Her face shape has changed , only noticed since you guys pointed it out. It looks like she’s been on testosterone or steroids with how square her face has gone. I wonder if she was on some kind of hormone treatment as she mentioned about bad periods? Also why are all her dresses soooo short? I know that sounds a bit prude lol
her face shape has changed, I’ve been looking and it’s on the lower half jaw area, it has become very square. I thought it was because of the weight gain maybe but then my face goes round and I have hamster cheeks myself when I gain, but could possible be hormones.

for Someone short, I don’t understand how things are short on her height but they are.

personally I feel she looks a bit frumpy of late, I think that’s a word. Looks older than her age and not so glam, maybe it’s the lockdown as she is normally on fire.

ann88

Chatty Member
Controversial but I think it’s a joke she’s bragging on her covid vaccine being a asthma sufferer but wasn’t that arsed about the virus when she swanned off to Dubai in lockdown because she felt she “deserved a holiday” 🤔🙄
I remember someone posted on Misha Grimes’ thread that people should be vaccinated according to how well they were sticking to the lockdown rules 😁 (if you’re not familiar with Misha - she went on multiple holidays and then got the vaccine a couple of weeks ago cause she’s got lyme disease)
I know Emily wasn’t the worst of all the influencers but you shouldn’t just pick and choose when you are or you’re not bothered about your condition

• Heart

Loulou_23

VIP Member
Makes me sick when these knobs use the trolling card and that people that give them feedback can’t be happy in their lives! Ok huns you justify not being able to take genuine feedback or comments you disagree with as trolling if that helps you deal with it better!

Meanwhile us normal folk don’t say our boss must not love themselves when they give us negative feedback! Or that they are bullying us!

The worst one of this I find is hazel wood as she still works a normal job so you’d think she could understand the difference between actual trolls and constructive feedback!

Also she isn’t a size 12 probably more like a 14-16 at this point in time.

em69

VIP Member
Also that is very brave to give up your job for a small brand like hers... What is something went wrong etc, how would they pay their mortgage?

Reactions: 5

lalussh

i wrote about her on thursday my old account lala1988 but the post isnt true i got the wrong youtuber !

• Haha

HmmmReally

VIP Member
The longest wedding ever
They didn’t even get married in proper covid restrictions. They chose to have a small wedding and now milking it

Eggsandbeans

Needs the money for the Range Rover lifestyle I guess.

Seen quite a few comments on her recent posts complaining about her refusing to say where items are from and insisting people click the link in her stories and I have to say I agree. I get these people want to make money for this service they provide of showing off nice clothes but come onnnnn… when your followers are consistently telling you the link isn’t working for them so can you just say where it’s from and you just ignore them it really does you no good! It made me want to click on the bloody links even less than I did before!

ann88

Chatty Member
Soo glad I found this thread!! I used to love Emily , loved how she would put outfits together then the Dubai trip happened and I just couldn’t stand her squeaky clean attitude . It seems so false now .

I Also agree about her size being more 14-16 than 12 . I’m a 10-12 and honestly I felt like crap thinking that’s how I looked . I have body dysmorphia and it’s triggered me . Although when I’ve ordered stuff she recommends in her size they are too big .

I did really like her at the start but now she’s just another influencer who lies to us and thinks it’s ok to go swanning to Dubai when so many people are out of work and worse ....dying from the Rona .
I’m size 12/14 and yes, maybe a few months ago she was sort of the same size as me, so it was relatable. But she gained some weight (nothing wrong with that) so I think she’s just squeezing herself into the old sizing with some help of slimming bodysuits etc. You can see everything is very tight on her.

Clarity456

VIP Member
I also think putting on weight is an excuse and a cop out for not losing the weight and trying to justify to themselves that it’s ok to be abit bigger and not feel upset about it
Yes and then they lie about their size and put this confusing narrative out there

"I'm learning to love my body now I've put on loads of weight but I'm still only a size 12"

To me, other people may say different, size 12 is still slimm-ish, like if I tell people at work I'm on a diet they're always like "there will be nothing left of you" Etc. Etc.

But then I see the likes of Emily (and it's not just her there's so many other influencers who do this) saying that's she's got loads bigger and that a doctor has told her she's very overweight, but we're wearing the same clothes size as me? And it makes me think I don't see myself as I am...

I'm older now and can manage it better but this sort of behaviour gave me so many issues in my early 2Os!

Clarity456

VIP Member
I don’t like all the talk about her body and size. Personally I do think she looks bigger than a 12 but when I was a 10 I looked around a 14, different people, different bodies. Losing weight is so hard when you get to your late twenties and onwards, I just think body shaming someone isn’t nice. I was mad at her going to Dubai and all the looks being the same, just no versatility in where she shops and what she wears.

All cheap material and fast fashions!
noone is body shaming, theres absolutely nothing wrong with whatever size she is as I've said she is beautiful and has great style!

She's said herself she's a US size 11 (obviously not realising thats not between a UK 10-12 as US sizes are UK size minus 4) it is in fact 14-16 but then says she's put on sooooo much weight yet is only a 12 in UK sizes but buttons on certain things she wears look like they're about to ping off...

Do you honestly think a responsible NHS doctor would tell a size 12 person they need to lose weight? Very unlikely, you maybe don't like it but no one is shaming or saying her current size is disgusting, we're talking about the deceit and how several recovering anorexics/bulimics have came on and said seeing her say shes a 12 is triggering them.

This mid size thing bugs me though, because I think I’m midsize. I’m not small at all, I would buy a medium and I’m a size 10 in topshop and Zara. I would say I’m midsize with boobs and bum similar to the photo of how Emily used to look. When I was a size 14/16 I was a size large - that is not midsize

small 6-8
Medium 10-12
Large 14-16

unless I got it wrong my whole life 😂😂
You're totally right I'd say

Slim = size 6/8, catwalk model type of physique like kendall jenner/gigi hadid
download (3).jpeg

9906255b5b55912ece1debbff90ad911.jpg

MIDSIZE = size 10/12, still slim but with too much meat on their bones to fit into the fashion model aesthetic, I feel the phrase "slim thick" covers this type of body to a T. Kelly Brook in her heyday is to me, a really good example of someone "mid sized".

0013729c050d0880fbed42.jpg

Plus size = size 14-16. Iskra Lawrence (UK size 14)/ Ashley Graham (UK size 16) type of figure. To do a side by side comparison I would say these are the people who Emily currently corresponds with the most....absolutely nothing wrong with that, Ashley and Iskra are beautiful beautiful women but I just dont feel it's representative of midsize 🤷‍♀️

6662268-6430427-image-a-18_1543253506732.jpg

eXWyrixkOHunmGAMHgP7.jpg

• Heart

yellowmellow

VIP Member
I think there's a difference between what size you can get into (the saying "just because it zips, doesn't mean it fits") And what size you actually are, so yes, whilst Emily can perhaps get a stretchy 10 on in some things, I personally wouldn't say she IS a size 10 when you look at other size 10 celebs like Sam Faiers, Megan Barton Hanson etc.

I could probably get into a pair of size 6 joggers if they had an elasticated waist but I'm deffo not a size 6.
Agree. Currently wearing size 10 shorts. I’m not a 10.