Elle Florence #19 Madre, Mère, Moeder and Mum Bringing Up Bébé One Fishing Trip at a Time.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her life and her decisions are just so…awkward. It did not have to be this way lol. 🤷🏻‍♀️

She had so many opportunities (professionally, personally, etc.) True, she’s always been irritating, shallow, clingy, and not that great of a person. But even so, the irony is that the lifestyle that she so desperately wanted was actually within reach. And yet, she just sabotaged herself every step of the way. And now here we are…in a redneck baby trap marriage. It’s bizarre.

IMG_9693.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
You are absolutely right Rosie. If she had just gone back to Vancouver she could have found a nice job, gone to therapy, and eventually found a man who had enough money to give her the kind of lifestyle she wanted. Going to Seattle and immediately getting on dating apps right after Rick canceled their engagement was insane.

I had Covid last week so I had a lot of free time. I watched Elle's townhome tour and noticed she was extremely defensive about taking over her mother's lease. She wanted to let everyone know her mom wasn't supporting her. Can she blame anyone for thinking otherwise? She spent a year unemployed, and she arranged to stay in a very nice Airbnb that her mom was obviously paying for when she first got to Seattle. Why did Elle choose such a nice apartment since her mom was footing the bill? Why did Ginette put Elle's name on her lease on the townhome ? And why did Ginette rent a two bedroom place only to hand it over to Elle anyway? My suspicion is that Ginette had Elle 'takeover' the rental (I do not believe Elle was paying for it) because Elle was dating Fisherman and they both thought he'd be more likely to move in with Elle if she was living in a townhouse. Otherwise what was the point of renting it? Ginette could have stayed in airbnb's when she was visiting.

I have never known a parent who swoops in and takes care of everything the way Ginette does. Helping financially is one thing...but paying for a luxury apartment so your daughter can find a new boyfriend is nuts. Imagine being raised by someone who never tells you no and then being out there in the world where not everyone indulges you. It must actually be hard for Elle because now she's married and is no longer able to live without considering someone else's feelings.

Reactions: 11
I think they're both in it for the long term. I just don't see either of them wanting a divorce. They both knew what they were signing up for with both the marriage & the unprotected sex.

Reactions: 8
I think they're both in it for the long term. I just don't see either of them wanting a divorce. They both knew what they were signing up for with both the marriage & the unprotected sex.
I agree. Elle wouldn't divorce him and he had plenty of off-ramps prior to marrying her and didn't take them. I don't know where people get this idea he's *this close* to leaving her. He's a conservative Christian fishing aficionado in his forties living in Seattle... I don't think his dating life was amazing. Her baby trap was probably just speeding up the inevitable.

Reactions: 13
Elle's track record is just so bad. Not only did she get dumped over and over again but she was always blindsided by it. Chris, Joe and Rick were all sick of her after 5-6 months of living together. I think she got pregnant shortly after Fisherman moved in. Even though he's religious, if her behavior is as off-putting as it's been in the past, I don't see how he could live with her forever. I think they'll have another kid, he will meet someone who has interests that go beyond collecting cashmere and she'll end up divorced.

Usually, when Elle disappears, it's because her relationship has ended, and she wants to show off a new apartment. Her channel should have been devoted to apartment tours. We've learned more about real estate and the rental market than beauty. Hopefully, they're in the process of buying a home and not separating.

Isn't it strange that Elle never had a female roommate experience? All of my friends had roommates in their 20s. You'd split the rent so you could afford to live in the city, plus there was safety in having a roommate. It's an experience she missed out on. We'd work hard, gym hard, and club hard. We also had boyfriends, but we never moved any of them in! You only move in together when the relationship is strong enough to go to the next level.

Her mom really messed up by helping her with housing every time it didn't work out. My mom isn't strict or religious, but she would have cut me off if I moved in with a boyfriend, and I'd still be hearing the I told you so's. Breakups are sad, but Elle put additional stress and heartache on herself with having to move. The 1st breakup/move-out should have been a lesson learned.

She should have never moved in with Joe - no matter how in love she perceived them to be. I think they would have dated longer before eventually breaking up, but that would be a natural progression. Who knows?? They could have remained friends, Elle could've stayed in beautiful Vancouver, kept her career, and met someone new.... an alternate universe. :)

Reactions: 7
Ah, beaver chompers did all right for herself in the end... Baby and big chonky diamond ring. Despite her tenacious self-determination in those categories it's hard to imagine her pursuing much else (except her forever true love, shopping). I wonder how she swings the occasional big purchase like the Max Mara push present (to herself from herself) coat?
It doesn't seem like she has much of an independent income stream.

