Elle Florence #5 Granny Aesthetics, balancing unemployment and the art of scamming

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Chase Amie had a pretty metallic Chanel flap that was a seasonal piece (see attached) but imho, nice enough to "classic." I love the occasional blingy bag myself so nothing against metallics, but I feel like Elle's choices are never quite right.

The YSL isn't hideous but not worth the price (of course Elle wanted a designer bag that was "cheap/on sale" so she didn't care) and I don't think it suits Elle's whole headbands and flowery dresses and pearls aesthetic at all.

1599662051929.png

• Heart
Reactions: 7
This!

Her Tiffany collection is mostly sterling silver and she has a few items from that elsa peretti diamonds by the yard collection, which has the tiniest diamonds ever (and a lot of it is mounted on sterling silver so you know it’s not quality diamonds, which would be on gold or platinum). It’s like Eleanor Florence is out to collect as many pieces from designer brands as possible but doesn’t care at all for quality or actual look of the item. She could've gotten a few very nice items from Tiffany instead of so much sterling silver stuff that all looks kinda bland. What is she trying to prove with all her “designer” clutter?
Most of that jewelry from her Tiffany & Co. video is ugly and overpriced. I am quite partial to Diamonds by the Yard though. I have a solitaire 0.25 carat diamond necklace set in 18k gold that I *never* take off. The diamond is really good quality and a nice size for an everyday, understated piece that I can layer with other pieces. Fully agree though I would never buy DBTY in silver — I think you may be right that the diamonds are smaller and perhaps lower in quality, and diamonds on silver just sounds odd altogether! I didn’t know she had a silver DBTY piece! Her mom also bought her what looks like a knock off DBTY necklace at Bloomingdales in Hawaii that was not cheap, yet she never seems to wear it perhaps because she has to shill her pearls? She has spent so much money on so-so looking overpriced jewelry, including her Lisa Eldridge rings. She should either buy high-quality jewelry from reputable places or have it custom made, but most importantly, she needs to prioritize quality over quantity, something she probably refuses to do because it means not shopping as often!

Reactions: 8
Esp for a cross body bag that's she bought for wearing while she rides her bike, that's the bit of logic I don't understand.
Yeah its almost like backpacks were never invented. Elle doesn't realize this but in some circles in Seattle a fancy backpack is a status symbol.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yeah its almost like backpacks were never invented. Elle doesn't realize this but in some circles in Seattle a fancy backpack is a status symbol.
Can you imagine Eleonore Florence Lecocq, with her big pageant curls, sweating her clown makeup off while cycling with a backpack, a pearl headband (remember that monstrosity from her Rick days), pearl earrings and two pearl necklaces, garish low-cut Eliza J dress, and those Bebe inspired leopard print sneakers with a deranged look on her face? :m

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Can you imagine Eleonore Florence Lecocq, with her big pageant curls, sweating her clown makeup off while cycling with a backpack, a pearl headband (remember that monstrosity from her Rick days), pearl earrings and two pearl necklaces, garish low-cut Eliza J dress, and those Bebe inspired leopard print sneakers with a deranged look on her face? :m
Haha if I couldn't picture that, I wouldn't like Elle so much.

I understand her whole thing is luxury and high fashion, but there's something to be said about having at least a semi-appropriate tool for the job. Imagine being an outdoorsy PNW tech guy who she starts small talk with outside of a coffee shop and trying to make sense of her.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Queue her getting a Fjällräven Kånken

• Haha
Haha if I couldn't picture that, I wouldn't like Elle so much.

I understand her whole thing is luxury and high fashion, but there's something to be said about having at least a semi-appropriate tool for the job. Imagine being an outdoorsy PNW tech guy who she starts small talk with outside of a coffee shop and trying to make sense of her.
Unless she's dating freshly divorced late 40s/50 somethings who haven't dated for 20+ years, I'm guessing any guy worth his salt will look up his dates (esp online ones) on Google. It's gonna be pretty awkward when he discovers Eleanor Florence's multiple plastic surgeries, heavy makeup and scary mug without it, her failed past relationships, spendthrift and scamming ways, and her desperate desire to live off a man's dime.

Queue her getting a Fjällräven Kånken
Don't give her too many ideas! :ROFLMAO:

Also maybe it's different in Europe but here, the backpacks are mostly carried by Gen Z VSCO girls and boys. My partner got me one years ago when they were only popular in Scandinavia but so far, at least here, I've only seen under 20s carry them and myself occasionally. And instagram. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Unless she's dating freshly divorced late 40s/50 somethings who haven't dated for 20+ years, I'm guessing any guy worth his salt will look up his dates (esp online ones) on Google. It's gonna be pretty awkward when he discovers Eleanor Florence's multiple plastic surgeries, heavy makeup and scary mug without it, her failed past relationships, spendthrift and scamming ways, and her desperate desire to live off a man's dime.
she could attract/meet a control freak narc

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Don't give her too many ideas! :ROFLMAO:

Also maybe it's different in Europe but here, the backpacks are mostly carried by Gen Z VSCO girls and boys. My partner got me one years ago when they were only popular in Scandinavia but so far, at least here, I've only seen under 20s carry them and myself occasionally. And instagram. :ROFLMAO:
I think we're safe on that one. Those packs top out at only $200. That's scented candle money for Elle, not bag money.

• Haha
I know this was brought up a few times before but it just bugs me so much that she allows her cats on her dining table and kitchen counter. Every time I see it it just grosses me out. I have a cat myself and I could never imaging my cat sitting on my dining table.

Attachments

• Sick
Chase Amie had a pretty metallic Chanel flap that was a seasonal piece (see attached) but imho, nice enough to "classic." I love the occasional blingy bag myself so nothing against metallics, but I feel like Elle's choices are never quite right.

The YSL isn't hideous but not worth the price (of course Elle wanted a designer bag that was "cheap/on sale" so she didn't care) and I don't think it suits Elle's whole headbands and flowery dresses and pearls aesthetic at all.

View attachment 237695
This bag and the one Sophie bought were both THE IT Chanel bag for the season and they were wise to buy them as there is always demand for them after the season is over and they can sell for more than they paid.
As you all have said, Elle’s bronze sales bag was on sale for a reason.

Reactions: 9
Since Elle has been pretty boring recently I thought I'd share something with you ladies. I'm one of those fools who purchased Elle's pearls when she first launched it. I discovered Elle and her channel when I was a recent grad who just started at her dream job and looking for outfit inspirations. For the first time not being a broke university student and having a bit more money to spend, I decided to buy Elle's pearls thinking it'd be a good investment for my new professional wardrobe. OMG I feel so stupid just typing these words. Anyways. The pearls came and I was stunned by the low quality. As you can see in the first picture, they are all irregular shaped, have visible blemish, and some not even the same colour. There are also these cheap plastic beads that seperate the pearls, and much of the paint on those beads had rubbed off. The picture doesn't do justice to how cheap they look in real life. The third picture is a comparison between her garbage (right) to another pearl necklace of mine (left) which is by no mean expensive nor luxury, and yet they look so much better than hers to my untrained eyes (at least they are all round). The difference is even more apparent in person. Knowing that I spent over $100 on this makes me want to kick myself. I have no problem with her choice of cheap pearls (some of you suspect it's from Alibaba. I just like to add that China now produces many high quality pearls, she's just not using those), but adding a 1000% markup and marketing it as some sort of fine jewelry than can be passed down to your children is a straight up scam.

By the way, I also purchased her stud pearl earrings. The stud fell off on the second wear and I just threw them in the garbage and never bothered. I unfollowed her pretty soon after, but kept this necklace as a valuable lesson to invest in my retirement fund rather than her "investment pieces".

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Since Elle has been pretty boring recently I thought I'd share something with you ladies. I'm one of those fools who purchased Elle's pearls when she first launched it. I discovered Elle and her channel when I was a recent grad who just started at her dream job and looking for outfit inspirations. For the first time not being a broke university student and having a bit more money to spend, I decided to buy Elle's pearls thinking it'd be a good investment for my new professional wardrobe. OMG I feel so stupid just typing these words. Anyways. The pearls came and I was stunned by the low quality. As you can see in the first picture, they are all irregular shaped, have visible blemish, and some not even the same colour. There are also these cheap plastic beads that seperate the pearls, and much of the paint on those beads had rubbed off. The picture doesn't do justice to how cheap they look in real life. The third picture is a comparison between her garbage (right) to another pearl necklace of mine (left) which is by no mean expensive nor luxury, and yet they look so much better than hers to my untrained eyes (at least they are all round). The difference is even more apparent in person. Knowing that I spent over $100 on this makes me want to kick myself. I have no problem with her choice of cheap pearls (some of you suspect it's from Alibaba. I just like to add that China now produces many high quality pearls, she's just not using those), but adding a 1000% markup and marketing it as some sort of fine jewelry than can be passed down to your children is a straight up scam.

By the way, I also purchased her stud pearl earrings. The stud fell off on the second wear and I just threw them in the garbage and never bothered. I unfollowed her pretty soon after, but kept this necklace as a valuable lesson to invest in my retirement fund rather than her "investment pieces".
Thank you for sharing your story!

I have a gorgeous pearl necklace from Costco (not ashamed in the least), and it’s still as opalescent, milky, and the 14k (maybe 18k??) gold separators are still as sparkly and gleaming as the day I bought it. Elle’s pearl scams aren’t fit for a flea market.

ETA: 14k, not 18k. One of the most gorgeous pieces I own, not that I know anything about fashion honestly.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Thank you for sharing your story!

I have a gorgeous pearl necklace from Costco (not ashamed in the least), and it’s still as opalescent, milky, and the 14k (maybe 18k??) gold separators are still as sparkly and gleaming as the day I bought it. Elle’s pearl scams aren’t fit for a flea market.

ETA: 14k, not 18k. One of the most gorgeous pieces I own, not that I know anything about fashion honestly.

Those look really nice! I would totally buy them if I wore pearls but I never do other than the occasional pair of earrings. I always trust Costco because they have a great return policy and very stringent quality controls (heard this from someone whose family are a vendor for costco and was told they always demand quality that's just as good as the largest leading brand, if not better). You can tell a company stands behind their products when they ask for the best from their vendors and have no qualms about reasonable returns.

@Lovebirds: Welcome to the board! Sorry to hear about your poor experience with Elle's Nouvelle Pearl line. It seems pretty in-line with what we've heard from other buyers so I'm not very surprised, but it sucks that you wasted money on her shoddy jewelry and Smelley doesn't offer returns or exchanges. Eleanor Florence is a scammer and she knows it. It's why she deletes and blocks anyone who dares to question her or her products, offers no exchanges or returns, and regularly reads and steals ideas from this threads (i.e.: her new sunglasses/mask chains, moving to Seattle to snag a rich tech guy, etc.).

Her shoddy pearl jewelry, ridiculous prices, and no return policy is really the worst thing about Elle Florence! Much has been said in these threads, but the fact that she is a scammer and essentially robs people of their money is perhaps the worst about her. So sorry this happened to you, @Lovebirds. Thanks for sharing your experience so others may be warned.

• Heart
I wonder if she has found her next victim. Thoughts?
Your profile photo....💀😆

She's definitely looking, but I don't think she's managed to trap a new man yet. I doubt she can resist showing him off, when she put her friend's photo up on insta stories after we joked about her having no friends/only hanging out with potential victims and older karens.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I know this was brought up a few times before but it just bugs me so much that she allows her cats on her dining table and kitchen counter. Every time I see it it just grosses me out. I have a cat myself and I could never imaging my cat sitting on my dining table.
I'm with you on that one. I have a cat and I trained it not to go on tables or countertops. Yes, it takes a while but eventually they understand (whenever my cat, as a kitten, would jump on the table, i just took him off it).

Thanks for posting. Shame you got rid of the faulty earrings, you should have exposed her on Instagram when it happened! Maybe someone else would be spared the utter disappointment of buying her shoddy wares.

BTW, Smelle's suitors don't even need to read the gossip threads to run for the hills. It's enough they take a look at the selection of terrifying avatars we managed to assemble using stills from her videos 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.