Elle Florence #18 From Joe to Rick, now married to a hick: husband at last, baguette arriving fast šŸ„–

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wouldn't take booking a wedding in a church as a sign of being religious. I think she just wanted the traditional church wedding and found a place open to everyone. Some places will require you to meet the priest but you don't need to regularly attend, just say you're Christian and pay the fee.

In any event wearing a crucifix is quite a leap from booking a church wedding. Will the next video be her favourite bible verses? She's nuttier than peanut butter.
She will start attending bible studies to have a sense of community, the ladies will love her and feel they have help saved her. That's the problem with someone like Elle when your have no core sense of self your open to anyone's manipulation.

She was meaning Ā« sharing a birthday with Jesus Ā» maybe who knows this girl is crazy!

You canā€™t tell at 3 weeks! Sounds desperate to have a girl with light colored eyesā€¦.
I wonder why as her own eyes are so dark.

Reactions: 5
I just have to step in here for a moment. Plenty of people marry outside of their belief system, whatever that may be. My husband is an atheist and I have deep spiritual beliefs. We completely respect one another and have had zero issues over these differences. Neither one of us was desperate, as your post seems to imply we would have to be in order to tolerate each other.
And thatā€™s fine and your right. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø As for myself I grew up in a religious household and I spent years trying to undo the emotional damage that it caused me. As a result I donā€™t want to be with someone who is deeply religious, whatever that faith may be. In any case, Iā€™m speaking more along the lines of Elle who seems to be very flippant with her own belief system, although who knows, maybe she was secretly hiding her religiosity to her viewers this whole time. šŸ˜’

• Heart
Reactions: 17
And thatā€™s fine and your right. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø As for myself I grew up in a religious household and I spent years trying to undo the emotional damage that it caused me. As a result I donā€™t want to be with someone who is deeply religious, whatever that faith may be. In any case, Iā€™m speaking more along the lines of Elle who seems to be very flippant with her own belief system, although who knows, maybe she was secretly hiding her religiosity to her viewers this whole time. šŸ˜’
I suppose she maybe has no baggage attached to religion, doesn't seem like she grew up in the church so she's happy to go with the flow if they aren't devout.

Reactions: 9
Never forget how Elle insisted Ginette was more Italian looking than she was or something like it was an insult in a vlogmas video. Elle would be foaming at the mouth to give birth to a blonde blue eyed child with ā€œpale European skin.ā€ I donā€™t even want to go into what that all impliesā€¦
Elle's obsession with pale skin and Northern European heritage has racist undertones. Don't forget she also posted about the COVID-19 vaccine being like the Nuremberg trials, the DAY after International Holocaust Remembrance Day. Her contribution to the racial reckoning in the wake of the George Floyd murder was "I'm not very educated in the topic so I don't think I should post".
Now she is following racist, homophobic and misinformation influencers on Instagram.

• Sick
Reactions: 14
Am I crazy but is fisherman really good looking? He looks good in some pictures online of him with a blonde girl šŸ¤”

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Am I crazy but is fisherman really good looking? He looks good in some pictures online of him with a blonde girl šŸ¤”
You are crazy lol. I think heā€™s average. He has a big forehead. I think if you anyone saw him on the streets you would not like two. To me, he is same level as Joe.

Reactions: 6
i've finally come out from the shadows to rant about Elle because after following and watching her for years, i genuinely don't get her and i think turning to faith is just the last thing i expected. she always came across as spoilt and a little bratty, but had some decent recipes and seemed like a nice enough, well educated vlogger that was harder to find in the mid 2000s.

how could someone who really had life handed to them manage to fall so far? i remember her talking about growing up in a really affluent area of victoria (BC), going to law school in the uk (talk about foreign student fees), doing her internship in hong kong and getting a really prestigious masters in toronto. we had really different styles and i always thought she was a bit of a brat, but she was different from the cookie cutter beauty gurus that moved to LA to sell me rebranded colorpop or morphe makeup.

i dunno, it just makes me sad that an educated, bright woman who really had the world as her oyster (pearl pun intended) -- managed to make so little of herself. what about friends, or cultivating a rich inner life? what about taking her fashion/jewelry brands to the next level and creating an aspirational lifestyle for her customers? stringing together pearls is one thing but she's limited to the economies of scale, with her social media account she could have created something bigger than herself, a company with a luxury vision and a unique balance in the fashion world.

anyways, thanks for letting me lament. it's a shame because i think at one point i was really cheering on for her, as narcissistic and vapid as she is. even though she was a monster with Joe, heartbreak usually leads to an intense period of growth yet in her case it was stagnation and then regression. i worry about her daughter growing up in a conservative environment and for her sake i hope she finds a way to protect her baby and guide her through life.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I saw photos of Eric fisherman on his ex's insta before she deleted them and he just looked like a normal guy? I'd put him in the same category looks wise as Joe, but I think Joe was a little cuter maybe? The fact that he was into Elle enough though just takes any guys attractiveness down a bunch of notches for me

Reactions: 11
I also think her lifestyle pivot comes down to the fact that she was not succeeding in her original path of career/businesswoman, and rather than grow and do some soul searching after making mistakes, she's choosing another, untrodden path in which to try to "win." "Win" in her mind = having admirers, no matter who they are or what they admire her for, as long as she gets to shop and show off.
She's coming up short in the showing off these days, so we'll see how it goes!

