Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Drasticactions

VIP Member
Amie is boring (like you said, literally buys the same stuff/styles every time) but runs her channel like a business and churns out the sort of content she's expected to churn out regularly based on her subscriber base. Also has a decently large luxury collection of stuff that's fairly current (regardless of whether you like her style or not).

Smelle creates vlogs with her smug look when she has a man, while pretending to be a lawyer/girl boss. Buys things that are just in bad taste or vintage or have gone out of fashion years ago, so people have little interest in viewing her content to begin with and definitely prevents them from coming back for more. There's a reason that outside of maybe her home tours (which generally tend to be popular across the board for all youtubers) and vlogs, her most popular content is Sephora hauls and the Nordstrom anniversary sales. During those videos, she's at least able to make suggestions of some non-outdated/ugly items like makeup or candles or home decor, and is less of a snoozefest than her prancing around in a dress too small for her "size two" figure.
But I think the boring same basic and fairly trendy handbags that Amie and Sophie buy are the reason their videos do well. They both like to buy bags right as they get popular so they get more views from people actually wanting to see those trendy bags. Amie shows you what fits and how it compares to similar bags she has which is actually useful. Sophie has vlogs in Harrods and places people find luxurious and exciting. Even if I'd rather see Sophie talk about her life or what not most people want to see those shopping vlogs. I'm sick of seeing classic flaps everywhere but most people are basic and sheep and want to see and have what everyone else has. That's why they do so well, you've got to appeal to the masses if you want a large following

Elle doesn't do any of that. Yes she buys what she wants even if it is out of date or ugly. And I appreciate she buys different things but that's not what most people want to see. Amie and Sophie very much run their channels like a business and that's bc they both work for them selves for their real jobs and that discipline works out for them.

Elle half asses everything she does, and I mean there is nothing wrong with not working to your full potential so you can have a less stressful life, but don't go being disappointed when you aren't perceived as a true "girl boss" . When people see your videos as being undeclared ads for your own dumb clothing and jewelry line no one is going to want to watch. When you review things that aren't popular and you aren't quirky or interesting people just won't watch.

Reactions: 10

LegalEagle5

Like Elle, I am an only child who grew up without ever having met my father because he had no interest in being one (although, I know who he is and spent time with relatives on that side when I was very little). I watched the video where Elle explained her situation, and I completely echo what she said, which is (although I can certainly see how it's hard for others to understand) that it's sort of hard to miss a father if you never knew what it was like to have one. Don't get me wrong, it was sometimes disappointing, and I'm sure it did at least some damage; but I think it would have been much more devastating to lose a father after growing up with one for years. Instead, I grew up extremely close with my Mom and despite statistics suggesting otherwise, I did not end up a promiscuous mess. I actually always thought having such a background made me more responsible and forced me to have adult worries much sooner than others. That's why I can't relate to Elle's behavior. Granted, I grew up with a mother who to this day still struggles with money, so perhaps that's the difference and the reason why Elle still depends on her mother for so much when that's the last thing I would ever want to do. Also, I would think she would actually be much more cautious on the relationship front and would opt to do whatever it takes to create a solid, stable relationship before rushing into any babymaking so as to avoid being in the same situation as her mother.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

poshspice88

That tie dye top is awful! The embroidered top is better than it 😂

Who do you think took the photo of her on the insta story though?
Lol, maybe it’s her “beautiful friend”?

I doubt she would use “beautiful” to describe a guy, so maybe it’s one of her female fans from Seattle.:ROFLMAO:
B8BB71F9-F31D-49A3-BB0A-809CDCF58E35.jpeg

40E432A9-7767-4A76-A44D-CFAE57F6B93E.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 9

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Was she seriously about to cry in her livestream yesterday? 🙄 God, Elle, get over yourself.

I didn’t watch it. I tried to watch the last one but it was so boring I checked out early. I haven’t even bothered to go back and watch it and as a hater that is pretty telling.

Even if I did like Elle and felt sorry for her, I would get sick of the verge of bursting to tears real quick. I know this sounds bitchy but come on...she is doing NOTHING to change herself and she is a direct result of her woes and problems. She should have never lied about being a local in Seattle to the Daily Hive. She should have never run off with that creep Dicky. She should have kept her job with the MFDA. A lot of her problems could have been prevented had she taken some time to just grow up, take responsibility and act like a freaking adult.

