Elle Florence #18 From Joe to Rick, now married to a hick: husband at last, baguette arriving fast šŸ„–

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she doesnā€™t want to show him on social media because sheā€™s embarrassed by him. I mean theyā€™re living in a rental thatā€™s probably 75% paid for by Ginette. He isnā€™t giving her the lifestyle Joe did and she doesnā€™t wanna show it. I mean wearing the jewelry from your ex???? Itā€™s bizarre. If Joe called her up, sheā€™d move back to Canada in a heartbeat.

Reactions: 10
I think she doesnā€™t want to show him on social media because sheā€™s embarrassed by him. I mean theyā€™re living in a rental thatā€™s probably 75% paid for by Ginette. He isnā€™t giving her the lifestyle Joe did and she doesnā€™t wanna show it. I mean wearing the jewelry from your ex???? Itā€™s bizarre. If Joe called her up, sheā€™d move back to Canada in a heartbeat.
He's better looking than Joe, lifestyle and money wise he isn't it for her I know. If anything he downgraded.

Reactions: 1
LOL that is so cunty. Elle knows what her subscriber means. She's just so damn thin-skinned.
I agree, she knew 100% what that person meant and it was an innocent comment. She's clearly embarrassed about her life and it enrages her when people mention it. Get off the internet if it's that triggering! Anything that isn't fawning praise results in her lashing out and getting angry. What an ugly, entitled brat.

Reactions: 7
I agree, she knew 100% what that person meant and it was an innocent comment. She's clearly embarrassed about her life and it enrages her when people mention it. Get off the internet if it's that triggering! Anything that isn't fawning praise results in her lashing out and getting angry. What an ugly, entitled brat.
It enrages her so much because she too misses her Vancouver life.

Reactions: 11
It enrages her so much because she too misses her Vancouver life.
Absolutely, she strikes like a wounded animal at any reminders of how her lifestyle got so drastically downgraded. She fell from daily strolls along bustling, cosmopolitan downtown Vancouver, several blowdries a week, nearly daily Nordstrom shopping, Country Club lunches, upscale Yuppy events, boat trips with Dolls, lounging around Hawaiian beaches several times a year and shopping for designer accessories at Ala Moana mall (on her mother's dime) - all the way to dining at fast food restaurants (and pretending she likes it), living in an ugly rental in a remote suburb, having hardly any or no friends, her hubby coloring her hair (after her blonde fiasco), her only shopping trips being to Trader Joe and Wallmart, carrying her Chanel bag... to go fishing, trips to Redneck Riviera with hubby's fishing buddies (what did they talk about, how many fish they caught?) If my lifestyle took this downfall - I would've been in pain, too.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Absolutely, she strikes like a wounded animal at any reminders of how her lifestyle got so drastically downgraded. She fell from daily strolls along bustling, cosmopolitan downtown Vancouver, several blowdries a week, nearly daily Nordstrom shopping, Country Club lunches, upscale Yuppy events, boat trips with Dolls, lounging around Hawaiian beaches several times a year and shopping for designer accessories at Ala Moana mall (on her mother's dime) - all the way to dining at fast food restaurants (and pretending she likes it), living in an ugly rental in a remote suburb, having hardly any or no friends, her hubby coloring her hair (after her blonde fiasco), her only shopping trips being to Trader Joe and Wallmart, carrying her Chanel bag... to go fishing, trips to Redneck Riviera with hubby's fishing buddies (what did they talk about, how many fish they caught?) If my lifestyle took this downfall - I would've been in pain, too.
And her mom sold the Hawaii condo, so no more place in Hawaii to escape to.

Reactions: 6
Agreed. It would be one thing if Elle was genuinely into suburban living, fishing, and the simple life but we know she isn't. This is the girl who did daily shopping at Nordstrom, was a Vancouver Club member on mommy's dime, and paid someone to wash and dry her hair! She had her coworkers include a photo of Chris' Audi convertible on her birthday cake at age 25 and now we're supposed to believe that she's satisfied with a suburban rental house filled with her own furniture because the man doesn't have any when she's almost in her mid 30s? Her current life isn't objectively the worst thing ever but it's so far from what she truly wants, and that's not even factoring in how she had to baby trap fisherman.

