Elle Florence #18 From Joe to Rick, now married to a hick: husband at last, baguette arriving fast 🥖

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So is it weird that Eric seemed willing to be in his ex’s social media but seems to be adamant about keeping off Elle’s?? I mean I get being generally not featured but the fact that even the wedding photos are strategically sans Eric’s face is weird to me. Maybe he’s embarrassed by her?

Reactions: 10
She mentioned going to church and is wearing a cross necklace and weirdly mentioned a “community”. She’s definitely drunk the Kool-aid Fishy’s been making.
Just jumping in to point out that however murky Elle's ancestry may be, her mom is at least Belgian and likely grew up a little Catholic. Going to church on Christmas Eve/midnight mass is something vaguely Catholic people just kind of do. It's not a sign of some major shift in her life, I'm not even sure it's Fishy's influence. My (actually Catholic French Canadian) grandma always took us to midnight mass. My (raised Catholic but not at all practicing) mom kept taking us after she died. Even now that I don't live in the same province as my mom, I still try to go to midnight mass because it's just kind of a nice warm and fuzzy Christmas tradition - and I was definitely raised areligious by said Catholic mom and my Jewish dad. She probably went to Christmas mass because her mom is in town, nothing more.

Reactions: 8
So is it weird that Eric seemed willing to be in his ex’s social media but seems to be adamant about keeping off Elle’s?? I mean I get being generally not featured but the fact that even the wedding photos are strategically sans Eric’s face is weird to me. Maybe he’s embarrassed by her?
Personally I always thought it was weird, but other people didn’t think so. To be fair the ex isn’t a “public figure” unlike Elle who is likely to attract random strangers following her pages, so he probably didn’t think much of it when his ex would post photos on her social media.

Just jumping in to point out that however murky Elle's ancestry may be, her mom is at least Belgian and likely grew up a little Catholic. Going to church on Christmas Eve/midnight mass is something vaguely Catholic people just kind of do. It's not a sign of some major shift in her life, I'm not even sure it's Fishy's influence. My (actually Catholic French Canadian) grandma always took us to midnight mass. My (raised Catholic but not at all practicing) mom kept taking us after she died. Even now that I don't live in the same province as my mom, I still try to go to midnight mass because it's just kind of a nice warm and fuzzy Christmas tradition - and I was definitely raised areligious by said Catholic mom and my Jewish dad. She probably went to Christmas mass because her mom is in town, nothing more.
But why would Elle mention going to church now? Why not before she met Fishy?

Also I’m not even sure if Fishy’s Catholic or his family likes Catholics. Some Christians are very prejudiced towards Catholics.

Also the person who married them is a Methodist minister. If being Catholic mattered to Elle (if she is Catholic), why not have a Catholic priest marry them?

Reactions: 10
Going to church on Christmas Eve/midnight mass is something vaguely Catholic people just kind of do. It's not a sign of some major shift in her life, I'm not even sure it's Fishy's influence.
Prominently wearing a crucifix, following conservative Christian influencers who talk about living in a God-honouring way (no sex before marriage... ooops!) and talking about the "community at church" is quite a step up from Christmas mass with grandma. She might be vaguely Catholic but she's never mentioned any of this before and it feels phony and like a desperate attempt to pivot into conservative Christian homemaker influencing 🤮🤮🤮

Reactions: 14
Personally I always thought it was weird, but other people didn’t think so. To be fair the ex isn’t a “public figure” unlike Elle who is likely to attract random strangers following her pages, so he probably didn’t think much of it when his ex would post photos on her social media.

But why would Elle mention going to church now? Why not before she met Fishy?

Also I’m not even sure if Fishy’s Catholic or his family likes Catholics. Some Christians are very prejudiced towards Catholics.

Also the person who married them is a Methodist minister. If being Catholic mattered to Elle (if she is Catholic), why not have a Catholic priest marry them?
Vaguely Catholic here (family is, went as a child due to both grandmothers insistence , but am not religious now)

I learned when one of my Catholic classmates got married at some cool old monastery in Miami that apparently you can't get married outside for a "true" Catholic wedding. And it HAS to be in a church. You can have a "blessing" outside but you still need a ceremony inside a church. This classmate had a live stream of her wedding and flew to Italy for engagement photos. Apparently where they married is one of the few places you can have a Catholic wedding outside. I guess the monastery grounds are ok? It looked really beautiful.

