Eleanor Florence #6 Lawyer no more, pines for days of Joe yore, poor life choices galore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does Elle care about anything outside of shopping, bragging, primping, and man-hunting?

Judging by how little effort she seems to make with everything else, I’m gonna say no. The fact that she even bothers with her channel at this point is to make money off her subscribers.

The food blog is probably to impress some guy and also bump us down Google search.
true, she needs to just give up the ghost of her tit show of a channel

Reactions: 7
That bright blue Chanel Boy in her new video looks mighty fake. For such a structured bag, I looked very flimsy and she obviously doesn’t love it because she didn’t talk about it for long.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
That bright blue Chanel Boy in her new video looks mighty fake. For such a structured bag, I looked very flimsy and she obviously doesn’t love it because she didn’t talk about it for long.
Did she say she got it from theRealReal? If I were her, I’d get that sh*t authenticated. They have a bad reputation with selling fake bags and I’ve already heard of multiple people receiving replicas on Purse Forum and review sites like Trustpilot and Sitejabber.

Given how ugly it is she was probably better off buying a replica; at least she’d save more money that way. 😂

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
That bright blue Chanel Boy in her new video looks mighty fake.
No, it's real. No way would the Chinese replica factories would waste their time and money trying to replicate it. They only make things that people want to buy! Elle just can't look after her stuff so everything looks old and shabby.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
She should put more effort into the cooking blog and videos. Those are the only ones I like watching in her channel.

Reactions: 3
Can someone please post a link to the scarf wholesaler in Nepal? Somehow I can’t find the link that was posted few weeks ago! 😢

Reactions: 2
She should put more effort into the cooking blog and videos. Those are the only ones I like watching in her channel.
I don't know... she was sorta blasting those out every second or third week last year and they got stale. I always find her food videos sorta boring (I don't find pasta, soup or muffins that exciting) but do admire how she was very good with cooking, and not getting takeout, after a busy day and often would batch cook on Sundays for the week. One of her few "#girlboss" moments, as cringy and sexist the term is.

Reactions: 10
I don't know... she was sorta blasting those out every second or third week last year and they got stale. I always find her food videos sorta boring (I don't find pasta, soup or muffins that exciting) but do admire how she was very good with cooking, and not getting takeout, after a busy day and often would batch cook on Sundays for the week. One of her few "#girlboss" moments, as cringy and sexist the term is.
I like the idea of cooking videos but Elle makes the least appetizing looking things on repeat and her lack of hygiene really bothers me...

I like her home tours the most (even though I hate the way she clutters everything) and some of the Sephora/beauty/home decor hauls are alright as well. Can't really go wrong with scents, basic eye shadows, and candles. That cinema style floor lamp in her living room is fun but a lot of what she hauls for her home is similar to her clothing style...garish and tacky, and doesn't go together (remember all her PNW motive pieces in her new apartment and those hideous Missoni towels??).

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Ladies, I finally found which wholesaler Smelle the Scammer Florence uses, and you guys are right! Her scarves are not even $40 per piece😡 What a rip off. I wanted to know where she sources her scarves from, as I stupidly purchased one long time ago. Yeah, I was so stupid. Now I’m thinking of becoming a “dEsIgNer” myself and start selling the same color scarves for fraction of the price🤣🤣 What a f***ing scammer..

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Why did Eleanor LeCock include her entire résumé on the home page of her cooking blog? 🤣 I swear if I read “Adjuct Professor” one more time

• Haha
Ladies, I finally found which wholesaler Smelle the Scammer Florence uses, and you guys are right! Her scarves are not even $40 per piece😡 What a rip off. I wanted to know where she sources her scarves from, as I stupidly purchased one long time ago. Yeah, I was so stupid. Now I’m thinking of becoming a “dEsIgNer” myself and start selling the same color scarves for fraction of the price🤣🤣 What a f***ing scammer..
I don't get this! How can you buy something already made, stich a little logo (that she said somewhere that it can be removed) and claim that you're a fashion designer? I get big stores doing this (where I live is quite normal to have big chain stores buying already finished clothing from small countries and selling as their own instead of using just their own line), but as a "small business owner" this sh*t is ridiculous! And the funny thing is that she sells just a couple of models each time like they are a collection of limited edition she carefully designed. Why doesn't she admit she's just a third party seller and simply buy more itens and create an online store with clothing styles similar to what she wears, along with her pearls and scarves? It would be more elegant of her to simply become a clothing seller than to act like she's a fashion designer that creates unique peaces and then export them to Nepal to have then handmade by local women that just see a fraction of the price she pays - (and c'mon, you buy something for 40 bucks, resell for 200 and claim you're helping the village women when you get more than the double you've paid them?)

