Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Greenthumb30

Oh how I wish Rick would show up here....
I am saddened to see that you ladies continue to engage in malicious back-fence talk regarding those with whom you are not acquainted. Even though Elle and I have gone our separate ways, you will not hear me say a negative sentiment about Elle. A real man never speaks ill of a past lover, and my heart will always say merci beaucoup 🐾 to Elle for those passionate, tender nights in New Orleans and Nashville. In the end, my disciplined, minimalist approach to life, spurning shallow material pursuits like money and career to devote my life to empowering and lifting up humanity, proved difficult for Elle. But this is completely understandable, as most people cannot handle the demands of such a life, and as rivers may diverge, so we did, naturally and beautifully. As the great John Ruskin once said, “A man is one whose body has been trained to be the ready servant of his mind; whose passions are trained to be the servants of his will; who enjoys the beautiful, loves truth, hates wrong, loves to do good, and respects others as himself.” I live by this credo on a daily basis, pushing my mind and my body to their limits. While your fallacies ad ignorantiam do provide me a source of mirth, I would venture that your time would be better spent among your community. For example, I recently played tennis with 80 year old men in my community. You might say, "Rick, you're only doing so because you have no friends your own age." But in fact, I did so because as a community leader and ethics professor, I belong to my community, and therefore it is my duty to guide, edify and enlighten all people, regardless of age. And so, I would encourage you all to set aside the petty, frivolous subjects of internet discussion and instead do good, for only then can you find true happiness.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

boredstrom

VIP Member
I don't buy her new "hiking" addiction, particularly given that she started hiking after people here mentioned how wealthy tech guys in Seattle are often outdoorsy and love to hike (she's proven again and again that she reads here REGULARLY). The fact that she wore loafers and strategically posed in a way to look thinner/more attractive in her "hiking" photo makes me think that she went there mostly for the photo op, probably to take a new pic to put on her online dating profile.
This gives me a side hustle idea. I am going to form a consulting service for founder hounders in the PNW. So many of them (like Elle) get the small details wrong. They pack food that spoils easily or wear the wrong shoes and a face full of makeup for their hiking vids. Any founder smart enough to acquire some wealth is going to sniff that out in a second.

My service will take these women shopping. I'll get them outfitted in gear that will fool even the most seasoned founder. My fee will be a modest 25% of the shopping total (well not to mention the kickback from REI I get for bringing them in the door, but I digress).

The service will take these women hiking, kayaking, camping, bouldering, etc so they get their rookie mistakes out of the way with no founders watching. The premium package will include a professional photographer for insta-worthy moments.

Finally, when they score an outdoors date with a founder, we will offer a zoom consultation for the hour before they leave. We'll make sure all the little details look right. We will also launch a signature line of designer dirt and leaves to rub on hiking gear so that our clients never show up wearing shiny new Merrells.

Who's the #girlboss now?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

Drasticactions

VIP Member
Sorry that my comments bothered some people. But as a woman who has mental health problems and has been called insane and crazy as an insult (and I know lots of other women have too ) I just don't feel like it is ok to perpetuate that trope that women are crazy bc we have emotions and empathize with people. Guys can go punching walls and punching people, abusing women, and causing mass shootings but they don't get called crazy, they are just "troubled" or whatever.

sorry if that bothers you guys but I'm going to say something if someone uses a slur. I'm not trans but I have trans co-workers. I have friends and family that have developmental/learning disabilities so I will call out someone using the R word. I will say something if anyone uses a slur even if it doesn't apply to me. Women wouldn't have gotten the vote without male allies it isn't just up to the person who is affected by whatever stigma to stand up for themselves. If you guys want to mute me that's fine but I don't think there is anything wrong with what I said. Even if you don't find the insult hurtful other people might. I've been called a bitch so much I don't even care. So what? I am a bitch fine. But it doesn't mean that won't hurt someone else.

