Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
Why does she never put PART 1, PART 2 in her titles. My auto youtube started playing her second part of her most recent (likely un-necessary two parter) but until she started talking I had no idea it was two parts. Its so annoying.

Reactions: 12

blondelolita

Chatty Member
I don’t really get how she has so many subs, there’s a lot of hype around her so I thought I’d have a look and honestly I feel like she’s a bit insensitive to the families, every video i clicked on had a spon?!

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
Honestly what I've often felt about Eleanor and her audience is that they're very immature. I find it super annoying when she criticizes the sentence the culprits are given after the trial because it's clear she doesn't know anything about how legal systems work and that you can't just throw away the key for anyone who commits a crime.
I agree - I also find it annoying she’ll say things and be like ‘oh I don’t know about that’ like I remember she did it about studying medicine at uni in the uk. It doesn’t take much to research this to add to her story rather than just saying she doesn’t know about it.

blaforis

All of her ads never make any sense. The function of beauty ads, gaming apps, gym shark etc, we’ve never seen her use or play any of these things, she never posts content about it whether it be on her youtube twitter or instagram.
Ads only work and make people actually want to buy things when influencers are seen using them. Bella Fiori for example, her channel is lifestyle/true crime. She often does videos on her day routines, fashion hauls, skincare etc and her ads actually correlate to her channel, making people want to invest.
Eleanors ads never make any sense, which constantly makes it seem like all she cares about is sponsorships and money

Somethingandnothing

I’m getting tired of her videos and how she’s blatantly reading everything word for word off blogs and news articles etc. Her work has gone downhill majorly

citrineday

Chatty Member
she used to make one part videos over an hour long. her most recent case is a two parter that are both 40 mins. did she really need to make that into 2 parts? all for the ££££

i think it’s a money motive as people on here have mentioned, but i think it is also so that she doesn’t have to upload as much. if it was condensed into one video then she would need to post a whole other video sooner, lazyyyy

Lucia

VIP Member
She puts no effort in but has managed to make a pretty penny off it. She literally adds very little insight or awareness like its not cute if you're posting and talking about something harrowing damn well know what you're talking about

The only people associated with true crime I respect are the writers who put years into researching their books, and clearly care about the subject matter. I'd hope true crime youtube would die off, but sadly it's innate in humans to be interested in the macabre and too easy money for these leeches to stop exploiting that.
Where is the line between the Logan Paul Suicide Forest video, and the sensationalist stuff that Eleanor posts?

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Eleanor is VERY lucky her views allow her to be so lazy. She's always had the same excuses but at least she used to put a little more work in... But I guess she doesn't need to anymore.

I'm sure she banks a few thousand per video/sponsorship which is enough to last her a few months.

She seems to stay home a lot and just wears jumpers so her money will only be going to her makeup hobby if that's still a thing. I don't follow her socials just going off what I've seen when I've looked her up and her older content.

goldauau

She drags her videos out way too much now in my opinion. If Georgia Marie (love her) can tell a case in one video, it shouldn’t require her to make a 3 parter like with the moors murders, just boring fluff

I get she gets the majority of her income from sponsorships and I feel like the odd sponsorship if it's relevant is okay - but I was watching a video the other day and the advert was for fucking tennis clash? I feel like she'd endorse anything.

blaforis

in the apartment tour she posted, in some frames she has blurred out the company logo out the window but then in others you can still blatantly see it! wasn’t edited well at all... i noticed it immediately. so many people commented saying they knew exactly where she was from the balcony view! she literally gave the internet an exact shot of where she lives to the point you could find it on google maps...
it’s honestly like she’s learned nothing from doing all these true crime videos

Lucia

VIP Member
Looked at the job she’s advertising. In other words, you do all the work for her, she’ll rock up and read your notes and benefit from all the sponsors 😂 couldn’t see a salary but you know it won’t be near anywhere close to what she gets View attachment 682363
This is literally the most laziest thing I've ever seen the brass neck of her 😆

• Haha

cmj3574

It really frustrates me how much recognition she receives for her true-crime videos when she is unreliable and seems unable to do proper research. Sigh.

Glad to see a few comments on this video actually calling her out for 1) uploading the video in the first place 2) the title and 3) the lack of research and misinformation!
It’s about time!!

jawidjanqndn

VIP Member
i thought i was the only one! i go to watch one of her videos and by the time she’s finished the ad at the start she finally mentions ‘this is part 2’ how am i meant to know?! wish she’d just name it the name thing and add part 1/2/3 at the end. anything for some extra clicks

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Yeah... just gonna ignore the obvious fat people hater...

I don't actually have a huge issue with ads on true crime videos in general. Its youtube, most people do them.

But with no clear upload schedule and every single video being sponsored, it's obvious what drives her content.

All sorts of important crimes could happen but if she couldn't find a sponsor, I doubt she'd bother making a video.

Also it's not good that it's coinciding with her being more insensitive towards the subjects. But she'd be equally insensitive without the ads so for me, that's the bigger issue.

• Heart

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Why does she never put PART 1, PART 2 in her titles. My auto youtube started playing her second part of her most recent (likely un-necessary two parter) but until she started talking I had no idea it was two parts. Its so annoying.
And she often gives the videos completely different names and even different thumbnails so you don't realise what is what.

So even if I had no issues with her unnecessary two parters, I would be annoyed by her content for that reason. Imagine catching up after a while and not knowing what order to watch her videos in?

mochibean

VIP Member
I always thought she read straight off news articles... but she’s pretty much watched the documentary of the murder in derby and copied it adding her own little extra words in. I don’t want to out myself (I like being anon on here but also to respect the persons privacy) but I know someone involved in that case and that documentary and they’re fuming after watching eleanors video because she’s added little bits in (irrelevant to some, but they bother the person involved as it involves them)
I thought she pieced her stories together through wikipedia, articles and maybe the odd part of a documentary but not the whole thing! That's extremely troublesome. I can imagine they're very angry and upset, god knows I think anyone would be.

The thing is the true crime videos are great if they're told in a way to raise awareness, tell the stories of those who can't and are done in an informative but sensitive way. Eleanor seems to not care too much. Sponsor > story with giggling & mistakes > no charity or other information at the end anymore. I feel she no longer cares who she effects with these videos.