Elle Florence #18 From Joe to Rick, now married to a hick: husband at last, baguette arriving fast 🥖

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be fair, it could be a college student she hired off Craigslist for $20 an hour. This is Eleanore Lecocq, after all, queen of insinuation, exaggeration and half-truths. Even if they hired a real nanny, I guarantee Ginette is covering the expense.

Elle also made a reference to a Zoom call, so I guess she's still "working" at her odd lawyer job. No way she's putting in forty hours a week.
She also referred to doing "attorney work". That is a very strange way to refer to your work. I am an attorney, and my work is just work just like everyone else. If I called it attorney work, I think people would laugh in my face.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
She started the video complaining about her greasy hair. Yeah, you didn’t use to have greasy hair because you paid people to wash and blow dry it during your lunch break, you idiot. And she was like, maybe it’s looking flat because of Zoom. Wtf?! Why is she so damn annoying?

and I couldn’t resist…

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Ooof that Father’s Day caption is SO cringy?? She better get a handle on her issues and realize not every milestone is about her. Do we think she’s going to end up resenting poor Gigi for having a father in her life when she didn’t??

Reactions: 4
Watching this video, I was trying to think of the words to describe how she is a bit of a contradiction of herself, and my husband blurted out "she half asses everything!". And, I think he was spot on ...what made me think about it was how she was sloppily cooking that meal, which didn't seem to match up to this whole persona of wanting to cook these meals from scratch in the first place. Like to me, the person who makes the point of cooking what she did here from scratch (rather than making a simple skillet meal) is also a perfectionist and would be more precise about the strawberries, be more careful with the bread, etc. But yeah she half asses doing what she sees as perfect all the time ....half-assed matching up with a husband, etc.

Reactions: 7
Girlboss fixed her hair, put on a dress and more makeup before Fisherman got home. Imagine trapping someone and having to live with the knowledge that they only married you because of the baby. That's the life she created for herself.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Girlboss fixed her hair, put on a dress and more makeup before Fisherman got home. Imagine trapping someone and having to live with the knowledge that they only married you because of the baby. That's the life she created for herself.
I think you are right. She did all of that for his benefit. I wonder if he actually wants a 1950s housewife or if she's just assuming that's what he wants and does all that in hopes of keeping him from leaving? Just such a sad way to live to me. Always being on the defensive bc you actually aren't secure in your relationship

Reactions: 5
-Not a fan of the blue linen spandex blend top. Looks too similar to PJs to wear on a video call.

-The video was a little underwhelming but scratched my itch for Elle waxing lyrical about ordinary things or even outright flops. How many minutes did she spend defending her bread loaf failure, the amount of blush on her cheeks, the chocolate dipped strawberries? She drones on and on about how *really! it's actually sooo good even though they're obviously misshapen/burnt/overdone.* There's this superiority-inferiority complex going on when she talks. Also, I have a feeling she thinks the way she talks passes for some sort of Rick-level erudite discussion. How was she as a college instructor? Has anyone ever looked if she had reviews on ratemyprofessor?

Watching this video, I was trying to think of the words to describe how she is a bit of a contradiction of herself, and my husband blurted out "she half asses everything!". And, I think he was spot on ...what made me think about it was how she was sloppily cooking that meal, which didn't seem to match up to this whole persona of wanting to cook these meals from scratch in the first place. Like to me, the person who makes the point of cooking what she did here from scratch (rather than making a simple skillet meal) is also a perfectionist and would be more precise about the strawberries, be more careful with the bread, etc. But yeah she half asses doing what she sees as perfect all the time ....half-assed matching up with a husband, etc.
-Yes. This. She wouldn't be spending so much time defending her work if she put in the effort in the first place. Or you know, just followed the recipe. So much time and money wasted with so little to show for them. But that doesn't stop her from showing off and thinking she's some sort of domestic goddess.

-Can someone make a new thread? I'm too nervous about messing it up.

Reactions: 2
-Can someone make a new thread? I'm too nervous about messing it up.
I tried to make one after reading the instructions hyperlinked on this page, but I don't have the orange "Post Thread" button it refers to. Maybe I have to be a "more advanced" Tattle member to make new threads?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.