Elle Florence #19 Madre, Mère, Moeder and Mum Bringing Up Bébé One Fishing Trip at a Time.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Most law associates don't make $200,000 in the USA. Only the top do - if you're in the top 10% of the class in a top law school. Even then the attrition rate is very high.

Most lawyers are averaging $100,000 in the USA and Canada. So I think Elle made a decent catch. I think Elle was deluded to think she could catch a really rich guy - I mean someone with hundreds of millions of dollars net worth so that she can shop all day, vacation in luxury places sitting in first class flights, etc...I mean Kitty Spencer (Princess Diana's niece) snagged a rich guy and so did Melissa Percy (Duke of Northumberland's daughter) - their guys were worth hundreds of millions to billions. But they married men who are way older (20 years +), divorced with children, etc... What makes Elle think she can snag a guy in his 30s w/o baggage worth a lot of money. And both Kitty Spencer and Melissa Percy are way way better looking than Elle and real aristocrats to boot and their families have real wealth.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Most law associates don't make $200,000 in the USA. Only the top do - if you're in the top 10% of the class in a top law school. Even then the attrition rate is very high.

Most lawyers are averaging $100,000 in the USA and Canada. So I think Elle made a decent catch. I think Elle was deluded to think she could catch a really rich guy - I mean someone with hundreds of millions of dollars net worth so that she can shop all day, vacation in luxury places sitting in first class flights, etc...I mean Kitty Spencer (Princess Diana's niece) snagged a rich guy and so did Melissa Percy (Duke of Northumberland's daughter) - their guys were worth hundreds of millions to billions. But they married men who are way older (20 years +), divorced with children, etc... What makes Elle think she can snag a guy in his 30s w/o baggage worth a lot of money. And both Kitty Spencer and Melissa Percy are way way better looking than Elle and real aristocrats to boot and their families have real wealth.
I doubt she was hoping to marry a multimillionaire. K. Spencer has been in aristocratic circles since she was born and in the UK self-made people with money crave to associate themselves with the landed gentry/the artistocrats, so no wonder she married a wealthy man. I think smelle just wanted to marry a guy who was on track to be a partner at a law firm, a director in some sort of tech company etc. These people make six figures and while she maybe didnt necessarily aim for marrying a man who has a yacht and eleven mansions, she definitely wanted someone who had a prestigious resume, could pay for their future kid(s) to go to a private school (doesn't have to be top one), and for her to not have to work.

Reactions: 7
I doubt she was hoping to marry a multimillionaire. K. Spencer has been in aristocratic circles since she was born and in the UK self-made people with money crave to associate themselves with the landed gentry/the artistocrats, so no wonder she married a wealthy man. I think smelle just wanted to marry a guy who was on track to be a partner at a law firm, a director in some sort of tech company etc. These people make six figures and while she maybe didnt necessarily aim for marrying a man who has a yacht and eleven mansions, she definitely wanted someone who had a prestigious resume, could pay for their future kid(s) to go to a private school (doesn't have to be top one), and for her to not have to work.
I think Elle is so unrealistic. Suppose a guy makes $150,000 USD - that's say $10,000 after tax or so. With a mortgage (houses in Seattle are expensive), that's not that much for Elle to spend if she didn't work. Definitely not blowing through thousands per month she used to in Nordstrom and buying handbags every month. I mean 1 LV or Chanel handbag (and Elle has many luxury handbags) is a months salary.... Not to mention flying business class to vacations.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
If it was the 90s or early 2000s she could live in a Midwest suburb and be a stay at home mom on a husbands 150k salary and live a pretty nice life but it isn't 2000 and she lives in a high cost of living area. Considering finance isn't her strong point and her mom and former boyfriends clearly subsidized her working life she probably has zero clue how far money actually goes.

Reactions: 6
If it was the 90s or early 2000s she could live in a Midwest suburb and be a stay at home mom on a husbands 150k salary and live a pretty nice life but it isn't 2000 and she lives in a high cost of living area. Considering finance isn't her strong point and her mom and former boyfriends clearly subsidized her working life she probably has zero clue how far money actually goes.
That is it. 100%. If she thought she could spend like she was doing back in her glory days while single and working at her mid-level job, of course she would think that marrying an upper-middle class guy (attorney or some comparable profession ) would mean even more spending would be possible. She has utterly zero clue how money works or how far it will or will not go. The girl is living in a delusion. Although the delusion is finally likely to be shattering since she has now trapped herself into facing some harsh truths. Hence the abandonment of her YT channel.

I don't want to watch her crap. Has anyone seen the kitties since marriage and the baby? Are they okay or left at a shelter?

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
The cats are still with them. They can be seen in the background of some videos at times. She has also briefly mentioned them in passing once or twice.
I wonder if Fisherman cleans & scoops the litter tray cos we know Elle for sure doesn't 🐱💻

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I think Elle envisioned a life spending summers at the country club, buying designer bags every month and marrying someone rich enough to pay for private school while Elle could spend her own money however she pleased. Basically I think she was expecting to find a male Ginette; someone to tell her how strong and amazing she is and who would pay for everything.

Elle could revive her channel now if she wanted to. She could easily make videos that appeal to the average middle aged mom: budget-friendly healthy meals, favorite drugstore products, affordable products that are better than expensive ones. The life she has now is not a bad one but it's a far cry from the apartment that used to smell like luxury candles and had a million dollar view. No more La Mer kits. No more $120 candles. She loved showing off and I don't think she's interested in admitting to herself that she's just like everyone else.

