Elle Florence #5 Granny Aesthetics, balancing unemployment and the art of scamming

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was watching an old vlog - #2 Big news! #Girlboss weekly vlog ep. 2 - where Elle announces she and Joe found a place to move in together, she says having the extra space will be good for her business and good for her channel, there is an office SHE will be able to use and a great second bedroom SHE will be able to film in. Me, me, me!!

She also mentioned her an Joe living there until they saved to buy a house. She really thought she had it made!

It is an entertaining vlog to watch to compare how much her life has changed 😂

I downloaded the video a while ago, but the link is posted here and on one of the previous threads.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I was watching an old vlog - #2 Big news! #Girlboss weekly vlog ep. 2 - where Elle announces she and Joe found a place to move in together, she says having the extra space will be good for her business and good for her channel, there is an office SHE will be able to use and a great second bedroom SHE will be able to film in. Me, me, me!!

She also mentioned her an Joe living there until they saved to buy a house. She really thought she had it made!

It is an entertaining vlog to watch to compare how much her life has changed 😂

I downloaded the video a while ago, but the link is posted here and on one of the previous threads.
I guess it's hard to save for a house as a couple when one person in the relationship is splashing out on designer bags and clothes on a weekly basis and the other is working their ass off and covering high rent plus bills 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I guess it's hard to save for a house as a couple when one person in the relationship is splashing out on designer bags and clothes on a weekly basis and the other is working their ass off and covering high rent plus bills 😂
But Eleanor Florence is contributing her good “cocking“ in the kitchen and probably elsewhere...!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
And high maintenance tennis bracelets

But Eleanor Florence is contributing her good “cocking“ in the kitchen and probably elsewhere...!
$1000 to burn and she doesn’t care to replace her crusty Silpat mats first

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Her newest video proves that her “blue” Chanel purse is a second hand Luxury bag from a consignment store 🤣🤣 She would’ve made a video and bragged about it if it was a brand new ChAnEl purse.

Smelle thinks she’s so classy, rich, and successful but more than half of her luxury goods are from consignment shops where she probably got huge discounts lol

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Her newest video proves that her “blue” Chanel purse is a second hand Luxury bag from a consignment store 🤣🤣 She would’ve made a video and bragged about it if it was a brand new ChAnEl purse.

Smelle thinks she’s so classy, rich, and successful but more than half of her luxury goods are from consignment shops where she probably got huge discounts lol
Yes like others have mentioned, she also picks really out of style / ugly designs which are priced at a discount for good reason. She is the definition of quantity over quality.

Same goes for clothes and shoes. Discount Designer seems to be her motto in life

If she really had the money, she would have some classic pieces in her collection. Hermes, Chanel classic flaps, lady Dior, classy Manolos or jimmy Choos etc and in neutral colors - not the garish colors she picks because she’s stretching her budget & can only afford sale / out of season

Not to mention the lack of fine jewelry in her collection from reputable stores, especially for a so called jeweler. She kinda has a collection of someone playing house - lots of silver trinkets and mall diamonds.

she’s impatient and a bargain bin shopper, hoarding sale items just to create an illusion - which unfortunately is enough to fool Middle Aged Karens

there’s a reason why she never made it among the luxury youtubers - she doesn’t have good taste nor the funds to buy in-season items that luxury shoppers are looking for reviews for

And there’s nothing wrong with hunting down a bargain, there are plenty of good deals from consignment shops and during department store sale times but even then Elle manages to pick the most hideous designs

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I don't even think she is passionate about luxury/fashion at all. Most luxury youtubers closely follow luxury trends, buy in season bags or at least comment on trends. Elle is simply not curious about new fashion items. How many YSL envelope shaped bags (very 2015) does she need?