I thought that chart was sexist, and I've dealt with a lot of sexism in my life and have it delivered "as a joke" or laughed off as a joke, doesn't make it hurt any less, doesn't make it ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

LetThemEatLipstick

D8C6600C-61A2-4613-A732-D5113AF0EA84.jpeg

Innocent sub: “I’ve been very sick, and it seems like lots of things have changed in your life during my time recuperating. Since you’ve deleted all vlogs chronicling those changes, and just expect us all to accept the giant gaps in time with no explanation, I’m curious about what has happened, as any human being living in the real world would be. I’m so sorry I’m so behind and couldn’t find the strength to keep up with all the changes you’ve experienced.”

Elle: “No one cares that you’ve been sick, especially not me. I will not even acknowledge your health, and the only reason I’m responding is to tell you to stop prying and nosing around in things I’ve myself voluntarily made public for over a decade. They’re now private, catch up you inferior peon. ❤

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 22

Wheelsbaby

Welcome to Elle Florence’s Personal Finance Rules:

Rule No. 1: Only spend money on yourself (bonus points if the purchase can be filmed for bragging and affiliate link purposes)

Rule No. 2: Be Creative when Cheaping out on others (rodents and Sephora samples are acceptable; feel free to cheap out on your pets, partner and potential in-laws)

~spending on Ginette acceptable with the guarantee that you’ll get something back twice as valuable

Rule No. 3: Only buy things on sale. Always buy the tackiest things (they have the biggest discount ratio) (otherwise, just haul them so you can affiliate link them and return them later)

Rule No. 4: Never entertain the thought of travelling on your own dime

Rule No. 5: Dont have a conscience. Karens are your Best Friend. No refunds accepted

Rule No. 6: Live in the moment. Secure a retirement fund with Low cut tops and Cucking! 👩🏻‍🍳

Exceptions:
- cosmetic enhancements
- Vancouver club (fake friends are worth paying for - take that mean girls from high school! make sure to exploit your gym privileges and film when you’re not supposed to)
- if a man is willing to put a ring on it, drop everything and pounce

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21

LetThemEatLipstick

I like Momma G and think she’s a nice person generally, but I can’t help feeling both she and Elle are lacking when it comes to proper manners sometimes (remember G letting her dog drink out of a restaurant cup/saucer?).
Ginette and Elle head to the beach early in the morning to lay their towels on the resort’s beach chairs (that they’re allowed to use as a courtesy), then head back to the apt to eat breakfast and nap, even though they just rent an apartment all winter NEXT TO the resort that owns the beach. They scurry over and reserve chairs in the shade for themselves while the unsuspecting tourists who have been waiting and saving up all year for a vacation are still asleep.
Can you imagine if you were a hard working parent who saved up all year to enjoy seven days in Hawaii with your children, you walk over to spend the few days you have at the beach, and there are two empty chairs under the shade, while the two rats who “reserved” them with their towels are napping in their apt or cruising the outlet mall all morning?

I guarantee Ginette would pull a Karen if you folded up their towels and sat on THEIR beach chairs by the time they made their grand entrance hours later.

1601751167268.jpeg
This screenshot is of her saying “There’s not a lot of other available shade on the beach other than kuh-BONN-uhs [cabanas] which are like $100 a day or something ridiculous? Um so this is gonna be our spot! ... Right, I feel like I should probably go get a little bit more sleep, my mom’s still asleep so I’ll probably go and like sneak in bed with her.”

Fuck all the other people who actually want to sit on these chairs under the shade. My towels are on these two now, and therefore they’re MINE. Now I get to go back to bed with my mother and nap for a few more hours while these chairs await our arrival.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 20

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Just a general thought on Elle after a long and hard working day...Elle is truly an inspirational figure!!

Whenever the 'Damn this is so hard. I might as well just lay back at work and not progress in career any more, my partner can support me anyways' idea occurs to me, I will think about Elle and what happens to her as someone who don't have a purpose in life and rely on other people to live.

No offense to SAHM or anyone who find purpose in other things in life - we are just talking about Elle (and me) who has no excuse to be so lazy.
Eleanor Florence is an incredible cautionary tale!

