Elle Florence #5 Granny Aesthetics, balancing unemployment and the art of scamming

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think having a shopping ban would be good for Elle. It'll be good for her wallet (and her future inheritance). It'll be good for her channel so she can find some other things to film rather than hauls. It'll be good for her apartment - she has too much clutter already.
Hahaha! Funny that you mention “and future inheritance”. Yes, unlike most people, Elle is already making a dent on it! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Good point, but Elle will always prefer to 'seem' to prove others wrong if actually proving them wrong requires too much effort.
When was the last time she tried to prove others wrong? 😂 When she produced receipts showing her pearls were sourced from struggling Seattle sellers? Or when she took a course on jewellery making? Or maybe when she showed her scarf design process? OH WAIT, she never did any of these because her entire business and youtube persona are built on LIES and misrepresentation. All she ever did was dig in her heels and accuse every critic of being 'unkind' 🤣
BTW, imagine her as a divorce lawyer, telling the other side they're 'unkind' because they accused her client of having an affair 😂😂😂
Good points.

I suppose she's trying to keep up appearances. Conveniently timed fundraiser (but telling her viewers people are angry because she said she's a Seattle local), increased mentions of supporting small businesses and companies that donate to charities (it's not a shopping problem, she's saving the world! ;)). Multiple vlogs of her talking about people claiming she's not a lawyer, or whatever other comments she wants to address (which confused me at first, because I'd never seen any comments). Recently Instagram posts of flowers, mentions of "my friend" (made this mask, planned a hike, etc.), photo frames in the background of an unboxing video (curiously angled to face the camera), soon after comments were posted about her not having friends. And wasn't there a video where she's crafting orders?

People are allowed to move. And not practice law, or to change careers or start businesses. I for one don't have a lot of friends, but if someone were to point that out, I wouldn't care, because I prefer it that way. Her reaction makes me wonder whether she's actually happy. It seems in trying to prove people wrong she's actually bringing attention to the issues and the fact that she either deletes comments and/or people are talking about her elsewhere.

Reactions: 12
You know what’s really sad (re: pathetic) about all of this? Since the beginning of the pandemic I have not seen any glimpses of Elle demonstrating she is a decent person. On one hand I get that she’s an insecure, lonely woman but at the other she is an unapologetically selfish person and a greedy liar. One would think that at the height of the pandemic she would change her mindset and learn to just be open and honest with her viewers but all she does is double down on her lies, deflect, and produce weak, rehearsed content.

Maybe if she were 21-23 I’d give her a pass but she’s already turning 32 end of this year. She’s too old to be acting like this. 😒

Reactions: 16
Good points.

I suppose she's trying to keep up appearances. Conveniently timed fundraiser (but telling her viewers people are angry because she said she's a Seattle local), increased mentions of supporting small businesses and companies that donate to charities (it's not a shopping problem, she's saving the world! ;)). Multiple vlogs of her talking about people claiming she's not a lawyer, or whatever other comments she wants to address (which confused me at first, because I'd never seen any comments). Recently Instagram posts of flowers, mentions of "my friend" (made this mask, planned a hike, etc.), photo frames in the background of an unboxing video (curiously angled to face the camera), soon after comments were posted about her not having friends. And wasn't there a video where she's crafting orders?

People are allowed to move. And not practice law, or to change careers or start businesses. I for one don't have a lot of friends, but if someone were to point that out, I wouldn't care, because I prefer it that way. Her reaction makes me wonder whether she's actually happy. It seems in trying to prove people wrong she's actually bringing attention to the issues and the fact that she either deletes comments and/or people are talking about her elsewhere.
I agree with that. I don't have a lot of friends either. And I'm happier now that I have fewer friends but Elle seems upset when people suggest she doesn't have friends. Which like you said sounds like she's bothered by so either she wishes she had more friends or at least wants us to think she has friends. Which honestly is sad to me, if she only cares that strangers THINK she has friends instead of having genuine friends, just shows she is shallow and only cares about appearances.

Reactions: 14
I just want to point out that Elle’s entire undergraduate law degree plus her university of Toronto masters was the length of a normal undergraduate degree here in Canada/US (four years). All the lawyers I know did four years of undergrad plus three years of law school before being called to the bar. She also does not have a JD, by far the preferred and usual degree for lawyers here in North America.

