Eastenders #7 Jubileastenders

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why was he kept in by the hospital if he’s ‘faking’ it?
He was in hospital because he collapsed, but so far only the son has talked about the cancer. He could have had some other ailment. It’s Eastenders logic.

Reactions: 2
Whilst I agree, I think it’s going to be a situation like Corrie when Anne Kirkbride passed away, it took a few months for them to address and honour Deirdre. With Bab’s, I think the difference is that Peggy’s death was on screen so it’s a lot easier for them to make reference to Peggy, plus the Mitchell’s are always central characters. I believe in a few months Dot will get the send off she deserves.
I agree with you too, and I hope you're right because they're doing her a real disservice.
The Mitchell's might be central characters (and you have a very good point about Peggys death), but June had been there since day one and had some cracking story lines which really showcased her acting ability.
I feel really sorry for her family, it must hurt to see her ignored while Peggy is still memorialised in nearly every episide...unless they know there's a big send off coming, time will tell I suppose

Reactions: 2
I agree with you too, and I hope you're right because they're doing her a real disservice.
The Mitchell's might be central characters (and you have a very good point about Peggys death), but June had been there since day one and had some cracking story lines which really showcased her acting ability.
I feel really sorry for her family, it must hurt to see her ignored while Peggy is still memorialised in nearly every episide
...unless they know there's a big send off coming, time will tell I suppose
June wasn’t there from day one, she started 5 months after Eastenders started (there was a small tribute to her first episode on the 4th July episode, 37 years to the day of her debut).

Also we don’t know if her family may have requested a gap before any on screen funeral

Reactions: 3
has new producer now taken over at point of eastenders, as it just seems better scripted all of sudden. better scenes as in more realistic and like old episodes. whatever they've done behind scenes im happy 😄

Reactions: 5
Just watching last night's. Sharon does look unreal, she had a cracking pair of legs always, they are definitely slimmer

Reactions: 7
I could never look at Alfie the same after he accidentally torched the house with Kat inside. I wonder if the writers will reference baby Cherry after the actress who played Hayley got done for racism. I bet they’ll try and make Alfie the new Mick

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I could never look at Alfie the same after he accidentally torched the house with Kat inside. I wonder if the writers will reference baby Cherry after the actress who played Hayley got done for racism. I bet they’ll try and make Alfie the new Mick
It ruined it for me that when Alfie fell down the stairs the stunt man looked like Noel Gallagher.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
What more could they possibly explore with Kat and Alfie?? Alfies last stint was awful and ruined his character. If they needed to write him out they should have had him get caught for a 'job' and leave kat to be a single mum and his eventual return could have been a family reunion. But theres nothing now apart from the old and boring kat and alfie will they won't they.

They need at least two new full families with a range of ages like the Miller's or Slaters etc

Reactions: 13
I didn't like what they did with Alfie last time so I hope they change his character back to the old Alfie but it seems like they're are going to have him going up against Phil and I'm not going to be at all interested in that

Reactions: 16
Uh oh Alfie Moon is coming back in the Autumn

Groan... I liked Alfie when he was first in Eastenders but his character changed too much over the years. The last stint with the mood vampire Hayley Slater was terrible.

I am looking forward to hearing some cockney rhyming slang banter between Mick and Alifie though 😉 It's a shame they can't resurrect Frank for a competition to find the ultimate cockney 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I hope the CGI they used for Carrie Fisher in Star Wars becomes easier to use and affordable, so they can just keep actors on forever. Imagine, bringing the likes of Dot, Frank and Peggy back to the square. And don’t say they won’t do it because they killed off the characters, because that has never stopped the show before.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Ffs we don't need Shane Ritchie back they ruined the character. Soaps need to stop bringing people back and inventing new characters that have no affiliation to the area. I actual miss Grey 😢

Reactions: 9
The Moon's haven't been a good family since Nana died and adorable Spencer left.

Those two young Moon cousins as attractive as they were, and duck they were attractive, didn't really add enough to the family.

Reactions: 12
The Moon's haven't been a good family since Nana died and adorable Spencer left.

Those two young Moon cousins as attractive as they were, and duck they were attractive, didn't really add enough to the family.
Michael Moon was an interesting character though. He and Janine were toxic together

Reactions: 16
Michael Moon was an interesting character though. He and Janine were toxic together
michael moon was, imo, one of the best recent characters they’ve had. the actor was fantastic even though his line readings sometimes (as evidenced in these threads 🤣) were ridiculous.

which of kat’s children is he the father of? i always forget - is it tommy?

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.