I’ve never been as bad as Elle but discussions the past few months with you ladies really made me think a lot more about my own relationships with people, and what I brought into them and how I could do more for the people I cared about. I thought a lot about my own behavior, wondered if I was acting selfish in certain instances, and if I wasn’t as grateful as I should be particularly in regards to my family (I think we can all agree that while Ginette should’ve parented Smelley better, she absolutely loves Elle and gave her daughter everything she could). It really made me want to be be a better person and avoid the mistakes Elle has made.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Katrina_AK_0099

Ladies, this conversation/arguing over gender, sexuality, and social issues is clearly not going anywhere. Sorta like Elle when she was modelling in Rick's swamp driveway in that too-tight dress, ugly loafers, and tacky bag.

Can we get back to Elle, please?

• Haha
Reactions: 19

WaneGal

Just a general thought on Elle after a long and hard working day...Elle is truly an inspirational figure!!

Whenever the 'Damn this is so hard. I might as well just lay back at work and not progress in career any more, my partner can support me anyways' idea occurs to me, I will think about Elle and what happens to her as someone who don't have a purpose in life and rely on other people to live.

No offense to SAHM or anyone who find purpose in other things in life - we are just talking about Elle (and me) who has no excuse to be so lazy.

• Haha

Juliezzz

The plot thickens.
Lol we all know she reuploaded because she had to edit that 321 out. Normal people would just admit that and let it go. But not our girlboss Elle. She has to say it’s because the ‘audio was really weird’. She can’t even be honest with even the smallest and trivial things.

• Heart

thecatlass

VIP Member
This makes him sound like some sort of evil mastermind with a serious plan. 🤣

Do you ladies really think it was that planned out? I honestly always assumed that he’s the kind to slide into women’s DMs randomly (no matter how tenuous a connection is) and try his luck. He certainly gives off that vibe. It just so happens that Eleanor Florence fell for it.
I have the same feeling. He was in a dire need of someone to mansplain to. He knew the only women he could attract in Florida would be pensioners and that's beneath him as he sees himself as a fit, sporty guy in his prime (he doesnt notice his dad bod). So he started reaching out to all women he ever met and, as you said, Smelle fell for it.

And to those who say that Rickets 'lured' Smelle into the relationship - she visited his swampland dungeon prior to getting engaged to the guy. She knew that the house was awful and dated. She knew the guy wore Indiana Jones outfits. She knew he HAD TO HAVE Abe Lincoln's portrait in the living room. She knew he gets off to American constitution... Yet she still said 'yes' to his proposal, upended her life in Canada, moved to Florida etc. If she was able to get two university degrees, pass the bar, hold a job for 5 years then she's not intellectually challenged but something clearly doesn't click in her head in time.

• Haha

bethannebodyworks

I can't knock someone for the hustle BUT I agree with the above. I always chuckle about how she has "collections." Bitch, you pick a color from a color chart lol. Stop.

• Haha

thecatlass

VIP Member
No cat tree or scratching post is just weird and cruel. I always feel like scratching post is the minimum. I am a cat owner and at least in the case of my cat he doesn’t really like the toys that we got for him from the pet store; instead he always prefers to play with some random things (like a small piece of wrapping paper from our recent move) that he digs out from nowhere. But he cannot live without scratching posts. We trim his nails once a month and we have 2 scratching posts for him (one horizontal and one vertical). It keeps the cat happy and our furniture unscratched. Depriving cats of scratching post is just against their nature.
My cat also ignores store bought toys and prefers a chocolate wrapper tied to an old string 😂

1) Joe waited for Ginette to come back to Canada from Hawaii so that when he dumped Smelle, she would be able to go stay with mommy in her new place in Vancouver. Similarly, I think Dicky dumped Smelle when he knew mommy G. was coming to Florida (supposedly for Christmas). He told Smelle it was over and up and went to his family for Christmas celebrations. I think he wanted to rip off the bandaid before Christmas rather than having to spend holidays with Ginette and pretending everything was fine, just to dump Smelle shortly after. He'd rather she had her mother help her pack up some of the basics and f off to Hawaii.

2) The reason why I'm convinced Rickets dumped her is that she's too much of an insufferable bragger to hide such a #girlboss decision about being the one ending the engagement. Yes, on the one hand she would be super embarrassed by calling the guy 'the love of her life' in September and filming #GIRLBOSS BROKEN ENGAGEMENT vlog three months later. However, that would have been a great content for her channel that was already seriously struggling at that point and it would allow her to dish out her 'wisdom' about how one always needs to seek happiness, blah, blah, blah which, as we know, is her favourite activity - she loves to listen to her own (phlegmy) voice.

