Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TravellingPants

Chatty Member
I generally quite like her and think that she has good intentions in what she tries to say, although I can see that her main intention is to boost engagement, sell things and ultimately make money by doing very little actual work. I do think she’s created an interesting and probably quite damaging situation for herself with this ‘kind and wise older sister’ persona, that has encouraged people who are prone to overinvesting their time and energy into influencers to form parasocial relationships with her and feel like she owes them something she doesn’t.

The one thing I really can’t get past when I see her content is how much she contorts herself to create the illusion that she is anything but a slim, conventionally attractive, able-bodied white woman. The bending to get stomach rolls and then pretending she understands what it’s like to live in a bigger body is WILD. Same goes for Alex Light.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

bellinibobble

VIP Member
If she reads this thread, they’ll be doing a podcast about Tattle soon 🤣
The one with Nelly London about trolling pretty much was. They basically said if you’re on Tattle we don’t want you as a listener, so that’s the point where I thought, ok then bye 🫥

• Haha

TravellingPants

Chatty Member
I have tried with the pod a few times because I think they cover interesting topics but neither of them are cut out to host it. The incessant shrieking with laughter at each other’s stories (which aren’t particularly funny), lots of lipsmacking/sucking in saliva sounds and very odd interview style… Alex basically repeats back to someone what they’ve said and then goes ‘that’s really, like, interesting’. I don’t think I can bring myself to try again.

Well the rumours are true. Em whem you read this please keep her off social media and don’t exploit her for monetary gains. Social media os no place for someone who can’t defend themselves. I’ve seen a 10 year old being bullied by grown adults which isn’t fair on the little girl when it’s her mother that decided to put her on social media in the first place.

• Heart

Pawpaw365

VIP Member
Oh she'll be back with some utter nonsense.

There is something called a dignified silence, I don't agree with what JC said at all but surely you should expect a degree of loyalty from your family..as in not publicly calling out your dad in order to make yourself look better and to increase engagement and traffic to her SM account!
She’s not calling out her dad to make herself look better. She’s calling it out to protect her own reputation cos she’ll be getting all sorts of abuse from people tarring her with the same brush as him.

aboutdamntime

I used to love Em’s content when I started following about 2 years ago but recently I can’t stand any of it so I’ve had to unfollow because it became a hate follow. It’s just constant ads and a lot of attacking people for having an opinion…

• Heart

AliceInWanderLost

VIP Member
To raise awareness of morning sickness? Are we not aware of that already?
many people may have experienced morning sickness, the majority of people are aware of morning sickness - but nobody has experienced EM'S morning sickness, and Em's nausea and morning sickness is obviously the worst and most dramatic morning sickness EVER! y'know, just like she is the *only* pregnant woman to wear leggings and oversized jumpers, or to order loose, baggy dresses, and the only pregnant woman to fall asleep on the sofa in the early evening. hell, she is basically the first pregnant woman to exist in the whole entire world, thus she will use such a unique and unusual experience to her full advantage - to create content and snap up as many ads and brand deals with maternity clothes and #gifted baby items etc as possible. 🤦🏻‍♀️

look on the bright side Em, at least your pregnancy had miraculously cured your gluten intolerance! 👌🏻🤣

• Haha

cee-bee

VIP Member
I agree with everything she says about Megan. But why is she still annoying when she says it 😂😂
I don’t, and I find it absolutely hilarious - her dad is a huge player in the media and is both 1. Misogynist (https://amp.theguardian.com/media/2003/jun/23/bbc.broadcasting)
And 2. Racist (https://amp.theguardian.com/media/2...ed-racial-discrimination-top-gear-oisin-tymon)

yet Emily feels like it’s fine to lecture us all on what is sexist and misogynist.

just because Emily isn’t bright enough to critically read and assess news doesn’t mean the rest of us aren’t. The daily Mail is notorious for writing salacious and sensational headlines. It’s easy to tear it apart. There are lots of legitimate reasons to criticise Meghan markle that have nothing to do with racism or misogny and *gasp* some people are capable of the nuance of being able to recognise Meghan Markle can be a shit person AND the media can be bias against her AND the royal family are also pretty shit.

Emily probably isn’t bright enough to grasp nuance though, and things picking apart a crappy news article that is fair game is her ✨intellectual✨ And ✨feminist✨

nobody, I repeat NOBODY should be taking advice or direction from a pampered and sheltered 20 something with zero credentials, who cannot even spell “panel” correctly

7FAA67F0-DF84-4117-B70F-54A44F047B0E.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

Vixen88

VIP Member
Hasn’t she always posted looking like this is some form? The jaw surgery 18 month recovery? She loves a self deprecating selfie.

