Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Ladies I know this is unrelated to Elle (and normally I’d post something related but she’s been pretty quiet) but my boyfriend asked me to marry him and I said yes! We’re exploring a move to Amsterdam earlier next year and I’ve started a remote job for now with a company based there and I’m pretty excited and thought I’d share, since I loved all the non-Elle discussions we’ve had recently. 🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Lovebirds

Since Elle has been pretty boring recently I thought I'd share something with you ladies. I'm one of those fools who purchased Elle's pearls when she first launched it. I discovered Elle and her channel when I was a recent grad who just started at her dream job and looking for outfit inspirations. For the first time not being a broke university student and having a bit more money to spend, I decided to buy Elle's pearls thinking it'd be a good investment for my new professional wardrobe. OMG I feel so stupid just typing these words. Anyways. The pearls came and I was stunned by the low quality. As you can see in the first picture, they are all irregular shaped, have visible blemish, and some not even the same colour. There are also these cheap plastic beads that seperate the pearls, and much of the paint on those beads had rubbed off. The picture doesn't do justice to how cheap they look in real life. The third picture is a comparison between her garbage (right) to another pearl necklace of mine (left) which is by no mean expensive nor luxury, and yet they look so much better than hers to my untrained eyes (at least they are all round). The difference is even more apparent in person. Knowing that I spent over $100 on this makes me want to kick myself. I have no problem with her choice of cheap pearls (some of you suspect it's from Alibaba. I just like to add that China now produces many high quality pearls, she's just not using those), but adding a 1000% markup and marketing it as some sort of fine jewelry than can be passed down to your children is a straight up scam.

By the way, I also purchased her stud pearl earrings. The stud fell off on the second wear and I just threw them in the garbage and never bothered. I unfollowed her pretty soon after, but kept this necklace as a valuable lesson to invest in my retirement fund rather than her "investment pieces".

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

Kinifly

Need to preface this with I really did like Elle in the beginning, I found her through a professional outfit video (4 years ago?) She had the best content when she was with Joe. I felt bad for her when she came back from vacation and he left. It all went downhill when she moved to Florida to be with the creepy adjunct professor and started modelling her Express sponsored haul in the cul de sac.

These links are only valid for 7 days. If anyone knows how the exact timeline of these videos, feel free to rearrange the links so it'll be easier for everyone to follow. Thank you to the original poster on GG for saving these gems! 😊

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/ef...aeeea983770ab03e051db1a320200818131848/88d947
Vlogmas Day 1 #Guccimas
Vlogmas Day 2 #Cheesemas
Vlogmas Day 3 #Bakemas
Vlogmas Day 4 #Partymas
Vlogmas Day 5 & 6 #Snowmas #Pearlmas
Vlogmas Day 7 #Sephoramas
Vlogmas Day 8 #Kettlemas
Vlogmas Day 9 #Haulmas
Vlogmas Day 10 #Fufumas
Vlogmas Day 11 #Bagelmas
Vlogmas Day 12 #Poodlemas

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/16...57548f8a9c7709406d2d1ce820200818133857/05be97
Vlogmas Day 13 - #Champagemas
Vlogmas Day 14 - #Hairmas
Vlogmas Day 15 - #Shoemas
Vlogmas Day 16 - #Tacomas
Vlogmas Day 17 - #Giftmas
Vlogmas Day 18 - #Nailmas
Vlogmas Day 19 - #Surprisemas
Vlogmas Day 20 - #Crackermas
Vlogmas Day 21 - #Pastamas
Vlogmas Day 22 - #Sneakmas
Vlogmas Day 23 - #Alohamas

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/38...66bd7944d88ddf297be592a820200818135551/108130
Vlogmas Day 24 #Hawaiimas
Vlogmas Day 25 Ellemas Christmas Special

