Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

anon64

weird how she's profiting off other peoples' deaths and not doing anything to support the victims' families. i heard she doesnt even do her own research anymore bc it was stressing her out but how hard is reading out a couple wikipedia pages? lmao shes lost all authenticity

• Heart
Reactions: 13

citrineday

Chatty Member
regardless of wether it’s a song lyric or not, a person whose job is to respectfully talk about crime cases in THE most respectful way, and to show compassion to victims, should not be using captions like that in a jokey way on a picture of herself.

this is a girl who every video claims to have the utmost respect for crime victims and she thinks it’s appropriate to post a song lyric of a man who murdered someone in the most disgusting way and uploaded it to the internet, as well as murdering animals and filming it

even if it is a song lyric it’s still disgusting, her of all people should not be using it on a photo

edit- also if you haven’t seen the documentary about him, he’s an extreme narcissist and did all of these things for ATTENTION, he thrived off of it. multiple people involved in the case have said that the best way to punish him and to give some kind of justice back to the victims is to not give him the time of day and any recognition that may put him on a pedestal and look as though people are fawning over him. not to fawn over him and make it a big deal. it’s bad enough there’s a song lyric about him, but a true crime youtube has really just gone and done the EXACT OPPOSITE of what everyone involved has stated to do. he murdered those cats and that person literally for attention because he wanted there to be a sick buzz about it

he’s an extreme narcissist whose murdered people and eleanor has just gone and done exactly what he wants. can’t imagine how happy he’d be if he knew a true crime youtuber was making entertaining captions about what he did, she’s literally just fulfilling his purpose. he did it for attention and a buzz and she’s just given him one

Last edited:

Blueblue123

VIP Member
It’s not that I hate the fatties I just hate that they get away with their pure laziness. More so than a thin or healthy person because no one wants to come across mean to them. I’m sorry that I’ve probably hurt your feelings and I’m sure you’re the exception to the rule and you’re not lazy. It wasn’t meant to offend anyone.
She is lazy.
Oh, with a dress size of UK 8-10 I'm not fat so this isn't personal. But I have no problem calling out prejudice and bigotry 😊

• Haha

eyespybs123

Chatty Member
I've not noticed this giggling thing and I've watched a lot of her videos. Could it potentially be a nervous reaction from talking about something serious?
In her old videos she didn't though which I think is why it's so obvious. As soon as she started to move into mainstream influencing her videos changed from serious and respectful to light-hearted and jokey ☹

If you want a true crime youtuber who is respecful and accurate, then I'd recommend Georgia Marie. Her videos are so well researched and she has covered quite a few cases that highlight issues such as racism and homophobia.

• Heart

l2mhb0

I was early to her recent 2 parter (I watched it about an hour after her uploading) and the amount of comments of people crying at a ‘cliffhanger’.... :sick:

Somebody has lost their life and people act as if it’s a tv show that is completely made up. This is REAL LIFE and it isn’t made up for entertainment, I am so sick of Eleanor treating these cases as if they are a silly drama, it’s real life. Just do it all in one video, or if the video will be over an hour and a half THEN it’ll be acceptable for a two parter (Stephanie Harlow does this, and she actually does her ads respectfully). Eleanor can’t make a video over an hour long because she doesn’t do any research, she just recites Wikipedia. So sick of her taking advantage of people who have died to turn it into a drama and cliffhangers and anticipation all so she can get extra £££.

True crime isn’t about the money. Especially when the sponsorships are completely unrelated to your channel. Why do other youtubers in the true crime community get less views than this fool.

lilly92

All the top comments on her latest video are praising her for her research skills....even though she doesn't even do her own research??

I honestly don't think any other True Crime YouTuber will ever top ThatChapter for me. He genuinely makes me laugh out loud while remaining respectful and absolutely hates mentioning that he has merch or trying to sell people things or get them to follow his socials which he rarely even posts on

• Heart

Loveitme

VIP Member
She’s pissing me off lately how disrespectful she is towards the victims and their families in the cases she covers .Also ,if she does have someone researching for her then she needs to sack them becuase she’s covered 2 cases from my area ,both happened in the last 20 years and both quite factually incorrect and lacking detail.She needs to look to Kendall Rae for some compassion

ot55

VIP Member
I'm really put off by this merch launch tbh...it would be different if she released t-shirts with a link for a charity for missing people or something that actually raised awareness Like Kendall Rae and helped the families of missing and murdered people and if some of the money went to charity? But as far as I'm aware she's keeping all the profits and all of her merch just has her name on it? Bit egotistical and it makes me feel like she's profiting off murder victims.
These are my thoughts exactly. Kendall raises loads of money for good causes with her merch campaigns, but it’s like Eleanor is using murder victims to buy herself a new car or a fancy holiday 😐

There’s a clear difference between those who make true crime videos to spread awareness, and those who know it brings in views.