AliceInWanderLost

VIP Member
not only did she delete the photo of Alex posing next to the "danger! thin ice!" sign - despite claiming in her comments that her, Alex and Bua didn't stand on the ice, she didn't know anyone on the ice and they were just standing and watching, whilst filming and laughing at little kids falling over - a easy lie, after deleting the photo of Alex literally standing on the ice as evidence - she has also slyly removed the footage of all the children and dogs playing on the ice and the laughter and "she ate shit" comment as a poor kid face-planted the ground. obvs she only deemed it cruel and irresponsible to share footage where she is laughing at the misfortune of children - a child who she had no idea if they were actually hurt as a result of their fall - given the context of the tragic news story.

no mention of it in her stories though, or an apology for her not following her emphasised #bekind mantra in terms of laughing at children being injured - not even just laughing but actually sharing the footage on SM of kids she has made very clear in the comments she didn't know - but has instead dealt with it in a totally mature manner - ignoring the situation entirely, by editing the post to remove any photos of her or Alex on, or near, the ice, changing the caption to remove the part about her laughing at a kid falling on their face and removing all the references from her stories - while simultaneously dirty deleting every comment that criticised the photos as crass and insensitive given the tragic news, those which called her out for not following her beloved #bekind mantra and also those criticising for being generally irresponsible by giving the impression that it's not dangerous to play on frozen lakes. but hey, it's total fine! if there is no evidence on SM, then it totally didn't happen....right?! 👌🏻

• Wow
  • Angry

cee-bee

VIP Member
I am also in the camp that strutting along a public road in lingerie, designed to be worn to be sexually alluring, is not empowering (to me). I’m disappointed that they are getting so strongly behind this and not aiming for the body neutrality position of having so much more to offer than what you look like. Whatever way you cut it, Nelly (and both Alex and Em) are able-bodied, straight-sized women who have not been marginalised.
they are also all very upper middle class and white and speak from a place of extreme privilege, that they don’t seem to acknowledge. No doubt they attribute all their successes in life purely down to their work ethics… Em in particular because of who her father is. She was able to buy him a car I believe, for his birthday. How many 20 somethings can do that?

• Heart
  • Wow

Cooksie

VIP Member
Anyone else think there was literally nothing embarrassing about a guy running out to give her back a bit of her shopping she’d forgotten? If anything it was nice of him to do, I’d have been so annoyed if I’d had dinner planned out and got home only to realise I’d left an ingredient in the shop.

the way she hyped it up, taking a selfie video whilst still on the street (mentioning her jumper alluding to some horrific wardrobe malfunction)

Part of me just believes she’s just ridiculous and OTT, but the fact she mentioned how her jumper made it look like she wasn’t wearing any bottoms (like, so? How was that relevant?) made it seem like the story was going to involve some horrific wardrobe malfunction, so it made me think she said it on purpose to make sure people kept watching the full stories for the engagement

either way - she someone managed to turn a guy returning a cucumber into *nine* stories… and no em, the stuff you do on a weekly basis is not that funny or quirky or embarrassing. This cucumber story was just the latest in a scraping of the barrel content moment.

jesus this girl is pathetic
That’s the type of story you’d overhear young teenagers telling and finding it hilarious, while you sit there thinking oh god I hope I wasn’t that irritating at that age 🙈

• Haha

JulesC

VIP Member
yeh? And has her hair scraped back in a weird ponytail that looks like the kind I put my hair in the day before I’m due to wash it.

overall not fan of it.. it feels like she’s trying too hard to be a quirky bride. She’s not like a regular bride she’s a cool bride, see she’s got black platforms (a la Nicola peltz) and wearing a casual pony

i wonder if Em’ll have a crisis now wedding planning will be over, since she made wedding planning a part of her personality for like the last year
I forgot to mention her hair. Doesn’t look like she had a hairdresser do it 🤔 I don’t understand her. It didn’t work whatever she was trying to do.

• Heart

thereshegoesagain

Errr her latest stories order… a post on how she’s sooo busy but has something really important to share, followed by a Gillette ad. Then the post after is about bowel babe.

surely a post about your so called friend dying and trying to raise money For charity should be the important thing to share, not the ad.

• Wow
  • Heart

Sarah honeysuckle

Chatty Member
I discovered her recently when I saw her post showing the real side to Social media adverts with the skinny tea and the photoshopping of her body. I think she’s great. The right sort of person that should be on insta.

I love her dad too 😂

Millennial Pink

VIP Member
Exactly, lingerie is very...deliberately sexual. Public displays like that are rightly frowned upon as you don't have everyone's consent and you may run into minors. None of these concepts are difficult for her to understand, surely?

• Heart