Reactions: 13
Even people like Chase Amie and Sophie shohet buy non classic basic bags from chanel. But when they do they get much prettier weird or limited edition bags like pretty pastels or pretty metallic. Amie got an iridescent pink bag that was really pretty and Sophie's had a couple metallic boy bags that were nice (one had oil slick hardware and was iridescent purple and she managed to sell that one at like twice the cost) so there is a market and successful luxury YouTubers can buy fun pieces Elle just always picks the wrong thing.

Reactions: 7

Wait how is “second hand from a consignment store” different from buying something from a site like TheRealReal? She’s filmed unboxings from TheRealReal / similar sites before...

I don't even think she is passionate about luxury/fashion at all. Most luxury youtubers closely follow luxury trends, buy in season bags or at least comment on trends. Elle is simply not curious about new fashion items. How many YSL envelope shaped bags (very 2015) does she need?
Lol don’t forget the chevron! She only had to repeat that 500 times

Reactions: 5
I honestly believe Ginette bought most of Elle's luxury goods that were new - I know Mamma G got the nude Chanel bag (the one she wore to the Vancouver Club party), the LV girolata, the newest YSL crossbody. I think Elle spent her own money on ones from consignment

Also, she is just so short-sighted for buying all that comment/view bots. Once YouTube algorithm finds out (they almost 100% will, given how much tech resources they have and how protective they are with their own view counting/recommendation mechanism) a YouTuber buys bots to comment/boost views, YouTube will penalize that channel buy not recommending/pushing it to user's homepage.

Elle, you're welcome for my two cents. You are almost a first generation YouTuber, don't make such a stupid and rookie mistake.

Reactions: 11
Ugh!! What's with the choppy editing and side to side head bobble....very off-putting!
Why WOULDN'T a dust bag be the correct size for the back that's within it??
That color is terrible!!
Up and above??? Never heard that turn of phrase before.
Yeah, you know when you want to go for a bike ride around Seattle, but need to get your $1000 YSL purse
I wouldn’t be surprised if Elle believes that her mother will leave her enough money so she can take care of herself. Not wise at all but I can see her thinking that as she’s immature and expects people to take care of her (whether it’s her mother or a man).

I don’t know what it’s like in Canada but here in the US you need to contribute to your retirement because the government won’t take care of you when you become too old to work. There is social security but most of the baby boomers are already using that money (ie, there won’t be any money for us millennials and Gen Z) and even then that money doesn’t even cover basic costs for a lot of people. Maybe this will change as time goes on and the government realizes that there are too many billionaires hogging all the money and not enough middle class but we’ll see if that ever happens in our lifetime...🙄

Anyway if Elle wants to marry an American she really needs to look into marriage laws because they all vary by state. Doubt she considered it and probably thinks the laws are all the same. 😂😂
And more than that she IS A very lawyerly lawyer, she already knows ALL the laws! 😂

• Haha
This is actually probably like one of the first of her bags I actually don’t find hideous. Haha. I like the Bronze color personally... I have some shoes that color and it’s a great more splashy neutral for my wardrobe of muted neutrals. Anyway— she’s a bore. I watched a few min and clicked away.

get a job already!! Or actually build a real business instead of just stringing these hideous, overpriced pearls!

I always thought her taste in bags was weird and didn't match with her middle aged style. The metallic Saint Laurent Lou Lou crossbody confirms it. It's odd that she's proud that her style is supposedly timeless but she doesn't have many classic bags. Like instead of a Chanel black classic flap, she has a hideous green chevron flap and the blue Boy bag. It seems like she goes for the off colours, patterns, styles and less premier brands (not that Saint Laurent is cheap - but they're not Chanel, Hermes, Dior, etc) because they're cheaper secondhand. Like Chanel classic flaps and Boy bags in garish colours. And so many Saint Laurent bags, whose edgier and more contemporary vibe doesn't suit her style at all– but their bags don't hold their value so are cheaper secondhand. IMO the out there bags like her green or blue Chanel are for people with the style to actually pull it off and/or the money to have already bought all the classics like WenWen Stokes and Jaime Xie.

