Eastenders #7 Jubileastenders

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I loved Shane Richie when he was first on Eastenders. His character was just like Shane in his tv presenting days, the Shane that everyone loved but once they have himself & Kat some proper storylines it was obvious he can’t act to save his life & it went downhill from there. Bringing him back is a terrible idea

Reactions: 9
michael moon was, imo, one of the best recent characters they’ve had. the actor was fantastic even though his line readings sometimes (as evidenced in these threads 🤣) were ridiculous.

which of kat’s children is he the father of? i always forget - is it tommy?
Yes, he was Tommy's father and I agree he was a great character!

Reactions: 5
I loved Shane Richie when he was first on Eastenders. His character was just like Shane in his tv presenting days, the Shane that everyone loved but once they have himself & Kat some proper storylines it was obvious he can’t act to save his life & it went downhill from there. Bringing him back is a terrible idea
Agreed. He was good as a sort of cheeky chappy, light relief. But he’s terrible at doing the serious stuff and EE kept piling on the misery. There’s no way they can get him back to original Alfie after he scarred Kat for life and knocked up her cousin.

Reactions: 7
Well this is gonna be confusing for me as I always think of Brian Connolly and Shane Ritchie as the same person!
If they bring Bradley Walsh in too I’m done! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I agree. He was a good character at first but was overused, and then he did several despicable things that ruined him. He went from being lovable rogue to nasty lying hole.

I always thought that Mick Carter was designed his direct replacement, although Mick has never been as awful as Alfie.

It depends what the writers have planned for Alfie. It sounds as if he'll might get back together with Kat leading the way for Phil to get back with Sharon perhaps 🤔

This weeks episode have been great, main characters front and centre and not as much of Stuart or the ever present Jean/Chelsea and her mortgage saga /or dotty and her mummy issues. Long may it continue.
I am wondering what the plan is for Sonia? Is she just another main character who is going to be in background of all the scenes, doing nothing but gossip or tut tut , turning into an amalgam of Pauline Fowler and Dot Cotton. Character wise she is the same age as Martin? So why not some love interest? Something?

Reactions: 11
Good point about Sonia. Her eldest has gone off travelling, never to be mentioned again. She’s only late 30s yet never has anything to do beyond hanging round the square giving out medical advice. Might be time to get someone to blow her trumpet.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Good point about Sonia. Her eldest has gone off travelling, never to be mentioned again. She’s only late 30s yet never has anything to do beyond hanging round the square giving out medical advice. Might be time to get someone to blow her trumpet.
I've no idea how the character has survived the axing

I've no idea how the character has survived the axing
Some characters just seem to be kept on indefinitely in the background and are happy to be bit part or secondary players. Sonia and Billy are key examples of this, part of the scenery but never have major stories centred around them. My guess is that the actors are happy with this arrangement because there's less pressure and they must be reasonably well liked by the production team.

Sonia will have something coming up when they announce Dot's death.

Some characters just seem to be kept on indefinitely in the background and are happy to be bit part or secondary players. Sonia and Billy are key examples of this, part of the scenery but never have major stories centred around them. My guess is that the actors are happy with this arrangement because there's less pressure and they must be reasonably well liked by the production team.

Sonia will have something coming up when they announce Dot's death.
i think this too! it’s a nice steady paycheck in a job they obviously like so maybe they’re happy with it. like you say, sonia and billy are great examples. i can’t remember when billy last had a big storyline of his own or even featured heavily in someone else’s. i imagine he’s going to be a big part of the upcoming lola sl though.

Reactions: 8
This weeks episode have been great, main characters front and centre and not as much of Stuart or the ever present Jean/Chelsea and her mortgage saga /or dotty and her mummy issues. Long may it continue.
I am wondering what the plan is for Sonia? Is she just another main character who is going to be in background of all the scenes, doing nothing but gossip or tut tut , turning into an amalgam of Pauline Fowler and Dot Cotton. Character wise she is the same age as Martin? So why not some love interest? Something?
Sonia has a large family so there’s a chance to put her on the back burner for a while & give others a chance while she floats about & then bring her back to a main role if any family members return. Same can be said for Billy.

Reactions: 4
I hope they get rid of Sonia. Still can’t unsee those pics every time she’s on screen. 😩

• Haha
  • Sick
Can you imagine being Sonia or Billy and trying to get acting roles outside of EE? It’s no surprise they hang on. They know it’s a lifetime of panto once they get dropped.

• Haha
Can you imagine being Sonia or Billy and trying to get acting roles outside of EE? It’s no surprise they hang on. They know it’s a lifetime of panto once they get dropped.
At least Natalie has actually had long periods away from Eastenders. Has Perry ever left or taken a extended break from Eastenders since he’s been a permanent member of the cast?

Guys, I haven’t been on this thread in such a long time. I needed to come and tell you a funny story. I was adamant that I’d seen a clip of Phil standing on the steps in the club with that song playing and Sharon and all that shocked seeing him. Started watching some of it and Phil was still in prison (haven’t watched it for a few weeks, so was wondering what the hell was going on) then seen the start to thursdays when they said he was dead, said to my nan (thinking about that this clip) ‘oh my god I think he’s gonna walk into the club stand on the steps and they’re all going to stand there shocked’ it happened and I thought ‘duck me, I can look into the future!’ Well, reading this tonight I’ve realised they were on BBC IPlayer all week and someone put it on Tiktok😂😂😂😂😂 blonde momenttttt🤌🏻😂

Lolas exit sounds like it’s going to be awful to watch! I’m still going with Mick having a suicide story at Christmas and I hope they redeem Alfie when he comes back, the last time he came back they absolutely obliterated his character and made him so un-likeable (I know that’s not a word but I can’t think of the right one😂).

• Haha
Reactions: 14
For me they also ruined Kat and Alfie with that terrible ‘Redwater’ spin off. I never really understood what happened at the end with the cliffhanger and when they both came back to the main show the events were barely mentioned! I thought that whole long lost twin storyline was really poor in general.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
For me they also ruined Kat and Alfie with that terrible ‘Redwater’ spin off. I never really understood what happened at the end with the cliffhanger and when they both came back to the main show the events were barely mentioned! I thought that whole long lost twin storyline was really poor in general.
That was the worst mini series ever! So bizarre and so badly acted. More of my life wasted watching tit! 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Even though the long lost twin storyline originated in Eastenders, once the story played out in the Redwater spin-off, the story was dropped in Eastenders and it’s never been mentioned again

Are we to believe that Kat having a twin boy that she never knew she was carrying when pregnant with Zoe who was taken at birth is now just a distant dream and we’re meant to just pretend it never happened?

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.