Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ot55

VIP Member
On tiktok, there’s been a rise of people calling out true crime creators, basically for exploiting off victims and treating serious crimes like light hearted entertainment.

In the comments of every single one of these videos, people are like ‘this is why I only watch Eleanor Neale, she’s so respectful’.

I’ve seen a few people disagree and point out Eleanor’s click bait and grabbiness, but her fans just aren’t having it.

I don’t find it very respectful to be talking about a murder whilst your video is sponsored by a murder mystery mobile game or ‘hunt a killer’ activity pack 😐

Here’s an example of one of the tiktoks, it’s like the Eleanor neale fan club in the comments

Reactions: 10

simmehchan

Agree that she's changed so much. I feel like it started when she moved to London? Maybe a bit before then? I'm not sure if it's just an act but it must be so exhausting to act that manic all the time.

NikkiHenry

Does anyone have any recommendations for true crime youtubers that they like to watch? I used to watch Kendall Rae but i haven’t in a year or so.
I love Mollie Westbrook. She seems to genuinely care about victims, shows a lot of respect, and provides as much information as she can. She doesn't go OTT with sponsors... I just skip that bit. She's very well spoken, very clear, very easy to listen to. No silly smirking/voices/showing off.

anon20

VIP Member
Eleanor is even more unlikeable lately, the new intro with the knife... like really? She's covered cases with knife crime as the main theme just seems a bit tacky to use as an intro. The giggling, eye-rolling and immature comments are just gross. Does she forget these are REAL people's traumatic events and not just some made-up story?! She's so incredibly insensitive it's infuriating.

Her fans are also something else entirely, I got attacked and harassed on tiktok for calling her out on her bs on a video about insensitive true crime creators. They need a reality check if they think the way she presents these videos is in any way okay.
I think she’s a likeable person, when she’s not doing crime videos. I really liked her when I found her two years ago, I thought she told the stories so respectfully. Now she just seems a bit too comfortable and is so disrespectful. She’s also doing a lot of new cases, this is so wrong. It’s still very raw for victims etc. She needs to get back to her old ways, also her researchers are shocking, could literally read it on wiki in 2 minutes.

j2611m2805

Her Elaine O’Hara videos were horrifying.
I watch her pretty regularly, but I wasn’t able to make it through that. The way the milked that poor woman’s mental health struggles and further stigmatized her by giggling and speaking all hush hush about her sex life, which she herself said Elaine would bring up in therapy because it was an issue for her, was a disservice and disgusting.
The trigger warnings are pointless, too. Saying there’s going to be “talk of suicide” doesn’t cover it. I’m not one to be impacted by mentions of suicide, which is why I kept watching, but nothing could have prepared me to hear her mention each attempt individually.

And not related, but the way she recycles selfies to use as thumbnails is embarrassing.

Noscrubs

I enjoy watching her from time to time, but I do think she just reads from websites etc. There’s no investigative feel to her videos.

Her social media presence makes me cringe a bit because I feel like it’s not really her personality. A bit dramatic.

holly1727373!3

VIP Member
Have you all noticed that she usually covers cases after they make Netflix documentaries about them. She doesn’t even make an effort to find cases that actually could benefit from the coverage

MsMisfit

First time returning to Eleanor's videos for a few months (I've been away) I was genuinely baffled with the new giddy, upbeat and almost mean girl persona she has adopted in her latest videos, It's incredibly disrespectful and distasteful. Very much a jovian me girl attitude it's wildly inappropriate. I used to enjoy her videos, it seems like she is trying to become a popular influencer, hence the second channel. She should keep her childish personality for the other channel. I have since unsubscribed. Also I am friends with some of the family members of people she has covered and they are incredibly unhappy, they have tried to contact her to take some videos down or re film them but she simply ignored them. Very bizarre. I will stick with Stephanie Harlow. Such a shame!
I hadn't watched her in a while either, mainly because I feel that she does the absolute minimum in research, gets so much wrong and it felt like she was just reading from Wiki. I've literally just watched her video on the Playboy bunny because it was a suggestion and I'm honestly fuming! She sits smirking and grinning the whole way through it. She has zero compassion or thought for the victims she talks about or their loved ones. To me she acts like a silly little girl (no idea what age she actually is) who doesn't give a damn. She needs to grow up a bit before attempting to talk about such tragic and serious subjects. Unsubscribed!

Lola3333

I used to really like her but then realised she literally does no extra research at all on cases and just reads out Wikipedia pages like someone else here has mentioned. People like Danelle Hallan and Stephanie Harlowe are such much better and you can tell a lot of research goes into their videos.

• Heart

Gilly88

I don’t understand these new Londoners who move here with tons of money but then decide to live in overpriced flats in these soulless areas. She could literally have moved to actual nice areas like Kensington, Chelsea, Notting Hill, Hampstead, Fulham, Angel, Clapham etc. for the same price if not cheaper.

I know the area she lives in and it’s a dull corporate area, full of office buildings and a large Asda. That’s literally it, it’s a notoriously dead area to live in. You’re paying city prices but get none of the benefits of living in a city.

The flat developers in the area are profiting from those (mainly international students) who are clueless and don’t know much about the city- Eleanor included.

FJones

You’re not alone. I posted here last year about someone I knows experience. She pretty much copied word for word a documentary about a case by some tv company, then added her own info in. Actual made up shit that features NOWHERE and isn’t true. I’m gonna guess they’re her own assumptions but in the video she’s like “name was feeling. Name said. Name did this” (name to protect persons identity)
Said person tried everything to get it taken down, or at least the bits of her edited out and lies removed but she even messaged Eleanor herself last year on Instagram and email but No response. As well as giving the video a completely irrelevant name to the case which we found very disrespectful. She really doesn’t deserve the platform she has but people don’t seem to see what she’s really like and it does our heads in.
I honestly couldn’t have said it any better myself, my family were heartbroken the mother of my cousin who was “covered” sank back into a bad depression, her kids were able to read the comments left by people, she comes off nice and respectful and the gullible ones fall for it, I just wished she had gave us the heads up of what she was doing it really blind sided us

• Sad
All she’s done is blur the pictures and not even replied to any of my family members with an apology or anything
She is awful and does NOT deserve her platform ... blurring the photos doesn't cut it, if you have been asked to take down the video, take it down! She's had to do this at least once before so she has no excuse. I'm so sorry for everything you and your family are going through

rivers

Not saying anything new but the fact every part of the most recent case that she covered has its own unique sponsor (and one being haircare?) is taking the piss. Feels like it was dragged out for that reason. I actually found the video really interesting to watch but the ads are taking the piss.

Reactions: 9

citrineday

Chatty Member
why does she constantly put on a baby voice on instagram/ tiktok/ etc? so creepy and weird.

• Haha

Elisha97

Chatty Member
I’ve been bulk watching her videos, I don’t bother with people on any other forms of social media. I think her videos make nice background noise as I potter about doing my day during lockdown haha

ot55

VIP Member
Omg that’s grim. The worst part is everyone’s hyping her up in the comments as if it’s so cool and edgy 🙄🙄

But yeah so much for her intro about never wanting to be disrespectful and it’s all just for education