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/cc...80726591d4d80b7d0893035e20200818143826/7178fb
Vlogmas Day 1 - #Riddlemas
Vlogmas Day 2 - #Tuxmas
Vlogmas Day 3 - #Treemas
Vlogmas Day 4 - #Partymas
Vlogmas Day 5 - #Pearlmas
Vlogmas Day 6 - #Shoppingmas
Vlogmas Day 7 - #Sneakmas
Vlogmas Day 8 - #Candlemas
Vlogmas Day 9 - #Diamondmas

https://we.tl/t-4hHnJ8fgHL
Vlogmas Day 10 - #Nailmas
Vlogmas Day 11 - #Pastamas
Vlogmas Day 12 - #Fishiemas
Vlogmas Day 13 - #Furmas
Vlogmas Day 14 - #Sephoramas
Vlogmas Day 15 - #Coffeemas
Vlogmas Day 16 - #Cornflakemas
Vlogmas Day 17 - #Relaxmas
Vlogmas Day 18 - #Skatemas
Vlogmas Day 19-20 - #Golfmas & #Dollmas
Vlogmas Day 21 - #Travelmas

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/29...4e8d6afcc2b1826795580c9720200818143850/65cbc9
Vlogmas Day 22 - #Beachmas
Vlogmas Day 23 - #Chanelmas
Vlogmas Day 24 - #Bearmas
Ellemas Vlogmas Special 2017

https://we.tl/t-TsV1niduGU
#00 Kauai Island Adventures Vlog
#1 A Week In The Life Of A Girlboss Vlog #1
#2 Big News! - #Girlboss Weekly Vlog Ep. 2
#3 Breaking the Glass Ceiling & Moving In Together

https://we.tl/t-Ho4lZUQzcn
#000 Costco and Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend Weekly Vlog
#4 Girlboss on Vacation Vlog! Ep. 4
#5 Girlboss Weekly Vlog Ep. 5 Gluefinger
#6 Girlboss Weekly Vlog Ep. Fiesta Week

https://we.tl/t-EjGKzAR2nF
#7 Girlboss Sea to Sky Adventures Weekly Vlog
#8 Girlboss Goes Camping! Weekly Vlog
#9 Girlboss x Alpacas - Ontario Vlog

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/e6...395a298052df84e61052d4ee20200818170718/cc5b84
#10 Girlboss Survival Blog
#11 A Very Hard Weekly Vlog
#12 Girlboss Weekly Vlog - Wedding
#14 Ragdoll Kitten Takeover

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/8c...10d8af9b34e833847cb5ed3f20200818163408/832460
#13 Girlboss breakup Joe vlog

• Heart
Reactions: 25

boredstrom

VIP Member
Ok here are my official predictions for Vlogmas videos in 2020!

Day 1: #Napmas
Day 2: #Netflixmas
Day 3: #Treatmyselfmas
Day 4: #Smegmas
Day 5: #Birthdaybrunchomgonly1personshowedupmas
Day 6: #Sulkmas
Day 7: #Haulmas
Day 8: #NewBootsmas
Day 9: #SentalerCoatsmas
Day 10: #Hallmarkmoviemas
Day 11: #Joegotengagedmas
Day 12: #MElletedownmas
Day 13: #Tindermas
Day 13: #Datenightlookbookmas
Day 13: #Datemas
Day 14: #Boyfriendmas
Day 15: #WhatIWearInALowCutWeekmas
Day 16: #Newapartmenttourmas
Day 17: #Furniturehaulmas
Day 18: #Cookmas
Day 19: #Naughtymas
Day 20: #Ringmas!
Day 21: #Bridezillamas
Day 22: #Weddingmas!
Day 23: #UnwEllemas
Day 24: #Divorcemas
Day 25:#Newapartmenttourmas

• Haha
Reactions: 22

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
What a joke for someone who hasn;t been promoted ever from an entry level role to talk about breaking the glass ceiling...
It's breaking the ceiling in Smelley's World, for example:

1. Having a 9-to-5 job with no weekends = #girlboss
2. Managing to stay employed for a few years = breaking the glass ceiling
3. Graduating with a foreign law degree = practicing lawyer/in-house counsel
4. Buying ugly designer on sale = well-dressed and classy broad
5. Clown makeup and pageant hair = beauty and fashion guru
6. Living in an Airbnb = local resident and small business
7. Creepy recently divorced older guy sliding into DMs = love of her life

The list goes on...

