Em Sheldon #7 Flat reno troubles & takouts galore, my bath can’t fit through the door!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All I’m saying is that you can search EMTALKS accounts on google and get access to all her accounts / expenses / etc £££...
to be honest, I can’t make head nor tail of them, business was never my strong point. Am I correct in thinking she has 311K in the bank? And her brother has 24/100 shares and her poor mum has 1/100 shares 😂

Reactions: 3
I’m not sure either as those micro accounts are so light on detail. This link helps a bit https://www.figurewizard.com/how-to-read-short-form-accounts.html

thing is with current assets, it could be cash but also physical objects are are owned by the business. Like I don’t know if she would include the value of her Dyson air wrap in her accounts because she could argue the business owns it and if she sold it it would realise cash. So the truth is we’ll never know what’s in the £311k but I think that figure represents what her business is worth in terms of ‘assets’.

we also dont know what she’s paid herself, mummy and brother as far as I can see?

Reactions: 2
The current assets is her fixed assets (cameras, laptops) cash balance and also debtors (money owed to her that has been recognised as income).

You can't see the profit and loss at companies house. These accounts are also up to the start of the pandemic. Be interesting to see what this year looks like!

Reactions: 5
Good shout about her laptop and cameras Ron. Could easily be a couple of grand alone on those.

don’t get me wrong she’s definitely made a mint somewhere from insta, blogging and aff links. But I’m really interested to see how it pans out post pandemic. Her accounts should be up by end of April by looks of things?

The company will have until January 2022 to post 31 March 2021 accounts. So anytime between April and Jan they will be up.

Yes this is the thing, she was semi original and in the first real era of bloggers to make this lucrative, she had a very good run of it, she just hasn’t invested in herself to grow her content or hone her skills. As someone else mentioned, it is all just so stale now, no real growth for a while.

I think I’ve mentioned this before but she did a podcast in April 2019 and at that time she had 110k Instagram followers, she’s only gained 6-7k in almost two years which is abysmal.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think I’ve mentioned this before but she did a podcast in April 2019 and at that time she had 110k Instagram followers, she’s only gained 6-7k in almost two years which is abysmal.
I just do not understand how it is sustainable, especially with Matt appearing to do duck all. No wonder she is always eating gifted food

I just do not understand how it is sustainable, especially with Matt appearing to do duck all. No wonder she is always eating gifted food
I think she only has money as she doesn't pay for much.

She gets a lot gifted:
Groceries
Takeaway
Restaurants
Hotels
Travel
Gym membership
Haircut and colour
Filler / botox
Nails
Cleaning
Makeup
Body products
Clothes
Etc

She actually has little expenses probably. It is sickening.

Reactions: 4
It would do her a world of good if she just took a whole week off IG to think about her brand and what she wants to do. Her manic stories are never ending she must have no time to sit down and think about where her page and content should go.

It would do her a world of good if she just took a whole week off IG to think about her brand and what she wants to do. Her manic stories are never ending she must have no time to sit down and think about where her page and content should go.
It is obvious she doesn't plan content. It is a messy mish-mash of everything.

More free food tonight Zzzz. Who does she think is interested in what she stuffs in her gob all the time?

Have you seen her stories today, unboxing a pair of Dior sandals that she never showed from her birthday?! I find it hard to believe she has kept them perfectly boxed since then and brought them to the temporary house with her. Surely these would have been affiliate link gold for her by now 🤔

Free food and begging for both followers and freebies on her house account. She needs a break from this. She can’t see how badly she comes across.

Reactions: 4
Have you seen her stories today, unboxing a pair of Dior sandals that she never showed from her birthday?! I find it hard to believe she has kept them perfectly boxed since then and brought them to the temporary house with her. Surely these would have been affiliate link gold for her by now 🤔
I thought same about those sandals. I mean I doubt if she had them for xmas she wouldn’t have sat on affiliate linking them! Also knowing her she’d have worn them out in the snow and rain as she never dresses appropriately! She did a video on some gucci sandals once and we‘ve never seen them again. Oh and some white Gucci loafers. She must buy stuff for a video then sends back?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I thought same about those sandals. I mean I doubt if she had them for xmas she wouldn’t have sat on affiliate linking them! Also knowing her she’d have worn them out in the snow and rain as she never dresses appropriately! She did a video on some gucci sandals once and we‘ve never seen them again. Oh and some white Gucci loafers. She must buy stuff for a video then sends back?
Or sells them online. She openly sells on Depop, some of her clothes. BUt I wouldn't be surprised if she has an ebay account that she gets her mum to sell gifted stuff on.

Reactions: 1
I’m not a designer person at all but am I the only one who thinks those sandals are gross???

I'm not by any means saying that she should be, but she just isn't cool is she. I mean influencers are meant to be innovators and ahead of the curve on fashion, beauty, whatever it is they are influencing. They are meant to see what is going on and bring it to the masses whether it be the current 'in' style of jeans, interiors or whatever. She just has no taste at all. Her pictures are awful, over filtered, colour all over the place and a mess. Her style is just so unstylish. Unpopular opinion here (maybe) but i think she has a nice figure. But that is it. Her skin is good too. Her hair is quite frankly frightening and everything she promotes just screams cheap. She always bangs on about how things are reduced....thats because no one wants them Em. Except you.

And don't get me started on that bed. I thought she was going for minimal cali vibes?!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm not by any means saying that she should be, but she just isn't cool is she. I mean influencers are meant to be innovators and ahead of the curve on fashion, beauty, whatever it is they are influencing. They are meant to see what is going on and bring it to the masses whether it be the current 'in' style of jeans, interiors or whatever. She just has no taste at all. Her pictures are awful, over filtered, colour all over the place and a mess. Her style is just so unstylish. Unpopular opinion here (maybe) but i think she has a nice figure. But that is it. Her skin is good too. Her hair is quite frankly frightening and everything she promotes just screams cheap. She always bangs on about how things are reduced....thats because no one wants them Em. Except you.

And don't get me started on that bed. I thought she was going for minimal cali vibes?!
Her orange skin and white hair give me either Donatella Versace or Trump vibes. Her hair colourist does not like her. Lol.

• Haha
Agree on all you guys have mentioned; she’s got no innovative ideas when it comes to style, really doesn’t care about her appearance (the hair! 🤦🏼‍♀️) or the quality of what she is buying. I feel she’s stuck in the year she started blogging and has never progressed. Not sure who her target market is. How can she get any kind of job satisfaction from what she does is beyond me.

as for the items for videos and sending them back I bet she’s the worst offender. Didn’t she kick off when asos started monitoring people (influencers) on purely buying for the gram and sending back? This was a few years ago but I’m sure she had something to say about it... funny we’ve not seen much asos of late on her platforms!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.