Eleanor Florence #6 Lawyer no more, pines for days of Joe yore, poor life choices galore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Idk if you girls have heard of this youtuber, but she’s a young working professional in Canada and a lot of her outfits are very office appropriate. (Zara/Aritzia) She reminds of what I liked about Elle when I first started watching her in 2012-2013 ish.

Samantha Guerrero

Reactions: 6
I love this one and the first one of the other.
I vote for this one too! (My Bag Family would never dump me)

I think when you can't find joy in your life through any other ways, like Eleanor Florence, shopping gets you there, even temporarily.

Let's see if we can compile a list of things Elle likes:
1. Spending other people's money or having things paid for her by others (Ginette, Joe, Chris, etc.)
2. Shopping: Nordstrom, consignment sites, Sephora, the list goes on
3. Dining and vacationing in the same spots in Hawaii
4. Cucking good pasta
5. Heavy makeup, post-drybar hair, and extensive plastic surgery/botox/fillers

Basically 4/5 of this list is tied to spending money (often at the expense of others or after scamming her subscribers) and cucking good pasta also takes up time and she needs to purchase ingredients...plus, how much cheese and pasta can one person eat???

I don't buy her new "hiking" addiction, particularly given that she only started hiking after people here mentioned how wealthy tech guys in Seattle are often outdoorsy and love to hike (she's proven again and again that she reads here REGULARLY). The fact that she wore loafers and strategically posed in a way to look thinner/more attractive in her "hiking" photo makes me think that she went there mostly for the photo op, probably to take a new pic to put on her online dating profile.
Don't forget she loves bragging about the fact that she’s a-generalist-with-varied-interests-but-she’s-still-a-lawyer-and-jewelry-and-scarf-designer-who-loves-balancing-practicality-and-legal-analysis-Girlboss!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I vote for this one too! (My Bag Family would never dump me)

Don't forget she loves bragging about the fact that she’s a-generalist-with-varied-interests-but-she’s-still-a-lawyer-and-jewelry-and-scarf-designer-who-loves-balancing-practicality-and-legal-analysis-Girlboss!
:sick::sick::sick:

Reactions: 1
This gives me a side hustle idea. I am going to form a consulting service for founder hounders in the PNW. So many of them (like Elle) get the small details wrong. They pack food that spoils easily or wear the wrong shoes and a face full of makeup for their hiking vids. Any founder smart enough to acquire some wealth is going to sniff that out in a second.

My service will take these women shopping. I'll get them outfitted in gear that will fool even the most seasoned founder. My fee will be a modest 25% of the shopping total (well not to mention the kickback from REI I get for bringing them in the door, but I digress).

The service will take these women hiking, kayaking, camping, bouldering, etc so they get their rookie mistakes out of the way with no founders watching. The premium package will include a professional photographer for insta-worthy moments.

Finally, when they score an outdoors date with a founder, we will offer a zoom consultation for the hour before they leave. We'll make sure all the little details look right. We will also launch a signature line of designer dirt and leaves to rub on hiking gear so that our clients never show up wearing shiny new Merrells.

Who's the #girlboss now?
Careful! She'll steal your idea, just like she's done with moving to Seattle, going after the guys there, and other ideas we've suggested on this thread. 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Eleanor Florence #7 Diamonds Are For Never, But Handbags Are Forever
Eleanor Florence #7 Always A Bragsmaid, Never A Bride
Elle buys her own diamonds though - her diamond stud earrings and such...

Reactions: 2
And also the bracelet Joe got her. Diamonds from a guy have not worked out for her.
Maybe the “pearl designer” should receive some pearls instead? They would definitely be better quality than the shoddy stuff that she sells to her subscribers.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Elle buys her own diamonds though - her diamond stud earrings and such...
Yeah, it was more a reference to her not getting (or at least not being able to keep) an engagement ring. Anyway, they're just suggestions since I felt bad about never contributing ideas for thread titles. I don't actually care what the next thread is called as long as we get to witch about Smelle! :LOL:

Maybe the “pearl designer” should receive some pearls instead? They would definitely be better quality than the shoddy stuff that she sells to her subscribers.
At least she wears what she sells. It might be cheap, granny-like and low-quality, but she at the very least wears it. She even changed her LinkedIn profile to look like she's a jewelry designer and used her career to push her jewelry business forward.

Reactions: 5
At least she wears what she sells. It might be cheap, granny-like and low-quality, but she at the very least wears it. She even changed her LinkedIn profile to look like she's a jewelry designer and used her career to push her jewelry business forward.
True, I’ll give Elle some credit for actually wearing her cheap pearls. However, I think Elle realizes that she needs to advertise her jewelry (and scarves) any chance she gets, otherwise it would be very unlikely for her to make any sales (aka scam people). The majority, if not all, of her customers are her viewers, so if she didn’t wear her cheap pearls she’d have no opportunity to show them off - her videos are basically just ads for her “designs”.

Reactions: 8
Yeah, it doesn't impress me that she wears her pearls. It's advertising.

Reactions: 12
True, I’ll give Elle some credit for actually wearing her cheap pearls. However, I think Elle realizes that she needs to advertise her jewelry (and scarves) any chance she gets, otherwise it would be very unlikely for her to make any sales (aka scam people). The majority, if not all, of her customers are her viewers, so if she didn’t wear her cheap pearls she’d have no opportunity to show them off - her videos are basically just ads for her “designs”.
I wonder how much she wears them outside of YouTube/Instagram/advertisements for her website...🤔

I have a feeling it’s less than she’d want us to think. Her channel and instagram makes you feel like that's all she wears but if that's the case, she wouldn't buy more jewelry on such a regular basis.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
This is crazy but I think Elle uses different grade pearls for the ones she wears herself vs the pearls she sells to others. The pearl necklaces she wears in her Nouvelle Pearl website and youtube vids don't look that bad but I'm wondering if the ones she sells to others are even the same grade.

• Angry
Reactions: 14
Some people have alluded to the possibility that she uses higher grade pearls for what she wears & photographs for her site. Because it seems that the pearls they received were vastly different in quality than what she portrays in her videos.

Also since she’s stringing them herself perhaps she just chooses the best pearls for the pieces she wears herself

It could also be that at the beginning stages she did use lower quality pearls to save costs etc but slowly upgraded as she got more customers and money to fund the wholesale orders, and perhaps these days her stuff is better?

She also tends to wear the more “premium” versions of her line for herself.

Reactions: 10
Yeah, it doesn't impress me that she wears her pearls. It's advertising.
she also probably only picks the best pearls for herself and uses the less perfect ones for actual designs. It doesn’t impress me she wears them. I remember one video she made wall art with the “rejected” pearls and all I could think is how did half the pearls on my necklace I ordered not make it to the reject pile.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
It didn't get much traction last time I posted but did you ladies notice all the spelling mistakes on her cooking website??

Reactions: 11
It didn't get much traction last time I posted but did you ladies notice all the spelling mistakes on her cooking website??
Yeah she barely gives half a crap about that site. Hopefully her new macbook has autocorrect.

• Haha
so sloppy, why does she bother??
Does Elle care about anything outside of shopping, bragging, primping, and man-hunting?

Judging by how little effort she seems to make with everything else, I’m gonna say no. The fact that she even bothers with her channel at this point is to make money off her subscribers.

The food blog is probably to impress some guy and also bump us down Google search.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.