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Julianotreally

Does Elle have no female friends she can ask about relationships with? Once I had thought about taking up a job offer in another country to follow a guy. I consulted a female friend. She said to follow my career. If is meant to be, it will happen regardless of distance. If a relationship isn't meant to be, you can be living with him and it still won't work out.

Best advice I ever had.
I agree. She clearly doesn't have any friends. I once told a friend, after much deliberation: "do you have any respect for yourself ?" We were both slightly drunk. She was planning to follow her significant other to the other side of the country. We were all working in big law in Canada but he decided to become a helicopter pilot at 35 and to move to the other side of the country to train. The plan was for her to live with the sister of her boyfriend, an hour and a half away from her office in downtown Vancouver (where she would relocate) and nowhere near him while he was training. She was going to trow away her experience and expertise to be with that guy who kept on finding ways to ditch her. She decided to stay put. Needless to say, the guy didn't make it as a helicopter pilot and my friend is very successful. Every single time I contemplate a life change, she asks me if I have any respect for myself. It is a sobering thought.

Elle doesn't have any respect for herself. Moving to Florida was the ultimate sign. And the proof that she doesn't have any friend

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
That awkward moment when you hire bots to bump up engagement on your video but hire the wrong kind...only Eleanor Florence do would such a thing. 🤣 Remember when Eleonore Florence Lecocq hired bots to join her live chats and ask her questions?

29750F65-2936-47F6-ACD2-389A701D0CC2.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 20

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Continuation of the threads for Elle Florence, Eleanor Florence, Eleanor Lecocq, Eleonore Lecocq (a million different variations of her name to keep the scamming on the DL).

Shoutout to @thecatlass for the title with most votes! 👏👏👏

For new gossipers:
This woman quit her job and life in Vancouver, Canada over a year ago for a shot to marry in Florida and was quickly dumped within months by her ex-fiance Rick (just like how she was dumped by Chris, Joe, Special Someone before him in the past few years). She then moved to Seattle and tried to scam Seattle locals on the Daily Hive by pretending to be a local small business (even though she sources all her cheap materials abroad) while she lived in an Airbnb and dated exhaustively during a global pandemic, because she can't stand to be without a man. She was called out on Instagram by many people who tagged her latest victim, Dean, and he prompted dumped her as well so she's back online and man hunting. This same woman also misrepresented/lied about the truth many times in the past in everything from her job (she's NOT a practicing lawyer or in-house counsel as she claims to be) to her dress size (she buys things that clearly don't fit properly in stretchy materials, squeezes herself into them and claims to be smaller than she actually is) to plastic surgery ("bad root canal" apparently means a new chin). She also sells overpriced jewelry made of cheap materials that she strings together while watching Hallmark romance movies and doesn't offer returns when they break immediately and scarves she claims to design herself even though it's bulk ordered from a wholesaler in Nepal at a fraction of her selling price. Now she has laid her roots in a rental apartment in Seattle while she desperately looks for a guy to pay for her lifestyle like she did with her exes, and she calls herself a "young professional by day" despite the fact that she's over 30 and hasn't worked a real job for well over a year. Hunting for a rich husband has become her full-time gig while scamming her naive viewers (she posts affiliate links for everything and doesn't mention brand names in video descriptions to force you to click her links!) is her part-time hobby.

• Heart

Kinifly

A big thank you to the original poster at GG who posted these videos

Here are some of the vlogmas videos, I will try to post the other videos soon

Vlogmas Day 1 #Guccimas

Vlogmas Day 2 #Cheesemas

Vlogmas Day 3 #Bakemas

Vlogmas Day 4 #Partymas

Vlogmas Day 5 & 6 #Snowmas #Pearlmas

Vlogmas Day 7 #Sephoramas

Vlogmas Day 8 #Kettlemas

Vlogmas Day 9 #Haulmas

Vlogmas Day 10 #Fufumas

Vlogmas Day 11 #Bagelmas

Vlogmas Day 12 #Poodlemas

• Heart

notsoposh

VIP Member
She showed three pairs of diamond earrings. Did she mention which she will be keeping?
And why does this woman need more sunglasses, may I ask?
This is what irritated me the most. She’s definitely not keeping all three of the earrings obviously, so she’s returning either two or all, yet doesn’t provide returns on her own earrings for “hygiene reasons”. Money-grabbing freeloader 😡

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

202leda

I just saw this comment on her Nordstrom video 🙄

View attachment 215030
Aka: I’m unemployed and am too embarrassed to admit I’m not eligible to take the bar in Washington and most states in the US as I was never a practicing lawyer in the first place.

