Elle Florence #18 From Joe to Rick, now married to a hick: husband at last, baguette arriving fast 🥖

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think whoever had the theory that fishy was on his way out when their "happy accident" happened is right. It makes the most sense.

Fishy was on the rebound and didn't maybe plan on staying long term.
I don't know... he moved into Elle's townhome though. That's not a fast track to marriage/baby but it's also not something most people would do if they considered the relationship a simple rebound/casual situation. Obviously the baby trap was deployed to secure marriage but I also don't think she trapped some guy who was nothing but a fling/casual relationship.

Reactions: 8
Random dumb thought but maybe Eric was Elle's destined future beau post-Rick. You can't pronounce Eric without Rick after all. 😜

She's currently with a fisherman so her Mr. Next will be a man... any man.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I don't know... he moved into Elle's townhome though. That's not a fast track to marriage/baby but it's also not something most people would do if they considered the relationship a simple rebound/casual situation. Obviously the baby trap was deployed to secure marriage but I also don't think she trapped some guy who was nothing but a fling/casual relationship.
A lot of men on the rebound are happy to move in with a new girlfriend because they don't have to be alone, and get the benefit of companionship, sex, and other things taken care of by another person. Joe was fresh out of a breakup when Elle messaged him on a dating app, and they moved in together within months because why not. But Joe realized very quickly that Elle was not it for him, and had his exit all planned out for the day their lease ended and gave her judgmental looks and snarky comments for months before they split.

Agree with you that the baby trap was obviously deployed to secure marriage.

Reactions: 10
A lot of men on the rebound are happy to move in with a new girlfriend because they don't have to be alone, and get the benefit of companionship, sex, and other things taken care of by another person.
That might be the case. Joe and Elle didn't actually move in together until a year or so of dating though -- their lease began on their one-year anniversary. I guess what gives me pause on the "he was going to dump her" theory is that he moved into her house and not the other way around (we know Elle is more desperate that most and gives up her independence too easily). Just seems like a bizarre thing to do if you don't plan on a serious relationship with someone. But as you say, maybe the lure of guud pasta and monopoly dates was too strong for fisherman and he just had to live at the Lecocq Grey Gardens 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I guess what gives me pause on the "he was going to dump her" theory is that he moved into her house and not the other way around (we know Elle is more desperate that most and gives up her independence too easily). Just seems like a bizarre thing to do if you don't plan on a serious relationship with someone.
I think he moved in, figured out the loony Elle and her mother were and started to plan his exit; Elle sensed the impending breakup and bam! baby trap (or Elle knew from the past that once they moved in they were likely to leave within the year so started operation baby trap as soon as he moved in).

Reactions: 11
I think he moved in, figured out the loony Elle and her mother were and started to plan his exit; Elle sensed the impending breakup and bam! baby trap (or Elle knew from the past that once they moved in they were likely to leave within the year so started operation baby trap as soon as he moved in).
Hmm I think option two. She either has a knack for choosing the most oblivious men (if she babytalks when you're dating... imagine living with her) or something really shifts with her behaviour once they move in. Chris dumped her within something like four months and Joe only lasted a year because of the lease. Yikes. I'd be taking a look at myself and my behaviour if people had such a hard time living with me. Or decide to not change and just pull a baby trap 😂😂

Reactions: 7
Hmm I think option two. She either has a knack for choosing the most oblivious men (if she babytalks when you're dating... imagine living with her) or something really shifts with her behaviour once they move in. Chris dumped her within something like four months and Joe only lasted a year because of the lease. Yikes. I'd be taking a look at myself and my behaviour if people had such a hard time living with me. Or decide to not change and just pull a baby trap 😂😂
Why self reflect and try to be a better person when you can just spring a trap like your dear old maman? Elle probably thinks that's how claw-thee, European beauties do it.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Therapy could really help her.
It would but she isn't self-aware enough to even participate in therapy. I mean after Joe dumped her she was making passive-aggressive jabs about "having time" to pursue her jewelry and explore new hobbies because she wasn't "taking care" of him. That never seemed like the case and even if it was, a mature person would recognize they played a part in letting that happen. Instead she played the victim. Same with her snippy reply to a fan who said they missed her Vancouver life. She replied "I don't know how you can possibly miss someone else's life" instead of being an adult and explaining that her life and content are evolving as she starts a new chapter in Seattle. She has the emotional and spiritual capacity of a chesnut and has been told by her mother that everything is fine and the outside world is the issue, never Elle.

Reactions: 15
She has the emotional and spiritual capacity of a chesnut.
even chestnuts have the room for growth... but i don't see it in Elle. i'm inclined to agree that therapy would be a waste until she decides she's tired of her own habits and wants to change for the better. the real work of therapy happens outside the session, i can't imagine Elle having the capacity to own her mistakes, take accountability for her actions and make serious changes to become a better person. you only get from therapy what you put in, and that would require the poor woman to have a fleeting moment of reflectivity that she hasn't always made the best, healthiest or even most sane choices in life. who knows, maybe it'll happen when Gigi is old enough to recognize that her maman and mamie are not well.

It would but she isn't self-aware enough to even participate in therapy. I mean after Joe dumped her she was making passive-aggressive jabs about "having time" to pursue her jewelry and explore new hobbies because she wasn't "taking care" of him. That never seemed like the case and even if it was, a mature person would recognize they played a part in letting that happen. Instead she played the victim. Same with her snippy reply to a fan who said they missed her Vancouver life. She replied "I don't know how you can possibly miss someone else's life" instead of being an adult and explaining that her life and content are evolving as she starts a new chapter in Seattle. She has the emotional and spiritual capacity of a chesnut and has been told by her mother that everything is fine and the outside world is the issue, never Elle.
I don’t know if Ginette really sees Elle as a little princess anymore, sometimes she looks so drained and worn out with her.

Reactions: 12
She replied "I don't know how you can possibly miss someone else's life" instead of being an adult and explaining that her life and content are evolving as she starts a new chapter in Seattle.
LOL that is so cunty. Elle knows what her subscriber means. She's just so damn thin-skinned.

• Haha
I think those passive aggressive comments is the real Smelle. I can imagine her being a highly strung individual. She seems to be nice only to people who compliment her/buy her shoddy wares. Everyone else is just a nuisance.
---

She's not compassionate and i dont know if she is going to be a good mother because she doesnt have enough love for her pets to make sure they can do their business in a clean litter box.

And what kind of 'taking care' of Joe was she doing that was taking so much time of hers? Without him in the picture, she still had to make meals for herself etc. If anything, his presence probably allowed her to have more spare time because he hired a cleaner, he used to make breakfasts for them and make the bed in the morning. She also didn't have a driver's licence back then, so if she wanted to go anywhere, he'd drive her in her mother's car...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I took Elle's gift-wrapping heart-to-heart to be as close as we will ever get to an admission that she knows she screwed up her life, she got desperate and didn't know if she'd ever get married. Of course she didn't admit it but the implication was obvious. What do you do if you're immature, unwilling to work on yourself and you're afraid of getting dumped for the fifth time in a row? You trap him!
If she had gone to therapy, stopped prioritizing things like shopping and worked on herself she could be in downtown Vancouver with a husband and a baby. She knew how she could have her dream life. She just chose manipulation over self improvement.
IMO Elle's behavior is going to drive Fisherman to cheat on her. Ginette being there all the time is not only annoying it also makes 'Girlboss' look like she needs her mom to hold her hand through everything. That alone will make every normal woman he meets look more attractive. Elle plays the 'independent entrepreneur' game while dating and doesn't realize part of why her relationships fail is because she misrepresents herself.
I hope she abandons her channel. There's really nothing else to show. In all likelihood the only vacations they're taking will be to Florida and Nordstrom has been replaced by Walmart.

I think those passive aggressive comments is the real Smelle. I can imagine her being a highly strung individual. She seems to be nice only to people who compliment her/buy her shoddy wares. Everyone else is just a nuisance.
---

She's not compassionate and i dont know if she is going to be a good mother because she doesnt have enough love for her pets to make sure they can do their business in a clean litter box.

And what kind of 'taking care' of Joe was she doing that was taking so much time of hers? Without him in the picture, she still had to make meals for herself etc. If anything, his presence probably allowed her to have more spare time because he hired a cleaner, he used to make breakfasts for them and make the bed in the morning. She also didn't have a driver's licence back then, so if she wanted to go anywhere, he'd drive her in her mother's car...
The passive aggressive comments were definitely only because she was hurt. She loved taking care of Joe by cooking him dinner and showing what a great wife she could be. Before the breakup she thought Joe was going to propose! They were on completely different pages. I’m sure her hinting at an engagement probably made him realize he doesn’t want to be on YouTube for life, or listen to baby talk, and pay all the bills. Her dream life - big shot lawyer husband, downtown Vancouver lifestyle disappeared with Joe. With all the guys after Joe never being able to provide the same, I’m sure she thought she would never get married and decided to settle. I don’t know who Elle is, I don’t know if she really changed or she is just trying so hard to convince herself she happy at the lake fishing on vacation rather than at the spa in a luxury hotel with someone like Joe. She still holds on so much to the Joe days, always wearing the bracelet and bringing the picture of their view with her. We don’t see much of her life anymore, is it because she changed or because she’s ashamed of how it all turned out versus how she has always presented herself Vancouver. I skipped over the heart to heart present wrap but will have to watch it to see.

Reactions: 11
The passive aggressive comments were definitely only because she was hurt.
Sure about that? Totally agree the comments after Joe left were because she was hurt but she's also been bitchy and passive-aggressive during her happy times. Like when her flight was delayed once to Hawaii she complained and said something about "idiot" airline employees who should be able to repair the airplane. Or her Chanel "horror story" where she got mad a security guard was doing his job and she was actually the one at fault. She's just not a nice person (except to family and friends) and is a major Karen.

• Angry
Reactions: 12
Sure about that? Totally agree the comments after Joe left were because she was hurt but she's also been bitchy and passive-aggressive during her happy times. Like when her flight was delayed once to Hawaii she complained and said something about "idiot" airline employees who should be able to repair the airplane. Or her Chanel "horror story" where she got mad a security guard was doing his job and she was actually the one at fault. She's just not a nice person (except to family and friends) and is a major Karen.
I feel like her deluded fans and even a few people on here refuse to accept that she can be bitchy. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Or when she complained about her food delivery being late because the poor delivery guy was in an accident, FFS!
---

If anything, his presence probably allowed her to have more spare time because he hired a cleaner, he used to make breakfasts for them and make the bed in the morning. She also didn't have a driver's licence back then, so if she wanted to go anywhere, he'd drive her in her mother's car...
Aww, Joe was truly the one who got away. Remember when he made the bed and made animal shapes with the sheets or something?

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.