3) If she broke up the engagement, she would have surely thought about doing so for more than 10 seconds (unless she experiences the 3-2-1 software reset all the time, not only when filming), booked an airbnb/hotel to stay at while she was steadily packing up her possessions, cats etc. and sending them back to wherever. Instead, all she managed to do was pack some basic clothing and ship a box of Alibaba pearls for stringing in Hawaii. Sounds odd, doesn't it?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18

LuvYoutube

Sorry to hear about your ED histories, ladies, and I’m glad you’re all doing better now. I also feel bad now for making fun of Elle’s weight at times - she’s certainly not fat by any normal standards and I hope those comments weren’t triggering for many of you and I will not make them again in the future. For context, I’ve been underweight my entire life and grew up in a family of tall, lean people who all eat quite a bit (I was by far the shortest and biggest one in my extended family in my age group) and I didn’t pause to think that that probably wasn’t normal. I weigh around 50kg at 5’7 and my female cousin who is 5’10 has the exact same weight. Even my 6’2/6’3 male cousins rarely weight over 70kg so I didn’t really pause and think about how my comments may come off, and how unusual they probably are vs actual normal, healthy people.

Bringing the subject back to Elle, we’re almost due for a new thread soon! Any title suggestions?
Eleanor Florence #7 My Bag Family Will Never Dump Me

• Haha
  • Heart

boredstrom

VIP Member
Here are photos of my Nouvelle Pearl purchases. You can see how irregular the shape of the pearls are, the dents in a lot of them, and brown spotting. The earrings you can see all the glue behind. Sorry I couldn’t get better close up photos, my iPhone is not the best at that. These are the dove grey pearls.
LOL those glue blobs. Guess she was paying a lot more attention to Netflix than she was to your order when it was being made.

Or maybe she just didn't give a crap. Promises Dove Grey . . . delivers Sooty Pigeon

• Haha

LetThemEatLipstick

Speaking of Lauren Conrad... I had a former teacher who saw a photo of her once and became creepily obsessed with her. He'd tell us students time and time again about how she looked like his ideal woman, and that he's drop his wife if he could be with Lauren. It was extra creepy because he had children and his wife was pregnant at the time. I feel bad for his wife since they're still together and had more kids after.
... was he an adjunct legal ethics lecturer at a community college in Florida...?

• Haha

MrsWaldorf

She's selling these TAHITIAN PEARL STUD EARRINGS for $399, without any guarantee, proof of origin or return policy, and I just found Macy's selling the same studs for $300, Pearl Paraside's selling for $290, Pure Pearls for $299, The Pearl Source for $169 or $199 according to the model, American Pearl for $110, Nordstrom for $79. What makes her pearls so expensive? More expensive than real brands with real stores and everything?

And for real, there are so many online courses on jewelry making, gemstones and fine design. If she really wants to make a name for herself as a jewelry maker, she could at the very least study more and put some credentials on, instead of only saying she made an apprenticeship when she was younger. We're in a pandemic, if you have income and a job and some free time, it's a great time to improve your skills - and as a jewelry maker, that would be some nice thing for her to talk about in videos, on instagram and even to put on her linkedin.

I wouldn't spend all that money on a supposed jewelry maker who only studied a bit a couple years ago and now sells some overpriced dubious quality stuff - there's people on Etsy with way more credentials than her, selling better things with more reasonable prices. If she had working selling fine jewelry, she would already have more credentials than simply that apprenticeship - a friend of mine did this, worked for years as a fine jewelry seller in a reputable store and went on to study jewelry making and gemstones. She now makes jewelry for brides and has a great reputation in town as someone who studied a lot and who makes great quality pieces. She's very clear about the metals and gems she uses, has a return policy and definitely has pieces that are heirloom quality (she recently made some pieces for a young bride that used her pieces on her sweet sixteen birthday).

Last edited:

Lovely

Chatty Member
Eleanor Florence #7 Diamonds Are For Never, But Handbags Are Forever
Eleanor Florence #7 Always A Bragsmaid, Never A Bride

• Haha
  • Heart