Elle Florence #19 Madre, Mère, Moeder and Mum Bringing Up Bébé One Fishing Trip at a Time.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those old Rick era vlogs are gold. They prove how full of tit Elle is about wanting to keep her relationship private. She loved vlogging with Rick and showing his family. And this was right after Special Someone dumped her. She never showed him. Again, proof that she just goes along with whatever men want. She would love to film the man who begrudgingly married her but he isn't interested.
She was so pretty back then and she seemed much happier than she does now. I had forgotten about how often she went cycling and hiking when she was with Rick. Funny that they never went fishing since Elle claimed to have been doing it since childhood.
It's so funny watching the bridal video knowing she ended up having a shotgun wedding to another man, 7.5 months pregnant :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She was so pretty back then and she seemed much happier than she does now.
Even though she has everything she wanted (husband, baby, McMansion, mountain of cashmere), her light is seriously dimmed compared to her Vancouver days. I thought Rick being an adult and ending their disastrous engagement would make her stop and reflect a bit... nope. It actually made her more delusional and desperate.

Reactions: 13
She didn't seem happy at all in Florida. Much like now, she was convincing herself then she was happy. Peak Elle was in Vancouver with Joe.

Reactions: 11
She didn't seem happy at all in Florida. Much like now, she was convincing herself then she was happy. Peak Elle was in Vancouver with Joe.
Joe-era Vancouver was definitely her peak but I think she was happier the first few months in Florida than she's ever been in Seattle. She was planning a nice wedding (no Costco desserts or maternity wedding dresses), looking for a job and was able to spend the summer travelling with Grandpa Rick. Her time in Seattle has been chasing a conservative Christian dude around fishing spots and then waddling down the aisle pregnant. So depressing.

Reactions: 14
Joe-era Vancouver was definitely her peak but I think she was happier the first few months in Florida than she's ever been in Seattle. She was planning a nice wedding (no Costco desserts or maternity wedding dresses), looking for a job and was able to spend the summer travelling with Grandpa Rick. Her time in Seattle has been chasing a conservative Christian dude around fishing spots and then waddling down the aisle pregnant. So depressing.
I agree, early FL Elle was riding high on getting proposed to. She def seems like one of those women who just wants someone to choose them doesn't matter who. And she was just happy someone chose her. I would've thought getting dumped would've made her realize it is about finding the right person and not just whoever asks first. But now she's in life she made for herself by not being patient. I still think her quitting her job and moving to FL was a big mistake but she didn't bother to try to correct it and went making more mistakes by trying to start over in Seattle.

Reactions: 7
Elle was ecstatic as soon as Rick dm'd her. It was right after Special Someone dumped her and she thought Rick was her happily ever after. She was so happy and confident leading up to her move to FL. Rick had started talking about marriage right away which is what Elle always wanted. She knew he was about to propose and she was going to plan her dream wedding. Those videos show how excited she was about planning a wedding. She wanted the ring before the baby but she wasn't able to find anyone willing to pull the trigger. The life she has now has the components of what she wants. But she knows what she had to do to get it.

I agree that she's never been as happy in Seattle as she was in Vancouver. The reason she didn't move back was because she couldn't face the city after her whirlwind engagement, getting dumped and then not getting that job at her old employer. People fail all the time. She should have just been willing to face it.

Reactions: 12
I agree that she's never been as happy in Seattle as she was in Vancouver. The reason she didn't move back was because she couldn't face the city after her whirlwind engagement, getting dumped and then not getting that job at her old employer. People fail all the time. She should have just been willing to face it.
She really should've swallowed her pride and moved back to Vancouver. Or somewhere new and exciting. Instead she moved to Seattle which is basically Vancouver but with the Cheesecake Factory and American health care. If you're going to live somewhere insanely expensive on your mom's dime, move to San Francisco or New York! Even her big life changes are dull and uninspired 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I think it’s fair to say, Elle does have any imagination or a backbone. From robing the plot of the sisterhood traveling pants to make friends ( pregnant exercise classes anyone) to moving to Seattle (bc this board suggested it) to making mask chains (bc this board suggested it) she only makes moves other people think of and we are all well aware her hobbies and interests shift depending on who she is dating.

Reactions: 9
Where is she? Why no posts, not even a stupid picture of her boy child?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I think Elle's days of sharing on the internet are coming to an end. Vlogmas was her showing what she makes her husband for dinner. She is a shopoholic who was told to budget. They're probably saving up for a house but even if they buy one, Fisherman would probably [rightfully] not want her to show it.
And her life now is not up to the standards she used to have. Everything needed to be luxurious. Remember when she was moving in with Joe and complaining that the bathrooms were outdated? It was the nicest apartment she'd ever had and she was a brat about it. The house they're renting now is far more outdated than that apartment was.
She has nothing to brag about. It looks like her husband has a ton of hobbies that keep him busy and she set herself up for being bored by pretending to love fishing while they were dating. She can't brag about his car like she used to with Chris. I suppose she thinks it's exciting that he flies but honestly, it's just another thing for her to tag along for.

Reactions: 14
Honestly sounds pretty sad to me. I bet she's stuck at home alone with the baby while he's off doing his hobbies. I would feel bad for her but clearly that's the kinda guy he is, and she lived with him before they got married so she must have known right? You'd think she'd have thought about that before getting pregnant? I know a lot of ladies who are now married with kids and eventhough they have full time jobs just like their husband they are still responsible for 90% of the house and child care, while husband gets the weekend off to see his buddies.

Reactions: 8
She probably does most of the cleaning too. Quite a departure from her old life. If only the Elle of yesteryear could have seen her future: cooking dinner for her husband, setting the meal up on a coffee table in front of the t.v. so they can watch whatever he wants.

• Haha
  • Sick
She probably does most of the cleaning too. Quite a departure from her old life. If only the Elle of yesteryear could have seen her future: cooking dinner for her husband, setting the meal up on a coffee table in front of the t.v. so they can watch whatever he wants.
I don't think there is much 'cleaning' going on, knowing what a slob she is haha

• Haha
You'd think she'd have thought about that before getting pregnant?
Elle thinking something through? Hilarious! She has as much foresight as a tortoise. I honestly think she thought having a baby would magically transform her and fisherman into the Hallmark movie couple of her dreams. It's hard to muster sympathy for someone who makes the same mistakes time and time again. She's an idiot.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Where is she? Why no posts, not even a stupid picture of her boy child?
I can't imagine that her husband would be ok accepting money from Ginette's dwindling "fortune" to pay for their living expenses, the way single Elle did. I would guess that learning how to live within a budget and care for an infant have required all Elle's time and energy over the past year.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I kind of wonder if Ginette just isn't helping out with finances bc Elle is now fishy's problem. Might explain why both of them seemed eager for her to get married? Makes me wonder if there was a deal "I will help you out until you get married" just neither of them expected her to have a gunshot wedding at nearly 34. But plenty of people get married in their 30s and 40s so I don't understand elle's need to rush into marriage. But maybe it was more than just societal pressures but maybe her mom was giving her a time limit and funding was going to be cut either way?

Reactions: 3
Funding was going to run out because a finite amount of money always does. Especially if you are spending it at the rate Elle was.

Reactions: 5