What a cunty reply. That person probably doesn’t even read here. 🙄 Not only that but Elle did say she was planning to take the bar on her first livestream because we kept saying she wasn’t eligible, so it’s not like that question came out of nowhere. Idiot.

• Haha

Katrina_AK_0099

I actually know people who are on Medicaid because not everyone in Seattle works at a large tech company/law firm/actuarial firm/hospital. It sounded classist. There is nothing wrong with having Medicaid.
Agree. There's a bit of a classist element running through Elle's threads here and on Gurugossip. So tired of hearing about how some posters have six figure incomes, partners who work in law/finance, own designer goods, fly business class everywhere, etc. Stop flexing on that shit; it's something Elle would do.

• Heart

Lovely

Chatty Member
About Elle having children, I expect that's just another thing she wants to tick off as something she's 'supposed' to do, but I can't see her as a mother at all for all the reasons people have already pointed out. While she's certainly not too old, if she really does want children she should start making some back-up plans asap because at this rate it's not going to happen anytime soon.

But since I'm in an unusually benevolent mood today, here are some options Elle could use to reframe her girlboss narrative for not having children:

She's heard babies can't eat gud pasta, so what would she feed it??
She's going to donate the money she would have spent raising a child to help support local businesses affected by the pandemic
She can't have a baby because it might damage her European vagina
She has to wait for Halogen to design a maternity range
She doesn't want to make Winston jealous

• Haha

bethannebodyworks

I finally got the chance to watch some of the videos that were uploaded here. This one is the video that is directly before her "Breaking the Glass Ceiling" talk. (What glass ceiling is Elle breaking?! lol)

She talks about the controversy that erupts on her channel due to her saying she is in house counsel. And I quote with my responses:

"So, I got sent an aricle today by a girlfriend and I had a slightly emotional discussion with her about some comments hat were left on my channel, and they were on my last vlog and they honestly made me hesitate as to whether I wanted to do these girlboss vlogs anymore because I guess they tend to be controversial. Maybe this one will be controversial too if you guys are gonna like freak out over something i said, I don't know, but I think the point of them has to be really real about what my life is like. So one of the things that really upset people was that I state fairly regularly in my videos that I'm a lawyer."
People aren't upset that Elle called herself a lawyer. People were upset because it's the optics. If you call yourself a medical doctor that usually means you are actually practicing medicine in some sort of way. To be shocked that people take it that way would be disingenuous because we all know that in common parlance, doctor = someone who practices medicine. In the same vein, if you call yourself a lawyer most people will believe that you are practicing law in some capacity. It doesn't have to mean you are in private practice; you could be working for the government, for a company (aka in house counsel), or otherwise, but it does mean that you use your law degree in some capacity. Sure, if you have a law degree you are technically a lawyer, but a law degree doesn't automatically mean you are working as a lawyer. Just like a medical degree and license means you are technically a doctor, but unless you practice you are not working as a doctor. Elle knows this.

I think I must have mentioned either in that video or somewhere that I am in house counsel and people were just freaking out in the comments. Some people were saying that I was basically like someone at Starbucks who says they are a doctor because they have a medical degree or something like that. And it just really blew my mind that there was still so much ignorance out there about practice and about women working.
This has nothing to do with women working. Elle is spinning her little wheels here to make it about anything but her dishonesty.

And I'm not making it about women just to be sanctimonious.
Yes she is, lol.

I actually wasn't gonna talk about this at all until I saw this article today and it really sort of clarified my feelings on the subject. So in a nutshell like I said I am in house counsel so I was in private practice while I was doing my training and then like many other women—and this article sort of reminded me of that—I left private practice to be in house counsel and it was the right decision for me. I am part of a very large statistic because when you graduate from law school over the last 15 years or so its always been the case that women make up over 50% of graduating law students. And most of them are admitted to the bar one way or another although some do go and do something else right away, but most of the training opportunities are in private practice.
Statistic or not, she is not in house counsel. Facts are facts. Chambers describes in house counsel as follows, "In house counsel are hired by a corporation's law department to handle a range of legal issues affecting the company, among them employment, policy, tax and regulatory matters. More prevalently, they play a managerial role, overseeing work that's been outsourced to attorneys at independent firms."