She is ruining her life by digging a deeper hole by refusing to apologize for her actions and keep up this facade of lies. It’s so hard to feel sorry for someone like this and just hearing she is on the verge of tears is just aggravating to me more than it is sad or even funny. I can’t stand people who refuse to help themselves, ugh.
Unfortunately for Elle, I don't think she ever learned to take responsibility for her own actions when thing aren't super easy so when the going gets rough, it's always someone else's fault (i.e. 2008 recession, bullies and haters, etc.) and when it's going well, she's as smug as the cat that ate the canary.

If this was someone else, I'd suspect the constantly on the verge of tears thing as being a cry for help. But given it's Eleanor, I'm pretty sure she's just deeply unsatisfied with the direction her life has taken and this is just her being unable to hide her anger and disappointment with the situation. The fact that she knows what bothers people (we know you read this, Elle!) and yet chooses to double-down on her efforts suggests to me that she has no interest in honestly evaluating herself or making any positive growth in her life. She's simply being vindictive towards anyone who tries to offer even the most simple and helpful advice with all the blocking, and is acting aggressively with signing that lease despite lack of a job or friends or family, going through men on dating apps during a pandemic, and registering her business with a PO box after the Daily Hive disaster. If anyone here reads any gossip about the Royal Family, Elle is displaying some seriously narcissistic, ultra aggressive, Meghan Markle vibes. To quote Harry, "What Meghan wants, Meghan GETS." And Elle probably thinks if she can't force a man to love and take care of her right now (her ultimate goal in life it seems), then she'll double down on the other crazy behaviors and delusions.

aol

I sent the "Best Restaurants in Oahu" video to a colleague who grew up in Hawaii back when it first came out. No surprise but was told that Elle thinks she's "in the know" about good Oahu eats when she obviously has no clue. It grinds my gears when YouTubers recommend places by creating best of/city guides for places that they clearly know nothing about.

Summation of what I was told (from what I remember after rewatching the video):

Sweet Home Cafe: Elle went to the touristy Waikiki location, not the original restaurant. A true local would definitely be going to the original spot. Tourists stick to Waikiki and most locals know better. Waikiki has no free parking, inflated prices, and rude tourists who are less likely to hold open the door for you (perfect for Miss Florence).

Golden Pork: She says that it's "off the beaten path" but the restaurant is only a couple of blocks from a major shopping center and along a main street. I don't remember the name of the shopping center offhand but she mentioned it by name in a past video. Something along the lines about growing up/childhood memories of going to that mall. She doesn't slurp her noodles which is customary in Japanese culture. Not slurping could mean that one thinks the dish tastes bad although I'm not sure if it's common to do so in Hawaii.

Waikiki Yokocho: Caters to tourists. Japanese and non-Japanese tourists go to that food court to get Japanese food. She talks about a tempura place not being heavy/oily but run of the mill tempura never should be to begin with. Elle says that they serve "very fresh miso soup" but I've never experienced whatever is considered old miso soup at an Asian restaurant. I have no clue what that was supposed to mean. Not a choice spot for locals, except when there was still hype over it being a new food court on the island. You can get much better Japanese food elsewhere for a better price.

Halekulani Bakery: For tourists

Tonkatsu Tamafuji: The waiter will instruct diners about how to eat the tonkatsu if it's your first time there. Elle must've not listened since she is dipping her piece in sesame seeds. Nobody does this. You are supposed to use the seeds with the provided sauce. Why would you dip a sauceless food item into another dry ingredient like crushed seeds? How is the meat supposed to stick to it? Elle said that there is a brewery downstairs but there isn't one, just a bar. Can she not understand the difference between a bar and brewery?

Farmers Market: Probably the most expensive farmers market on the island. Tour buses drop off tourists there for the shopping and food. For the most part, the only locals there are vendors. She got a bowl of pho at Pig and the Lady stall. There's a Pig and the Lady restaurant downtown so she should go there to find her white collar sugar daddy next time. My colleague said the washroom there is pretty cool. Kurt Russell visited since it is themed after one of his movies.

Arancino: Sounded perfect for Elle. Fancy expensive food and good service for said fancy people. Restaurant is located in a bougie hotel (Kahala) and is literally next to Ginette's condo. Was told that it's a good restaurant for a special occasion or working lunch for out of guest clients you need to impress. Since Elle treats herself on the daily, it's a good spot for her. Bonus she can be on the lookout for rich tourists/next husband.

Kono's: Touristy location but at least outside of Waikiki.

I would've had much more respect if she recommends places that she ate at for years considering that she frequently holidays there and explicitly said that she isn't crazy familiar with her other recommendations but that she enjoyed the food. I'm sure the only places she frequented over the years is the Kahala Hotel places.

I explicitly remember her mentioning a Kahala Hotel buffet in the past. After a quick search, there is a buffet in that hotel that has an $80 Sunday brunch. Wish I had a Ginette in my life to treat me to something like that!

