Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

actuallawyer

I’m surprised that with all the hours prancing around Nordstrom in heels she doesn’t have even slightly toned calves.

Also, I dunno if this is a Canadian thing, but here in the Midwest, it’s habit for most people to look behind them when they open a door, just to see if they should hold the door for someone potentially behind them. I know this is NOT the case in the foreign country I lived in for 10 years (so many times I stood there holding my baby with one hand, the door with the other, and trying to push my stroller though with my foot while men, women, and children rushed through the door like rats without even glancing at me). So maybe it’s not a thing in Canada either? But from a midwesterner’s perspective, it’s rude. But OH, SO TOTALLY ELLE.

From “NORDSTROMAS” published Dec 17, 2015.
Even the way she looked so flippant when she flew through the door is ridiculous. Her hand up in the air as if to be kissed by the attendees upon arrival. And the guy behind her is clearly trying to catch the door before it closes so it seems like there is an understood notion that it’s rude to slam a door in someone’s face, JUST MY OPINION

Reactions: 12

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
I’m surprised that with all the hours prancing around Nordstrom in heels she doesn’t have even slightly toned calves.

Also, I dunno if this is a Canadian thing, but here in the Midwest, it’s habit for most people to look behind them when they open a door, just to see if they should hold the door for someone potentially behind them. I know this is NOT the case in the foreign country I lived in for 10 years (so many times I stood there holding my baby with one hand, the door with the other, and trying to push my stroller though with my foot while men, women, and children rushed through the door like rats without even glancing at me). So maybe it’s not a thing in Canada either? But from a midwesterner’s perspective, it’s rude. But OH, SO TOTALLY ELLE.

From “NORDSTROMAS” published Dec 17, 2015.
As a Canadian, I feel the need to point out that we almost ALWAYS hold doors for people, even during rush hours and in busy places. And often people will do it from very far away so the person will jog slightly to get to the door, so that the person holding it doesn't have to wait for a long time. But given Elle gets angry at Uber drivers for delivering her food late when they're in an ACCIDENT, I'm not terribly surprised at her rudeness. This just reminded me of how Elle used to complain that people "bullied" her in Canada because she's "foreign" - if she's always that inconsiderate and rude, Canadians would definitely not like her.

I'm sorry about your experience while living abroad - I live and have lived abroad myself in multiple places and agree that in many parts of the world, people do not hold doors for anyone, refuse to queue in-line and push people aside to get to places so I understand your frustration with that.

Annie_HTX

Actually, now that I think about it “lawyer” is really a job role, not a degree, right? So technically she could continue to call herself a “JD” (not sure if she is one) and that would be correct, but not “lawyer” since she ISN’T A LAWYER. I think? Like someone with a PhD is still Dr. XYZ, but not a “lawyer” if working at Starbucks currently. Someone who knows, please weigh in.
To call yourself a lawyer, you MUST pass the bar. But in almost all jurisdictions, you are additionally required to pass a second exam called the MPRE (Multistate Professional Responsibility Exam), which is basically a test on lawyers' ethics and standards of conduct. Without passing BOTH of those exams, one cannot call themselves a lawyer as they have not met the prerequisites to practice law in their respective jurisdiction. After you pass these two exams, you get sworn-in to the State Bar (some Bar Associations do HUGE swearing-in ceremonies, but you can always do a private ceremony with a judge who may have been a mentor to you). Then you get your bar card, and congrats, you're a full-fledged attorney!

To your point, anyone who doesn't take the above-described steps can certainly refer to themselves as a "law graduate" since they at least obtained a JD. But they cannot hold themselves out to be an attorney, and even risk criminal consequences for doing so. Hope that helps!

• Heart

poshspice88

The heels, Chanel bag, pearl pendant & earrings, loud tie-dye shirt, and jeggings all scream NOTICE ME, TAKE ME!!!