Elle has never, nor does she, work for a corporation's law department. I know what in house counsel does and so does pretty much anyone who knows anything about law practice. Elle worked for the Mutual Fund Dealer's Association of Canada in an investigatory capacity. Apples and oranges. This person holds the same position Elle formerly did:https://www.linkedin.com/in/sheila-daneshvaziri-298699b/?originalSubdomain=ca. She has no qualifying law degree.

However, five years in for various reasons--life work balance being the main one--about only 66% are left in practice at all. So I'm still practicing, I'm still registered with the law society, I still pay those fees, my work actually pays those fees for me which is lovely. And yeah, so only like about 2/3rd of women remain in practice at all 5 years in, so that's how high the attrition is and how its difficult to be a woman in law, and its part of, I'd say, it's one of the reasons why it's important to me to make these vlogs.
Irrelevant, really. Elle thinks that we think that all law = private practice. That's the complete wrong assumption. We know that not all lawyers work in private practice; it's not the crux of our argument. Our argument is that she is not working as a lawyer as she claims, much less as in house counsel which is a completely different position. Note that there are counsel positions at the MFDA but they are not in house counsel (there is a slight distinction--in house counsel strictly means working for a private corporation in their legal department). The counsel positions at MFDA mean they are in the legal department, as the MFDA has investigatory/legal/enforcement departments, etc. The fact that Elle doesn't even work in the legal branch speaks for itself. She was an investigator, not even counsel.

So, to recap:

In house counsel = working as a practicing attorney for a company (like Nike, Lululemon, or Shell)
Counsel at MFDA = the lawyers who practice law and work for the Mutual Fund Dealers' Association in the legal department, counseling the other departments (enforcement, investigations, etc.)
Investigator at MFDA = not in house counsel

Her job description is JD-optional which means even a non-attorney can do it. The fact that she has a qualifying law degree does not mean that every position she touches is "in house counsel" or "attorney." If Elle worked retail, would she say she is in house counsel for Kohl's?

I feel like they’re meant to be lighthearted but also a bit meaningful.
Because Elle is the posterchild for breaking the glass ceiling and professional advancement, lol.

So yeah, that’s the statistic for 5 years in but then after that I think is the most kind of shocking statistic because around 10 years after that, only about 8% of those women will be made partners. So that means that really when you're looking at private practice and you're considering that as the only way of being a lawyer which is what people were suggesting in the comments and that in some ways if you're not in private practice with clients you are in some way not a legitimate lawyer or you're lying about being in practice which is what was sort of leveled at me, you're basically excluding 92% of women.
Extremely faulty logic for a lawyer. 8% of women being made partners =! the percentage of women who are left in law that are not partners that we do still consider to be working in law. Elle thinks that we think that if a woman is not made partner, she is somehow not working in law? That's irrational. You do not need to be made partner to practice law--why would anyone think that? Also, we know that there are all types of attorneys both in private practice and doing PI work, working for the government, etc. We only object to Elle saying she is in house counsel when she is not and her saying she is a practicing lawyer when she is not.

So, it's just insane to me that that's something that is so widely believed and I feel like TV shows are partly responsible because they only tend to portray private practice as the only real option to practice law. But it's absolutely not the case. In fact, as I've just stated, most women who remain in practice are not in private practice with clients. So yeah I think it's really interesting that's a perspective that still dominates even though it's so inaccurate.
Again conflating the issues. Nobody cares that Elle works for the Mutual Fund Dealers Association. People care that she overinflates her position, lies about it, and vlogs like she is some paragon of women's empowerment.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Katrina_AK_0099

Hahaha she's got a personal stylist?
I did some research. Elle's "personal stylist" is actually a personal stylist at Nordstrom, and has an Etsy store for masks. Elle is making it sound like she's Halle Berry and gets things sent to her home :rolleyes:

I've done the Nordstrom personal shopper experience -- it's not that personal. You book an appointment, fill out a survey online, and then when you arrive they have a fitting room set up with stuff they think will work for you.

