Em Sheldon #7 Flat reno troubles & takouts galore, my bath can’t fit through the door!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agree on all you guys have mentioned; she’s got no innovative ideas when it comes to style, really doesn’t care about her appearance (the hair! 🤦🏼‍♀️) or the quality of what she is buying. I feel she’s stuck in the year she started blogging and has never progressed. Not sure who her target market is. How can she get any kind of job satisfaction from what she does is beyond me.

as for the items for videos and sending them back I bet she’s the worst offender. Didn’t she kick off when asos started monitoring people (influencers) on purely buying for the gram and sending back? This was a few years ago but I’m sure she had something to say about it... funny we’ve not seen much asos of late on her platforms!
Her blog used to be decent, about 5 or 6 years ago, before all she was shilling was aff links. Her posts were quite in-depth and good...she stood out from other bloggers or I just had rose-tinted glasses on. Haha. She was likable at that point. Now she is nothing more than a saleswoman pushing tat.

Reactions: 5
Yes she did complain massively about ASOS clamping down on returns... pretty obvious why! Also any YouTube video she’s done with a Zara or H&M haul the items have the tags on and are never seen worn so it’s clear she’s just ordering stuff to make a video and send back. Which becomes obvious after a while.

her blog was probably on par with peers a few years back but blogging isn’t really popular anymore (a shame in my opinion) and hers looks quite basic compared to others now. Plus it’s just another home for all her aff links 🙄 there’s no interesting posts or opinion pieces.

Years back she had a few Topshop outfits she looked more classy in and worn a lot (like wide leg trousers and white shirt) which was prob the nicest she’d looked because they were normal outfits not tight nylon tit from misguided. she really needs to re evaluate her whole purpose and style. The shilling and showing off free food is not only lazy but it’s not even interesting. Also she needs to stop jumping on every Easter/Valentine’s days/Mother’s Day/Xmas/sale to shill. It’s so damn tiring.

Reactions: 7
All I’m saying if that the house reno inspo of ‘Cali vibesssss’ is not what I’m seeing at all 😂 disgusting old marble and gold bathroom and a boxed in TV? The vision just isn’t playing out to me...

• Haha
Reactions: 6
All I’m saying if that the house reno inspo of ‘Cali vibesssss’ is not what I’m seeing at all 😂 disgusting old marble and gold bathroom and a boxed in TV? The vision just isn’t playing out to me...
We all know that white marble will be stained with tan, the bath will have a brown tan line around and the kitchen cupboards be grubby when her paws get onto them.

back alley calli more like

I think if you follow her on her home account today proves she does little to no “work”.. no normal hard working person can spend all day looking for a bloody worktop. How is she managing to go to a showroom tomorrow when they all should be closed??? The rules work for you when you want them to don’t they x

She's such a twit. There never was a bed ordered was there. It was just all in her scheme to beg for one. bleeping odd job

Reactions: 8
She definitely has duck all to do. She wanders around town all day buying bleeping coffee!
The ads also seem to be coming less often and the brands have tiny followings when she does get them. She just has nothing appealing about her does she. She doesn't target her message at all. I mean who follows Em Shel? And why do they need to see a mixture of dog insurance, vagina wash and wine? What brand is looking at her page and thinking YES THIS IS THE RIGHT PERSON TO ADVERTISE OUR PRODUCT, SHE DEFINITELY KNOWS HER AUDIENCE.

Since Covid i've had a serious cull on the people i follow. Mainly I either like their personality or i like their style and use it as inspiration for myself (normally with stuff i already own). What does she offer? Seriously? She is being used for general brand awareness on certain products and nothing more. So when you are in tesco and see yellowtail wine you might remember that you saw it on her channel. That is it. No one is going to use her for any kind of decent campaign because she is shoddy and tit at her job.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Lolling at Freddy Cousin Brown’s new account for her home Reno; in her stories discussing lead times and the delays she’s anticipating with tradies. Since she’s actually done her due diligence and not jumped in blind. (That said, she could rival Em for Queen of Not Reading the Room, with her constant moaning - latest faux pas is that she has to buuuy clothes to decorate in because she doesn’t own anything rough :cry:). Wonder if Em will get her hands dirty at all?

Anything I see shelboy advertising puts me off! I was actually looking to buy the Kheils overnight oil then saw she had made a video about it, I didn’t even watch the video and have removed the product from my shopping bag!

I can’t see her rolling up her sleeves and getting stuck in to anything if I’m honest. I’d be looking forward to doing some myself (could be that growing up my family didn’t have the money to pay tradesmen so did a lot of work themselves so it’s rubbed off). She’s far too sloppy - do you remember the first few videos when she got the house/flat/apartment? When she was painting plant pots. That looked a right mess!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
God not another basic witch doing a renovation. You can tell work has dried up as they all suddenly want to play inferior designer and flog home products. It’s ridiculous. Em is doing anything at the moment, every day is getting a coffee, aff links, cooking some bloody fresh pasta.

I agree, she won’t do anything! Yessss haha she made a massive deal spraying two pots with white paint so imagine the fuss if she had to paint a wall. I can’t relate at all because I do all my own decorating because it saves money and I prefer to do it than have more tradesmen in my house. My parents also never had many tradesmen in, my dad did so much himself even repairs to the cars etc,

anyone notice the jomalone event she did yesterday she was the only one not on camera and she wasn’t doing the painting exercise. I saw a few other influencers show the event on their stories and they were doing the painting. I think em joins these things and is too lazy to properly join in and again just sells all the PR

Reactions: 8
She's such a twit. There never was a bed ordered was there. It was just all in her scheme to beg for one. bleeping odd job
Clearly the begging is not going well, will absolutely serve her right if the work is finished and she's back sleeping on an airbed. Honestly feel like messaging her telling her to get a grip and at least order a mattress, even if you can't decide on a bed frame....

I really can't deal with how much money she must be spending on the reno. I know that doing work to a house isn't cheap, but she must be spending an absolute fortune on it. She's not even getting that much content out of it - some short vlogs, that are basically her saying i'm excited/ shrieking/ saying how dusty it is. She could be making some content that's actually informative and interesting but instead its just week after week of the same crap.

Her latest grid post is an ad and I genuinely had no idea what it was from the picture, she looks like she’s holding a dog poo bag

• Haha
Also why the hell has she done a pic with food when it has nothing to do with the product... it’s so weird

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She is a one trick pony. Grin next to some rank looking good. Product blurred somewhere in the pic. Thing is it is a great and important campaign and she has to dumb it down with bleeping pancakes and drivel about herself. Also the company should be ashamed picking the least sustainable person to advertise something that is meant to be sustainable.

great points! Like what has the cake got to do with period pants? Why is she grinning? Why is the caption talking about her first period and not the product first and foremost. As you all say this is a serious area about sustainability, period products and making them more appealing to women. Her ad doesn’t nothing to make me want to try them because it’s not even clear what it’s about or the benefits. You have to read all the way down the waffling caption. She’s actually so awful at her job. and there’s no way she wears those pants.... shes holding them with distain!

Lol

Attachments

• Sick
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.