Edited a bunch of times to make sure I spelled the places correctly

Last edited:

actuallawyer

Ginette goes off script.
The panic is visibly uncomfortable. Pair this with the last video where she’s all “I just CAHNT do French words in an “American” accent...” with Ginette winning the gold all “Elle you don’t really speak French.” I’m absolutely dying 🤣🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha

Drasticactions

VIP Member
The privilege discussion is super important. There are many illustrations of Elle’s “privilege blindness,” but the most infuriating example was in relation to the break-up with Rick. Not only was it unbelievably short-sighted, foolish and dangerous to move to Florida in the first place (she didn’t know this man at all before moving there – the 11-year “friendship” doesn’t count), but the fact that she was able to leave the relationship at her leisure – to Hawaii no less! – and not have to worry about finances, her personal belongings or a place to live, just shows how many advantages Elle has.

With so many women all over the world who are in abusive relationships (isolated from family, forced to be financially-dependent on their abusers), you'd think after that Florida/Rick fiasco, Elle would use some introspection before making decisions (i.e., moving to PNW with no real career plans, going on dates in the middle of a pandemic) but I know that it won't happen.
That is one of my biggest issues with Elle. Normal women would have been stuck in FL, someone without all that privilege would have had to either live with their ex fiance or found an apartment probably with a roommate and would have been forced to start that job she said she was going to start in January. until she could get a job lined up back at home and living situations there fixed up (if even that moving is really expensive ). The fact that she acted like it was just a little oops, bothers me. A lot of parents would love to help their kids escape a controlling or abusive partner but they can't afford to help them or even have the space to house them. Sure Elle and her mom aren't filthy rich but they have the means that so many people in a bad or just unpleasant situation don't have.

I'm lucky, I know that if something bad happened and I lost my job and my condo , I could move in with my parents (they have space for me), they would expect me to get a job even if it is just working at McDonald's (nothing wrong with that but we know that's beneath Elle) and yeah things would suck but I'd be ok and I would be safe. I know lots of people don't even have that, Elle should appreciate her mommy is willing to sell her 2million cad house to help fund her lifestyle and cross country moves.

LetThemEatLipstick

Why is she still calling herself a 'young professional'? She's not old, but she's nearly a decade into her 'career' at this point. To me, a young professional is someone who is in their first graduate job/first few years of their career or is perhaps pursuing post-grad education in relation to a specific profession. There are lots of people at my firm who are senior associates and on their way to becoming partner by their early/mid 30s.
Lol! Basically you’re saying she ain’t young OR professional 😂

Agree, by the time you’re the better part of a decade into working post-grad (assuming she started working as soon as she finished grad school in 2011, if she were still employed she’d be almost 9 years in by now), you’re not a young professional anymore. You’re just a professional. And she’s not working, so she’s not that either 😂

Yikes, looking back on it, she’s a full two years older than me, but because I skipped a grade and also finished my grad degree early because my parents were paying out of pocket and I didn’t want them to spend a single cent more than needed, I’ve been in the workforce for about the same time as Elle. All of my peers are VPs, Senior Consultants, Directors, Team Leads, etc. by now (30/31 yo this year) and Elle’s stringing Alibaba plastic beads in a Mommy-funded apartment at her worst, and an entry-level paper-pusher at her best. And yet she’s still superior to all of us...?

• Haha

LetThemEatLipstick

From her latest video "CUTTING MY HAIR USING BRAD MONDO'S DIY HAIRCUT TECHNIQUE" published May 22, 2020:

Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 12.36.03 PM.png

"From today until May 31st, all Nouvelle Pearl Orchidée collection orders come with a free $49 value pair of Freshwater Pearl Studs in the color of your choice."

Sales are probably pretty dismal. That's what happens when you try to STEAL MONEY AND BUSINESS from actual local Seattle small businesses DURING A GLOBAL HEALTH AND ECONOMIC CRISIS.

Karma.

"I am only a complete person with a man in my life."

Last edited:
  • Haha

Food4Thought

Man the mods here are awesome, unlike GG. It's like the difference between practicing as a lawyer and just pretending 😂

• Haha

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Hello ladies! I've been lurking on G G for a while but that site was getting so slow so I decided to check out tattle instead.

Like many of you, I was a fan of Elles but she's become so...insane the past couple of years, for lack of a better word. I originally found her channel because I thought she was a young professional "girl boss" who also lived in a big city and loved shopping and luxury products. Her content has changed so much the past few years, and now it seems like a good chunk of her videos are used to promote her business, which is super tacky and off-putting. Also when was the last that she had a video with proper content??