Sorry for the rant

I don't get this! How can you buy something already made, stich a little logo (that she said somewhere that it can be removed) and claim that you're a fashion designer? I get big stores doing this (where I live is quite normal to have big chain stores buying already finished clothing from small countries and selling as their own instead of using just their own line), but as a "small business owner" this sh*t is ridiculous! And the funny thing is that she sells just a couple of models each time like they are a collection of limited edition she carefully designed. Why doesn't she admit she's just a third party seller and simply buy more itens and create an online store with clothing styles similar to what she wears, along with her pearls and scarves? It would be more elegant of her to simply become a clothing seller than to act like she's a fashion designer that creates unique peaces and then export them to Nepal to have then handmade by local women that just see a fraction of the price she pays - (and c'mon, you buy something for 40 bucks, resell for 200 and claim you're helping the village women when you get more than the double you've paid them?)

Sorry for the rant
And then she could say she's a fashion curator that puts together a lawyerly collection of clothing that "balances legal aesthetics and practicality".

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I can't knock someone for the hustle BUT I agree with the above. I always chuckle about how she has "collections." witch, you pick a color from a color chart lol. Stop.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I know I sometimes reference politics and this is completely non-sequitur but Elle’s sudden secrecy about her professional and love (wait, none of her fans gives a crap about that 😂) life kinda reminds me of how the White House refuses to disclose their covid status when asked. It’s kinda important, ya know...wasn’t your channel founded on your supposed career?

Yep, and this (among many other things) is exactly why no one should feel bad about her spending addiction. She blatantly rips people off whenever she gets the chance and doesn’t care.

Odd that she calls herself a “designer” when I’ve never seen her sew or have a sewing machine. While I understand it’s not a requirement to be a seamstress you’d think a FASHION DESIGNER would at least know the basics and have a Singer machine lying around in the background. Then again, Elle doesn’t have proper jeweler tools, so why should anyone like you and me expect more from her? 🤣

Reactions: 15
What’s more mind-boggling is that all these gossip sites exist, she’s clearly just picking a color and having some wholesaler in Nepal make her scarfs for cheap, and we’ve all see her string her low quality “pearls” (are we even sure they’re real pearls and not plastic beads?) like a toddler while watching her Hallmark movies on vlogs, and some people still pay for her goods. It’s a complete mystery to me. 🤔

Reactions: 11
What’s more mind-boggling is that all these gossip sites exist, she’s clearly just picking a color and having some wholesaler in Nepal make her scarfs for cheap, and we’ve all see her string her low quality “pearls” (are we even sure they’re real pearls and not plastic beads?) like a toddler while watching her Hallmark movies on vlogs, and some people still pay for her goods. It’s a complete mystery to me. 🤔
To me, the biggest mystery is her overpriced scarves. I don’t like any of her jewelry at all, but I can kind of see why some people might naively buy it. But the scarves? A long time ago, people were going crazy over pashmina scarves from Nepal and paying ridiculous prices for them. I thought that time had long passed. I would much prefer an Acne Studios scarf — at least it is more current. A scarf “designed” by some woman on YouTube who thinks a silk/cashmere blend is unique? You’ve got to be kidding me! 🤣

That reminds me: a person commented on either her Instagram or YouTube that it’d be great for her to visit Nepal and she replied that she’d love to. So now that she’s into hiking, will she do it? Can you imagine Smelle in Nepal?! It’s a very poor country, and reality will finally hit Smelle in the face! Come to think of it, if she ever goes she’ll probably only stay in five-star accommodations and turn a blind eye to the people there.