Girl, you are in the PNW, you don’t take a walk in pearls with your purse and heels. As usual, she looks desperate and out of place.

poshspice88

Regarding her channel's grows - it was quite steady during the "Joe era". I remember thinking that she found her niche of making cozy pretentious vlogs, dressing in everything floral, and making expensive giveaways and that she will hit 100k in a few months. But now I really don't see this happening for another decade. She lost her brand over the last 18-months period while she was hysterically moving from country to country and from coast to coast. She used to be a "pretentious big-city professional with expensive bags", but now the only thing left is being pretentious - she has no home, no job, no vision of the future, and honestly no perspectives. Instead of expensive giveaways she now shows her infomercials down her subscribers' throats. And still manages to look down on everyone else) I don't see her growing her channel any time soon and I think I agree on the fact that she has a big number of fake subscribers these days.
Her channel has always been a bore except for the Chris & Joe eras. She stopped being interesting once Joe moved out. The Special Someone & Rick eras were boring too because she was extremely guarded and secretive (like she’s being now). She tried to protect those relationships (SS & Rick) because of what Joe told her about filming everything was what led to him breaking up with her and she wanted to hang onto these guys. We know that what Joe told her about filming was only part of what led him to break up with her because the truth goes much deeper than that and it’s what she refuses to acknowledge or change about herself.

Ironically, if she was actually honest about her situation and how badly she's messed up her life, she could probably grow her channel substantially. People love watching that stuff and she'd have a lot more people on her side if she allowed herself to be real and open and vulnerable instead of desperately trying to make it look like she's holding it all together when it couldn't be more obvious that she is not.
She’s incapable of that kind of vulnerability and self awareness. The only times she’s shown a smidgen of what you’re describing she filmed three times, and two of those three videos she privatized and are no longer made public.

#1 When she filmed her new, empty apartment after getting dumped by Chris (her most vulnerable video)

#2 The video she made after getting dumped by Joe (her 2nd most vulnerable video and now privatized).

#3 The video she made in Hawaii after getting dumped by Rick (her least vulnerable video and very secretive, also privatized).

The only reason she made those videos was because she moved (or in the case of Joe, would be moving the next month or so and his furniture was missing) and could not film without it being obvious she was no longer with these guys.

She cannot and will not ever upload real, vulnerable content unless she’s forced to for the above scenarios. The only other thing that comes to mind is if something tragic happened to Ginette. Even then, she would probably be closed up about it after initially disclosing it. She is unable to be vulnerable and self aware for any length of time let alone maintain and upload that type of content to her channel. We’ve all said or given her the same advice as you and it falls on deaf ears. She claims she wants her channel to be a positive and uplifting place and not make it about what she refuses to acknowledge about herself for personal growth.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Phoebe.Tallulah

:LOL: What the hell is that outfit!?! She may as well have thrown on that god awful plaid coat to round it out! I NEVER saw anyone dressed like that when I lived in Seattle, and by no means Elle, does this mean you're blazing the trails of "fashion".

I didn't realize just how much filler she normally gets in her nasolabial folds, I can't believe how obvious it is is that picture!

As we've all said before, she could definitely up her subs if she did videos on all the procedures she's gotten and what she gets on a yearly basis.

Wow.

I am only a casual watcher of Elle when you guys point out something funny or cringeworthy but this is horrid. She has absolutely zero social graces. I'm a born and raised NYer living in Europe and we NYers are mean people (lol, I kid) and I ALWAYS look behind me. My parents drilled manners into me like it was their day job. This is so rude. That poor guy behind her.
Door holding in Canada is VERY much a thing, it could be an Olympic sport lol!! Elle's just a bitch.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

Phoebe.Tallulah

View attachment 141091

Thoughts on newest video:
-I suppose her channel has now turned into one mainly revolving around hauls and beauty, since she has no other content
-of course she needs another haul to satisfy her inner shopaholic
-the dresses are not flattering on her and are not very versatile in terms of wear-ability (aka you can only wear them on specific occasions).
-congrats on picking some of the worst prints from their dresses
-she looks awkward in those dresses and downright scary in some shots...please see photo above.