Reactions: 10
Yes like others have mentioned, she also picks really out of style / ugly designs which are priced at a discount for good reason. She is the definition of quantity over quality.

Same goes for clothes and shoes. Discount Designer seems to be her motto in life

If she really had the money, she would have some classic pieces in her collection. Hermes, Chanel classic flaps, lady Dior, classy Manolos or jimmy Choos etc and in neutral colors - not the garish colors she picks because she’s stretching her budget & can only afford sale / out of season

Not to mention the lack of fine jewelry in her collection from reputable stores, especially for a so called jeweler. She kinda has a collection of someone playing house - lots of silver trinkets and mall diamonds.

she’s impatient and a bargain bin shopper, hoarding sale items just to create an illusion - which unfortunately is enough to fool Middle Aged Karens

there’s a reason why she never made it among the luxury youtubers - she doesn’t have good taste nor the funds to buy in-season items that luxury shoppers are looking for reviews for

And there’s nothing wrong with hunting down a bargain, there are plenty of good deals from consignment shops and during department store sale times but even then Elle manages to pick the most hideous designs
This!

Her Tiffany collection is mostly sterling silver and she has a few items from that elsa peretti diamonds by the yard collection, which has the tiniest diamonds ever (and a lot of it is mounted on sterling silver so you know it’s not quality diamonds, which would be on gold or platinum). It’s like Eleanor Florence is out to collect as many pieces from designer brands as possible but doesn’t care at all for quality or actual look of the item. She could've gotten a few very nice items from Tiffany instead of so much sterling silver stuff that all looks kinda bland. What is she trying to prove with all her “designer” clutter?

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Lol, I think the only “classic” item she has in her entire bag collection is the Chanel WOC in black caviar...which she bought brand new, oddly enough. Most of everything she has is just dated and or ugly. I don’t know too many tpf members (who are snobby, I’ll admit) who’d be caught dead wearing the GST or medallion tote. I can understand buying one or two seasonal Chanels for nostalgic reasons or if the bag is in your favorite color but not several of them. :rolleyes: I think when she first debuted that green Chanel flap (which upon close inspection isn’t even a true medium large!!!) she said that she loved green which is why she bought it. Umm...ok. Green happens to be my favorite color but since when did Princess Elle ever love green???

And very true about the jewelry. Like someone mentioned before, you’d think that as a “jeweler” Elle would have a curated (Re: SMALL) collection of fine jewelry pieces but instead she mostly has silver and costume jewelry. Nothing wrong with that; a lot of “luxury” Youtubers aren’t into jewelry and only a couple have the lower end fine pieces. But none of those people claim they’re jewelers or are into gemstones like Elle likes to do.

Btw, I kinda liked that bronze YSL, believe it or not. 😂 I have a thing for metallics although I know the finish isn’t for everyone and far from classic.

Reactions: 9
Also, she is just so short-sighted for buying all that comment/view bots. Once YouTube algorithm finds out (they almost 100% will, given how much tech resources they have and how protective they are with their own view counting/recommendation mechanism) a YouTuber buys bots to comment/boost views, YouTube will penalize that channel buy not recommending/pushing it to user's homepage.

Elle, you're welcome for my two cents. You are almost a first generation YouTuber, don't make such a stupid and rookie mistake.
Yep, my husband, who is a computer scientist working in this space, has confirmed this. The algorithm is “robust” (his word, not mine — haven’t used it since I stopped practicing as an engineer 🤣) and a ton of resources are invested in this one feature.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
This is actually probably like one of the first of her bags I actually don’t find hideous. Haha. I like the Bronze color personally... I have some shoes that color and it’s a great more splashy neutral for my wardrobe of muted neutrals. Anyway— she’s a bore. I watched a few min and clicked away.

get a job already!! Or actually build a real business instead of just stringing these hideous, overpriced pearls!
Me too. I like the bag. Not for $1,000 though.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.