She took a super easy way out to become a lawyer by Canadian/American standards. If she was planning to practice in Canada, there is no good reason for her to get a foreign law degree when most employers here prefer undergrad degree + JD but Elle probably went to Durham for cheap because she has EU citizenship through Ginette and four years of schooling in total is of course much easier than 7. For the masters program she went to, she didn’t even have to do the LSAT! She might be a lawyer on technicality but I doubt many actually lawyers here respect the path she took. She is not comparable to those who grew up abroad, did their degree there, came to North America and choose to legitimize their degree here to continue their practice. Those people usually come here with years of relevant experience and it makes sense for them to do whatever kind of law degree was offered in their home country. Elle took a easy way into law school because many people don’t even get in to law school here in Canada/US if they don’t have a good undergraduate GPA plus LSAT score but Elle doesn’t seem to have even done the LSAT. I suspect that Elle wasn’t confident she could get into law school here (if you don’t, then you pretty much did four years of undergrad in whatever subject you studied but you can’t become a lawyer at all) and found a loophole in the European system (straight into law school after high school). Fake and lazy at best. Eleanor Florence is a lazy fraud.
100% agree with you! I’m not sure about law, but in medicine, if a Canadian went to Europe for medical school, it’s almost implied that they couldn’t get into medical school in North America. No offense to European medical schools per se. There are only so much prestigious med schools in North America, they have a serious class system going on. People who went to random med school and without a serious work ethic, are considered less.

Reactions: 7
Its obvious she doesn't have friends, but there is a reason for that in her case

I have multiple classmates (women) who are attorneys and they are all still practicing law after 5 years. Why would you even get a law degree when you don't intend to use your legal knowledge to serve clients? People who use degrees as a status symbol they can brag about, rather than as a means to do actual work in that field, annoy me so much. Their school spots should go to people who actually want to do real work in that field.
Long long time lurker, but had to make an account to respond to this.

For context, I did law school in Canada and have worked as a lawyer for a non-profit since I got called to the bar. Imo Elle went to law school to get her MRS. It's clear that she never intended to practice law. She has no passion for it and it shows.

Also, her stats about women in law are at least a decade out of date. Most of the women from my graduating class are in private practice a decade on even after marriage and kids. Some of them are in big firms, but the majority are in small firms or have their own practice. The remainder of the women work with the government. Very few ended up in-house or at a non-profit like me. So, I don't know what she's talking about. I can't stand how she makes an in-house counsel position sound like a walk in the park. A career in law requires hard work no matter where you are, unless you completely lack ambition like Elle. 🙄

Reactions: 17
Loving all the new members who are joining and showing receipts of Eleonore Florence’s shoddy pearls or providing insights about law! Welcome!! 👏😎✨

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Elle has no ambition - that is her problem (well other than to bag a husband - TBH she almost settled for Rick so I'm thinking she's out to get any man, not just a rich guy). She should have just stuck to her MDFA job - let's face it if she didn't have Ginette to fall back on, she would have kept it.

Elle has no ambition - that is her problem (well other than to bag a husband - TBH she almost settled for Rick so I'm thinking she's out to get any man, not just a rich guy). She should have just stuck to her MDFA job - let's face it if she didn't have Ginette to fall back on, she would have kept it.
I think Dickles was a trauma-induced choice after Joe dumped her so suddenly (supposedly out of the blue though it was obvious to us all he had been uncomfortable/unhappy for a while). After everything that messy, short-lived engagement has led to, I doubt Eleanor Florence would settle for a "normal" guy again. She will 100% go back to trying to snag a Chris/Joe or older gentleman who can pay up. That face and lifestyle needs a lot of Benjamins to maintain.

Long long time lurker, but had to make an account to respond to this.

For context, I did law school in Canada and have worked as a lawyer for a non-profit since I got called to the bar. Imo Elle went to law school to get her MRS. It's clear that she never intended to practice law. She has no passion for it and it shows.

Also, her stats about women in law are at least a decade out of date. Most of the women from my graduating class are in private practice a decade on even after marriage and kids. Some of them are in big firms, but the majority are in small firms or have their own practice. The remainder of the women work with the government. Very few ended up in-house or at a non-profit like me. So, I don't know what she's talking about. I can't stand how she makes an in-house counsel position sound like a walk in the park. A career in law requires hard work no matter where you are, unless you completely lack ambition like Elle. 🙄
Welcome.

