Eastenders #7 Jubileastenders

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like how prisons in EE are portrayed like Oz. I’ve had mates who’ve been inside, including cat A and most of the time it’s just very very boring. How often do you actually hear about prisoners killing each other? It has already happened before with the Panesar brother and now Phil is being threatened with certain death. Total bollocks.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Kat’s crying was awful, Jessie is a much better actress than that so not sure why her crying sounded more like laughing

I had a feeling Phil wasn’t dead. Wonder who was in the bodybag? Did those thugs even go into Phil’s cell? We saw Phil? We saw the thugs but were they even in the same cell?

Loved Phil standing at the top of the stairs at the end like a resurrection “Is this my welcome home party?”
I like how prisons in EE are portrayed like Oz. I’ve had mates who’ve been inside, including cat A and most of the time it’s just very very boring. How often do you actually hear about prisoners killing each other? It has already happened before with the Panesar brother and now Phil is being threatened with certain death. Total bollocks.
It was also ridiculous that the DI was apparently fine about Phil meeting his maker. A man sent to prison without trial being threatened with his life and the police and prison authorities were totally fine about it 🙄 what sort of corruption is that?
Walford is little better than a banana 🍌 republic

Reactions: 12
Well I loved the four episodes this week. Vintage Eastenders with some violence and light hearted stuff thrown in.

The cell mate of Phil is so quiet and timid. I would love to know what he's done that's so bad he is locked up with nutters who he's in clear danger being around.

Good to see the bonny kids Mack and Mia. Question on them though, why are they at the grandparents no questions asked? Surely if mum is dead and dad in prison the social services would check that the grandparents is the best place for them to be full time, but I must have missed that bit.

Hope that Phil is home some other way than being a grass because Phil will never be that :(

So funny Phil had wrote everyone he cares about a letter and left out his sister, as he did from the photos on his cell wall.

Happy to have some Mitch family join because with others gone (Chantelle, Gray, Keanu etc) the family was looking a bit thin on the ground.

It made me laugh that Avery wanted to make it up to the market traders by putting money behind the bar and yet Patrick was there taking advantage when he's not a market trader, yeahhhhhhh mannnnnn.

It was all part of the 6pm countdown to Phil’s potential demise. A clock or watch was featured throughout most of the episode
Speaking of Phil it makes me chuckle when he does his little smile like he did at the end of the 4th episode :D We don't often see it but when we do it adds to a scene.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Good to see the bonny kids Mack and Mia. Question on them though, why are they at the grandparents no questions asked? Surely if mum is dead and dad in prison the social services would check that the grandparents is the best place for them to be full time, but I must have missed that bit.
I thought they were going to stay with Chelsea because she was the step mum but she decided it would be better if they stayed with their grandparents

Reactions: 3
Just catching up but only half watching. Avery listing to Mitch some of the things that make him rich and after an original painting said how he has a gazebo in his garden…calm down mate, you can pick them up in B&M for £40!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I thought they were going to stay with Chelsea because she was the step mum but she decided it would be better if they stayed with their grandparents
Well Chelsea wasn't much of a mum to them was she? She was completely uninterested.
I feel sad for those kids losing their home like that, even though they're better off with their grandparents.

Surely Chelsea can't afford to pay the mortgage with a part time bar job? the house will be repossessed by the mortgage company soon.

Reactions: 1
I've watched all the episodes now
This whole Phil storyline made the police look completely corrupt. The idea that a DI would basically threaten Phil with certain death or take the deal was awful 😖
Are we really supposed to believe that Phil was banged up for a crime in a high security prison without a trial and is then coerced by thugs inside to ensure that he turns grass. I found it ludicrous. The only hope now is that Phil gets a super lawyer who can prosecute the police for putting his life in danger when he hasn't been convicted of a crime.

That aside there was some great acting from Steve and Leticia. Steve can always pull it out of the bag when needed which is why he's still King of the show.

Jessie wasn't so believable and her crying wasn't at all convincing.

Now we know that Sharon still loves Phil which was a good development. I thought she had moved on but obviously not.

Glad Phil is finally free again.
Yeah, thought it was good they revealed Sharon's true feelings for Phil. I still think the baby is Phil's. Karen has nothing to do with supposed grandchild.

Also, she called Grant. Does anyone reckon he is due a comeback, Mark Jr actor could come back too, ED don't want him back.

Reactions: 4
Yeah, thought it was good they revealed Sharon's true feelings for Phil. I still think the baby is Phil's. Karen has nothing to do with supposed grandchild.

Also, she called Grant. Does anyone reckon he is due a comeback, Mark Jr actor could come back too, ED don't want him back.
I wouldn't mind Grant coming back for a while (but not Mark Jnr) 😄

I wonder if Phil and Sharon will eventually get back together 🤔

Reactions: 3
Well Chelsea wasn't much of a mum to them was she? She was completely uninterested.
I feel sad for those kids losing their home like that, even though they're better off with their grandparents.

Surely Chelsea can't afford to pay the mortgage with a part time bar job? the house will be repossessed by the mortgage company soon.
I assumed the house was paid off. In which case, she’d be better selling up and moving somewhere smaller.

Reactions: 1

Whitney is helping her pay the mortgage. I guess she must make bank on that stall of hers since Chelsea only seems to work a few hours here and there.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Loved that last night. It was very touching to pay tribute to June Brown.

I thought it was lovely too, but unless you were a really old fan and completely on the ball you'd have missed it. I remember Dot's scene, but still didn't realise until I saw it explained on social media.
This might be an unpopular opinion, but the little nods to her are too subtle. She was as much of a legend as Bab's and deserves the same remembrance.
I was absolutely gutted when Barbara passed away, but it's beginning to annoy me that she's mentioned or referenced almost every single episode multiple times, and June gets nothing.
Blimey last night we saw and heard more of Peggy than we did when she was alive!

I thought it was lovely too, but unless you were a really old fan and completely on the ball you'd have missed it. I remember Dot's scene, but still didn't realise until I saw it explained on social media.
This might be an unpopular opinion, but the little nods to her are too subtle. She was as much of a legend as Bab's and deserves the same remembrance.
I was absolutely gutted when Barbara passed away, but it's beginning to annoy me that she's mentioned or referenced almost every single episode multiple times, and June gets nothing.
Blimey last night we saw and heard more of Peggy than we did when she was alive!
Yes I know what you mean. I'm guessing that Dot's passing will be announced at some point though and there will be a funeral or some sort of tribute to her. We'll just have to wait and see.
Certainly there will be a story around who gets her money I should imagine.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.