To be honest, if her goal is to be a SAHM, she may be better off with Fishy :p In his conservative worldview, he may be totally ok to be the sole breadwinner. Sure, he won't cover her expensive shopping habits, but might be fine to pay 100% of bills, rent, food. That allows her to spend whatever she makes off youtube adsense/ jewellery shilling entirely on herself. Whereas previous dudes she's been with probably required some degree of financial contribution on her part, be it participating in rent or going 50-50 on grocery shopping. So at the end of the day present arrangement may not be as detrimental to her finances as it seems, particularly from the standpoint of a lazy person like her - she no longer has to go to her 9-5 office cubicle job etc. She just Coasts all day and browses Nordstrom website while Spermbrows is busy changing baguette and dealing with her colic.

To be honest, if her goal is to be a SAHM, she may be better off with Fishy :p In his conservative worldview, he may be totally ok to be the sole breadwinner. Sure, he won't cover her expensive shopping habits, but might be fine to pay 100% of bills, rent, food. That allows her to spend whatever she makes off youtube adsense/ jewellery shilling entirely on herself. Whereas previous dudes she's been with probably required some degree of financial contribution on her part, be it participating in rent or going 50-50 on grocery shopping. So at the end of the day present arrangement may not be as detrimental to her finances as it seems, particularly from the standpoint of a lazy person like her - she no longer has to go to her 9-5 office cubicle job etc. She just Coasts all day and browses Nordstrom website while Spermbrows is busy changing baguette and dealing with her colic.
I don't know if her ego will let her not practice law in the loosest form possible.

• Haha
I don't know if her ego will let her not practice law in the loosest form possible.
If she is now following all these tradwife influencers, surely she will understand that being self-sufficient and having any sort of career is an insult to the master, akhem, husband, because by having a job you're suggesting he cannot provide for the family :šŸ˜œ

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Elle's life in Florida was somehow less sad. She was obviously unhappy but at that point there was a little hope because no one knew what was next. Her future is making casseroles for church potlucks. They will exclusively structure their vacations around fishing. There will be marital problems and when he works up the nerve to suggest that maybe Ginette not spend so much time at their house, BOOM, another 'surprise' pregnancy. Elle's done. The next significant event in her life will be using another child to try to keep her husband from divorcing her. I don't know enough about him to guess whether he will leave her or not but I would never fault anyone for wanting to get away from Elle.
When was the last time we saw Elle truly happy? I can honestly say I've never seen her as elated as she was when she would go shopping in Hawaii. Even having Gigi didn't illicit the same level of joy.

Elle's life in Florida was somehow less sad. She was obviously unhappy but at that point there was a little hope because no one knew what was next. Her future is making casseroles for church potlucks. They will exclusively structure their vacations around fishing. There will be marital problems and when he works up the nerve to suggest that maybe Ginette not spend so much time at their house, BOOM, another 'surprise' pregnancy. Elle's done. The next significant event in her life will be using another child to try to keep her husband from divorcing her. I don't know enough about him to guess whether he will leave her or not but I would never fault anyone for wanting to get away from Elle.
When was the last time we saw Elle truly happy? I can honestly say I've never seen her as elated as she was when she would go shopping in Hawaii. Even having Gigi didn't illicit the same level of joy.
Such a good point.

The Elle we see today is such a stark contrast to the smug woman we knew in Vancouver. Baguette probably doesn't seem to bring her that much joy because her daughter is tied to her baby trap. Even if the fisherman is delusional, Elle knows that she got pregnant by "surprise" and that's why the fisherman married her. It wasn't because he was excited or wanted to be with her for the rest of his life. Even if Elle wanted marriage above all else, deep down she knows what really happened and there must be a Hallmark part of her that's sad about it. Not to mention, fisherman and his lifestyle is not what Elle truly wants. She wants the lifestyle of YouTubers like LVLover or Fleur DeForce but she barely managed to snag a boring, thrifty fisherman on her hook and now has to adjust her expectations, possibly forever.

Such a good point.

The Elle we see today is such a stark contrast to the smug woman we knew in Vancouver. Baguette probably doesn't seem to bring her that much joy because her daughter is tied to her baby trap. Even if the fisherman is delusional, Elle knows that she got pregnant by "surprise" and that's why the fisherman married her. It wasn't because he was excited or wanted to be with her for the rest of his life. Even if Elle wanted marriage above all else, deep down she knows what really happened and there must be a Hallmark part of her that's sad about it. Not to mention, fisherman and his lifestyle is not what Elle truly wants. She wants the lifestyle of YouTubers like LVLover or Fleur DeForce but she barely managed to snag a boring, thrifty fisherman on her hook and now has to adjust her expectations, possibly forever.
Whatā€™s sad is that she could have easily had that life of LVloverCC or FleurDeForce or that attractive Doll friend who married a rich guy 10 years her senior if she were just honest about that from the get-go. Honest to the prospective men she was meeting on dating apps and to herself. Instead she had to delude herself and those guys that sheā€™s a hot shot lawyer with several side ā€œbusinessesā€. Now look at where it got her. The guys that wanted a white collar career woman realized what a fraud she is so she got desperate. Sheā€™s married to some ordinary conservative/libertarian guy whoā€™s family is religious and rural and couldnā€™t afford her dream engagement ring. Her marriage reception was held in a meeting room meant for conferences and they donā€™t even own the house theyā€™re living in. The only upside was that she finally became a mother and doesnā€™t feel the need to work anymore now that sheā€™s married. He may not be a straight up loser like Rick but why would you have kids with someone whose life isnā€™t what you wanted or dreamed of? Maybe itā€™s just easier for me to conceptualize this because I donā€™t want children, but I think if I did Iā€™d want them to have the best life or have kids with someone whom I loved deeply and had many shared interests with. I would feel so sad for her if she wasnā€™t such a Karen.

Reactions: 12
Whatā€™s sad is that she could have easily had that life of LVloverCC or FleurDeForce or that attractive Doll friend who married a rich guy 10 years her senior if she were just honest about that from the get-go. Honest to the prospective men she was meeting on dating apps and to herself. Instead she had to delude herself and those guys that sheā€™s a hot shot lawyer with several side ā€œbusinessesā€. Now look at where it got her. The guys that wanted a white collar career woman realized what a fraud she is so she got desperate. Sheā€™s married to some ordinary conservative/libertarian guy whoā€™s family is religious and rural and couldnā€™t afford her dream engagement ring. Her marriage reception was held in a meeting room meant for conferences and they donā€™t even own the house theyā€™re living in. The only upside was that she finally became a mother and doesnā€™t feel the need to work anymore now that sheā€™s married. He may not be a straight up loser like Rick but why would you have kids with someone whose life isnā€™t what you wanted or dreamed of? Maybe itā€™s just easier for me to conceptualize this because I donā€™t want children, but I think if I did Iā€™d want them to have the best life or have kids with someone whom I loved deeply and had many shared interests with. I would feel so sad for her if she wasnā€™t such a Karen.
Same. I don't want kids. But I can't imagine having them with someone who I didn't love deeply and who I didnt trust. I feel like having kids and not having a job makes you double vulnerable to financial abuse. Why do that with someone who you don't trust esp if you aren't in the financial position yourself to leave if things go to tit. I remeber going to pampered chef parties as a kid with my mom and hearing women talking about financing plans so they can hide their purchases from their husbands.

Just seems miserable. I wouldn't want someone telling me how to spend or not spend "his money" all while doing unpaid labor taking care of his home and his kids. I think Elle thought about being a stay at home mom and didn't think about the downsides of it. If things get rough and she and Gigi need to leave an abusive situation does she have enough savings to do that? What if mama g gets sick and passes away and there is no money left to escape?

Even if things don't go to tit, do you really want to raise kids with someone you barely tolerate? How is that good for your kids to be around?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Same. I don't want kids. But I can't imagine having them with someone who I didn't love deeply and who I didnt trust. I feel like having kids and not having a job makes you double vulnerable to financial abuse. Why do that with someone who you don't trust esp if you aren't in the financial position yourself to leave if things go to tit. I remeber going to pampered chef parties as a kid with my mom and hearing women talking about financing plans so they can hide their purchases from their husbands.

Just seems miserable. I wouldn't want someone telling me how to spend or not spend "his money" all while doing unpaid labor taking care of his home and his kids. I think Elle thought about being a stay at home mom and didn't think about the downsides of it. If things get rough and she and Gigi need to leave an abusive situation does she have enough savings to do that? What if mama g gets sick and passes away and there is no money left to escape?