Reactions: 4
She tries to play it off like she's too busy to vlog but she was elated during vlogmas when she left her house, went to the city and got to use two of her old designer bags. I think she is like most moms who work from home and doesn't leave the house unless it's to get groceries. At least she isn't trying to be a mommy vlogger. It's detestable when people exploit their children for views.

I was thinking about it and honestly even if Elle married someone who fit the image of what she wanted better she'd still end up the way she is now. Just with more money to shop.

Elle doesn't seem to have enough interests or personality to make real connections and friendships. She's just a shallow person. I do think her life seems sad but , even if she had married a rich guy instead of a normal midwest suburban guy , she'd still be like this.

A guy who respects their wife wouldnt be leaving her alone on the weekends to take care of the baby. And if was an involved partner who had a good connection with her, she wouldn't be praising him for the bare minimum . (Wow he bought cheese for you to eat, the bar must be in hell if that's praise worthy). It has never occurred to me to praise my partner for picking up cheese because that's expected in a partnership.

Reactions: 10
What if, as strange as it sounds, an outdoorsy guy is actually Elles type :unsure: She does tend to always go for them...kinda, like 3 outta 5 of her pervious partners that lasted long enough for us to notice, have been outdoorsy with camping, fishing, hiking etc. I am obviously not including Rick in these 3 cos no matter how much he would like convince everyone to the contrary, not having furniture does not count as camping! Also fairly certain Chris wasn't outdoorsy, just rich, which is her other type.
I guess you can have a type but not be that type yourself 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 6
What if, as strange as it sounds, an outdoorsy guy is actually Elles type :unsure: She does tend to always go for them...kinda, like 3 outta 5 of her pervious partners that lasted long enough for us to notice, have been outdoorsy with camping, fishing, hiking etc. I am obviously not including Rick in these 3 cos no matter how much he would like convince everyone to the contrary, not having furniture does not count as camping! Also fairly certain Chris wasn't outdoorsy, just rich, which is her other type.
I guess you can have a type but not be that type yourself 🤷‍♀️

I just assumed most guys in the PNW took advantage of the outdoors and that's why Elle was forced into camping, fishing, kayaking, and hiking trips. She's lucky to have had access to amazing trails and partners who forced her to be outside...her vlogs were somewhat more interesting when she was out in the wild 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I was thinking about it and honestly even if Elle married someone who fit the image of what she wanted better she'd still end up the way she is now. Just with more money to shop.

Elle doesn't seem to have enough interests or personality to make real connections and friendships. She's just a shallow person. I do think her life seems sad but , even if she had married a rich guy instead of a normal midwest suburban guy , she'd still be like this.

A guy who respects their wife wouldnt be leaving her alone on the weekends to take care of the baby. And if was an involved partner who had a good connection with her, she wouldn't be praising him for the bare minimum . (Wow he bought cheese for you to eat, the bar must be in hell if that's praise worthy). It has never occurred to me to praise my partner for picking up cheese because that's expected in a partnership.
I know sometimes in thank my partner for not murdering me (which of course he says shouldn't be a thank you situation) but with so many news stories of men killing their girlfriends/wives it seems good

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Well friends, I think its a wrap! It's been over a month since Elle's last video (which was basically a montage of home movie clips); her business IG hasn't been updated in two years; her subscriber count has been slowly but steadily dropping; her website has had an "opening soon" banner for weeks (presumably for a new launch, though I don't think her dedicated subscribers are even purchasing her merchandise anymore).

As @PrePackingPrep said, her internet sharing days are coming to an end. And honestly, that's okay. I just don't think she's interested anymore now that she's had Gigi. That's not to say that she couldn't still be posting videos - a lot of new moms on YT generate creative, informative, and engaging content. But Elle's channel has been on its last legs for awhile now, maybe its best to just let it go. I wouldn't be surprised if a "goodbye, I'm focusing on my family" video is on the horizon.

• Heart
If they joined the Seattle equivalent of the Vancouver Club, Elle would be vlogging. Her days consist of working fulltime and catering to a man whose hobbies keep him out of the house.
It must have been hard for her to be back in Vancouver hearing about the exciting things her old acquaintances were up to.
Fisherman flies, right? That can be a time consuming hobby. I wonder how often she is stuck at home with the baby while the person who obviously put her on a budget is off on an adventure.

That is an interesting point. Does anyone know how much flying as a hobby would cost? Also how much fishing would be? Just so we can compare.

Reactions: 2
I don’t know for sure how much flying costs, but I do know that the price of jet fuel is exorbitant as is renting a hanger. Two things ever small plane enthusiast needs to pay for….

• Heart
I doubt she's working full time. It does leave us all wondering why she's MIA on her socials. A lot of (regular, non-influencer) people on my feed post more often than she does. Maybe she has a private, personal IG/Facebook. I wonder if Fishy asked her to quit her YT life.