Eleanor Florence #6 Lawyer no more, pines for days of Joe yore, poor life choices galore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm younger than Elle, and I once thought she was classy because I didn't know any better.

Reactions: 16
Sorry to hear about your ED histories, ladies, and I’m glad you’re all doing better now. I also feel bad now for making fun of Elle’s weight at times - she’s certainly not fat by any normal standards and I hope those comments weren’t triggering for many of you and I will not make them again in the future. For context, I’ve been underweight my entire life and grew up in a family of tall, lean people who all eat quite a bit (I was by far the shortest and biggest one in my extended family in my age group) and I didn’t pause to think that that probably wasn’t normal. I weigh around 50kg at 5’7 and my female cousin who is 5’10 has the exact same weight. Even my 6’2/6’3 male cousins rarely weight over 70kg so I didn’t really pause and think about how my comments may come off, and how unusual they probably are vs actual normal, healthy people.

Bringing the subject back to Elle, we’re almost due for a new thread soon! Any title suggestions?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm younger than Elle, and I once thought she was classy because I didn't know any better.
Me too. I used to look up to her. I know, cringe now. But as a newly graduated trying to navigate in the corporate world, she seemed to have nice tips some good years ago. I still have a style similar to hers in her previous years (I hate loafers, so I just use ballet flats and heels and I don't really use pearls anymore, but my style is really like hers in Joe era and before) and I couldn't imagine paying all that much for a designer bag. I'm from South America, a 1.5k USA priced Chanel bag here can cost up to 15k ou 16k in our local currency. I went to a "luxury thrift shop" in the most expensive neighborhood in town a couple of months ago and a pre-loved Chanel of a not so classic color or model was around 13k. I payed 19k for my almost new car, I would never pay this much for a purse! We have great local brands of real leather and great quality purses priced around 150 or 250. The only women I know use Chanel or these international brands around here are really, really, really wealthy and definitely not the kind of person you run into at the mall during lunch shopping off-season bags. But here we have an absurd amount of stylish women - it's just that designer bags aren't really the most important thing on their lists. I worked with a engineer that was extremely classy and well-off and she told me: if you're not well-dressed spending under 150 in clothing, you can spend 15k in whatever designer goods you want and you'll still won't be well dressed.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I am willing to bet she changed out of hiking boots into those loafers for their meal out. I usually do that too and leave my muddy boots in the trunk and put on clean shoes.Also I am born and raised in Seattle. I also usually bring another shirt and sweatshirt so I don’t have to be sweaty while enjoying a meal or beer out after a hike.
Perhaps, and that sounds like a great idea. With Elle though, we've seen her wear inappropriate shoes to exercise before. Flats to her exercise class (and if I'm not mistaken she ended up barefoot in one of the classes), something flimsy for hiking before, and dressy shoes for cycling. It was not a reach to think that she wore the loafers on a hike, but hopefully I'm wrong 😄

Reactions: 7
That's a great question and you've got me thinking. And sorry about your ED history. I hope things will improve for you one day. There is hope!

Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned her cankles, so I'll answer the question and move on. I do just want to note that there's nothing wrong with anybody's body that they can't help, and I only pointed it out in the picture because Elle is all about flattering her figure/features.

I'm guessing what makes the cankles is #2 with a combination of the cut of the top of her shoes (notice how she chooses ones typically square cut). Her calves blend into her ankles which blend into her feet. And then the square tongue of the shoe just continues that line. Not flattering on her. Or practical, in this case.
There is a disclaimer that I read into every post here i.e. any criticism of body shape, size, looks; lifestyle; tastes; and interests are Elle-specific and not related to any other person, living or deceased. 😋

I have 0 qualms about criticizing her cankles, because they stand in opposition to the lies that she's feeding us about her active lifestyle. I am sure there are rare exceptions out there, but I've not seen one active person with cankles. My average body is the result of my (relatively) inactive lifestyle. I have no problem owning up to it. I hike 20km once a week and apart from short walks on other days, I am not as active as I used to be before Covid. I am getting back into gear, but I don't feel the need to pretend to be super active or fit when that's not true for me right now. I wish Elle would be as honest about her current reality. She can't be real even as the world is going to tit...

• Heart
Reactions: 12
There is a disclaimer that I read into every post here i.e. any criticism of body shape, size, looks; lifestyle; tastes; and interests are Elle-specific and not related to any other person, living or deceased. 😋

I have 0 qualms about criticizing her cankles, because they stand in opposition to the lies that she's feeding us about her active lifestyle. I am sure there are rare exceptions out there, but I've not seen one active person with cankles. My average body is the result of my (relatively) inactive lifestyle. I have no problem owning up to it. I hike 20km once a week and apart from short walks on other days, I am not as active as I used to be before Covid. I am getting back into gear, but I don't feel the need to pretend to be super active or fit when that's not true for me right now. I wish Elle would be as honest about her current reality. She can't be real even as the world is going to tit...
Why do I get the vibe that she's pretending to be this hiking obsessed, granola, PNW sporty girl in order to take photos for her dating profile to catch her next victim?