• Haha
To me, the biggest mystery is her overpriced scarves. I don’t like any of her jewelry at all, but I can kind of see why some people might naively buy it. But the scarves? A long time ago, people were going crazy over pashmina scarves from Nepal and paying ridiculous prices for them. I thought that time had long passed. I would much prefer an Acne Studios scarf — at least it is more current. A scarf “designed” by some woman on YouTube who thinks a silk/cashmere blend is unique? You’ve got to be kidding me! 🤣

That reminds me: a person commented on either her Instagram or YouTube that it’d be great for her to visit Nepal and she replied that she’d love to. So now that she’s into hiking, will she do it? Can you imagine Smelle in Nepal?! It’s a very poor country, and reality will finally hit Smelle in the face! Come to think of it, if she ever goes she’ll probably only stay in five-star accommodations and turn a blind eye to the people there.
She has never gone on an international vacation on her own dime! She’d much rather spend it on shopping for more too tight clothes and discount designer

• Haha
She's selling these TAHITIAN PEARL STUD EARRINGS for $399, without any guarantee, proof of origin or return policy, and I just found Macy's selling the same studs for $300, Pearl Paraside's selling for $290, Pure Pearls for $299, The Pearl Source for $169 or $199 according to the model, American Pearl for $110, Nordstrom for $79. What makes her pearls so expensive? More expensive than real brands with real stores and everything?

And for real, there are so many online courses on jewelry making, gemstones and fine design. If she really wants to make a name for herself as a jewelry maker, she could at the very least study more and put some credentials on, instead of only saying she made an apprenticeship when she was younger. We're in a pandemic, if you have income and a job and some free time, it's a great time to improve your skills - and as a jewelry maker, that would be some nice thing for her to talk about in videos, on instagram and even to put on her linkedin.

I wouldn't spend all that money on a supposed jewelry maker who only studied a bit a couple years ago and now sells some overpriced dubious quality stuff - there's people on Etsy with way more credentials than her, selling better things with more reasonable prices. If she had working selling fine jewelry, she would already have more credentials than simply that apprenticeship - a friend of mine did this, worked for years as a fine jewelry seller in a reputable store and went on to study jewelry making and gemstones. She now makes jewelry for brides and has a great reputation in town as someone who studied a lot and who makes great quality pieces. She's very clear about the metals and gems she uses, has a return policy and definitely has pieces that are heirloom quality (she recently made some pieces for a young bride that used her pieces on her sweet sixteen birthday).

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
you are right, all the spelling mistakes on her blog shocking for someone so educated.

Reactions: 5
She's selling these TAHITIAN PEARL STUD EARRINGS for $399, without any guarantee, proof of origin or return policy, and I just found Macy's selling the same studs for $300, Pearl Paraside's selling for $290, Pure Pearls for $299, The Pearl Source for $169 or $199 according to the model, American Pearl for $110, Nordstrom for $79. What makes her pearls so expensive? More expensive than real brands with real stores and everything?

And for real, there are so many online courses on jewelry making, gemstones and fine design. If she really wants to make a name for herself as a jewelry maker, she could at the very least study more and put some credentials on, instead of only saying she made an apprenticeship when she was younger. We're in a pandemic, if you have income and a job and some free time, it's a great time to improve your skills - and as a jewelry maker, that would be some nice thing for her to talk about in videos, on instagram and even to put on her linkedin.

I wouldn't spend all that money on a supposed jewelry maker who only studied a bit a couple years ago and now sells some overpriced dubious quality stuff - there's people on Etsy with way more credentials than her, selling better things with more reasonable prices. If she had working selling fine jewelry, she would already have more credentials than simply that apprenticeship - a friend of mine did this, worked for years as a fine jewelry seller in a reputable store and went on to study jewelry making and gemstones. She now makes jewelry for brides and has a great reputation in town as someone who studied a lot and who makes great quality pieces. She's very clear about the metals and gems she uses, has a return policy and definitely has pieces that are heirloom quality (she recently made some pieces for a young bride that used her pieces on her sweet sixteen birthday).
Elle never had a real apprenticeship which is what makes it more hilarious. She “played” with some jewelry tools that Ginette’s male friend (whom I’m assuming was a metalsmith) had lying around and he let her make crappy pieces for Ginette. Also this happened before high school...so her “experience” is probably close to two decades old. 😂😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.