Reactions: 14
I saw photos of Eric fisherman on his ex's insta before she deleted them and he just looked like a normal guy? I'd put him in the same category looks wise as Joe, but I think Joe was a little cuter maybe? The fact that he was into Elle enough though just takes any guys attractiveness down a bunch of notches for me
I agree that Joe > Eric, only because from the back view (engagement photo), Eric could pass for Rick :LOL:, including the weird overly hairy arms. Not to mention, the constipated butt look in the wedding photo (she couldn't even pick a photo where her own husband looked decent).

A Tattler once commented that Eric was a dollar store version of Paul Rudd. I thought that was pretty accurate.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
how could someone who really had life handed to them manage to fall so far? i remember her talking about growing up in a really affluent area of victoria (BC), going to law school in the uk (talk about foreign student fees), doing her internship in hong kong and getting a really prestigious masters in toronto.
How could she fall so far? Because she is vapid and probably quite lazy. Most people who have had everything handed to them have no reason to develop any grit or drive. Also, getting an expensive education does not necessarily make a person "educated." She is about as simple as they come.

ooo! Random Easter egg in the vlog about her grandma passing away when she was very little. This may explain Ginetteā€™s non-working as she probably inherited enough to support their household of 2.

Reactions: 8
He literally does look like a fisherman from the Midwest. Lol

What do we think: How long until Elle gets Gigliā€™s ears pierced?

Maybe a new line of tiny pearls for babies will be her next collectionā€¦

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I think that is him? If so he's better looking (imo) than the others she's lay with šŸ¤£
He must have started dating Elle fall 2020. In his ex's summer highlights they are in Eric's car and it has beige interior and looks like a porche. He really is Rick 2.0 didn't Rick have an old porche SUV too? Maybe that's why Elle was so adamant about serpintino being beige too? One of her vlogmas 2020 videos she's in a car with beige interior and it was before she got her Alfa Romeo. So they've been together for a while. Longer than she made it seem like at least

Reactions: 8
He must have started dating Elle fall 2020. In his ex's summer highlights they are in Eric's car and it has beige interior and looks like a porche. He really is Rick 2.0 didn't Rick have an old porche SUV too? Maybe that's why Elle was so adamant about serpintino being beige too? One of her vlogmas 2020 videos she's in a car with beige interior and it was before she got her Alfa Romeo. So they've been together for a while. Longer than she made it seem like at least
No, she's admitted they were dating in fall 2020. On her wedding Instagram post someone commented "I didn't even know you were dating!" and Elle snarkily replied "I haven't been single for over two years". Seems like she was a bit defensive and didn't want anyone to think this was a baby trap quickie wedding!

• Haha
He must have started dating Elle fall 2020. In his ex's summer highlights they are in Eric's car and it has beige interior and looks like a porche. He really is Rick 2.0 didn't Rick have an old porche SUV too? Maybe that's why Elle was so adamant about serpintino being beige too? One of her vlogmas 2020 videos she's in a car with a beige interior, and it was before she got her Alfa Romeo. So they've been together for a while. Longer than she made it seem like at least
Wow- I wonder if there was some overlap then or did she catch him on the rebound?? He looks decent enough- his ex is rather pretty, no??

Reactions: 13
Wow- I wonder if there was some overlap then or did she catch him on the rebound?? He looks decent enough- his ex is rather pretty, no??
I think the ex is pretty. She seems to have good life, lots of friends and travel. I'm happy for her!

No, she's admitted they were dating in fall 2020. On her wedding Instagram post someone commented "I didn't even know you were dating!" and Elle snarkily replied "I haven't been single for over two years". Seems like she was a bit defensive and didn't want anyone to think this was a baby trap quickie wedding!
Oh ok! I must have missed that (or forgotten) thank you!

ooo! Random Easter egg in the vlog about her grandma passing away when she was very little. This may explain Ginetteā€™s non-working as she probably inherited enough to support their household of 2.
Sounds like grandma died when Elle was a young child living in Montreal. Ginette then used the money from the will to buy the home in Victoria and get Elle set up in private school. Also Elle has mentioned her (dead) "godfather" who likely included her in his will.

Unless grandma/godfather had a huge nest egg I don't see any of the money trickling down to Gigi. Private school and foreign universities aren't cheap and Ginette/Elle have blown tens of thousands on bags, shoes and cashmere.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.