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
I mean it is a song lyric but it is fairly bad taste for a true crime youtuber. Don't think it was intended maliciously or is super deep, she probably just wasn't thinking when she chose that particular line. Hopefully she realizes and changes it out.
But she should realise how it would look? This is her job which pays her bills and funds her life she should think before she posts anything to ensure it’s not going to come across badly and as a true crime youtuber she should have known this would look bad?

AnonyGoss

VIP Member
Take this true crime story

Leomie Anderson (Harry Uzoka ex) has been very vocal about respecting Harry and his family which is why I thought it was an odd choice for her to pick
Aside from Leomie (the victim's ex), his 'current' girlfriend who he was dating when he died, also didn't want to speak about it. She's a model too, and went MIA for a while after it happened. This video might be damaging to her.

His friends and family have also been very private about it. His mum moved back to Nigeria get away from all the press and media attention. His brother has said before that the family DO NOT want this case discussed more.

I understand that it's a public story for anyone to tell, but most crime Youtubers consider the family before putting out a video.

• Angry
  • Sad

rivers

Started watching Eleanor's videos lately. I like her as a person and they're pretty interesting, if a little basic in some parts, but man, the ads...

I understand needing to make a living as a youtuber but the ads on every single video for Function of Beauty and other brands that lifestyle influencers promote feel like she's monetizing cases in a really obvious way. I'd rather she built a personal brand, in the way Bailey Sarian has, and kept the constant ads to that. Don't really like Bailey's videos but I've seen a few and don't recall ads in them constantly as Eleanor has.

I'm watching the Jerry Brudos video and she's advertising care/of vitamins that don't even ship to the UK? Why advertise a product that you can't even get yourself? Even if her subs are American, it feels so disingenuous.

I get that true crime youtubers want to put pictures of themselves in thumbnails so people recognise their videos. But something about the new one from Eleanor (Lee Rigbys murder) has really rubbed me the wrong way 😂

It’s more about ‘oh look at me’ instead of the focus being on poor man who was murdered. They’ve turned into ‘spooky stories’ as she calls them instead of actual real life tragedies.

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
I just want to say to families who’s cases she’s covered I hope you’re all okay. I cannot believe she has been contacted and not removed the videos. I also cannot believe she makes things up. It’s disgusting that she doesn’t contact a family or attempt to before sharing a story. I know some other true crime YouTubers work closely with families and have removed videos on request when the family hasn’t been happy so I can’t believe Eleanor is getting a way with this.

I do think Eleanors fandom are so biased and don’t really realise how inappropriate she is at times.
The incongruent giggling and random accents she does when talking about people being murdered makes me feel ill 😂

Sardine

Chatty Member
regardless of wether it’s a song lyric or not, a person whose job is to respectfully talk about crime cases in THE most respectful way, and to show compassion to victims, should not be using captions like that in a jokey way on a picture of herself.

this is a girl who every video claims to have the utmost respect for crime victims and she thinks it’s appropriate to post a song lyric of a man who murdered someone in the most disgusting way and uploaded it to the internet, as well as murdering animals and filming it

even if it is a song lyric it’s still disgusting, her of all people should not be using it on a photo

edit- also if you haven’t seen the documentary about him, he’s an extreme narcissist and did all of these things for ATTENTION, he thrived off of it. multiple people involved in the case have said that the best way to punish him and to give some kind of justice back to the victims is to not give him the time of day and any recognition that may put him on a pedestal and look as though people are fawning over him. not to fawn over him and make it a big deal. it’s bad enough there’s a song lyric about him, but a true crime youtube has really just gone and done the EXACT OPPOSITE of what everyone involved has stated to do. he murdered those cats and that person literally for attention because he wanted there to be a sick buzz about it

he’s an extreme narcissist whose murdered people and eleanor has just gone and done exactly what he wants. can’t imagine how happy he’d be if he knew a true crime youtuber was making entertaining captions about what he did, she’s literally just fulfilling his purpose. he did it for attention and a buzz and she’s just given him one
I agree - I didn't even know the song and it was clear it was a song lyric but it's really not about that.

You've summed it up perfectly. This is about Eleanor being a hypocrite and using edgelord behaviour to appeal to her dumb 12 year old fan base. She knew the reference fit with her content, she's a stupid cow who has no respect for the victims. Especially as she used to bang on about being completely different on Instagram than YouTube. all the comments like "omg on insta you're less serious than YouTube heheh"

Last edited:

mermaidexoxo

I used to love watching her videos, I find her voice quite soothing and she does seem like a genuinely nice and down to earth girl. But recently I’ve stopped watching due to her covering very well known cases. I now prefer to watch True Crime YouTubers who cover more unknown cases and cases outside of UK. E.g: Georgia Marie, Bella Fiori, Bailey Sarian, Danielle Hallam.