Eastenders #26 Stick a fork in me, I'm done!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if Johnny has been recast to rejoin the show as a 'gay character' to replace Ben.

I think Max must have done something to make himself unpopular with the production team. I hope huffing Callum, St Lola's video messages and Princess Lexi go with him (not bothered about Jay either way).

Reactions: 12
How many Ben’s have their been now? Its ridiculous when you think about it.

Reactions: 1
I wonder if Johnny has been recast to rejoin the show as a 'gay character' to replace Ben.

I think Max must have done something to make himself unpopular with the production team. I hope huffing Callum, St Lola's video messages and Princess Lexi go with him (not bothered about Jay either way).
i think something must have gone down too - he’s a popular character (especially as half of ballum) and was winning fan voted awards as recently as a few months ago. i can’t see how they would just randomly decide to write him out unless something behind the scenes forced their hand a bit.

i genuinely don’t mind callum and i think he has some potential - separating him from ben might be good for him, though he’ll likely just become another martin type. what younger male character are they going to give all the storylines to now?!

Reactions: 9
i think something must have gone down too - he’s a popular character (especially as half of ballum) and was winning fan voted awards as recently as a few months ago. i can’t see how they would just randomly decide to write him out unless something behind the scenes forced their hand a bit.

i genuinely don’t mind callum and i think he has some potential - separating him from ben might be good for him, though he’ll likely just become another martin type. what younger male character are they going to give all the storylines to now?!
If you read the article that says showdown this is what they’re alluding to. They mention he loves a party

Why can’t they find a Ben and Peter to stay. I bet both with go and return in a few years with new heads

Reactions: 5
Over the years the writers have really ruined the character of Ben, personally I think it would have been so much better to play into the camp Lady Gaga loving Ben of past (which we do see occasionally) and the dynamic between Phil Mitchell and his camp son, they could have been a brilliant duo. Instead we got this angsty, depressed, perpetual victim, wannabe hard man who is completely unlikable
the issue with the character for me is that he never learns from anything that happens to him. they just pile on angst and trauma, and he stays in the same self-pitying cycle forever.

agree with everyone who mentioned harry reid as the best ben. however i can’t see that ben with callum (for a start) which is the issue with too many recasts, i hope they just give the character a break off screen tbh.

Reactions: 11
Hi gang, me again asking for your wisdom... I remember the young Ben in that slapping down meme, he's currently on the iplayer classic episodes too. Peggy doors on him but Phil honestly borderline emotionally abuses him. He's very camp, loves dancing etc. Is he Lady Gaga Ben?

And did he kill Hev, Shirley's pal, with a spanner?

Out here doing God's work you lot are x

Reactions: 2
Over the years, the characterisation of Ben has been a real mess.
They got rid of Kathy so Phil could have his Mitchell boy all to himself.
Young Lady GaGa Ben was great.
Heather murderer Ben was horrible.
Harry's Ben had the best balance, wanting to please his dad but never really fitting in with the Mitchell’s. And I loved his relationship with Paul and his friendship with Jay.
And then we got Max, an entirely different character, with no physical resemblance to the other versions. People trafficking, violent, self pitying. And he has never clicked with Jay.
Yet for years, he has seemed to be the show’s favourite, getting so many big storylines. Max must have done something to seriously piss off the producers, after all the effort to make him a main character. They even repeated history so that his child’s mum died, plus he has the Ballum fan stuff.
I‘m glad he’s going, and curious how they will write him out (I don’t think they will kill him off).
And whoever the next Ben is, can he please be more a part of the Beale family, that side of the character has always been minimised in favour of Phil.

Reactions: 16
I read/saw photo that Max/Ben had a car accident the other week, car was a write-off you might say! Perhaps he may have been on drink/drugs and EE producers don’t want another scandal?

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I read/saw photo that Max/Ben had a car accident the other week, car was a write-off you might say! Perhaps he may have been on drink/drugs and EE producers don’t want another scandal?
i agree with you - they might just be cutting him loose before anything gets “worse”.

in fairness to him, he seems to have had an extremely emotionally turbulent few years - it’s a shame if it’s all just built up into him losing a solid job that he likely could have had for a while.

the show needs a break from ben tbh. when he does leave i hope we don’t get a “new” one for a long while. a lot of characters would benefit from breathing space without him.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Surely they can't kill off another Mitchell? I think if he's leaving in the spring, they won't kill him off, if you're killing a legacy character you do it at Christmas, New Year or the 40th anniversary, not on a random episode.

This Ben has been my favourite since Lady Gaga Been but Ben is a whiny little witch and I won't miss him, I'll be sad if Lexi stays too

Reactions: 9
Just been reading about Whitney’s new pregnancy storyline. Who thinks Zak will leave with her in an unannounced exit, like Mitch and Karen? It’s hard to imagine why Whitney would choose to go off and have the baby on her own, she has never wanted that.

Reactions: 12
It feels like what they did with Jessie Wallace in a way, they suspended her when she would be in the press for kicking off or whatever. Think Chris doesn't take any tit though and if he's been partying too much then it's get rid not just a suspension. Could be more going on behind the scenes too. Ben is sometimes an alright character but I haven't taken to max that well, he's had.so many storylines. Just bring back Harry Reid or Charlie as they have played Ben before. They did it with Peter, Chris if you are reading this bring back Harry!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I agree that Zak has a place on the show, with Sharon and Albie, plus a good friendship with Martin. But I just can’t see how Whitney will be pregnant and leave him. And I really hope they wouldn’t make her lose another baby. So I’m wondering if they go off into the sunset together and Whitney finally gets a happy ending.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.