Even if things don't go to tit, do you really want to raise kids with someone you barely tolerate? How is that good for your kids to be around?
Smelle is doing no unpaid labour. She is getting Spermbrows to do it all and later they can sit back and lick jam off knives.

• Haha
Remember a Joe's colleague's (?) wedding she attended a few years ago, a probably deleted vlog that one of you ladies posted recently? A fancy affair at an upscale venue with probably 150-200 guests, luxurious decor, elaborate music and entertainment? Little doubt she was taking mental notes on how to plan her own soon-to-happen (in her imagination) wedding to Joe. If at that time she could look a few years into future and see that her long-awaited wedding would be shot-gun in late stages of pregnancy, take place in a converted conference room with bare-bones furnishings and hardly any decor, welcome barely 30 or so guests, those being groom's family visiting from countryside in a fly-over state, his fishing buddies and maybe some colleagues, and on her side only her mother and maybe a friend or two, and feature a dessert table comprised of supermarket cakes - she would have been devastated.

Well, that's what happens when a presumably mature, well-educated woman makes an insanely reckless decision to abandon her secure job, established life and familiar surroundings to pursue someone she barely knows across the continent.

I also never wanted kids but I always wondered if I would feel differently if I ended up trapped in a loveless marriage. Luckily, that didn't happen, but I thought if it did, I could see how someone may want a kid because the relationship with the kid may be something to fill the void still left despite marriage.

I mean, TBF, there are people who donā€™t marry the ā€œluffs of their livesā€ (lol), but even in those marriages thereā€™s at least some companionate compatibility and shared values. My friendā€™s marriage is like that. She doesnā€™t have passion for her husband and vice-versa, but they get along due to their shared values, respect each other, and lean on each other for support. Maybe some consider that settling, but to me thatā€™s a great marriage! Better than some of the toxic dramatic couples Iā€™ve seen, lol. Anyway, Iā€™d like to think that most people (both those in ā€œsoulmateā€ and non-passionate marriages) choose to marry someone they feel ā€œat homeā€ with and is like their best friend. Iā€™m not sure I get that with Elle, though. It just seems soooooo left field when Elle started to adopt right wing beliefs, fishing, and shopping at Walmart. She shopped at Walmart when she was young, but really, unless you were exorbitantly wealthy, who didnā€™t shop at Walmart in their early 20s/late teens?!

Unless Fishy rocked her socks off when they first met, you canā€™t convince me that this is someone sheā€™s deeply in love with or would have even considered having anything in common with had she kept her yuppie Vancouver standards. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I mean, TBF, there are people who donā€™t marry the ā€œluffs of their livesā€ (lol), but even in those marriages thereā€™s at least some companionate compatibility and shared values. My friendā€™s marriage is like that. She doesnā€™t have passion for her husband and vice-versa, but they get along due to their shared values, respect each other, and lean on each other for support. Maybe some consider that settling, but to me thatā€™s a great marriage! Better than some of the toxic dramatic couples Iā€™ve seen, lol. Anyway, Iā€™d like to think that most people (both those in ā€œsoulmateā€ and non-passionate marriages) choose to marry someone they feel ā€œat homeā€ with and is like their best friend. Iā€™m not sure I get that with Elle, though. It just seems soooooo left field when Elle started to adopt right wing beliefs, fishing, and shopping at Walmart. She shopped at Walmart when she was young, but really, unless you were exorbitantly wealthy, who didnā€™t shop at Walmart in their early 20s/late teens?!

Unless Fishy rocked her socks off when they first met, you canā€™t convince me that this is someone sheā€™s deeply in love with or would have even considered having anything in common with had she kept her yuppie Vancouver standards. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Itā€™s just kinda sad that sheā€™s never had a true sense of herself, so she just morphs into whatever she thinks people want, female friendships included. She convinced herself these men were ā€œthe oneā€, built up these personas and showcased it to the world time and time again. So she can make all of the excuses she wants but her behavior tells on her every single time. Now that sheā€™s married and has a baby I do sincerely hope fishy stays for the long haul and smelle realizes that you canā€™t fake marriage and parenthood.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.