Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

thereala_

Cba with her using clickbait titles for her videos. It’s a true crime video, not a fkin drama performance. I wish she would show some damn respect.

Reactions: 11

rivers

i mean her channel is about about true crime specifically. other things may come into plus but her channel is true crime based so she doesn’t owe you anything about that

this to me comes back to womens ‘obligations’ we don’t owe you anything outside of what we have to do do our appearance shouldn’t come into play unless it’s what our job requires.

there’s actual shit to criticise eleanor on not to do with appearance, so îmo we should stick to that otherwise it’s being rude to no reason
Agreed with this totally.

I am curious about her weight loss on a personal level and I see why people are discussing it on the sub but I think it's honestly her choice if she wants to disclose how she lost weight or keep it private. It's not even something that Eleanor herself has brought up as far as I'm aware beyond being upset when people said she looked sickly after losing weight (which I get... she did look a bit tired but can't do wrong for doing right and that). As long as she isn't promoting anything unhealthy as a means of getting thinner like diet teas or whatever then I think she can say as much or as little as she wants.

• Heart
Georgia Marie had her appendix out and still managed to stay pretty well on schedule as well as posted about why she might not be posting so that her viewers know what's up. Imagine that Eleanor.. Still doing work despite being in pain or sick.. Despite the fact you don't feel like it.. How can that be possible??

candlej

I’m sorry but part 1 and part 2 of a true crime video on one case being stretched out over four days is a bit excessive. But whatever brings in the most money I guess 🤑

justme92

i see she renamed her “the lana clarkson case” video to “music producer turned murderer- phil spector”

anything to make the video seem more eye catching for the purpose of entertainment eh? anything to bring in more views and £. and taking the name away from the victim in the process
She should be fucking ashamed of herself. How can she justify this? It's pure clickbait. Sadly a lot of YouTubers jump on the true crime trend for the views and money but at the very least focus on the victim(s) !!!

anon20

VIP Member
In her most recent video when she was doing her content
To be fair when I moved out of my parents house when I was around her age I lost a ton of weight and basically stopped looking after myself, drinking all the time/eating crap/staying awake all hours so it may be that paired with the dramatic weight loss
But I do agree she doesn’t look well recently! Plus the fact her videos have gotten significantly less respectful over the last couple of months, the incongruent giggling while talking about literal murder really irks me. Never the less though I hope she’s doing okay and is taking care of herself.
what done it for me on her last video was her content warning (this may be a bit petty) she done her usual content warning which included manipulation and DV and normally she says it so respectful, this time she said she’ll see us soon with another case so BYE. The way she said that, as a DV survivor I couldn’t believe how disrespectful she was about it. I don’t get triggered by it though so I carried on watching it. I wasn’t even watching her when she said it (was just listening) but you could hear the enthusiasm behind her voice😂 she’s getting too cocky now.

Roasthinch

I disagree, I think in her latest couple of videos she looks awful. Nothing to do with her weight (🙄 Eleanor when you read here). But I think she looks unwell lately, gaunt, dull, pale and dark circles under her eyes... An absolute shadow of the bright, glowing, happy woman she was when I first started watching.
This coupled with her behaviour on her second channel I feel like substance abuse is involved.

Bilbo16

VIP Member
Yeah... just gonna ignore the obvious fat people hater...

I don't actually have a huge issue with ads on true crime videos in general. Its youtube, most people do them.

But with no clear upload schedule and every single video being sponsored, it's obvious what drives her content.

All sorts of important crimes could happen but if she couldn't find a sponsor, I doubt she'd bother making a video.

Also it's not good that it's coinciding with her being more insensitive towards the subjects. But she'd be equally insensitive without the ads so for me, that's the bigger issue.
I don’t think anyone has an issue with her doing the ads, I think it’s more about how she’s doing them, jumping from a sad story, to talking about a mobile phone game in the space of a few seconds.

candlej

I’ve been thinking that about the titles. They’re pretty disrespectful seeing as these were real people

ginandlipstick

Another two parter! It’s so obvious she’s doing it so she can get at least two sponsorships per case. Also it’s really irritating me that she makes the two parts sound completely unrelated:
‘The English eyeball killer’ and ‘the school boy serial killer’
‘The reality tv show murder’ and ‘the body found in a suitcase’

Totally agree that the titles are pure clickbait. Like the one she titled ‘the Chinese takeaway killer’...it seemed really unnecessary
Exactly this! I think it really dehumanises the victims for the sake of views and promotes the killer in these cases. I’m not sure whether this is the case in the actual videos herself as I no longer watch her - but it’s awful if she is.

Just kind of frustrated she has the platform that she has and she can’t even give the victims in the cases she relies on for income their names and dignity.

AshyCylinder

I feel with Eleanor, there's no depth. Danelle Hallan & Kendall Rae for example, as mentioned before, seem to actually dive into their research and on several cases have worked with family members to gain a better insight.

Eleanor just reads out the basic facts, and repeats them several times to make her videos longer. Pair that with her posing in the thumbnails and it's clear she's realised True Crime brings in quick money, so I've unsubscribed.

ChloeBee

I mean tbf I’ve never understood what you guys mean when you say the data she pulls up is the same as on Wikipedia or another documentary because where else could one get it from? I’ve never really researched cases in my free time but I imagine a lot of info is probably never realised to the larger public but maybe someone has and could enlighten me on the process
There's other youtubers who use loads of news articles, police reports, coroners reports, look up theories on forums, speak to family/have family involvement etc but in comparison she's just reading the Wikipedia page on camera

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Take away all her thousand parters and ads can we just appreciate how amazing she looks in her newest video?! Very minimal makeup and looking really healthy! Compared to her weight in locked in she must be a good 80+ pounds down?! X
I went to go look at her screen grabs as I couldn't be bothered to click and just realised she uses stock photos for her thumbnails. I think she has a selection but she repeats the images.

I dunno why that's so funny to me but I guess it's efficient! One less job! And what she looks like is the least important thing.

Screenshot_20210817-140429_YouTube.jpg
It's not that obvious because she doesn't change her look up that much.

• Haha

Tracy Beaker

I swear I'm not normally this petty even on a gossip forum but the giggling??? On her Instagram stories when she does her giggly ditzy thing I seriously have to think if she's just constantly stoned or something??
Annoying isn’t it? I normally read things like this and think ‘that’s nit-picky’ but I 100% agree with you. I think it’s more annoying because she never used to be like that and it’s such an obviously disingenuous ‘persona’ that she’s come up with to almost infantilise herself for whatever reason.

Her video about the murder of Helen Bailey contained some errors that she had taken from a documentary without fact-checking them. And I'm sure it's not the only one (remember her initial video about the disappearance - now a solved murder - of Alissa Turney was so inaccurate that the victim's sister asked her to take it down?)

• Wow
  • Sad
So that was her that Stephanie Harlow spoke about in a video once about a true crime YouTuber being disrespectful to a victims family me never
The victim's sister seemed to be OK with it, she worked with Eleanor to make a better and factually accurate video about the case. But the fact remains that Eleanor had to be asked to take the original down because it was so poorly researched

I personally don’t think she’s profiting off murder victims, her YouTube has done well, therefore she has “fans” and people who want to buy this stuff, and almost all youtubers have merch. Just because she does a different style of videos to most other Youtubers doesn’t mean she’s profiting off victims
I'm confused as to how you're saying she's not profiting off them when she... Literally is? She has a Patreon and takes shitty sponsors whenever she can. If they don't get demonitized she makes money that way. From what I see this is just what got her channel off the ground after much effort on her part. It's more than a, "different style video" unless the video style you're referring to is, "immature and lazy".