Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mochibean

VIP Member
sooooo….bc i didn’t feel like waiting to hear the end of the story, I started watching Mollie Westbrook’s video on this case and…

well…

it’s actually quite freaky how similar e’s verbiage is to what mollie is saying. I understand they are probably looking at the same or similar sources but just…the beats of the story are almost identical…the parts that Mollie calls out as being especially tragic are the same things called out in pt 1 of e’s video.

am i crazy??
You're not crazy! I watched Mollie's video as well and it's so similar.

Also the sponsor, Function of Beauty I've seen many people have issues with hair loss from these shampoos and conditioners.

Reactions: 11

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
I used to really like her videos but i feel theres always an excuse (not saying MH is an excuse dont come for me), but shes been inconsistent posting for well over a year and theres ALWAYS an excuse and never an apology, I assume YT is her job but she uploads hardly ever any more and its not to the same standard as previously, in a regular job people would get real sick of excuses constantly for being late / not providing something real quick. Not saying owes anyone anything and i hope her MH improves, but I can see how people who enjoy her content (myself included) grow bored of waiting and move on, its hardly like she covers a unique subject anymore

I watch her videos and I love her accent! I think she's a bit dramatic on insta so I unfollowed her but I just think it's because she's young

citrineday

Chatty Member
I wonder if she’s been reading here and picked up on the lack of research comments 😂🤔
Does anyone know if Eleanor actually has any qualifications or history studying law/ true crime?
omg she’s an actual embarrassment. “i’m hiring you to do all the research for my videos so i can read everything you’ve done and look like i’ve done it all and prepared everything well, and will look good to people. then i’m gonna do an insensitive ad about a mobile game at the start before talking about a very sensitive subject and pretending to care. and i will earn the majority of the money because it’s my face on the label and i’ll get most of the reward for your work”

mm901

Makeup and beauty styles have changed, you can't expect someone to be the same forever. Maybe after she lost weight she felt she didn't need to do all that? I think she looks really pretty if not tired but who doesn't look tired nowadays lol.

Reactions: 10

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Has anyone seen what she’s posted on her Instagram story this morning? Is it about tattle?
I don't think there are enough fat shaming comments but then I blocked the one user who used to call her fat repeatedly so maybe I can't see it. But there is a notification that says when a post by someone I'm ignoring has been made and I haven't seen that for a while.

I will say any comments here about her weight are almost immediately shut down. Even the one about her looking sickly or tired (maybe not the exact wording but I forgot) was disputed by someone saying she looked normal.

Saying that, I don't know what other forums she's discussed on.

If it's here she's talking about, she could 1) focus on the majority who actually don't stand for fat shaming and 2) take in the valid criticism about treating victims and their stories with respect.

Any comments about her looks must make up about 1% of posts here, it's actually rare.

NikkiHenry

Omg it peed me off no end when she made the Rachel Nickell case a 3 parter! Mollie Westbroke did it just as well (if not better as she read and promoted Alex's book & I'm sure she donated to a charity in her name too) all in ONE VIDEO. I learned absolutely nothing new from EN's 3 videos, a lot of it was repetitive fodder, sponsor, disclaimer, recap, "like I said...."

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Who would want clothing that says true crime on it? She could've at least made it unique to her too. The merch could have been designed by any of the hundreds of true crime creators out there. So basic.

MelissaJade

kendall Rae is excellent.She and her husband recently donated a huge amount of money to the gabby petito charity. Only true crime YouTuber I watch now
Kendall and her partner are so selfless! I remember watching where she donated loads of money to the gabby petito fund. She’s lovely!

Kendall Rae is pregnant 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉 how amazing isthis news?! She will be an amazing mother! I know this isnt Eleanor related but Kendall is mentioned a lot on here (by me aswell) 🤣🎉🎉🎉

Last edited:

citrineday

Chatty Member
Didn’t watch the video but I saw her tweet about the merch when it came out, it’s horrible 😂 looks like little to no effort was put into the designs, not really surprised tbh

edit: added a picture :)
alexa play robbers by the 1975 and badlands by halsey. i feel like i’m in 2015 tumblr. where’s my holographic bag or tacky floral top with an edgy quote on?

• Haha

bigreputation

She can barely string a sensical sentence together sometimes as well. Like at least edit out the bits where you cant think of the right words and do another take 🤦‍♀️

Binx

VIP Member
I can assure you I’m not Eleanor, I just genuinely didn’t fancy an argument with a stranger on the internet at 8am on a Monday morning.

I’ve never looked into her that much to know all the things you’ve stated, I just enjoy her YouTube videos.. 🤷🏻‍♀️
great.

• Haha

goldcharms999

I’ve just seen a tiktok comment describing Eleanor’s job as ‘mentally traumatic’, she’s a youtuber not a coroner 😂😂
honestly the blind followers on tiktok who can’t see how problematic her videos are and just love her because shes oh so quirky actually do my head in, her content is inaccurate, offensive and lazy and only exists when there’s a #spon involved, people need to call it as they see it, glad a few of us have seen sense

• Angry

RosePetals

Chatty Member
I wish youtubers would at least make the products they're promoting look a bit more used..

"everything I need for my hair is in there two bottles"

Well apparently your hair doesn't need much as those are two nearly full bottles.

She uses the same shots of her holding the bottles in the facebook killer video and the Mark Hobson video (about 0:48 and 2:32 respectively), but even when she's just waving the bottles round in the intro you can see there's not much difference in product use.

Her sponsorships are always so awkward as they're not related to her videos or integrated into them, and they're always the companies that sponsor every youtuber going

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
I honestly really like the no makeup/minimal makeup look she went for in the last few videos. I think she looks very pretty

i like eleanor, she used to be by favourite TC tuber, but i don’t like the multiple part thing she has. especially when they’re like 40 mins x 3 and there is a doco that’s less than an hour.

for my go to tubers (i only watch british ones idk why but i find american accents grating sorry to any americans) i like Joshua Miles and Truly Criminal. Both are very respectful and so cases that I’d never have heard of. They also do a lot of cases from places other than the UK and America which is refreshing

EDIT: oh also forgot to add Samantha Melanie, she’s aussie and does only australian cases on her channel. she’s very respectful and well researched
I think Mollie Westbrook is a brilliant tc YouTuber

• Haha

anon20

VIP Member
I used to really like Eleanor when she just covered the crimes and didn't try to make everything jokey and insensitive, can anyone recommend True Crime YTers or podcasters that are similar to Eleanor in the early days? Ideally mainly covering British cases?
I think she’s trying to be like Bailey Sarian, Bailey comes across as really sarcastic and jokey in her videos, like you’re gossiping with a friend kind of scenerio, but that’s how she’s always portrayed herself so she seems to get away with it. Eleanor is trying way too hard.

Georgia Marie is very good. The videos are always very sensitively done.
I do like her videos, but I can’t listen to her voice for too long. She longs out the last word in her sentences 😂

daniibxo

I’m watching her ‘Body in the Woodchipper’ video now and it’s really pissing me off how she’s mispronouncing the victim’s name. It’s “Hell-uh,” not “Hell” ffs, a quick google search could tell you that. How disrespectful. Doesn’t she have researchers and an editor as well? So reading the script is her only job and she can’t even do that right.

Her comments about CAHMS mental health services in her recent video are so irresponsible.
Fair enough it’s not always great but the amount of young people in her audience and she’s saying they make your mental health worse 😂 could potentially be quite damaging!!