I caption it as "Hello, I am Eleanor...date me and see how I can be an amazing Stepford wife just for you, my sweet love...I will wait perfectly poised like this for you to come home to every night" said in her most robotic tone possible.
She looks like a robot just booting up!!

Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 3.41.26 PM.png

Ummmmm... remember when she said "I don't color my hair, this is all my natural colour..."
Then what's with all the re-growth Elle??? LOL. I'm sure she doesn't have a ton of gray to cover, but whatever product she used during quarantine had a different reaction to the previously colored hair and it's VERY noticable! lol!!!!!
Hey Elle, how are you going to spin this, LIAR!!

Last edited:
  • Haha

actuallawyer

I just watched an old Vlogmas from Elle D.J. and she actually does a full face of “evening makeup” for “dinner with the Dolls” and then proceeds to go to a gym class. Right after the gym class, she changes and goes to dinner with that makeup connected to her face by the sheer layer of sweat from the workout. No appearance of a shower in between. There’s not a lot she does that makes me gasp...that did.

• Sick
  • Haha
DEB1962B-F58C-4A81-A101-C59DA93AD400.png

Let’s never forget Rick’s tirade on GG in defense of his perfect woman whom he can’t even take to the altar... Not sure about Rick but their relationship definitely moved at a “quick clip” - reconnected after 10 years of no communication, started dating, engaged, moved in together and separated all in less than a year.

Sry if someone already reposted his post, still catching up with y’all! Also made an account in anticipation of Vera/Lisa/Robert/Elle’s return for their Sunday trolling 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha

ccc123000

Chatty Member

Ginette goes off script.
Well there you go! 👏 Even your own doting mother sees the need to put you in your place sometimes. Take several seats, Eleonore. You do not have a French accent. You have a fake, put-on one... I'll give you that.

This was great, thanks for posting! I wish I could reach into the screen and high-five Ginette. 😂

• Haha

aol

Her reaction

Ginette goes off script.
Ginette had to rub Elle's arm to comfort her since she's insecure about not having an authentic French accent. Blatant proof of a small moment of coddling on camera. Imagine all of what has been edited out over the years!

Heretosnoop

Also I'm not saying i'm superior to Elle or anybody on any forum. The point I'm trying to make is her so-called 'better-off social economical status' doesn't justify her shopaholic behavior. It's really excessive.

I have a sense that most of her followers are not in a position where they can tell how many dresses a so-called 'girlboss' actually need. They probably don't know any real person comparable to Elle's online persona.
I think it's safe to say most of us are in a better situation than Elle, whether we're still employed, or have partners with careers, children, or a permanent home. Elle has her cats that can't leave her

• Heart

Llkb

Hater in Oxford, UK. I'm French and can't stand Elle. I'm sorry her French is shit. And you can clearly hear it in her Paul Gauguin Tahiti. In 6.43 she is trying to ask a question and used her hands ( her Italian roots) instead because she can't express herself correctly.

• Haha
  • Heart

Drasticactions

VIP Member
I didn't read the comments at first so I assumed she had a boyfriend again based on the flowers!! But I think her walking around in heels and a boy bag (which why is she pairing it with jeans and tie dye???) Is her way of hoping to run into some guy while in the park. Maybe someone will be so taken with her appearance they will just propose to her on the trail! At least that's what I assume Elle is thinking while walking in the park she's not exploring she's looking for guys!

also considering the pasta maker is the love of her life, I'm sure her tripod is her beautiful friend. Maybe the tripod has some gifted pearls.

• Haha

Stubbssie

Same here! Anyone living in a place that's not celebrating mother's day tomorrow and free to check out the video? We would all really appreciate the 🍵👀
She'll stare cross-eyed at the chat while ignoring most of the questions, then drone on about her Flinstones necklaces for 35 minutes.

• Haha