If she wanted to make some quick money she could sell those old bags to places like Fashionphile. She works from home and has a baby. She doesn't need the Celine micro or the ugly Fendi strap she bought for it. She could probably make $8-9,000 just unloading those old bags that no longer fit her lifestyle. She could never get all of her money back but omg, what a waste that 'collection' has turned out to be. Between cashmere sweaters and purses she's probably spent over $100,000 and I bet she's still paying off her car.
---
@Keikochan to answer your previous question, if Elle could go back in time I think she would do everything in her power to keep Joe! No daily Nordstrom shopping. No shoving a camera in his face. No taking over the main bathroom. Instead of buying herself diamond hoops, Gucci shoes and a Chanel bag to celebrate a good year of sales, she could have paid for a nice vacation for the two of them...or invested as a sign she was serious about their financial future.
She could still do that now. Sell her hundreds of cashmere sweaters, old Jimmy Choo shoes she will never wear. I don't think she will want to part with any of it though. They're just things but to Elle I think they're a sign of status.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I think Elle envisioned a life spending summers at the country club, buying designer bags every month and marrying someone rich enough to pay for private school while Elle could spend her own money however she pleased. Basically I think she was expecting to find a male Ginette; someone to tell her how strong and amazing she is and who would pay for everything.

Elle could revive her channel now if she wanted to. She could easily make videos that appeal to the average middle aged mom: budget-friendly healthy meals, favorite drugstore products, affordable products that are better than expensive ones. The life she has now is not a bad one but it's a far cry from the apartment that used to smell like luxury candles and had a million dollar view. No more La Mer kits. No more $120 candles. She loved showing off and I don't think she's interested in admitting to herself that she's just like everyone else.

If she wanted to make some quick money she could sell those old bags to places like Fashionphile. She works from home and has a baby. She doesn't need the Celine micro or the ugly Fendi strap she bought for it. She could probably make $8-9,000 just unloading those old bags that no longer fit her lifestyle. She could never get all of her money back but omg, what a waste that 'collection' has turned out to be. Between cashmere sweaters and purses she's probably spent over $100,000 and I bet she's still paying off her car.
---
@Keikochan to answer your previous question, if Elle could go back in time I think she would do everything in her power to keep Joe! No daily Nordstrom shopping. No shoving a camera in his face. No taking over the main bathroom. Instead of buying herself diamond hoops, Gucci shoes and a Chanel bag to celebrate a good year of sales, she could have paid for a nice vacation for the two of them...or invested as a sign she was serious about their financial future.
She could still do that now. Sell her hundreds of cashmere sweaters, old Jimmy Choo shoes she will never wear. I don't think she will want to part with any of it though. They're just things but to Elle I think they're a sign of status.
This is a good point. Aside from trips to see Momma G in Hawaii and the odd camping trip (with La Mer in tow lol), did these two ever go on vacations together?

---
I think Joe would dump Elle no matter what Elle did. She just wasn't his type at all. You can't beg and plead for a man to love you and marry you - you just can't. Even if you get him down the isle, it's no guarantee that you'll be happy.

• Heart
I think Joe would dump Elle no matter what Elle did. She just wasn't his type at all. You can't beg and plead for a man to love you and marry you - you just can't. Even if you get him down the isle, it's no guarantee that you'll be happy.
And who would want that kind of relationship? My husband and I adore each other and it is a very special feeling. I would be so unhappy if I was with someone who provided anything less.

---
Yup, she sees her bags as a sign of status, no doubt about it. I know many people who comment here have luxury bags. To each their own but I will never understand spending thousands of dollars on a bag, let alone multiples! If you need a luxury bag to “look good”, you probably don’t have that much style to begin with.

I agree with this. Elle was so focused on getting married to whoever would have her and didn't care who it was. Being married to the wrong person doesn't bring you happiness. From people I know in bad marriages it is very lonely and isolating to be stuck at home all day with a kid and then having your husband come home and not give a tit about you. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

---
I don't know what's "status-y" about carrying a Chanel bag to go fishing. IMHO it looks nothing but ridiculous.

I don't think making videos of the type you suggested would be a good fit for her. Her natural inclination is to be a luxury You-Tuber - which is fine, there's room for both in the market. Remember how mismatched and off-brand her Thread-Up video looked during her brief stay in FL? No wonder she went straight back to Nordstrom and Sephora hauls as soon as she was single again in Seattle. In fact, even before she landed there - when she was still in HI after Rick disaster, she was delighted to unbox her new YSL bag and to display her new "capsule" wardrobe (it didn't remain "capsule" for long). God, if I was unemployed, with no income, no place to stay, not even knowing where I'll end up, no reasonable employment prospects (she went back to Vancouver to re-apply for her old job but was rejected - a clear indication she was hardly a stellar employee) - buying a new designer bag and shopping for new clothes would have been the last thing on my mind.

So I guess she just up and disappeared? Her last post on IG was in November.

Reactions: 3
Looks like she just updated her website with new items. Maybe we'll be getting a launch video soon?

• Haha
and the beaver teeth!!
Beaver teeth, insane filtering, lumpy granny sweater... Elle is back to normal! Only thing missing is Joe's tennis bracelet.

Speaking of Joe, he announced his engagement about a year ago. I bet they're busy planning an elegant, tasteful, classy wedding and fabulous honeymoon. Contrast that with Elle hiding her baby belly with flowers at the wedding and her honeymoon in Italy featuring a toddler... so romantic and relaxing 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Beaver teeth, insane filtering, lumpy granny sweater... Elle is back to normal! Only thing missing is Joe's tennis bracelet.

Speaking of Joe, he announced his engagement about a year ago. I bet they're busy planning an elegant, tasteful, classy wedding and fabulous honeymoon. Contrast that with Elle hiding her baby belly with flowers at the wedding and her honeymoon in Italy featuring a toddler... so romantic and relaxing 🤣
It was extremely romantic! The current luff of her life bought her cheese! He's such a good boy!

• Haha
Reactions: 9