Lol is your name actually “Vera”?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Elle Florence #6 Gold Digger Downgraded To Pickmeisha

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m enjoying all this legal talk.

Is there a key earlier post/thread that explains Elle’s upbringing/pre youtube life? how is she able to live in the US (does she have citizenship through one of her parents?)

Reactions: 2
I’m enjoying all this legal talk.

Is there a key earlier post/thread that explains Elle’s upbringing/pre youtube life? how is she able to live in the US (does she have citizenship through one of her parents?)
I believe she was born in the US, in Boston?

Reactions: 4
I just want to point out that Elle’s entire undergraduate law degree plus her university of Toronto masters was the length of a normal undergraduate degree here in Canada/US (four years). All the lawyers I know did four years of undergrad plus three years of law school before being called to the bar. She also does not have a JD, by far the preferred and usual degree for lawyers here in North America.

She took a super easy way out to become a lawyer by Canadian/American standards. If she was planning to practice in Canada, there is no good reason for her to get a foreign law degree when most employers here prefer undergrad degree + JD but Elle probably went to Durham for cheap because she has EU citizenship through Ginette and four years of schooling in total is of course much easier than 7. For the masters program she went to, she didn’t even have to do the LSAT! She might be a lawyer on technicality but I doubt many actually lawyers here respect the path she took. She is not comparable to those who grew up abroad, did their degree there, came to North America and choose to legitimize their degree here to continue their practice. Those people usually come here with years of relevant experience and it makes sense for them to do whatever kind of law degree was offered in their home country. Elle took a easy way into law school because many people don’t even get in to law school here in Canada/US if they don’t have a good undergraduate GPA plus LSAT score but Elle doesn’t seem to have even done the LSAT. I suspect that Elle wasn’t confident she could get into law school here (if you don’t, then you pretty much did four years of undergrad in whatever subject you studied but you can’t become a lawyer at all) and found a loophole in the European system (straight into law school after high school). Fake and lazy at best. Eleanor Florence is a lazy fraud.
Thanks for pointing this out. When you mentioned she took the easy way and that many lawyers wouldn't respect the oath she took; it reminded me of the discussions that took place about Kim Kardashian when she announced she would be pursuing a law degree. I remember seeing quite a few people who were going through the normal route of university and then studying for the bar and they found it ridiculous on how she was obtaining her law degree. Not to get off the topic of Smelle but any thoughts on this?

Reactions: 3
Thanks for pointing this out. When you mentioned she took the easy way and that many lawyers wouldn't respect the oath she took; it reminded me of the discussions that took place about Kim Kardashian when she announced she would be pursuing a law degree. I remember seeing quite a few people who were going through the normal route of university and then studying for the bar and they found it ridiculous on how she was obtaining her law degree. Not to get off the topic of Smelle but any thoughts on this?
Personally I'm someone who thinks education is important. Maybe for someone who has worked in the legal world maybe as a paralegal or something for a while and decides they want to do an apprenticeship makes sense esp bc not everyone can afford school. But Kim can pay for school she's got money, so to me it seems like she doesn't want to do something that hard. Not saying apprenticeships would be easy, but it is clearly something she can make more flexible so she can go fly off to wherever for whatever sort of appearance she needs to make. But I'm majorly not a fan of the Kardashians so I think if it was anyone else I'd prob be happy for them and think it was good. But for someone with the means and who doesn't need to work to pay for food/cost of living/ has nannies to take care of their kids it screams lazy way out.

If Elle admitted that she needed either an LLM in US law or to do an apprenticeship to take the bar and actually did it I would have more respect for her.

Welcome.

Lol is your name actually “Vera”?
Thank you!

Nah, my name's not Vera, but it's a relic of the OG Guru Gossip site and I am strangely attached to it... 😋

• Haha
If Elle admitted that she needed either an LLM in US law or to do an apprenticeship to take the bar and actually did it I would have more respect for her.
I agree. As much as I dislike Elle if she admitted she needed more schooling or was doing an apprenticeship I’d take her more seriously and have a little more respect for her. Better yet, I’d have TONS more respect for her if she just admitted that she doesn’t want to be a lawyer and is looking to explore other career opportunities. Instead she is just deluding everyone (maybe even herself) that she can take the bar and maintain that “lawyer” facade....

Actually, wait no, she has been telling viewers she doesn’t want to talk about her professional life because it’s the subject of gossip. 🙄😂 Your freaking channel was built on your “lawyer” image.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.