Eastenders #6 Kheerat's hot and Jean's lost the plot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Unpopular opinion?? Lexi is the most annoying soap child ever. And the script they give her is awful. All that 'awks'and 'obvs' 🙄 duck off! She's nowhere near as cute as the writers think she is or as she needs to be to pull off the character they're trying to give her.
Less Lexi, more Pearl please!

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I wish the writers would split up Ben and halfway , imagine being in a relationship that bloody difficult all the time 🤦🏻‍♀️
I would write them both out if I was in charge. I think both are poor actors who play rubbish characters. I would be writing out a fair few to be fair.

Reactions: 2
Unpopular opinion?? Lexi is the most annoying soap child ever. And the script they give her is awful. All that 'awks'and 'obvs' 🙄 duck off! She's nowhere near as cute as the writers think she is or as she needs to be to pull off the character they're trying to give her.
I think Amy could give her a run for her money being in the most annoying soap child ever category

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Was that Issacs exit? Bit shite, and totally out of character!

I did feel bad for Ben even though he’s a twit, all in all a good episode compared to recent ones.

Reactions: 17
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 - the kid herself is fine but the “sassy” dialogue they give her is the absolute worst, i cringe whenever she’s onscreen.

Was that Issacs exit? Bit shite, and totally out of character!

I did feel bad for Ben even though he’s a twit, all in all a good episode compared to recent ones.
i can’t bear ben and he’s been particularly awful the past few weeks but i feel tremendous sympathy for him too. regardless of anything else he clearly changed his mind and said no, end of. the last few minutes of that episode were a hard watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 - the kid herself is fine but the “sassy” dialogue they give her is the absolute worst, i cringe whenever she’s onscreen.
And you can tell the sassy conversation doesn’t sound natural coming from the actress playing Lexi. There are some precocious kids like Lexi who would talk like that but it just sounds forced from the actress playing her

If they just let her talk like a regular girl she would be fine

Reactions: 9
And you can tell the sassy conversation doesn’t sound natural coming from the actress playing Lexi. There are some precocious kids like Lexi who would talk like that but it just sounds forced from the actress playing her

If they just let her talk like a regular girl she would be fine
Oh god that kid grates on me.

Reactions: 3
Leaving pretty much just Shirley left on the Square if we are going by acting standards
Haha I wouldn't have just Shirley but I would get rid of enough to save the show lots of cash to be spent bringing in new characters to freshen things up.

Maybe Ben will have a think about those women he trafficked, to be raped day in, day out.
Exactly. Why should we care a human trafficker who's done lots of other horendous things got sexually attacked when he was willing to cheat on his loving husband who risks his job for him? If you want full sympathy from viewers when doing a rape storyline make sure the character being raped is a good person who's always sweet and nobody hates.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Exactly. Why should we care a human trafficker who's done lots of other horendous things got sexually attacked when he was willing to cheat on his loving husband who risks his job for him? If you want full sympathy from viewers when doing a rape storyline make sure the character being raped is a good person who's always sweet and nobody hates.
i agree and disagree at the same time - ben is a terrible human being who has done awful things and has been a frankly terrible husband to his doormat of a partner. but i do think it’s possible to think all of these things and still have some degree of sympathy for him as a rape victim.

i’m not sure i entirely agree that the victim has to be an amazingly angelic person in order for the viewers to feel sympathy either. for one, there’s not many of those characters on the square. for two, people from all walks of life and all kinds of personalities can be victims. i’m not sure about the narrative that spins about people not deserving empathy.

but, i hate ben, so not sure why i’m spending time trying to defend him 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
They're trying to make Lexi out to be a sassy little girl , but it's a bit cringe. They also tried to do this years ago, with Shabnam's daughter, Jade. It was really bad.

Where is Stacey's other daughter, Hope? I don't think she has been seen or mentioned for months .

Reactions: 13
I don’t think anyone is saying that he has to be a perfect victim? Just that the writers and thus the character, are utter hypocrites as he sold countless women into sex slavery and apparently had no remorse at all.

Reactions: 8
They're trying to make Lexi out to be a sassy little girl , but it's a bit cringe. They also tried to do this years ago, with Shabnam's daughter, Jade. It was really bad.

Where is Stacey's other daughter, Hope? I don't think she has been seen or mentioned for months .
I literally said to myself, ‘Hope, who ya going on about?’ then remembered she’s Stacey & Martin’s daughter. Just looked her up and she was born October 2017 so would be over 4½ years old

Completely forgot she existed

Reactions: 9
Is Kim’s friend called Howie or Harry I can never understand what they’re saying!

Reactions: 4

Jade what a blast from the past, I had to look up her history as it was very vague......

So she couldn't get a flight in 2017 for a 40th. Where does she live now? She'd be 14 now so maybe they would bring her back one day to live with her family still on Albert Square. Of her on screen mother played by Rakhee Thakrar it wouldn't be far fetched to see her back one day as all she's done of note since leaving is a play a minor character in Sex Education.

Reactions: 3
I thought the same, surely they could have come up with something better than that?!
Also who was the woman in the social media picture we saw of him that's supposedly his new girlfriend? Like how do you 'audition' for that? Do the producers just ask a random woman if they mind having their photo took with Isaac?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
They are trying to recreate lexi into the new Tiffany- remember her as a kid,precocious street urchin with one liners even adults couldn’t pull off.
Thing is kids like that are bloody annoying irl and onscreen. If EE is trying to be realistic at least one adult around her would have sent her off with a flea in her ear. Little brat.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.