Eleanor Florence didn't do it all those years in Vancouver, which has pretty much the same climate as Seattle with equally if not more beautiful hiking locations nearby, because she always had a man and probably didn't feel the need.

Agree that any rude comments I make unintentionally or otherwise in this thread regarding looks are purely directed at Elle, who thinks she's a beautiful princess and everyone here is a jealous hater.

• Heart
Yup, I agree. I like that she cooks, she eats, and she enjoys the food she eats. Maybe she tends to cook rich food, or carby food or cheesy food, but generally she seems to have a good relationship with food, and she is clearly not overweight. I hope the criticisms about how her body looks (which honestly I never understood - she looks fine) doesn't change her seemingly healthy outlook when it comes to food.
This is the one thing I love about Elle. She loves food! I can get behind that.

Reactions: 6
Elle’s body type. Argh.

I want to preface by saying I have never, ever thought she was fat. I’ve said this multiple times in this forum. I think my main criticisms stem from her portraying an image that is the complete opposite of reality, which she does in all aspects of her life. While *I* think she is slim (I still believe she’s a 5’3” size 4...which again, translates differently depending on your height), she’s definitely not athletic, nor does she seem to eat ultra healthy. Again, that’s fine but to label your dairy laden food on your bistro site as “healthy” is deceptive, imo.

She’s free to do and eat what she wants (and good for her! Not being sarcastic here) but let’s not pretend she’s a 5’9” size 2 stylish-modelesque princess like she thinks she is.

Btw, my own mother has had her own issues with food and her skin color. Growing up with her insecurities has made me self conscious as well and has contributed to my not being close with and resenting her, among other things.

• Heart
Elle’s body type. Argh.

I want to preface by saying I have never, ever thought she was fat. I’ve said this multiple times in this forum. I think my main criticisms stem from her portraying an image that is the complete opposite of reality, which she does in all aspects of her life. While *I* think she is slim (I still believe she’s a 5’3” size 4...which again, translates differently depending on your height), she’s definitely not athletic, nor does she seem to eat ultra healthy. Again, that’s fine but to label your dairy laden food on your bistro site as “healthy” is deceptive, imo.

She’s free to do and eat what she wants (and good for her! Not being sarcastic here) but let’s not pretend she’s a 5’9” size 2 stylish-modelesque princess like she thinks she is.

Btw, my own mother has had her own issues with food and her skin color. Growing up with her insecurities has made me self conscious as well and has contributed to my not being close with and resenting her, among other things.
Elle definitely acts and "models" her clothes (gag) like someone who thinks she's a size two, 5'9 model, which just...isn't the case. And her incessant need to remind us of how "tiny" and "pale' she is is just aggravating. My cousin, who is lighter than Elle (and is often using tanning lotions to look less pale/sickly, especially in the winter), an industry size zero, 5'10, and an actual model, doesn't feel any need to remind people constantly of her size or the lightness of her skin. It's such a strange obsession and Eleanor does it multiple times in each video that she puts out, whenever she is showing her clothing or makeup purchases.

It's nice that Elle eats but her recipes are not healthy, nor do they look delicious. But honestly, I doubt she cares much for the bistro other than pretending to be a food blogger with it and using it to bump us down in search. :ROFLMAO:

I'm so sorry to hear that about your mother...that is really unfair to you and I hope you know that regardless of your skin color, race, or family origins, you are valued, beautiful, and no race or color is above any other.

Elle definitely acts and "models" her clothes (gag) like someone who thinks she's a size two, 5'9 model, which just...isn't the case. And her incessant need to remind us of how "tiny" and "pale' she is is just aggravating. My cousin, who is lighter than Elle (and is often using tanning lotions to look less pale/sickly, especially in the winter), an industry size zero, 5'10, and an actual model, doesn't feel any need to remind people constantly of her size or the lightness of her skin. It's such a strange obsession and Eleanor does it multiple times in each video that she puts out, whenever she is showing her clothing or makeup purchases.

It's nice that Elle eats but her recipes are not healthy, nor do they look delicious. But honestly, I doubt she cares much for the bistro other than pretending to be a food blogger with it and using it to bump us down in search. :ROFLMAO:

I'm so sorry to hear that about your mother...that is really unfair to you and I hope you know that regardless of your skin color, race, or family origins, you are valued, beautiful, and no race or color is above any other.
Aww, thanks. I will say one thing I am jealous of Elle is (and I’ve referenced this before) her closeness with her mother. I am not close with mine, although I do recognize her flaws (which she couldn’t help) and try not to let them influence how I view things or my life. So it kills me when I see Elle treat her mother shabbily, much like Elle does with everyone she is close to. 🙄😂

With regard to her bistro, I hate to say this but after seeing that broccoli soup recipe I never want to eat that stuff again. 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 10
Aww, thanks. I will say one thing I am jealous of Elle is (and I’ve referenced this before) her closeness with her mother. I am not close with mine, although I do recognize her flaws (which she couldn’t help) and try not to let them influence how I view things or my life. So it kills me when I see Elle treat her mother shabbily, much like Elle does with everyone she is close to. 🙄😂

With regard to her bistro, I hate to say this but after seeing that broccoli soup recipe I never want to eat that stuff again. 🤣🤣🤣
I don't think she is close to her mom at all she just uses her as she has no friends.