Reactions: 5
I agree. And from what others here have said/ found out about her, she sounds like a genuine person. I can't figure out how he went from her to someone like Elle.
Well if they were together summer 2022 and by fall he was with Elle maybe she caught him in a vulnerable rebound position. Just like Joe, only Eric didn’t see through her after a few years. He’s older maybe he was just ready to settle down, Elle is decent enough, and he was done looking.

• Heart
  • Sick
I think it's Elle not wanting to show Eric, she was same with special someone.
I think it's Elle not wanting to show Eric, remember she said she wanted to keep her personal life more private.

Reactions: 4
I think it's Elle not wanting to show Eric, remember she said she wanted to keep her personal life more private.
Ever since Joe she has been trying to keep private her relationships. I think being online was on of the reasons Joe gave Elle for the breakup. Joe will always be the one that got away for Elle, so she doesn’t want to make the same mistake. Rick was an exception but he enjoyed the attention like Elle and had his little channel before Elle.

• Haha
My pet theory is that he was on the verge of or actually dumped her around the time of that Florida fishing trip, and that's why she was completely silent around then for an entire month, and only popped back onto YouTube to announce a scarf collection and pregnancy. We all know she will usually at least show off a meal she's having, the hotel, or the view of a sunset on her instagram stories even if she's too lazy to make a video. He only came back cause of the baby and now he's stuck with Eleanor whereas his ex was probably not interested in babytrapping him. If he's as religious as her newfound love of the church is pointing towards, then he definitely married her because of the baby. Having a kid out of wedlock, especially with someone you're dumping or about to dump, would be pretty embarrassing for a conservative Christian man,

Reactions: 20
I can see it now....Elle, Eric, Gigi and Ginette at their first church fish fry together

---

I think that is him? If so he's better looking (imo) than the others she's lay with 🤣
He looks like the third Kratt brother lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Elle is going to start 'wrapping' baby Gigi, based on her Instagram follows.

Do her Nouvelle Apparel scarves not hold up to the task? She "designed" the ratio of silk and cashmere to be the strongest, after all 😂😂

• Haha
I wonder if she's gonna go all classically Abby?

---

Should correct myself, Abby is Jewish. But the whole "be classic" and "let men have the role of leading the family" while paradoxically making money running your own buisness and not seeing that they are using things that feminism has given them while still talking down about feminists

Last edited:
  • Heart
Not showing his face does not make her personal life private. She shows and discusses plenty other personal stuff on her channel. Heck, it's ALL personal. It's not like she has a professional life...

I wonder if she's gonna go all classically Abby?
Classically Abby is insufferable but Elle has already followed some of her nutjob advice.

Abby has proclaimed that conservative women view marriage as a life goal and they don't date casually like other women. Hmm sound familiar? Once married, Abby tells us all energy and time must be spent on the husband and children. Leggings are inappropriate, especially for married women, and the goal should always to make your husband and children look good. Never draw attention to yourself and especially not through professional achievements or makeup/hair/style. Have a fabulous garden or bake a cake to feel achievement. Maybe that's why Elle quit working and is pulling back from YouTube? Wouldn't want to outshine fisherman or draw attention to herself.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Not showing his face does not make her personal life private. She shows and discusses plenty other personal stuff on her channel. Heck, it's ALL personal. It's not like she has a professional life...
Good point, I wonder why she won't show his face then 🤔

Reactions: 3
I think whoever had the theory that fishy was on his way out when their "happy accident" happened is right. It makes the most sense.

Fishy was on the rebound and didn't maybe plan on staying long term. Hence the "don't want to be on social media". Elle was secretive about Rick until she was sure he was gonna propose. I think she'd have shown fishy and also not hidden his stocking name during vlogmas (and maybe would've shown his face in the engagement shoot) if it was her who had suggested not showing him online.

I think he wasn't planning on this becoming a permanent thing and he didn't feel like he could leave bc of the baby. And bc he was the one who said he didn't want to be on social media , she can't show him.

Just a thought. I could be wrong but that makes sense to me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.