Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lilt

Hey! Don’t think I’ve posted in this thread before but I use to really enjoy eleanors videos but recently she’s just become so lazy and it’s so obvious that her uploads are money motivated and she’s not too bothered about the victims and their families. I prefer watching Mollie, you can tell she’s really gone out of her way to research the case properly before filming

Reactions: 12

holly1727373!3

VIP Member
TEN SECONDS into the John Gacy video and she got a detail wrong. John Gacy dressed up as Pogo the clown for parties, hospital visits etc. but she said he dressed up as the clown while murdering people. How can she have a team of researchers and still be wrong about one of the most notorious murderers in history before the video even begins?!
that’s a huge detail to get wrong too. It’s just pure laziness at this point

• Heart

rivers

Decided to watch the video and the intro is literally 'she was loved by thousands and so many men's dream gf'. My god.

I've definitely heard other YouTubers who are far more respectful talk about this case and had no idea that the family didn't want people to talk about this online (knew they were upset about the photos being accessible, understandably, but not this).

Seeing Eleanor advertise Casetify prior to the video feels especially gross. She/her researchers should known how inappropriate this is.

(Edit: Stopped watching. People in the comments are saying the same as the sub. Apparently her research was also incorrect about very basic things.)

(Edit 2: People in the comments saying the family shouldn't be upset about people calling her 'the e girl who was murdered' because 'no case is more special than the others'. Fucking gross. Not Eleanor's fault but the whole comments section is just lacking in any empathy)

Last edited:

mochibean

VIP Member
In her most recent video (which once again she has done 2 parts to make more ££££) she says 'you will want to watch the second one because thats where the gory stuff is' or something along those lines. I had to turn off at this point because that is an incredibly disrespectful way to describe real life people being brutally murdered. Comments like that make it seem as though true crime is for entertainment rather than anything else and dramatises real people. I was so shocked she said it and kept it in.
I agree! Like idk about other viewers but I'm not there for the 'gory stuff'.

Comments like that are unprofessional (as this is her job) and in very poor taste. Does she forget these are real people and it's not fictional?
It's just very off-putting to me.

I wish these YouTubers weren't so overpaid from views, sponserships, merch, ads etc.
It's always the same, they all become greedy in the end.
This. Time and time again. The second they quit their real job and see just how little work they can do while still making decent money, they usually choose the lazy way. And they usually start guilt tripping their viewers and creating Patrons the second they can too. I find Kendall Rae constantly whining about demonitization very off putting. It's crazy to me how any, "average" person doesn't see through YouTubers when they begin to pull this shit.

Reactions: 11

Imalia

She still got a victim's name wrong. The final victim of Gacy's she calls him Rob Priest throughout and his name was Piest. It really bothers me when True Crime youtubers get victim's names wrong.

• Angry

lilly92

I wish these YouTubers weren't so overpaid from views, sponserships, merch, ads etc.
It's always the same, they all become greedy in the end.

She covered one of my family members death and titled it “murdered over changing her Facebook status” the comments on there are heartbreaking for me because of the misinformation she spread, half facts then half entertainment factor of exaggerating facts into lies, we can’t do anything about it we have tried, I don’t know how she gets away with it
this is why I can’t stand the true crime community and these youtubers. They are literally profiting off the tragedies of families like yourselves. I’m so sorry for your family and the person you lost. I don’t know how these people sleep at night knowing they are making light entertainment out of real peoples lives

rivers

Does anyone remember the last time that Eleanor didn't have an ad in her videos? Genuine question. I still watch her content, despite some qualms, and I literally cannot remember a time that she didn't include a sponsor.

Edit: Fixed typo.

Last edited:

karenjet

VIP Member
Eleanor, please dust that moon shelf behind you! You can see the dust thick on it and I can’t keep my eyes off it! The sleeve of your Neale jumper should do the trick 😉

• Haha

NikkiHenry

She cares more about her sponsors than anything else. Mollie is fab. I love Coffeehouse crime too. He's my new fave.

andersanna

I watched one of her older videos earlier. Like from a few years back. Insane that they were a lot better- most of the time these creators improve but she’s actually gotten worse. I watched the millie dowler case. Basic information, nothing amazing in terms of research at all. But the delivery was clear and quite sympathetic and respectful. No giggling, stupid smirks, pathetic jokes and unneeded personal thoughts that you see in all her videos now. Don’t watch them anymore bc they are so disrespectful now

CrystalM

Her accent took a bit of getting used to put it that way but she is my favourite crime YouTuber. Don’t follow her on twitter though as she’s a whole different person, fan hurling over boybands and seriously emo!