Elle Florence #19 Madre, Mère, Moeder and Mum Bringing Up Bébé One Fishing Trip at a Time.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Continuation of our discussion on Elle Florence, also known as Eleanor Lecocq, Eleanore Lecocq, Eleanor Grumstrup, Eleanore Grumstrup, Eleanore Florence Marie Lecocq and Eleanore Florence Marie Lecocq Grumstrump.

A so-called "young professional" (she's 34... stop) based in Seattle, Eleanore Lecocq Grumstrup is a certified liar, scammer, and exaggeration extraordinaire.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Ok but hang on 34 is still young
34 is still young, but in the context of young professional I don’t think so. Young professional implies to me you are just starting your career in a junior level role. At this point in life most people have 10 maybe more years of working experience. I think after 5 years working experience you can’t really use the young professional line. Elle is just a law professional at this point. The term law and professional applied loosely.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I work in law and people are making partner by 34, so she's definitely way past the young professional point. The young professional label would really only apply to trainees and newly qualified lawyers/associates. I'm in the UK, so it may vary slightly in the US/Canada, but she's now pretty solidly in the established career phase for lawyers (or would be if she had a proper legal job).

Reactions: 11
Ok but hang on 34 is still young
I agree in the context of life but Elle graduated university in May 2011 and started working a few months after that. She's been in her "legal career" for over ten years, so there is nothing young, beginner or new about her professional endeavours.

She needs to grow up, in multiple capacities. The young professional silliness is the tip of her deluded iceberg.

Reactions: 10
Her insta bio should read 'Rent-a-desk attorney by day, scammer & wannabe tradwife by night' :p
---
I agree in the context of life but Elle graduated university in May 2011 and started working a few months after that. She's been in her "legal career" for over ten years, so there is nothing young, beginner or new about her professional endeavours.

She needs to grow up, in multiple capacities. The young professional silliness is the tip of her deluded iceberg.
I agree, 34-year-old is not an OLD person but calling yourself 'young professional' makes others think you just got your first job.
---
Also, can we take a minute to mourn the death of Smelle's fantasy life? 😆 there is no way that Joe or Chris the English troll would have had their wife go back to work 3 months after childbirth ;) Especially if it wasn't a permanent role. I wonder if she watches Hallmark movies while 'reviewing contracts' or whatever she does for a living lol The fact Smelle is back at work is telling, clearly you can't support a family of three (+ Spermbrows) in a rented McMansion on Papa Fish salary.
---
Moving Mt Nordstrom from Vancouver to Florida to Hawaii to Seattle to Bainbridge, renting countless storage units and paying for cat hotels, renting airbnbs in Seattle, wasting months studying for WA bar and paying for it, just to marry a religious hick Fishy was a poor return on investment.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Her longass diatribe about her butcher "hating" her had me rolling. Yes Elle, if you have "a long conversation" about chicken instead of just asking for cutlets like a normal person, you're not going to like the result.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The fact Smelle is back at work is telling, clearly you can't support a family of three (+ Spermbrows) in a rented McMansion on Papa Fish salary.
Not with Elle's insane spending habits. Those white beans in vinaigrette in the video are $20 a can! I'm all for quality food but that just seems excessive. Spend that trust fund on beans and cashmere, Elle 🤣🤣🤣

I doubt her income is boosting the family finances that much, her "job" seems like a part-time casual affair where she does a couple of hours of work a week. More likely she insisted on going back (and getting a nanny) because of her girlboss lawyer delusions.

Reactions: 9
If Elle and Joe had worked out, they would both likely be partners in their own firm (as I think someone said in a previous thread that he now has his own practice) with unlimited earning potential and I'm sure by now they would own a place in Vancouver – probably not a huge house, but a place where she wouldn't have to use peel-off wallpaper. Also, if she had continued to live her Vancouver life, then her YouTube channel wouldn't have stalled so badly and she might have made a decent second income from it to enable her to live the life she actually wanted.

I think that's what continues to be compelling about Elle – her fear of being alone and her desperation to have literally any man in her life was the basis of every terrible choice she's made over the last decade. Even though she's so unlikeable as a person, it's obvious that deep down she is an incredibly insecure person who is simply incapable of being alone or living independently. I've never seen any other YouTuber fail so spectacularly or make such consistently awful decisions, especially given that she had every possible opportunity to succeed in life.

Reactions: 12
I never understood why she didn't have lots of sponsored content, she could of been making bank.

Reactions: 1
Her longass diatribe about her butcher "hating" her had me rolling. Yes Elle, if you have "a long conversation" about chicken instead of just asking for cutlets like a normal person, you're not going to like the result.
She probably talked their ears off about filming herself cooking for a youtube video, I bet the cashier heard all about it too. She likely confused them but I choose to believe the butcher did it on purpose. Not all heroes wear capes.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I never understood why she didn't have lots of sponsored content, she could of been making bank.
Whenever she's done sponsored content, it's always been completely off-brand and inauthentic. Like when she lived with Rick she did a sponsored video for an online thrift shop. She wears cashmere and carries Chanel but suddenly wants someone's old musty Gap dress? Gimme a break. Or when she got sent bedsheets from a random online company and said she loved them. No, you said you loved Frette sheets when you went to the outlet and spent over $500 on pillowcases and fitted sheets.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Wow she’s really morphed into Ginette. I think she’s still really happy because she has a husband and baby, and her ability to convince herself her life is perfect is as strong as ever (even though we can all see it’s a clearance rack version of her Hallmark fantasy).

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I would love to know about Elle's spending habits these days. During her Rick era I remember her making the idiotic statement that she could afford to buy a couple pairs of Valentino shoes per year. I guess she's never heard just because you can doesn't mean you should . She is clearly still shopping a lot but I admit I am shocked that we haven't seen a haul video of mom-friendly designer purses. I am hoping that all of her years of wasteful spending has put a dent in the bank of Mama G.

Reactions: 8
I just am thinking back to when she lived in that townhouse that her mom had been renting on Bainbridge island or whatever and her pantry was so stocked full of pasta and like just everything. Makes me think she just has to shop, for anything and everything. It is one thing for a busy family to have the kind of pantry she did (esp if you stock up on stuff when there is a sale) but it really felt excessive for a couple to have so many boxes of pasta esp when she would always brag about her pasta maker.

Reactions: 5
Makes me think she just has to shop, for anything and everything.
Compulsive buying disorder (CBD) is characterized by excessive shopping cognitions and buying behavior that leads to distress or impairment. Subjects report a preoccupation with shopping, prepurchase tension or anxiety, and a sense of relief following the purchase.

Shopping may occur in just about any venue, ranging from high fashion department stores and boutiques to consignment shops or garage sales.

Reactions: 3