Elle used the Nordstrom personal shopper service last year when she was with Rick's family in Colorado during the anniversary sale. Maybe she did the same this year?

• Haha
Reactions: 18

boredstrom

VIP Member
Don't worry about it - it's not for everyone and I don't think people were offended (hopefully!). I would never hike twice a week either regardless of where I lived or how much time I had so I'm with you.

Smelle on the other hand, may need to do that to meet an eligible Seattle man with a fat bank account. It's a popular hobby up there for men with quick clips, which seems right up Eleanor's alley.
Also don't forget this is a gossip forum for an unhinged youtuber who can't get out of her own way when it comes to making life decisions. You can't take much that gets posted here to heart, its meant to be exaggerated for comedic effect.

Right now Elle is trying to become some exaggerated cartoon-like version of a PNW girl to try and snare herself a founder. She's got that Washington state throw pillow with the heart next to her in every video. She's buying fleeces and attempting to be an expert on outdoors food. It all comes off making her look like Socality Barbie, and that deserves to be laughed at, and laugh we shall.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Debbie1633

I’m 39 yo.

in my 20s and early 30s, I really wanted kids. I met my husband when I was 30 and have been married for 4 years now. I found out just late last year that I have fertility issues (I don’t have many eggs left). If I wanted kids, I would have to go through IVF, which would cost $14k per cycle and there would be no guarantee for success. my husband only wanted kids because I wanted kids. He let me make the decision and I have decided to not have kids. One reason is because of how expensive ivf is and the no guarantee I will have a child because of it part.

Another reason I decided not to have children is because the older I get the less I want them. Perhaps it’s because of selfish reasons; I like my life the way it is now. But it’s also because it’s so expensive to raise kids nowadays and the issues going on in america and the world just are not giving comfort to want my child to grow up in this world. It’s hard raising kids in this world. And no offense to anyone with kids but I look at the tweens and teenagers nowadays and I can’t stand them! Haha many kids are raised to be so self centered and entitled.

• Heart

Drasticactions

VIP Member
I don't think ginette has worked for years esp since she was able to move around with Elle after highschool. So for 13-14 years her mom hasn't worked. I think her mom just worked hard and retired early to spend time with Elle.

I think ginette is comfortable and I'm jealous that she's been retired for so long.

I was very fortunate and only had debt from grad/professional school but even with my family support for undergrad and making a good salary now I still can't afford expensive bags , restaurants, and expensive trips and all the things that @svwoodsen suggested that is achievable. I think for some people it is, but for a typical comfortable family in the US it isn't and I think thats why Elle doesn't have that. I don"t really think elle is behind in any of that for her age except maybe saving for retirement , she's definitely been in the position to be able to save for retirement and it seems like she hasn't. A lot of kids I knew from school are physicians now or other well paying jobs and they don't really travel out of the country or if they do it isn't often and they don't wear flashy expensive clothes. i only know a couple people who are flashy and I know (bc they've told me) that they would have to give it all up if they lost their job.

i have two friends who have trust funds and they buy clothes at Kohls (Midwest department store that always has sales) and work pretty humble jobs, they don't do crazy travelling usually and have normal cars and lives. I'm not trying to be mean about this but I really don't think it is normal even for people who compared to the rest of the US are well off to be eating at Michilin star restaurant and staying at 5 star hotels and flying first class everywhere. It is very much the 1 percent or even half percent thing. Other than not saving when she was in a good position to, I don't really think we should judge Elle on what she hasn't achieved in the sense of going to expensive places and casually buying expensive goods. Clearly that's what she wants but what she wants is unattainable even to middle class kids, a lot of it is luck and timing.

I've been reading a lot about meritocracy lately and how damaging it is emotionally so I honestly can't blame ginette for having a relaxed life. And I think trying to judge people on typical views of success is just more damaging than anything. Like my friends who would have to move out of their nice houses and stop buying LV and would have to sell their expensive cars it doesn't really mean they have wealth they just look like they do. Sure they look successful but are they really?

• Heart