Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

aidil

VIP Member
Sick of her trying to make out she’s some martyr for women with curves etc when she’s just a slim, blonde, white influencer like everyone else. No amount of “relatable” content distracts from that, Em.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

horsey1234

I overall like her, she’s privileged yeah and I am not entirely sure how she affords her lifestyle or what she actually does all day, but hey she’s certainly putting a better message out there than most and I like that she sticks up for herself, calls shit out and doesn’t mind just saying it how it is.

Although i have a slight issue that every time she does a post where her stomach is on show she poses with her arms above her head trying to make herself look slimmer. Like yeah we’d obviously all do the same, but on the next post she’ll be ranting about how fake Instagram is and how you should be happy in your own body.. just find it a bit troublesome.

Reactions: 14

jjeett

Chatty Member
Also when influencers mention their threads it literally advertises it. I found this thread a while ago cos Em mentioned it

• Heart

ShaWei

Chatty Member
Emily seems to be having a tough time in the media at the moment. She’s never marketed herself as Jeremy’s daughter and so it seems unfair to be continually referred to as such. The comments on the article are vile. ☹

not sure about everyone else but if I’m upset enough to cry about something then I’m too upset to remember to take selfies in order to “normalise it”… although maybe that’s just because I’m not an attention seeking, vacant girl with minimal intelligence

• Heart
Lol apparently she's seen our facesView attachment 1462450
I wonder if she has ever spoken about another person? Theres nothing wrong with discussing her on here, bullying shouldn’t be happening but saying stuff like why is she advertising simply be or whatever it is when she is barely a size 12 is fine. Same with dating sites how can she advertise them when she hasn’t used them. She is allowed to express her opinion on others as is everyone else.

hellogrrrl

Chatty Member
What the fuck is this about? Generally love Em but this is out of order.

“You can control what happens in your house but not what I do in the street” - so you’re allowed to do anything you like regardless of it’s impact on others if it’s in a public place? Eh

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow

hellogrrrl

Chatty Member
priorities, gotta get that #ad in first for the monies. People might skip the bowel babe story and miss her affiliated link, can’t risk that!
Absolutely sickening, my heart is breaking for Bowelbabe & I'm not even her mate, unlike Em! As if she needs any more money isn't Daddy absolutely loaded for being an absolute thunderc*nt?

• Heart
I find Em.touchy and ranty lately, like she has trigger finger where she can't just sit with her thoughts for a bit. She needs to furiously type out a rant to maybe later delete.

her dad talks about being proud of her, because he’s a bit of a knob himself.

the whole family is about money, and getting paid as much as possible for contributing as little as possible to the world. So yep, they are proud of her, but I’m not sure that’s a good thing.

Jeremy Clarkson has a huge chip on his shoulder about his lack of academic ability and Em’s lack of academic ability. Absolutely huge. That’s why he has to tweet about it constantly and talk about it. That’s why he bragged about nepotism making an education redundant. He knows he and has family have nothing of real value to offer the world, so they graft instead.

I’d say he’s glad she still makes money despite not getting much out of her expensive education, because he holds it in disdain since both he and his children failed at it.
Em has done fuck all for society but her dad has done more for british farming than anyone else ever has. He may be a bit of a knob but he does deserve credit for that.

• Heart

cee-bee

VIP Member
This. She is more palatable than a lot of ‘influencers’ but she’s trying so hard to make out like she’s in another category when in reality she’s just using her followers to make money like they all are.

I don’t mind her talking more about ‘issues’ rather than just shilling pretty bags etc but she harps on about feminism and saying what she wants yet seems verrrrry thin skinned if anyone says anything negative. (Not talking about the press, I can’t imagine having a national newspaper writing about you is nice at all).

I hope not but I assume she’s trying the I’m-so-relatable-like-your-best-mate angle in order to gain a larger following and therefore make more money.

Basically - I enjoy her content more than a lot of them but I can see her monetising a lot more soon and then essentially becoming what she hates? Also quite sick of seeing her dancing around flailing her arms.
Honestly, from my perspective I find the hypocrisy harder to stomach with em and her ilk than with other influencers. At least most influencers are aware their content is pretty shallow, fun and not that deep. And they seem content to live with that.

Em wants to be seen as credible and intelligent and thought provoking. Presumably the way her idol Bryony Gordon is (kind of - I don’t rate Bryony Gordon at all. She’s yet another privileged white lady dominating the media, who benefited from family connections. She was also a gossip columnist for the type of rags Em detests so much, and most gossip columnists in my experience have deeply misogynistic undertones…but she got a book deal and talks about mental health so shes a “serious” writer now).

Em wants to be taken seriously but she also wants to make money, off of brand deals and by promoting products. That type of work is fine, lots of people enjoy marketing.

But if she wants to be seen as someone serious who fights social justice causes… then don’t be an influencer? Either embrace the fact you want to be taken seriously as a proponent of social causes and quit the influencing stuff and devote your career to that, or content yourself with shilling sports bras for money - a fairly shallow endeavour.

For context, I made the decision to go into a line of work that tackles real social issues and has a wide impact. It’s often really difficult, it’s not well paid, it’s stressful. But it does have a meaningful impact that I’m proud of. It makes a difference to a lot of people. It’s not glamorous or (usually!) a ton of fun but I can live with that.

Taking selfies for a job and posting about dating apps looks fun and easy. And if that’s what Em wants that’s fine. But I wish she’d stop acting like she’s making a profound and deep impact by throwing out word salads, and getting offended when someone points out her career of choice isn’t that deep.

• Heart

cee-bee

VIP Member
I’m saying they are too long, so as sure as your opinion is valid, so is MINE!!!
That’s the whole point of my rant, you are not always right! And that’s kind of the point! People need to be told things that annoy them, it’s not trolling it’s just facts 🤷‍♀️

Rule no. 1 of the forum is ”Don't attempt to moderate, tone police or tell people what they can post”

Opinionated

VIP Member
View attachment 1941777

this popped up on my insta randomly; it’s not the first time I’ve seen marketing suggestions shared on Instagram for aspirational influencers.

the sad thing is, this is ALL the sort of stuff Em does. Guaranteed she has a similar crib sheet she discussed with her management about what she’s sort of image she wants to cultivate and what she’s going to post.
It’s sad though isn’t it that everything on social media is orchestrated nowadays. Everything is fake just to make money. I wish it would all collapse around them so they’d fuck off

Millennial Pink

VIP Member
TBH, I didn't mind her at first but now I'm less interested in her content. She seems to do this 'I'm not like other girls/influencers' thing, but she's... a fucking influencer.

• Haha

DozyDora

Their podcast is exhausting. Talking over each other, high pitched voices, pathetic chat. I had to switch off after 5 minutes. How anyone can listen to that innane, privileged uninformed drivel I will never know.

• Heart