Reactions: 9
Just catching up on the posts on the reflection of discussions about Elle’s physical image. I have not talked about her physical appearance before but I grew up in Asia and at least in my home country it was pretty common for people to discuss other people’s figure, weight etc. I don’t agree with it but want to mention that it’s more acceptable in some other countries or environments.

My issue with Elle, just like many commenters have pointed out before, is that she keeps portraying that fake image. One of those is that she kept insisting she is an extra small. As a true extra small, I’m about Elle’s height but probably weigh at least 20 pounds less than her. I am not proud of it. I have been regarded as a bit ‘too thin’ my whole life and it’s genetic so there are not that much I can do about it. But I know what a true extra small means and looks and weighs and she is not one. Imagine all the young girls out there who have similar body type as hers and are influenced by her to squeeze themselves into a size 0 and feel frustrated and self-doubting when they find the look is actually not flattering or those size 0 clothes do not fit. She just can’t be truthful to her viewers, or herself.

Edit: this post is not meant to criticize her body figure or to say she’s fat. As other people have mentioned many times before, she is not fat. And I am one of the small group of people actually think she looks attractive when she’s all dolled up. It’s her personality, snootiness, pretentiousness and fakeness that annoy me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
I suspect what may have happened with Elle is what I personally experienced and what I know many people experience. Our bodies are constantly changing. When I was in my early to mid 20s, I was teeny. Then I hit 28 and my body started changing - partly because I was less active, but also because of normal hormones and metabolism changes. But I had always identified as a teeny person, so when it happened, it took me years to accept that my body had actually changed for good, and it was just part of being an adult woman. Then I had a child many years later, and it happened again. I am now about 4 dress sizes away from where I originally started. But that is a normal part of life. I suspect Elle may have started out as a true extra-small and is simply in denial about the fact that things change and it is now time to size up.

I suspect what may have happened with Elle is what I personally experienced and what I know many people experience. Our bodies are constantly changing. When I was in my early to mid 20s, I was teeny. Then I hit 28 and my body started changing - partly because I was less active, but also because of normal hormones and metabolism changes. But I had always identified as a teeny person, so when it happened, it took me years to accept that my body had actually changed for good, and it was just part of being an adult woman. Then I had a child many years later, and it happened again. I am now about 4 dress sizes away from where I originally started. But that is a normal part of life. I suspect Elle may have started out as a true extra-small and is simply in denial about the fact that things change and it is now time to size up.
I can honestly say I don't believe Elle was an extra-small in clothing sizes since she started youtube which was close to 8-10 years ago IIRC.

I can honestly say I don't believe Elle was an extra-small in clothing sizes since she started youtube which was close to 8-10 years ago IIRC.
Right, I would think if anything she was a bit curvier/chubbier when younger

Reactions: 9
Elle’s always had a propensity for tight fitting clothes that can’t be zipped up whether that’s ten years ago or now. 🤣

I think every teenager or college student probably had that phase but most people grow out of it at some point in their 20s, and start choosing more fitting and flattering styles for whatever size they might be. Eleanor Florence didn’t.

In the age of inconsistent and vanity sizing, it is very pointless to squeeze yourself into an “extra extra small” and even weirder to insist on drilling that into other people’s heads. Looking good and being comfortable in your clothes should be the top priority rather than a specific size and the most important thing there is how something fits. If you can’t zip something up or a loose fit sports jacket (that’s meant to go on top of a t-shirt or tank top) is stretched tightly over your stomach and hips, it means it’s not the right size for you.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Nope, she wasn’t. I recall in a much older video she said she would wear a UK size 8, which is equivalent to a US size 4. I also think she wasn’t as obsessed with being tiny back then. It wasn’t until she was dating Joe (and gained weight, although she’s lost it since) she started to wear clothes that didn’t fit her and went down to a size 2. She’s so ridiculous. 🙄

Sorry to hear about your ED histories, ladies, and I’m glad you’re all doing better now. I also feel bad now for making fun of Elle’s weight at times - she’s certainly not fat by any normal standards and I hope those comments weren’t triggering for many of you and I will not make them again in the future.
Glad to read this!

Reactions: 3
Given that she has a sturdy European mother (I'm allowed to say that, I have one too!) and is basically a smaller, but similarly shaped, version of Ginette, it'll be interesting to see how she copes with the effects of all that gud pasta that will start kicking in pretty soon.

BTW, I have a very average body and I don't think there's anything 'wrong' with ANY body shape. As others have said, whatever body comments made here are in relation to Elle's general dishonesty and hypocrisy and are not directed at anyone else.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.