Elle Darby #2 not to be confused with Gemma Louise Miles.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is she suddenly filling her story with affiliate links for all this expensive stuff? Perhaps to make up for lost time when she was taking time off, or pay towards their Vegas trip? Unbelievable.

Reactions: 10
Reminds me of Rachel from FRIENDS when she buys everything from the Flea market and her flat looked exactly like the store. Elle is literally that with The White Company. 😭 It’s so tacky imo, just because everything she buys is expensive it doesn’t mean she has to boast to her followers who can barely afford to pay rent and bills. 😂 I’ve bought a candle from there & yes it’s all very lovely and everything is white & fancy but I’m deffo not paying for overpriced items for everything you could possibly buy. #notrelatable
You mean Pottery Barn ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I don’t know why but it annoyed me in the quick fire assumptions when they asked about the 100,000 in the bank and Elle said not at the moment and Connor said they had just bought a house an Elle scoffed “ no we havnt that was like six months ago “ Most people would be a bit short on disposable income for years after buying a first home but Elle made it sound like god of course we’ve made back our money it’s been a whole six months 🙄

• Angry
Reactions: 18
£100+ for a pin board , £80 pjs , £160 wash basket , 300+ for a light shade £60 for a candle 😂😂😂 not long ago she would have done a B&M haul with all that costing less than £50 quid . Absolutely laughable now and Connor well he looks like he belongs behind the local kebab shops counter not in his little book corner all dolled up with nowhere to go .

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I have the same joggers mine just discoloured and went bobbly 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ What a waste of money and pissed off I contributed to lining her and the weaseals pockets 😂😂
Literally the exact same with mine! I thought it was the way I was wearing them and washing them🤣

Reactions: 3
£100+ for a pin board , £80 pjs , £160 wash basket , 300+ for a light shade £60 for a candle 😂😂😂 not long ago she would have done a B&M haul with all that costing less than £50 quid . Absolutely laughable now and Connor well he looks like he belongs behind the local kebab shops counter not in his little book corner all dolled up with nowhere to go .
It's just always buy buy buy with her? Such constant material consumption all for content!

Reactions: 5
It's just always buy buy buy with her? Such constant material consumption all for content!
standard blogger content no? Along with massive lips and #couplegoalzzz.
I believe that most bloggers lack souls but these two seem to occupy a special kind of mindless, soulless, blinkered existence that has very little connection to reality.
Some bloggers seem to own the idea that they’re providing a distraction from the corona reality the rest of the world is living in. If Elle and Con have stopped gazing at themselves on screen/shopping long enough to notice that there’s a pandemic happening I’ll be amazed.

Also, is it just me or does that “classy” light not fit above the bed in the spare bedroom? It didn’t look like it was hanging properly.

Reactions: 9
Not always true, I’m pretty sure even if you buy something else it can still benefit them if you are buying from the same site 🤷🏻‍♀️
the original poster is right - you only make money if someone buys the product, not if they just click the link and buy something else!

Anyone can have affiliate links - you can, I can, Elle can. It’s something anyone can do not necessarily a “partnership” with a brand.

I worked in influencer marketing until last July so know a lot about this kind of thing!

The word angels is literally the most annoying word now after the greasy looking slime ball and a wannabe barbie shout it at the camera constantly.

To anyone wanting to become an influencer, it might make you thousands of pounds but looking at elle and her swollen face, it obviously ruins your looks. Once such a natural pretty lass 😔😞

Reactions: 11
the original poster is right - you only make money if someone buys the product, not if they just click the link and buy something else!

Anyone can have affiliate links - you can, I can, Elle can. It’s something anyone can do not necessarily a “partnership” with a brand.

I worked in influencer marketing until last July so know a lot about this kind of thing!
I’m only going on what was said on another thread, think EBay/amazon were talked about, keeping cookies for 24hrs or so and if you bought anything front those sites after swiping ing up on the original post it would track you in and they would get a commission 🤷🏻‍♀️ I have no clue.

Why can’t Connor do anything around the house, like nothing..,.? Can’t even hang a mirror, knew they’d never do the garden themselves. Seriously when I bought my first house one of the things I loved most was doing it how I wanted it, garden and all. It’s so soulless, just throw money at it.

Reactions: 5

Influencers can make money off additional purchases depending on the types of links they use and the length of time the cookies remain. It’s quite a well known practice (scam) and why a lot of them link to to things like ASOS when they when have sales on, so you have a look on your lunch break for example via one of their swipe ups then maybe completely your purchases later but then still get the benefit of it.

More info can be found here: http://blog.magiclinks.com/affiliat...ation-and-why-is-it-important-to-influencers/

There are also quite a few influencers who have been upfront about it on YouTube. I think I first became aware of it via I Covet Thee’s one.

Leaving that cookie on your browser, especially for popular sites is a big part of how they all make money. For some it’s even more lucrative than their YouTube ads.

Reactions: 1
Not always true, I’m pretty sure even if you buy something else it can still benefit them if you are buying from the same site 🤷🏻‍♀️
not with rewardstyle, i have it and it just applies to the item as you go into the app, choose the shop, choose the item and link it. i’ve only used it for family, friends, presents etc and things i’ve bought for myself but even that makes a decent amount so i can’t imagine how much actual influencers make! 😂

It made me sad when they were like this definitely isn't our forever home and nor will the next one we buy or whatever. The amount of money they've put into that home, I know they can obvs sell it etc but I wouldn't buy a house with that kind of mind set. I really miss the old Elle with the bargain shopping vlogs, so down to earth. Finding her more unrelatable these days..

Reactions: 24
It made me sad when they were like this definitely isn't our forever home and nor will the next one we buy or whatever. The amount of money they've put into that home, I know they can obvs sell it etc but I wouldn't buy a house with that kind of mind set. I really miss the old Elle with the bargain shopping vlogs, so down to earth. Finding her more unrelatable these days..
Its all about the money now, the more followers she has got and money earned she has really changed from being the young girl shopping in primark, new look and wearing cheap makeup to now showing of designer handbags, chanel foundation and £170 laundry baskets. I think she will prob get even worse once this management takes off.
The person that connor portrays says it all really about them as a couple.

Reactions: 10
Has anyone seen the vid on YouTube, “a tubby teenager has transformed herself into a super fit model and fitness trainer” it’s hard to believe that’s actually her talking, sounds and looks nothing like her!

Has anyone seen the vid on YouTube, “a tubby teenager has transformed herself into a super fit model and fitness trainer” it’s hard to believe that’s actually her talking, sounds and looks nothing like her!
This makes me so sad, she was never even that overweight! She had a very normal, nice body.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.