Elle Florence #5 Granny Aesthetics, balancing unemployment and the art of scamming

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow so much to catch up on... Been avoiding this dumpster fire for the past month or so.

What in God's name did she let crust on those Silpats... She's had them 5 years and they look like it?! I've had mine for almost that long and no matter how awful the food crusts on them, I wash it off (they are super annoying and time-consuming to clean, which obviously explains why she doesn't). Just like her sweaty scalp... Gross, gross, gross.

Also congrats @svdwoodsen on your engagement! That is so exciting!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
That gold color for the ysl toy loulou is hideous! It’s not a current season color either. She said got it on sale... It’s a pretty affordable bag, not sure why she must pick the most hideous color just to get a discount....

Wow so much to catch up on... Been avoiding this dumpster fire for the past month or so.

What in God's name did she let crust on those Silpats... She's had them 5 years and they look like it?! I've had mine for almost that long and no matter how awful the food crusts on them, I wash it off (they are super annoying and time-consuming to clean, which obviously explains why she doesn't). Just like her sweaty scalp... Gross, gross, gross.

Also congrats @svdwoodsen on your engagement! That is so exciting!
Gotta be a good 3 boyfriends and a fiance's worth of cooking her way into their hearts on that silpat. I wonder if Rick knew his scones had bits of Chris, Special Someone, and Joe on them. Well, maybe he fell for the rouse that SS was him . . .

Also the new handbag is definitely her treating herself, but not the definition of treating we normally use in that context. Elle is treating like you would treat a headache with an aspirin.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
That gold color for the ysl toy loulou is hideous! It’s not a current season color either. She said got it on sale... It’s a pretty affordable bag, not sure why she must pick the most hideous color just to get a discount....
Classic Elle - buying designer on sale or second-handed (nothing wrong with that but she'll pick a hideous color/combination to ensure that she gets a huge discount) and showing it off, but not a single piece actually looks good.

And thank you, @Food4Thought! 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yes, it’s likely she bought it with the money she made from her Nordstrom video. Essentially, when she comes across money, she looks for something to buy. When I come across money, unless there was already something I had already been looking to buy for a long time, I look for where to invest it, and no, I don’t consider handbags investments even though some do appreciate in value over time (though this is never the case for the ones Elle buys!). Did she really need that bag to run errands? Hell no! She has others that perfectly serve that purpose. Oh, and I agree that it’s ugly, hence why it went on sale, Elle! Maybe spend a little more next time and actually get something worthwhile. (To clarify, sometimes one can find amazing stuff on sale. Most of the time, however, it is leftovers that are just not worth it. Elle always lets discounts lure her into buying things instead of spending her money on things that are truly worth it.)

Yes, it’s likely she bought it with the money she made from her Nordstrom video. Essentially, when she comes across money, she looks for something to buy. When I come across money, unless there was already something I had already been looking to buy for a long time, I look for where to invest it, and no, I don’t consider handbags investments even though some do appreciate in value over time (though this is never the case for the ones Elle buys!). Did she really need that bag to run errands? Hell no! She has others that perfectly serve that purpose. Oh, and I agree that it’s ugly, hence why it went on sale, Elle! Maybe spend a little more next time and actually get something worthwhile. (To clarify, sometimes one can find amazing stuff on sale. Most of the time, however, it is leftovers that are just not worth it. Elle always lets discounts lure her into buying things instead of spending her money on things that are truly worth it.)
Do you ladies think maybe her taste is just really bad? I know she loves owning a lot of "designer" so she picks up many questionable things on sale but she's also spent full price occasionally on some really ugly items (that pink Chanel bag with the top handle that she loves) and that Veronica Beard top during the Nordstrom Anniversary sale was hideous and over 200 dollars with a discount.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Do you ladies think maybe her taste is just really bad? I know she loves owning a lot of "designer" so she picks up many questionable things on sale but she's also spent full price occasionally on some really ugly items (that pink Chanel bag with the top handle that she loves) and that Veronica Beard top during the Nordstrom Anniversary sale was hideous and over 200 dollars with a discount.
I honestly think Elle just shops to fill a void and end up getting things that don't suit her / doesn't look the best on her / on sale just because she needs to shop.

Maybe Elle should consider other content and do other things rather than shop. For example, she can take some GIA courses (you can do it online or go to NYC or something). She can go to NYC, explore the city, shoot some videos there of her exploring the city, of her in GIA courses and what she learned, etc... It would be fun, generate good content and good for her self esteem. Instead she is cooped up in an apartment in Seattle, far away from Ginette, shopping on her downtime.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Elle even said she's not a good saver I bet whatever money she's made from her Nordstrom videos and people paying over 200 for her custom sunglass chains is what paid for that bag. BUT like others have said she only saved what 300 bucks? Sure that's a lot of money but if you are already spending over 1k for a bag isnt it worth it to get something you'll actually be able to use and match with your clothes (maybe in a more wearable color)?

I think she doesn't have anything else to do but shop. Mind you I do a lot of shopping too, but I have a job, a savings account, and I put money away for retirement. What is Elle going to do if she doesn't find a man? Or what if she gets married and her husband wants to upgrade and she's left divorced? I don't know what happens after a divorce but I doubt she'd think to get retirement money from him in a divorce.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
What is Elle going to do if she doesn't find a man? Or what if she gets married and her husband wants to upgrade and she's left divorced? I don't know what happens after a divorce but I doubt she'd think to get retirement money from him in a divorce.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Elle believes that her mother will leave her enough money so she can take care of herself. Not wise at all but I can see her thinking that as she’s immature and expects people to take care of her (whether it’s her mother or a man).