Also does anyone else feel like Elle has gone off the rails since she turned 30+ and became single? Her relationships with Chris and Joe definitely helped create some of her best content, as obnoxious and smug as she was about everything back then. She now has the crazy eyes in every video and seems a bit unhinged o_O

Lovely

Chatty Member
Maybe outdoorsy is her type because Joe was fairly outdoorsy since he went on hikes and camped. Rick went on hikes too I think, or maybe he just went on walks I not sure...
Either way, he did it at a quick clip. :LOL:

• Haha

LetThemEatLipstick

The privilege discussion is super important. There are many illustrations of Elle’s “privilege blindness,” but the most infuriating example was in relation to the break-up with Rick. Not only was it unbelievably short-sighted, foolish and dangerous to move to Florida in the first place (she didn’t know this man at all before moving there – the 11-year “friendship” doesn’t count), but the fact that she was able to leave the relationship at her leisure – to Hawaii no less! – and not have to worry about finances, her personal belongings or a place to live, just shows how many advantages Elle has.

With so many women all over the world who are in abusive relationships (isolated from family, forced to be financially-dependent on their abusers), you'd think after that Florida/Rick fiasco, Elle would use some introspection before making decisions (i.e., moving to PNW with no real career plans, going on dates in the middle of a pandemic) but I know that it won't happen.
Agree - I’m very privileged (I’m not white nor am I a male; there are plenty of privileged WoCs out there like me. Go to any university these days and check out who’s driving the Lambos and Ferraris). My parents paid for my private uni and grad school tuition. They also helped me with home down payments. But I NEVER took it for granted, and always caveat my success with their help and my dad’s hard work, esp when I’m career-coaching my very underprivileged white male friends who grew up in trailer parks and had to join the military to get their public college tuition now paid for, while still working night jobs to pay for living expenses (husband and they served together for many years, they’re basically family). I always budgeted by expenses and saved and invested my income.

I fully acknowledge my privilege but I will testify that I’ve NEVER squandered it the way Elle has, prancing around Nordstrom for hours during the workday. It’s degrading.

• Heart

Interlude89

I think Elle has gotten a lot better at appearing "nice" and "oh so friendly and fun" in public...but is hiding a very ugly personality beneath that mask. If we see snippets of eye roll (towards her own mother!) and condescension on camera where she controls the narrative and controls what we see, I'm sure there is a lot more of this going on in real life.
Elle likely is controlling and needs everything to go her way. This is why her relationships are not sustainable. Sure, she can pretend to like whatever the guy likes, but ultimately her selfishness will shine through every time.

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
View attachment 134424
remember when she treated herself (after being vacated from her and Joe’s apartment) with this nano 5 years too late and paired it with a fugly strap, then called the bag her handsome boyfriend? She can’t live a day without seeking male attention/companionship, daddy issues run deep with this one

Didn't she mention in a video that her dad basically wanted nothing to do with her and her mom before she was even born, and he's not part of their lives at all? Tragic but would certain explain some of her tendencies to latch onto men and the way she acts like a little girl with her ex boyfriends.

Last edited:

ccc123000

Chatty Member
Again, I really do think this woman is dangerous. If she will so boldly lie about this, imagine the other unspoken lies and the things she is capable of.
Was just thinking the same thought when I read someone's comment earlier, saying she had a victim mentality (or something to that effect). Actually, I think that Eleonore / Eleanor is very cunning and calculated. She lies and over embellishes, twists facts to her advantage. So in this case she really doesn't play the victim role, but instead is almost predatory in the way she takes advantage of unwitting individuals -- claiming to be a local, when she is not; selling very cheap and poorly made products at exhorbitant prices, faking her work experiences and padding her resume...I could go on.

Also, good lord! Is she going to walk around in public with her name embroidered around her shirt collar like that? Who does that?!

And those eyebrows are straight up "Bert from Sesame Street" brows. Just why?

ETA: She should get a shirt personalized, saying: "Elle Florence, Seattle." Maybe then, people will think she is a Seattle local.;)

Last edited:

Drasticactions

VIP Member
What is it with YouTubers making videos calling it a tutorial when it is their first time using it. Don't put tutorial in the name! You don"t know what you are doing call it "trying out dip nails" or something. She started out saying "I'm not a nail tech" no shit if I didn't know that , and actually wanted a video on how to do this I would've clicked out,

Also why is she doing her nails on top of an old bubble mailer? One gross, two does she not have an old ugly towel to use/paper towel/scrap paper?

Last edited: