Elle Darby #46 Cheating Con, Racist all along, 29K followers gone

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What I don’t get is - how on earth do they think they’re going to come back from this? Obviously a hell of a lot of people couldn’t care less about what they’ve said unfortunately, but like, what is an appropriate apology? I honestly don’t think there is one. I have nooo idea what they could say/do to even begin to make this better.

suppose it’ll be a case of laying low waiting for the storm to pass and resurfacing at some point in the near future acting like nothing ever happened, a la Shane Dawson.

Reactions: 11
she was following when this all started, definitely unfollowed straight away but has suddenly popped back up following again.
No hate should be put in her direction for it though she’s been to hell and back last year maybe she just feels bad for Suzuki
She’s unfollowed again. Maybe a glitch. I’d never give her grief for anything - she gets load on here and on her profile which I don’t agree with but hey ho.

Reactions: 3
Sinead hegarty one of James smiths mates..all white privileged knobs stick together she wasn't a child she was 18 and it went on for years duck off James you little prick probably call people snowflakes because we don't tolerate racism, homophobia, size shaming arseholes who sell themselves as little angles to sell over priced tit!!
He has form. Someone called him out a while back for triggering Instagram posts and he just called the person a head or similar.

Reactions: 7
I always think I’m the wrong age to “get” influencers. I can’t watch somebody else’s shopping haul or GRWM with a straight face. I only really watch make up tutorials and even those need to keep the “Hey guyssss” to a minimum ( that’s why I like Lisa Eldridge’s).
I think it all hinges on believing what you see and I’ve been around long enough to spot a sales pitch, no matter how many layers of “I’m just like you” it’s disguised under.
Influencers are sales people. They’re not our friends, we’re their target consumers.
Some people still think Influencers post on IG just cos they like it and enjoy posting. They have no idea it’s simply a newer form of advertising. I tried explaining this to my mum and she reacted like I was some sort of conspiracy theorist chatting tit 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Does anyone know if Katie is okay? I feel that she'll be the most affected one in all this considering what Elle said about her? Not as the bestest sister she thought she was.

Is it just me or anyone else think Elle speaks to her like she's 5 year old?

• Sad
Reactions: 39
As much as I hate to admit this… people will forgive her in the end. She will do a uncut RAW video where she will have red eyeliner on whilst crying and telling everyone that she doesn’t condone the behaviour but had bad mental health. People will at first be like ‘no’ but eventually she will worm her way back in. Look at James Charles and Jeffree Starr, how many scandals have they had? She will be forgiven for it, no doubt about it.

Reactions: 21
I know it gets annoying stating who’s unfollowed but Gillian Truita has unfollowed which is significant as she is family friends with Lucy and Elle

Reactions: 12
Some people still think Influencers post on IG just cos they like it and enjoy posting. They have no idea it’s simply a newer form of advertising. I tried explaining this to my mum and she reacted like I was some sort of conspiracy theorist chatting tit 😂
Yes, I am so suprised there are still people who dont know how it works 😮

A lot of brands fake their trust polite reviews also
So I have my own business and use TP. Any unverified reviews I.e those that aren’t related to a purchase in the backend (I.e you can see who the reviewer is in admin based on their order number) are reviewed and are typically taken down if they’re not genuine or not relevant.

If you want bad reviews to remain, it’s better to comment only on the clothing, service and not mention anything about racism or Elle as it’s not directly relevant to the Service/Product of Angelle

Hope that helps :)

Reactions: 8
I feel like if you are a close friend like they say they were (carys + James) you’d tell them how wrong they were & sounds like they were checking in on them but I feel like to unfollow them maybe shows that elle n con weren’t remorseful behind the scenes and so c+j have unfollowed to distance themselves otherwise I feel like they wouldn’t unfollow due to potentially inciting more ‘hate’ which they stated they really don’t wanna do. I just get the impression c/e are trying to bury it but c/j aren’t accepting of that - a true friend would tell them to be honest and just own up & apologise sincerely OR bc carys only unfollowed elle maybe it’s just a performative act due to fear of backlash

Reactions: 5
I find it really weird that James and Carys felt the need to put up a statement because of their relationship with Elle and Connor but Lucy hasn’t and she’s just posting as normal?

I don’t think she deserves hate but she’s not helping herself

Reactions: 16
If you think Elle’s tweets are bad, you should hop on over to the thread regarding Polly Vadasz, owner of Sighh Studio.
Over 150 tweets / tumblr posts about race, homophobia, r*pe.
At least she’ll probably have a friend for life in Elle x

Reactions: 20
I find it really weird that James and Carys felt the need to put up a statement because of their relationship with Elle and Connor but Lucy hasn’t and she’s just posting as normal?

I don’t think she deserves hate but she’s not helping herself
I mean
Elle IS her sister
Like, are people expecting her to disown her sister? I know what elle did was awful, but they're family.

Personally I'm under the opinion that not every single influencer and their dog needs to voice and opinion about this

Molly mae is living it up in New York with her fiance and works high up in plt for example, you really think she's giving two shits about elle darby?

Reactions: 47
I find it odd people excusing racism w age like yes she may have been a child but then are you saying it’s ok for children to be racist ? Most people don’t even let their kids swear. So the argument that she was a child isn’t valid cause then surely everyone’s kids would be shooting out slurs rn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.