I don’t know what it’s like in Canada but here in the US you need to contribute to your retirement because the government won’t take care of you when you become too old to work. There is social security but most of the baby boomers are already using that money (ie, there won’t be any money for us millennials and Gen Z) and even then that money doesn’t even cover basic costs for a lot of people. Maybe this will change as time goes on and the government realizes that there are too many billionaires hogging all the money and not enough middle class but we’ll see if that ever happens in our lifetime...🙄

Anyway if Elle wants to marry an American she really needs to look into marriage laws because they all vary by state. Doubt she considered it and probably thinks the laws are all the same. 😂😂

• Haha
What's the point of keeping her Seattle friend private in her videos if Elle is showing her off in Instagram stories?
Screenshot_20200908-081351__01.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
I haven’t watched it but will take your word for it - it’s been a long time since I went through one of her videos in its entirety. Must’ve been the home tour one.

I know unboxings are the bread and butter of a lot of youtubers’ channels and Eleanor Lecocq isn’t the only one doing these, but it seems kind of tone deaf at this moment given the situation globally and not to mention...hasn’t Smelley been unemployed for over a year at this point? That just makes it extra obnoxious.
I remember watching a recent Sophie Shohet video where she praised the YSL toy bags, so maybe Elle got that handbag idea from her? Regardless, I don’t believe her when she says her handbag preferences have shifted to smaller bags. It’s because she has a lower budget to splurge but still needs content for her channel.

Also, if she does end up filming an updated handbag collection, I wonder if she’ll include ones that didn’t make it to her YouTube channel (Ex. that hideous blue Chanel boy bag). Who knows if she’s purchased other luxury handbags before this YSL toy but those bags just didn’t make “the cut” for sexy YouTube likes.

Reactions: 5
What's the point of keeping her Seattle friend private in her videos if Elle is showing her off in Instagram stories?View attachment 236943
I would be so angry if I was her friend she clearly isn't including them on camera when she vlogs with them bc she's actually hopefully taking into account that her friends want to stay private. But then to show the photos of them is a breach of trust I think.

She is just bragging I think. She wants to keep her private life private when she has nothing to talk about. I'm sure once she has a BF we'll see photos of him in the background too. She's just tired of us saying she doesn't have any friends.

how does one person get to be such an asshole, she has no income and she buys a bag for a grand, I never see her using that mini pink chanel.

Who is footing the bill, we all know she is unemployed.

her vocal fry is off the charts lately

Didn't she say in the vid that she bought this one in Hawaii and it just took a long time to come back into inventory and get to her? I would suspect this is a freakout purchase that mom footed the bill for while Elle was trying to stop the screaming ache of having an engagement fall apart a couple of weeks prior. I am sure her Nordstrom haul money will be spent on something just about as useless or redundant, but I think this one has Rick hangover to blame.

Wobbling down the sidewalk on her $1,000 cruiser bike with her $1000 bag that she bought because it was 'easy to wear crosswise' with her $500 sunglasses bouncing around her neck from a $25 chain she sells for $269 . . . I am so glad to see we're getting our Elle back!

• Haha
What's the point of keeping her Seattle friend private in her videos if Elle is showing her off in Instagram stories?View attachment 236943
I wonder if she has a similar 'gallery' for all men who dumped her ass 😂 Bittersweet memories of her bygone SAHM opportunities.

Also, funny how The Dollz™, whose effort for Smelle's engagement party consisted of buying themed paper napkins and making sandwiches, made it to the 'friendship gallery'. Anyone wants to bet none of these women has a single photo of Smelle in their homes? 😁

As to whether Smelle has any taste or not - OBVIOUSLY SHE DOESN'T. Look at her mother's house. Look at the pearls she's stringing. Look at the way she decorated the flat. Looks at the garish makeup she wears.
Sometimes she accidentally buys a nice piece but that's a rare occasion.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
This thread is so savage and I'm totally here for it. 💀

Smelley deleted some of the bot comments that were sexual and suggestive but kept the ones that went "OMG/fantastic!" and even hearted some of the comments. Conclusive proof that she's paying for bots to increase her video engagement.
7F844C79-796F-43D2-A0D5-6DC2C045811E.jpeg

I honestly think Eleanor Florence Lecocq is gonna become a full-time youtuber/shoddy jewelry seller until she finds a rich guy, and calls it a day when she invariably forces him to propose somehow.

• Haha
Elle wants to be a SAHM with a wealthy (possibly older) husband. But she has no idea what it takes to be a SAHM and housewife. I've known some SAHM who married older richer men and their days are not spent lunching around (although they do eat out for lunch). Their days consist of:

- waking up at 6 am to prepare breakfast, pack lunches, preparing the kids for school
- cooking healthy meals for the family
- keeping the house clean, doing laundry
- educate the kids - take them out to museums, zoos, sports lessons, etc..., chauffeuring them around
- decorating the house for the holidays, etc..

I also know a woman who married a rich engineer who also plants her own vegetables and does great gardening.

Not sure how long Elle can last doing this. Not sure any man will tolerate her cooking or her decorating skills. No man wants to marry a spoilt princess he needs to take care of.

Last edited:
I don't know about you guys but I want to see a Jena Kerr WIWIAW vid. Elle, can you reach out to her about a collab?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
This thread is so savage and I'm totally here for it. 💀

Smelley deleted some of the bot comments that were sexual and suggestive but kept the ones that went "OMG/fantastic!" and even hearted some of the comments. Conclusive proof that she's paying for bots to increase her video engagement.
View attachment 237126

I honestly think Eleanor Florence Lecocq is gonna become a full-time youtuber/shoddy jewelry seller until she finds a rich guy, and calls it a day when she invariably forces him to propose somehow.
She also tried Google paid search ads a couple months ago for a few weeks. I may or may not have purposely clicked on those ad links 10 or so times to drive up her CPC (cost per click). 🙊

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.